chapter 8
196 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The children who escaped the bandits stayed together, with the eldest taking charge and looking after the youngers. They began by making a temporary shelter to keep themselves safe and warm The days passed fast, and over time, a merchant that normally comes to trade with the village spots the small camp of the children on there way to the village, and the children are offered help. The children explain the circumstances to the merchant, and the merchant then turns the carriage around and returns with a surprised expression on his face. The men in the village were wiped out, and the women and children who fled were captured as slaves. The carriage ends up rushing back to the merchants home town. As soon as they make it back, the guards are alerted and dispatched to track and trace the bandits. The merchant decides to take in the kids, as he is an influential and powerful figure in the city.

Eliana lay alone on her bed, crying uncontrollably, when the orphanage staff came to find her and get her to eat.

"Holly (orphanage staff): Eliana, are you not hungry, dear? The food is getting cold, and you haven't eaten since last night."

"Eliana: "No, right now, uh, I'm not hungry."

Holly (orphanage staff):Eliana, are you sure you are not hungry? Look, I know you have just been through something hard, but starving yourself will not help in any way. Can I come up to you with a little snack?"

Eliana: "Alright, fine."

Holly then climbs the ladder with a small plate of food and sets it down to the side before pulling Eliana into a tight hug and begins rubbing her back slowly, holding her to her chest, saying, Let it all out, its ok. Now your safe here If you need anything, you can come to me, alright? Now quick, say, Ahh."

Holly lifts the spoon of a sweet desert before putting it in Eliana's mouth. They sit together for an hour before Eliana stops crying, as she finds someone to confide in whenever she feels down. The gaping hole in her heart is closing just a little bit. Days turn to weeks and weeks to months, and the staff at the orphanage treat Eliana like there own; however, the children treat her badly, and once again, she is outcast by the children due to her one red eye. As Eliana is always by herself, she decides to train her mana and control over different elements. Over time, she gains a good mastery of her mana and the conversions into different elements. She begins to experiment with mana using her previous life memories, allowing her to produce new effects using her mana, such as using her knowledge of the sciences to make flames of different colours and strengths, creating stronger wind magic using pressure, stronger water magic, and stronger earth magic using her knowledge of atoms, and using biology for more efficient healing magic. The adventurers visit Eliana once again to see how she is. Eliana is very grateful to them and promises herself that she will repay them one day. time continues on as years pass Eliana turns 5, and her vivid memories fade into a blur.

Holly "Eliana, its time for your first day at school."

Holly helps Eliana get ready, but Eliana refuses to put a dress on. Her few remaining fragments of masculinity from her past life stop her from wearing the frilly, cute clothes most girls like. She finds it bad enough that she is made to wear girly clothes in the orphanage along with cute ribbons on her hair in pigtails, but now they want her to wear ribbons and a frilly dress in public as well. She could not stand the thought. However, after a few moments of arguing her point, Holly began to get angry and forced her into an even more girly dress along with red rose-patterned ribbons and a flower hairclip. Holly then quickly dragged her all the way to the school. At school, Eliana looked the most beautiful out of all the girls; her exceptional beauty made the boys hearts flutter. Eliana was not used to being the centre of attention; school at this age was mostly about learning to read, write, and complete simple math while the teacher showed case-different magic and stimulated the children's mana circuits to help them awaken their mana. Eliana ended up learning every thing at a much faster rate then the other kids, leading the teachers to give her more work This caused some kids to get jealous and dislike her, and so the rumours began once again. They made fun of her heterochromia; her red and purple eyes were once again a source of her misfortune; this lowered her self-esteem greatly, and she continuously found herself hiding within the crowds and changing her hair style, covering her one red eye. the teachers thought she was a genius The boys stares made her self-conscious due to the rude remarks of the girls. That's all it was at the beginning; however, the girls slowly became worse as it changed from just rumours to physical. Until something inside Eliana changed, her fuse had run out, and her overwhelming magical prowess sent the bullies to their knees in tears under her immense and powerful aura of anger and bloodlust.

"go away!" she screamed as She pressurised air and made it into a solid wall and pushed it forward while releasing the pressure, creating an extremely powerful and fast wind that blew the kids many metres away, rolling like footballs until they hit the wall at the other end of the children's playground. teacher came running, demanding an explanation for the dazed kid sprawled out on the floor. This incident stopped the bullies but made a new reason for people not to become her friend, and so she stayed lonely at school until some one joined midyear It was a kind and handsome boy, and he immediately befriended Eliana, and so Eliana's days of sadness became much brighter.

5