Chapter 6: The First Grinding
417 12 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the rural outskirts of Elysian, the online night transformed into a perilous landscape for ordinary residents who lacked self-defense skills against increasingly formidable monsters and relentless demons. Even those skilled in combat couldn't ensure their complete safety. But this ominous threat didn't extend to players who seized the night as an opportunity to strengthen themselves, and Yuna was no exception.

"Too slow! >>Heavy Swing!<<," Yuna exclaimed, her movements graceful as she nimbly sidestepped the wolf-shaped monster's lunge, effortlessly dispatching it with her masterful sword skill.

As the battle concluded, the defeated monster dissolved into shimmering blue particles, and a familiar blue screen unfurled, announcing Yuna's triumphant leveling up.

>>You have leveled up!<<

"Phew... looks like I've leveled up again~," Yuna chimed in, her delight evident as she beheld the leveling screen.

Consulting her Status, Yuna discerned that her level had now reached a point where she could readily confront creatures of this caliber.

>>Status<<

Name: Yuna

Level: 7

Exp: 03.19%

Class: None

Title: None

Stats points: 35

Stats:

HP: 420 (+200)

MP: 320 (+150)

Str: 34 (+10)(+5)

Mag: 27 (+8)

Agi: 35 (6+)(+10)

End: 26 (+7)

Int: 23 (+5)

Dex: 24 (+5)

"Hehe... judging by these stats alone, I'm level 7, but my stats are comparable to players above level 13 to 15... all thanks to my understanding of basic weapon principles, granting me additional stats. Plus, I know which monsters are perfect for early-game hunting," Yuna mused, her confidence swelling at her remarkable progress.

"Hmm... if I'm not mistaken, there's a mob that gives decent exp and drops valuable items for selling... should I head there now?" Yuna contemplated her options but ultimately shook her head. Her reservations were justified; although she possessed remarkable advantages, the monsters became far more formidable at night, and the penalty for in-game death was severe, involving a loss of several levels and a 24-hour ban from logging in.

"Hmm, maybe next time... besides, I still need to find clues about that Blacksmith quest," Yuna remarked, returning her focus to the enigmatic quest displayed on her blue screen.

Seating herself on a large, flat rock, Yuna retrieved a piece of Solmia bread and began to reexamine the quest, hoping to uncover any overlooked hints. Regrettably, her review yielded no useful insights.

"Haah... this quest is really strange. I asked the blacksmith if he had any clues about the person who stole all his weapons... but all he could remember was that they wore all green after that," Yuna mused, her gaze drifting toward the starry night sky, her lips pursed in contemplation.

Her eyes remained fixed on the celestial canopy, an epitome of boundless possibility, as she wrestled with the puzzle of where to initiate her quest investigation. Secret quests were particularly challenging to decipher, as they were rare and shrouded in obscurity. Her first encounter with such a quest was proving to be a frustrating endeavor.

"Even though the quest rewards are remarkable... if I can't solve it, it's all in vain," Yuna said with a hint of disappointment lingering in her voice, her gaze still adrift in the cosmos.

At that moment, she withdrew the sword that had been make for her by the blacksmith's.

...

"It's good that you want to help me... but unfortunately, with my hands like this, I can't provide you with the weapon you want. But for armor, maybe I can manage, as they didn't steal any of those," said the Blacksmith, gazing at his paralyzed right hand.

Yuna heard his words and inquired about how she could assist him, knowing that grinding for experience and loot tonight without proper equipment would be a significant challenge.

"I'm not sure... perhaps if someone used white magic like 'heal,' they might be able to heal my hand," the blacksmith replied, his tone tinged with disappointment.

"White magic?... 'heal'?... wait a minute, if I'm not mistaken..." Yuna contemplated her skills and swiftly confirmed that she possessed the "heal" ability through her basic knowledge of staff, which granted her proficiency in this magic.

"What if I try healing your hand?" Yuna suggested, extending her hand toward the blacksmith.

The Blacksmith appeared puzzled at first but then sought clarification.

Yuna explained her intention to test her "Heal" skill, a skill she had acquired due to her basic staff knowledge, to see if she could aid him.

"You... you can use white magic?!... this must be something..." the Blacksmith expressed his astonishment, albeit somewhat skeptical.

As Yuna reached out, the Blacksmith took a few cautious steps backward, eliciting Yuna's raised eyebrow of confusion.

"Why are you moving away from me?" she questioned, a hint of curiosity lacing her words.

"If you can heal my hand... what payment do you want for it?" the Blacksmith inquired, his uncertainty thinly veiled.

In response, Yuna refrained from immediate speech and entertained a thought that had crossed her mind. 

"Hehe... sharp observation, aren't you?... Uncle Blacksmith," Yuna teased.

"I told you not to call me uncle!" the Blacksmith snapped, displaying annoyance at her playful banter.

