chapter 6
204 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eluscia and Eliana were baffled. How could they get left behind? They ran towards the carriages while screaming, but it had no effect. The carriages were far away and travelling at high speed, enveloped in the continuous sound of the wooden wheels on the gravel roads and galloping horses in front.

Eliana looked back, only to see the approaching horde. Did the village men get beaten already? She was in shock as she pointed it out to her mother. Tears immediately well up in her eyes as she thought of the likely end of her father and the other villagers, Fear was beginning to take over her infantile mind as she thought about the likely end of her and her mother. There was no way that they would outrun the horde; her childish instincts began to take over as she hugged her mother tightly with tears in her eyes and new fears in her heart. Along with a large void created by the loss of her father, it hit her hard.

Eluscia held back her tears and acted strong in front of her child, putting Eliana's safety before her own. She hugged Eliana back tightly and used a large portion of her remaining mana to catapult herself into the surrounding forest, hoping for the best as she flew further and further into the continually darkening canopy of trees. splash!! Luckily,  she landed pretty centrally in a deep and large body of water, Elusia used her body to take as much of the impact from the hard contact with the waters surface, then used the rest of her mana to create a barrier around Eliana, pushing herself to the brink of mana exhaustion using the last of her stamina She pushes herself to bring her daughter to the safety of the pond edge, pushing Eliana and herself on top as she begins to feel faint and falls into deep sleep, hoping for the best. Little did they know the part of the forest they entered was infested with a vile green-skinned race thought to be the enemy of women.

location xxx 

Eddie, Ana, and James sat in the carriage while the adults were talking to the people within the fortress. The people were informed about the horde, began to panic, and ended up messing up there disguises. They were bandits disguised as soldiers for the kingdom. As they found out, the villager's tried to escape, but all of them were captured except some of the quick-witted and small kids who got out unnoticed and hid in the bushes near by. The carriages were made up of women and children, perfect for capture and being sold and used as slaves 

lucky Ana, Eddie, and James were among the five children that escaped the bandits and decided to leave quickly in order to ensure there escape. The bandits also did the same thing: they did not want to face a horde in a temporary fortress of wood with the few men he currently had and the new goods he found, so they rushed to hide out in the blood-soaked mountains with the women and children in tow.

Eddie, Ana, and James followed the eldest of the group of children that escaped and headed deeper into the forest as he began to set up a quick temporary camp.

6