11
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing Uncle Wang's words, Lin Tian furrowed his brow. It now appeared that the initial plan of searching for traces of Yin spirits to collect more spirit beads seemed somewhat unreliable.

After all, a considerable amount of time had passed, and being in the wilderness introduced a multitude of variables.

The most pressing concern for Lin Tian was his inability to ascertain the main reason why Uncle Wang had encountered the Yin spirit. It was possible that it didn't happen exactly where he initially thought.

"Hey, don't mention it. Despite landing on the ground and injuring my right leg, that night was quite terrifying. You know, the wilderness is teeming with wild beasts, especially after dark. I've had some friends who encountered wolves..."

"But perhaps my luck turned around after being struck by lightning. On the night I awaited rescue, I wasn't attacked by any wild beasts. In fact, I stumbled upon a fruit tree where I had landed. That's how I managed to survive. If not for that food supply, I would have undoubtedly perished!"

"Uncle Wang, what kind of fruit tree was it?"

At the mention of the fruit tree by Uncle Wang, Lin Tian raised an intrigued eyebrow. For some unknown reason, when he heard the words 'fruit tree,' Lin Tian's heart skipped a beat, prompting him to interject and inquire further.

"Ah? It was just a regular sand fruit tree, I suppose. It was nighttime, and I was looking at the statue under the moonlight. I didn't think much of it back then, so I picked the fruit and ate it..."

Uncle Wang pondered for a moment and responded, "Sha Guoshu? Yes, Lin Tian, I did fly to Canglong Mountain, our city."

Lin Tian sought confirmation, recalling the presence of a wingsuit flying club on the Canglong Mountain side.

However...

Given Canglong Mountain's topography and geology, it was implausible for sand fruit trees to grow there. In fact, even berry trees were not known to exist in that area.

This discrepancy raised serious doubts in Lin Tian's mind.

"That's correct, it's Longmenting in Canglong Mountain. The altitude is high, and the terrain is perfect for wingsuit flying. Our club is based there. It's hard to believe, but I did stumble upon a sand fruit tree!" Uncle Wang responded, seemingly understanding Lin Tian's skepticism.

"Uncle Wang, could you please tell me where exactly you landed? I'd like to visit and investigate when I have the opportunity," Lin Tian inquired after some consideration.

For Lin Tian, obtaining the spirit beads was paramount. To achieve this, he had to hunt and eliminate Yin spirits for the spirit beads. Therefore, he couldn't afford to overlook any potential leads.

Regardless, he felt compelled to visit Canglong Mountain to confirm the existence of the sand fruit tree Uncle Wang had mentioned.

"Breakfast is ready, Brother Tian. We're running low on ingredients, so I made some fish soup noodles. Hope that'll do for now," Wang Qing's voice called from outside the door as morning arrived.

Shortly after, Wang Qing entered the room carrying a pot, filling the air with the delightful aroma of fish and noodles.

"Fish soup? Really, Long Yi..." Lin Tian wrinkled his nose, catching sight of a silverfish gliding in the center of the pot that Wang Qing was holding. His pupils widened...

He turned his head absentmindedly, and Long Yi was no longer on his wrist.

...

"The smell is amazing!" Lin Tian gave Wang Qing a thumbs up and complimented him, then immersed himself in enjoying the fish noodles.

Meanwhile, in the washbasin on the dining table, Long Yi was relishing the shrimps specially prepared by Wang Qing!

At eight o'clock in the morning, Lin Tian packed his belongings and, with Long Yi, hopped onto the bus headed for Canglong Mountain.

Regarding what had happened two years ago, Lin Tian wasn't certain if he could still find the Sha Guo tree that Uncle Wang had mentioned. However, since there were clues, he was determined to check it out.

With the location details provided by Uncle Wang, Lin Tian knew it was deep within Canglong Mountain, far beyond the Canglong Mountain Scenic Area and usually inaccessible.

This information was valuable for Lin Tian.

...

Around noon, a tourist bus parked at the scenic spot's entrance, and a slightly handsome young man, donning a jacket and chestnut hair, disembarked first.

It was unmistakably Lin Tian.

He stepped out, took a deep breath, and admired the rugged peaks of Canglong Mountain.

In the distance, mist veiled the remote mountains, giving them an ethereal quality. Shadows danced and swayed amidst the mist, appearing both distant and near, like a few strokes of light ink brushed across the blue sky.

The green mountains stood layered, resembling the undulating waves of the sea, turbulent and grand, resembling a mighty dragon at rest, exuding a majestic ambiance.

As Lin Tian beheld this breathtaking scenery, he felt a surge of heroism within, an inspiration to pen a poem.

He puffed out his chest and exclaimed, "Ah~~! What a mountain!"

Lin Tian's excitement caused a few plump ladies who had just disembarked from the bus to shiver with surprise.

...

After soaking in the mesmerizing mountain scenery, Lin Tian paused to study the map on his mobile phone, confirming his destination. He then observed the crowd heading into the mountains for recreation and chose the opposite path.

The map indicated that following the winding mountain road within the scenic area to reach the location Uncle Wang had described might take until the following morning.

However, by scaling the backside of the mountain directly, he could approach the area where Uncle Wang had faced danger. Granted, this route would present steep and unfamiliar cliffs compared to the planned mountain roads within the scenic area. Nevertheless, it didn't seem to be a challenging feat for Lin Tian.

...

At three o'clock in the afternoon, while the bright sunshine still illuminated the rugged cliffs, a hand suddenly emerged, gripping the jutting rocks tightly. Moments later, a figure ascended from bottom to top and stood triumphantly at the peak.

Standing tall, a silvery aura enveloped him, and bubbles occasionally formed in the air. It was Lin Tian, making his way up the rock.

"Huh~! Finally made it!" Lin Tian exclaimed, sighing in relief as he shook feeling back into his numb hands.

The climb had consumed a significant amount of Lin Tian's spiritual energy.

In the distance, the crowd on the winding mountain road looked like ants from his vantage point.

At this moment, Lin Tian was within the vicinity of the distress landing point Uncle Wang had marked for him.

Puff~!

Long Yi gracefully floated in the air, encircling Lin Tian.

In this location, Long Yi didn't need to conceal itself. It roamed freely between heaven and earth.

"What's that?"

As Lin Tian prepared to take a break before proceeding with Long Yi, he noticed a dark cloud in the distance, floating in the sky!

Directly beneath the black clouds, a trace of ominous black aura could be discerned.

Seeing this, Lin Tian couldn't help but freeze in place.

0