"Yes, I have my motives, but don't worry because this will help me fulfill your request, and I guarantee it won't be a problem for you," Yuna replied confidently, extending her hand once more.

The Blacksmith, still somewhat unsure, regarded Yuna in silence, evidently pondering whether to accept her offer. After a pause, he reluctantly approached and agreed.

"Alright, what do you want me to do as payment?" the Blacksmith inquired, his voice tinged with apprehension.

Taken aback by his initial hesitation, Yuna promptly composed herself and outlined her request.

She asked for six types of weapons, the finest he could craft, as her form of compensation.

"What do you say? Is that something you can manage?" Yuna inquired, her voice betraying a hint of nervousness.

Upon hearing her request, the Blacksmith's expression transformed from uncertainty to relief, and he burst into hearty laughter.

"Hahahaha! Is that all?... I thought you'd ask for something much worse. But I've made things like this every day... hahaha," he chuckled, genuinely amused by her request.

"Eh?..." Yuna gaped, bemused by his reaction as he laughed wholeheartedly.

The Blacksmith's laughter echoed through the room for several minutes before he managed to regain his composure, still chuckling as he clutched his stomach.

"Haha... you're really something, young lady... oh... haah... well, alright, I agree," the Blacksmith eventually conceded, then extended his left hand for a handshake, even attempting to shake his paralyzed right hand, which, though unresponsive, showed signs of limited mobility.

"I don't know why you're like this, but it doesn't matter. Here, let me try... >>Heal!<< " Yuna declared as she activated her "Heal" skill on his immobilized hand.

The Blacksmith's robust hand radiated with a soft, white light, and after the radiance subsided, he could feel the return of mobility.

"...It's been a few months, but even briefly, I felt the suffering of losing the use of this hand. Young lady, I'm grateful to you," the Blacksmith said, lowering his head with sincere appreciation.

"Oh... um, no problem," Yuna replied, appearing somewhat bashful in response to his heartfelt thanks.

"Hm?... what's this?" Yuna questioned as a new blue screen materialized.

>>Friendship with Blacksmith Attained<<

Becoming a friend with the Blacksmith wasn't easy because trust was built gradually, but you managed to do it quickly because your intentions were honest when you offered help to someone.

• Welcomed by all Blacksmiths in Elysian.

• Can obtain discounted prices on materials when buying from any Blacksmith.

"Hmm... interesting skill," Yuna remarked after reading about her newly acquired skill.

 "I can only make one weapon for you right now because of the lack of materials. Will that be okay?" the Blacksmith asked, concerned about Yuna's response.

Yuna assured him that it was acceptable since she only required one for the moment and could return for the rest later.

Yuna then requested a sword from him and the blacksmith began to make his way toward the work area but then pausing when he heard a question from the Yuna.

"Oh, right! Where's the armor you were going to give me?" Yuna queried, recollecting the offer and wearing an expectant expression.

The Blacksmith appeared somewhat nervous but soon returned with an item from an adjacent room, which he handed to Yuna.

"Let's see what we got in here!" Yuna exclaimed as she accepted the wooden box and proceeded to open it, revealing a leather guard armor inside.

>>Broken Solmia Leather Guard Armor<< [Tier: Normal]

This protective clothing is used by Solmia guards and is only given to those deemed worthy. In reality, anyone can wear it, and it's a failed project by a Blacksmith.

Requirements: Level 1

Durability: 21% remaining

• +30 HP

• Reduces physical attack damage by 1%

• Critical strikes will immobilize the wearer for 10 seconds.

"Oh... so this is what you were going to give me?" Yuna said, observing the Blacksmith with a slightly dissatisfied expression.

Subsequently, Yuna took it upon herself to lecture the Blacksmith, expressing her sense of betrayal, and the Blacksmith sat and listened, acknowledging his mistake.

...

"I give that armor back and  waiting at the Blacksmith until my sword is ready. And honestly... it's better than I expected," Yuna commented as she observed her new sword with satisfaction.

>>Lady's Sword<< [Tier: Rare]

This is the preferred sword of female knights in most of the kingdoms in Elysian. It's lightweight and easy to wield.

Requirements: For female users only, 10 DEX and 8 AGI.

• +10 SPD and +5 STR

While Yuna was admiring her new sword, she detected rustling in the nearby bushes.

"Hmm?... Oh? It seems we have some guests, and this time, you brought a friend, eh?" Yuna remarked, noticing several monsters similar to the ones she had defeated earlier, gathering in a group.

Yuna prepared her sword, displaying readiness for action.

"Now, who among you will perish first?" Yuna proclaimed with confidence before launching an attack on the approaching wolf-like monsters.

"Wow... I've seen her in the training hall. I had no idea she was this good, even though she's a newbie. This is interesting to watch while Selia is busy in that dangerous area~" a young girl commented as she flipped through a magical book.

10