chapter 5
300 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eliana: "Mummy, I can feel my mana; it's so amazing."

Eluscia: "Really, that's great; mana is said to be extremely hard to feel and control; you must be a natural." "Promise me that you will be careful when using your mana; it can be really dangerous."

Eliana: "Of course, mom."

but really and truly, I had other ideas. I'm going to test the different uses of my mana. The first test was mana control, expulsion, and absorption. I began my tests by trying to control the mana in my circuit. I began to circulate my mana round and round. It was difficult at first, but it got easier and easier. Then then i tried to release my mana, and it worked first. Then I moved on to absorption, but it did not work properly so I declared the test a failure due to a lack of control.

I then moved on to my second round of tests, but as I was about to start, I was interrupted by a vigorous shaking of the ground. What was happening? I quickly ran to my parents to find out what was going on. It was a monster horde. The village guards had just notified the inhabitants to split up into two groups: group 1 (the men) and group 2 (the women and children).group two was set to evacuate to the nearest city/ fortress to request sanctuary and aid while group one was to defend the village and stall the horde long enough for the group to achieve their goal so I was picked up by my mother after saying our goodbyes to father she then ran as fast as she could toward group 2, we hoped in a carriage pulled by two horses rushing towards the city there were three other carriages in our group sadly our carriage was being pulled by the weakest horses so we were beginning to lag behind when "CRACK" the wheel hit a rock and snapped in half sending both me and my mother tumbling off the carriage and sinking into thick mud.

The people were redistributed quickly, and they left the carriage behind as they escaped.

Eddie: "Wasn't Eliana in that carriage? Why isn't she here?"

Ana: "They did not forget her, right?"

James: "It cannot be; they would not be able to miss out on such a distinctive person."

Ana: "Hope you're right."

There were only three carriages left, so they split the horses from the lost carriage, so each now has three horses. This increased the speed at which they could travel slightly, and the carriages luckily made it to a small fortress by a river and they were able to request  the aid of the soldiers and mages.

Eluscia struggled through the mud, trying to get out while holding Eliana close. They were both submerged deeply. Eliana struggled, trying not to breathe in the muddy water. Eluscia enhanced her body with mana and pushed up using her legs, sending us both flying out of the mud and into a large field of tall grass as we gasped for breath. Finally, we made it out of the mud; however, as soon as we got back to our senses, the other three carriages were gone. Now we were stuck.

 

8