10
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brother Tian, I really need to thank you this time. Without you, I would..." After settling his father temporarily, Wang Qing turned around and expressed his gratitude.

"You're welcome, it's fine! I think your dad’s leg should be fine, and he’ll be able to walk in a few days!" Lin Tian reassured Wang Qing with a smile and a wave of his hand.

"What? Walk... on the ground? Brother Tian, you... healed my dad's leg?" Wang Qing couldn't believe Lin Tian's words regarding her father, who had been unable to walk for two years.

"You're right. I just checked, and there is nothing wrong with Uncle Wang's leg. Don't worry!" Lin Tian assured her, having observed Uncle Wang's condition spiritually. Other than some muscle atrophy, there was nothing serious. Lin Tian believed this muscle atrophy could be alleviated through rehabilitation training. In his opinion, the previous leg ailment was mainly due to the influence of the Yin spirit. Now that the Yin spirit had been eliminated, the leg issue was not as severe. However, given the long duration of the ailment, a recovery period would be necessary.

"Ugh~! Ahem!" While Lin Tian and Wang Qing were talking, Uncle Wang, who was lying on the bed, suddenly whimpered and coughed, then slowly opened his eyes. This time, only more than half an hour had passed since Lin Tian eliminated the Yin spirit. Uncle Wang's quick recovery surprised Lin Tian. Considering the prolonged presence of the Yin spirit and its recent outbreak, Lin Tian expected Uncle Wang's body to be weaker.

"Wang Qing, I have something to discuss with Uncle Wang. Could you give us some privacy for a moment?" Lin Tian hesitated, looking at Uncle Wang who had awakened, and said to Wang Qing.

"Of course, I'll go outside and clean up," Wang Qing responded, understanding Lin Tian's request, and left the room.

Uncle Wang, now awake and more alert, shifted his gaze to Lin Tian.

"Uncle Wang, what is going on?" Lin Tian asked softly, ready to listen to Uncle Wang's account.

Lin Tian knew that Uncle Wang's personal experience as someone attacked by the Yin spirit, especially the process of the Yin spirit's 'outbreak' and eventual elimination, was very clear to him. Perhaps he wasn't fully aware of it before, but he must have a thorough understanding of what just occurred, given how he swiftly ensured his and his daughter's escape under the circumstances. Therefore, Lin Tian wasted no time and directly addressed the matter.

Of course, Lin Tian's concern was not only for Uncle Wang's health but also to understand the cause of the Yin spirit invasion. This was related to his acquisition of the spirit bead.

Based on Lin Tian's understanding, Wang Qing's father had been in this situation for two years. Over the past two years, the 'condition' had gradually worsened, especially at the beginning of this month, when painkillers were no longer effective.

As for the reason for this situation, Lin Tian had limited knowledge in the past.

"Hey~!" Uncle Wang sighed deeply upon hearing Lin Tian's words. He picked up a cigarette that had fallen on the ground, lit it, and took a puff. A long trail of smoke lingered in the room, refusing to dissipate.

"Speaking of which, I am also to blame for this matter. Can you guess what it is?" Uncle Wang said, sighing bitterly, as he patted his right leg and then pointed to the tattered wardrobe in the corner.

"Ah?" Lin Tian was confused and looked in the direction Uncle Wang was pointing. Upon seeing it, clothes were scattered everywhere in the tattered wardrobe. However, securely hung on a clothes hanger at the center was a peculiar piece of clothing resembling armor. Additionally, this armor-like clothing had various unusual features, such as large joints between sleeves and the body's sides, and between the crotch and legs. Did it resemble wings?

"Uncle Wang... is this... a wingsuit?" Lin Tian asked hesitantly, looking at the clothes in the wardrobe.

Huh~! Uncle Wang exhaled a long puff of smoke and sighed once again. "To be precise, it should be called a wingsuit."

"Uh... I didn't expect you, Uncle Wang, to be an extreme sports enthusiast... Is that why you have such bad legs?" Lin Tian inquired, observing the wingsuit in the closet.

Lin Tian listened intently as Uncle Wang continued his account.

"After the lightning strike, my right leg was severely injured. I was in immense pain and couldn't move. My flying companions quickly descended to help me. They brought me to a hospital, and there I stayed for a long time, undergoing various treatments and surgeries."

Lin Tian furrowed his brow, processing the details. It was indeed a tragic incident.

Uncle Wang continued, "Although I recovered to a certain extent after a long period of rehabilitation, my leg was never the same. It became weak, and I couldn't walk without support. Doctors said that it was unlikely I would regain full strength in that leg."

Lin Tian nodded in understanding. Such severe injuries could indeed lead to a weakened limb, even after extensive medical care.

"But... as time passed, strange things started to happen. I began to feel a presence around me, something ominous. At first, I thought it was just my imagination, a psychological aftermath of the lightning strike. But soon, I started seeing shadowy figures, and eerie sounds echoed around me."

Uncle Wang's voice grew quieter as he recounted these unsettling experiences. Lin Tian could see the fear in his eyes as he relived those memories.

"At first, I tried to dismiss it, thinking it was stress or trauma. But it became impossible to ignore. The shadowy figures would grow more distinct, and I could feel their presence, an eerie coldness that seemed to surround me. I couldn't sleep, couldn't focus, and the pain in my leg intensified."

Lin Tian's mind raced as he listened. This was certainly more than a physical injury; it seemed like some supernatural force was at play.

"I sought help from various places—doctors, psychologists, even traditional healers. They offered medicines, therapies, but nothing seemed to work. The figures and eerie sensations persisted, and my health deteriorated further."

Uncle Wang's face contorted with anguish as he recounted these events. Lin Tian could sense the desperation and fear he must have felt during that time.

"About a month ago, things took a darker turn. The shadowy figures began to manifest more aggressively, tormenting me day and night. I knew I had to do something. That's when I contacted Wang Qing and explained what was happening to me."

Lin Tian nodded, understanding how desperate Uncle Wang must have been to seek help from his daughter.

"Wang Qing then reached out to a friend who had knowledge about spiritual matters. That friend suggested seeking help from a Taoist priest. But before we could arrange that, the Yin spirit within me seemed to gain strength. Its attacks grew more violent, and I felt like I was losing control."

Uncle Wang paused, visibly shaken by the memory.

"That's when I blacked out. The next thing I remember is waking up to you fighting the Yin spirit."

Lin Tian took in the entire story, a grim realization dawning upon him. It was clear that Uncle Wang's encounter with the Yin spirit was intricately tied to the lightning strike and the subsequent haunting.

"Uncle Wang, I believe I can help you further," Lin Tian said, determination in his eyes. "But I'll need to investigate this matter more thoroughly. Would you be willing to cooperate with me and provide any additional information that might be relevant?"

Uncle Wang nodded gratefully, relief visible in his eyes. "Of course, I'll do whatever I can to get rid of this malevolent presence. Thank you, Lin Tian."

With this newfound resolve, Lin Tian began formulating a plan to uncover the mysteries behind Uncle Wang's haunting and ultimately free him from the clutches of the Yin spirit.

"Later? , I gritted my teeth and endured the pain, opened the parachute, and landed in the wilderness. Then I waited for rescue. I had a GPS on me, so the search and rescue team could find me. " Uncle Wang recalled while rubbing his right leg.

1