Chapter 23
81 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The chilling, guttural laughter of the Elite Zombie Boss reverberated through the restroom, casting an ominous shadow over my thoughts. Standing there, my mind was a tumult of conflicting emotions — fear, determination, and a growing sense of desperation. The creature's mocking taunt, whether intentional or not, gnawed at my resolve. I knew I had to make a decision, and fast.

I weighed my options, as I took in heavy breaths. Attacking it head-on was risky; every javelin I threw could be turned against me. But retreating wasn't an option either — I had come too far to back down now. The thought of leveling up and escaping this place fueled my courage. My decision was made. I had to fight back.

Gripping another javelin firmly, I stepped cautiously closer to the doorway, my eyes locked onto the grotesque form of the Elite Zombie Boss. It stood there, its bloodshot eyes unblinking. With a deep breath, I threw the javelin with all my might, aiming for its head once again.

The javelin flew true, but the Elite Zombie Boss was quick. It caught the javelin midair and, with a twisted grin, hurled it back at me. I barely dodged, feeling the whoosh of air as the javelin passed inches from my face. Adrenaline surged through my veins, sharpening my senses.

Determined, I grabbed another javelin and launched it at the creature. Again, it managed to deflect my attack and send the javelin hurtling back towards me. I dove to the side, narrowly avoiding the projectile. The sound of the javelin piercing the wall just behind me struck a deep, unsettling fear in me, and made my knees weak.

But I couldn't give up. Each evasion, each narrow escape, only fueled my determination. I grabbed another javelin, my resolve hardening. The creature seemed to sense my determination, its roars growing louder, more ferocious.

The battle raged on, an intense dance of attack and evasion. Each time I hurled my javelin, the monstrous Elite Zombie Boss skillfully caught them in its grasp, deflecting them with a terrifying efficiency. Yet, amidst these deflected attacks, a few managed to scratch its powerful form, chipping away at its health.

The creature's roars, filled with pain and frustration, echoed through the restroom, signaling the impact of my successful strikes. While the boss adeptly caught many of my javelins, the scratches that did connect were shallow but accumulating, gradually weakening the imposing behemoth before me.

Yet, the Elite Zombie Boss was not without its own cunning and strength. In its frenzied attempts to fend off my assault, it managed to land a few scratches on me as well. The pain was sharp, almost electric, jolting through my body with every hit I took. The metallic scent of my own blood mingled with the musty, decayed odor of the restroom, creating an atmosphere of desperation.

Despite the pain, I pressed on, fueled by adrenaline and the sheer will to survive. As the battle went on, I saw the Elite Zombie Boss faltering, its movements becoming sluggish, its roars less intimidating. It was losing strength, and I could sense victory within my grasp.

Then, in a surprising twist, the Elite Zombie Boss began to retreat. I watched in disbelief as the creature, which had seemed so menacing and invincible moments ago, started backing away, its bloodshot eyes flickering with what seemed like uncertainty. My heart pounded in my chest, confusion swirling within me.

"What the hell, are you seriously going to retreat when I'm just about to defeat you?!" I exclaimed aloud, incredulous at the turn of events. The notion that this towering, nightmarish entity could actually flee was baffling. It was as if the creature itself had sensed its impending doom and chose survival over pride.

I stood there for a moment, panting, my javelin still clutched tightly in my hand. A part of me wanted to chase after it, to finish the fight that had been so fiercely contested. But another part, perhaps the more rational part, cautioned against overreaching.

Torn between caution and the burning need to seize this opportunity, I stood motionless for a moment, my breath ragged, my heart pounding in my chest. The sight of the Elite Zombie Boss retreating was both unexpected and tantalizing. This could be my only chance to end this nightmare. I couldn't let it slip away. I had to act, and act now.

With a surge of resolve, I tightened my grip on the javelin and sprinted out of the restroom, chasing after the retreating form of the Elite Zombie Boss. My feet pounded against the floor, the steps echoing in the empty corridors. With a sense of urgency, the thrill of the hunt propelled me forward. I couldn't afford to lose sight of it now, not when victory was so close.

As I closed in on the creature, my senses were heightened, aware of every move it was making. The Elite Zombie Boss's hulking form was just ahead, its retreat seemingly unhurried, almost as if it was baiting me further. But my greed overshadowed any doubts. This was my moment, and I wasn't going to back down.

Then, in a flash of movement that caught me completely off guard, the Elite Zombie Boss whirled around with astonishing speed. Before I could react, it had grabbed me around the waist, its grip iron-like and unyielding. A leering grin spread across its gruesome face, revealing rows of jagged, stained teeth. The creature's breath was foul, a stench of death and decay that made me gag.

Panic surged through me as I struggled against its hold. The creature's strength was overwhelming, its fingers digging into my sides with painful force. The cold, clammy touch of its skin sent shivers down my spine. Its eyes, now up close, were a horrifying sight — bloodshot and devoid of any humanity, reflecting a malice that was purely predatory.

The Elite Zombie Boss's leering grin widened, a grotesque mockery of amusement. It seemed to be laughing at my struggle, in the fear that was now evident in my eyes. I could feel its hot, rancid breath against my face, making my stomach churn in revulsion.

Pinned in the vice-like grip of the Elite Zombie Boss, its grotesque face inches from mine, an unnerving realization washed over me. "Damn it, is this the end for me?"

2