chapter 3
383 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After racking my brain for days, I couldn't think of anything relevant to my situation, so I began to submit to my fate. Well, for now anyway, since most of the information from my previous life was irrelevant. and the information I have about this world is too little. I decided to play my part as a baby in order to gather information about the world around me. I spent the majority of my time in my cot sleeping, as these days are crucial to a baby's growth and development. At other points in time, I am either trying to understand a new language or being breast-fed. That's how my first year went by.

approximately 1 year later.

I have now thoroughly understood the language, grown in knowledge and size, and have even learned how the world was ruled by those who held power. The majority tend to be men, as they get many more chances and lucky encounters, allowing them to rise to the top more easily. I somehow learned how to open my status somewhere down the line. It turns out magic is real, but kids below the age of one cannot access internal mana due to incomplete development of the internal mana circuit.

"open status"

Eliana, a female human

Level 1: 0/15

Skills: Sleep, Human Central Language

skill description: sleep (passive) speeds up regeneration and growth. The other effects are locked,... Human Central Language (passive): communicating with fellow humans has become simpler.

(Notice skills can be learned by repeating actions multiple times.)

stats:

mana:  locked/10

Str:5

Con:10

Dex:5

"close status"

My birth day was coming up. As I was nearly 1, I would soon be introduced to the villager and pay a visit to the village centre. Then I would be introduced to kids within my age range and be allowed to make friends. My birth day came, and as promised, I met the many villagers. Surprisingly, there were over 25 children that I met; however, there weren't many around the same age as me. Although I was one of the youngest of the bunch, having people to talk to other than my parents was great. I was ecstatic and jumped at the chance to make friends, but the older kids refused outright, and the boys distanced themselves from me. I was confused and made friends with the other ostracised kids.

As time went on, I began to notice that my body had begun to have an influence on me, as it made me act childishly, especially when around other kids. It was a very small influence, yet it was enough to change my entire persona. It worried me greatly. There were three other kids that were excluded like me; their names were James, Ana, and Eddie. The four of us became good friends almost instantly.

 

10