Chapter 86: Am I Prepared Enough?…
139 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 86: Am I Prepared Enough?…

(Tucker’s POV)

It was just months ago, but I still remember the absolute fear of death that I experienced when I met those four women… With my bravado as a mask, it hid that fear of mine. But that didn’t change that I was scared to the complete core…

Coming to this world, I was hopeful about the future. After all, in my last life, I went to prison for life since I had raped and murdered so many women. Here, I was free.

And what better, I ended up getting blessed by two God’s. Some people tend to change, but I didn’t. In fact, I had committed even more crimes in this life than I did in my past one.

With such power at the palm of my hands, it never crossed my mind that anyone could go against me. I even ignored their warning about the other higher being involved in this dimension.

They invested so heavily in Grace and me, what was the reason to fear? In my mind, there wasn’t anything that could stop me in this life. Of course, reality has a way of slapping you like a little bitch sometimes.

Selenia… she punted me away, clearly not using any strength at all, but damn near almost killed me in one hit. After running away, it took every healing potion and healer than I could find, and an entire week, just to not die from that one backhanded bitch slap of hers.

Then and there, I realized that my time was numbered. My refusal to turn over a new leaf in this life, caused me to be backed by the wrong higher beings. After all, I was still a rapist and murderer even in this new life of mine far before I was blessed by them.

With Grace gone, seemingly defected to their side, it was just me. And after seeing just a glimpse of those fours strength, the higher beings had taken out a loan of divine energy.

The threat was very simple. It wasn’t them making me more powerful for no reason. Unless they win this game, they cannot get back the divine energy that they expended thus far.

If they win the game, then they will get enough divine energy to not only pay back the loan, but to at least profit some divine energy in the end. If I failed, then… they would lose most, if not all, of their power.

Since there were such stakes at play, I hadn’t even slept in weeks. If I can’t win against them, it won’t just be me dying. Instead, they swore to take my soul, and torment me for all of eternity in spite of my failure.

Tucker: “Why are you all so fucking useless!?” I exclaim in anger, pushing everything off my desk.

Spies: “…”

Tucker: “Leave me!” I yell once again.

This is horrible… Never in my life, even when getting arrested, as I gave up willingly and peacefully, and not in prison, as I was tall in my last life as well, have I ever been this cornered before. My spies would just die, bringing me no information on our enemy at all.

This… this was my fate to die, huh? My only hope is that they underestimate me, and don’t prepare enough for the war. Was… was my inability to change the fault here?

If I did change, perhaps try to live like those isekai protagonists from the novels that I read in prison, would things have been different? After all, that Selenia… She has a harem, and seemingly is like one of those protagonists…

It’s not like I can just ask those higher beings for help, either. Not only did they take out a loan that they are unlikely to pay back, and that they cannot get another loan, they also refused to contact me anymore.

As I continued to grieve about my life, like I wasn’t a worthless piece of shit that has ruined countless lives, a Goddess appeared in my office… No. I wasn’t talking about a beautiful woman.

Though she was beautiful. But I could tell, this type of woman was clearly a lesbian. For some damn reason, I never raped lesbians. I have no idea why. I even killed children…

Marika: “Hello, I am the Goddess, Marika. Selenia and the rest are the ones that I’ve blessed.” She said, without being asked a single question by me at all.

Tucker: “Ah… so you’ve come to gloat, huh?” I ask in defeat.

Marika: “Gloat? Those fools couldn’t give you any more divine energy to enhance your power. As such, this war will be over quickly.” She replied.

Tucker: “So you’re here just to gloat.” I say with a sigh.

Marika: “No, no. I am here to offer you more divine energy.” She denied.

Tucker: “For what purpose?” I ask with a curious tone.

I find it very unlikely that she would be willing to betray her own blessed people. After all, going by her words, this war was destined for me to lose it. If so, why is she here like this, offering me more power? Is this… a second chance!?

Marika: “Haha! You think too highly of yourself, fool.” She laughed.

Tucker: “…”

Marika: “I will give you more power, as if I do not, then there won’t be enough chaos. And Selenia will be so fucking bored with how you currently are. I must keep my dear blessed child happy, you see.” She explained.

Tucker: “Am I just entertainment for her in the end?” I ask.

Marika: “That’s correct. In fact, you’re just a little stepping stone for her. Selenia does plan on taking over the world, after all.” She answered with another laugh.

Selenia wants to take over the entire world? That woman truly is an isekai protagonist…

Tucker: “With this power that you will give me, how much will it improve my chances of winning?” I ask with a serious tone.

Marika: “At most, instead of a zero percent chance of winning, it will be a five percent chance.” She replied.

Tucker: “…”

Marika: “Though, keep in mind that I am partial to her. If you do manage to get the upper-hand, then I will stop you from winning. Even if it means that I will lose this game.” She said with a serious tone.

Tucker: “…Then I will play my role in this play of Selenia’s. I am satisfied with this life, and I look forward to the torment that those higher beings plan to put me through. After all, I more than deserve such a fate.” I say with a defeated laugh.

The woman snapped her fingers, and I felt more powerful. The jump was a lot, but nowhere near enough for me to win against those four. Let alone just Selenia, who seems to be weaker than those other three are.

Once done, the woman vanished. Now, it was up to me to try and survive. If I do win, then great. If not, then, oh well. Not that big of a deal. I am a pretty spiteful asshole, so pissing off those higher beings by losing this war will truly be more than enough for me.

6