8
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brother Tian, no~ I'm sorry to trouble you so late... My dad... he's sick again," Wang Qing said, his voice trembling.

"Why are you being so polite? Where's the medicine? I'll handle it!" Interrupting Wang Qing, Lin Tian noticed the syringe in Wang Qing's hand, grabbed it, and hurried towards Wang Qing's house.

Wang Qing's home was downstairs from Lin Tian's.

Ouch~! Woohoo! Ah~ it hurts~ it hurts...

As he turned the corner and passed the stairs, Lin Tian heard a series of men's wailing screams. Simultaneously, he heard a few "crack" sounds, like heavy objects falling to the ground.

"I'll go. Is there such a commotion this time?" Lin Tian froze, seeing this unexpected turn of events.

During the two previous visits, Lin Tian had only helped administer medicine or painkiller injections to Wang Qing's father. Although it was a bit noisy when he was ill, it was nothing like what was happening today.

Just as Lin Tian hesitated, a cooking pot suddenly flew towards him.

Lin Tian stood to the side, reached out his arm to shield himself, and moved to the side to evade. However, through the narrow doorway, it was already too late to avoid the pot.

"Ah~! Brother Lin, be careful!" Wang Qing, who was following, couldn't help but exclaim. She turned around, stood in front of Lin Tian, and stretched out her arms to shield him.

Snap~! Just as the cooking pot was about to hit him, Lin Tian suddenly extended his palm and firmly grabbed the handle of the cooking pot.

Wang Qing closed her eyes in fear, waiting for the impact, but it never came. Confused, she opened her eyes and saw Lin Tian holding the handle of the cooking pot.

Um?

Lin Tian, who was clutching the pot, suddenly grunted.

Turning his head slightly, Lin Tian's eyes fell on the cooking pot in his hand. For some reason, the cooking pot gave Lin Tian a faint feeling of unease.

At that moment, Lin Tian noticed a faint scent of Yin spirit emanating from the cooking pot.

"Not good!" Lin Tian exclaimed, instantly pulling Wang Qing back.

"Wang Qing, stay here and don't move!" Lin Tian instructed, holding the cooking pot in front of Wang Qing protectively, his voice a whisper.

Long Yi, perceiving the strange aura on the cooking pot, twisted and moved on Lin Tian's wrist.

"Brother Tian, what's going on..." Wang Qing was bewildered, looking at Lin Tian holding the pot and the silver arowana on his wrist. If Long Yi hadn't moved, she would have thought Lin Tian was wearing some sort of wrist guard.

Why was there a ghostly aura on the cooking pot thrown by Wang Qing's father?

With no time to think, Lin Tian took a step forward. But just as he was about to move, Wang Qing, standing in front of him, held him back.

"Brother Tian, this...this time... please don't go there. I'd rather call the mental hospital and inform them. I'm truly sorry this time. I almost harmed you..." Wang Qing's face showed pain as if she had made up her mind, especially regarding her father. She didn't expect him to be in such a situation.

"No! No need!" Frowning slightly at Wang Qing's suggestion, Lin Tian responded, "I believe I have found a way."

From Lin Tian's perspective, the cause of Uncle Wang's behavior seemed to be related to a Yin spirit, not any mental illness. The only solution he could think of was to rely on his beast control. The idea of a mental hospital wouldn't help in this situation.

"Huh? How?" Wang Qing was deeply perplexed by Lin Tian's words.

Before she could ask any more questions, she realized Lin Tian was no longer there. Lin Tian had moved so fast that she could only see the clothes she was holding were now empty. In a flash, Lin Tian had entered the house, and the security door was slammed shut.

This sight alarmed Wang Qing. "Brother Tian, don't..."

While speaking, she tried to open the heavy security door, but it seemed impossible.

In that moment, Wang Qing felt profound self-blame. If she had known this would happen, she would never have allowed Lin Tian to take such a risk.

"Uncle Wang, calm down, please! It's Xiao Lin..." Lin Tian tried to soothe, searching for Uncle Wang amidst the chaos in the house.

Tables, wardrobes, and beds were torn apart, and even the textbooks on Wang Qing's bookshelf were in tatters.

"Ahwuwuah..."

But Uncle Wang's voice, at this point, was no longer human.

In Lin Tian's vision, Uncle Wang emerged from the bedroom, his body contorted and neck bent, black liquid oozing from his mouth.

His once-disabled right leg was now completely black and swollen, resembling an elephant's leg, shreds of trouser leg fabric clinging to it.

Moreover, Lin Tian noticed that Uncle Wang's exposed upper body was covered in a layer of black energy. His eyes were like dark voids, dizzying to anyone who looked into them.

At this moment, Lin Tian remained silent, fixated on Uncle Wang at the bedroom door. Even Long Yi on his wrist stopped wriggling, focused on Uncle Wang's every move.

Water droplets collected around Long Yi's mouth.

Huha~! Huha~!

Uncle Wang roared in an inhuman voice, greedily eyeing Lin Tian and Long Yi on his wrist, as if they were rare delicacies.

Simultaneously, Lin Tian assessed Uncle Wang's condition. Having experienced Aunt Chen's possession, he had gained some understanding of dealing with these Yinling incidents. Fear and anxiety were replaced by a calm analysis of the Yin spirit aura manifesting in Uncle Wang.

"The strong Yin spirit aura accompanied by this black energy is somewhat different from my previous encounters..." Lin Tian observed Uncle Wang and sighed internally.

"It appears that this Yin spirit has been residing in Uncle Wang for a considerable time. The situation is markedly distinct from Aunt Chen's!"

Lin Tian reflected deeply.

The Yin spirit in Aunt Chen's body had only recently taken root, making her easier to separate from under the influence of Long Yi's aura. However, with Uncle Wang, it might be more challenging to utilize the same approach.

If this Yin spirit isn't expelled from Uncle Wang's body, the opportune moment to eliminate it may come only upon Uncle Wang's death.

etc!

A sudden thought crossed Lin Tian's mind.

I recall that when the landlord, Aunt Chen, faced a Yin spirit before, it broke away from her body because of the powerful roar that Long Yi unleashed, carrying spiritual power that had a strong deterrent effect.

Furthermore, the Yin spirit seemed to intend to invade Lin Tian at that time, so it detached itself.

Now, after the second evolution, Long Yi had acquired a new beast-controlling skill - Dragon Roar and Fury.

This dragon's roar was even more potent than the sound Long Yi produced before when carrying spiritual power.

What was crucial was that Lin Tian observed greed in Uncle Wang's eyes at this moment.

All these thoughts raced through Lin Tian's mind in an instant, and he already had a solution in mind!

1