chapter 9
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day began with Eliana eating breakfast, getting ready for school, and being forced into her school dress. on the way to school, Eliana finds her new desk-mate taking a similar route to school

Eliana: "Ah, your the new kid, right? Guess what?"

Leo (the new kid): "What?"

Eliana "were desk mates."

Leo and Eliana hit it off well and ended up talking for the medium-length walk to school, which seemed to feel shorter than usual. Eliana felt she had made her first friend her age in this city. As they approached the school gate, many of the other students started whispering about different rumours  that involved Eliana, causing her mood to sour, so she ended up running through the school halls and into the classroom. She was expecting her new friend to dissociate himself after hearing the rumours, and so her emotions of joy turned to sadness as she sat hidden in the back corner of the classroom. She did not yet know that Leo was defending her at that moment by the front gate. Some time passed and lesson 1 was starting, so Eliana steeled her nerves, readying herself to endure the day of bullying.

teacher(lesson1): "quite down class. I am filling out the register. Is Eliana absent today?"

Leo , "She is present; I saw her at the gate."

Eliana knock knock "Sorry, I am late."

The teacher started the lesson, and the class was mostly uneventful. Eliana and Leo talked to each other freely, and they became closer.  They soon became inseparable both during and after school, as Leo was one of her only friends. The day turned to weeks, and soon Leo started turning up at the orphanage to play with Eliana, especially on the weekends.

one Saturday while Eliana and Leo were playing a game, Eliana was called inside the orphanage heads office and told that someone had come to adopt her. She was shocked, thinking that she was going to be separated from her friends once more. She was told that she would be adopted by a couple that could not have kids. Shortly after notifying Eliana, I told her that the couple would visit tomorrow to fill out the documents. Eliana could not help but feel unease at this, and just like that, she was dismissed. Eliana told Leo about the new circumstances and said that it may be the last time they see each other for an indefinite period.

the next day

Eliana awakened; her adoption was today.

4