Chapter 1
68 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Where am I?’

Mikael opens his eyes slowly, his vision slowly regaining sight and he realized he was starting a bright blue sky with two suns shining above him.

‘I’m not dead?’

He was sure that he had died, for the man he considered his brother had killed him in order to save his family.

Mikael slowly pushes his body up, to realize that he was currently on a beach.

Next to him was a pile of broken-down wooden planks and metal pipes covering the entire land.

He recognized this scene.

This scene was something he could dare not forget.

This was the day he arrived on the continent.

But this was impossible, for the incident was ten years ago.

The only way this could be possibly was,

‘I returned to my past self?’

Mikael slowly stood up, his attire was consisting of a brown shirt and leather pants, with the shirt being torn into pieces due to the crash.

‘No tattoos?’

During his first few months in the continent, he was taken as a slave to a nearby tribe and was branded with a tattoo for them to recognize that he was their slave.

He then fondled his face, feeling to see if his beard that he had grown was on his face.

But it was not.

‘So, I truly have returned to the past… I can right my wrongs…’

He has made many mistakes during his time on the continent, causing many people he had loved to die just because they were associated with him.

Mikael walked around the beach, looking at the wreckage before him.

‘I was a prince of a mighty empire before I came here, now I’m just a kid with no influence at all…’

He had decided to take on a mission given to him by his father, believing it to be an easy trade deal with a nearby empire he set off to the sea to greet them.

Little did he know that pirates were waiting for him near the borders.

Mikael did not know what was going on, after all he felt that due to his status there was no need to worry for such small things.

But things were strange, for he did not see a soul on the ship one day.

He went up to the deck, to see the crew that his father hired run off with the escape boats leaving Mikael alone.

The pirates slowly approached the ship, aiming at Mikael with all their cannons.

Then, Mikael wakes up on the beach with no memory of what had transpired.

‘Let’s not remember such trivial things, what should I do right now?’

He memorized his surroundings in his ten years of living here and understood that the clans in the forest near the beach was dangerous.

However, Mikael needed something.

‘That clan must have the sword…’

Mikael knew he had to go there, despite the risks.

He began his journey, walking across the long and desolate beach. After a few hours of walking straight, he found a huge forest in front of him.

Trees that reached to the sky, its enormous size was famous in this continent. Due to its size, it was always night in the forest, making the forest have the name ‘The Nightlands’.

‘Who knew I would return to this forsaken place…’

As Mikael walked towards the forest, he was greeted by something that was unexpected.

A three-headed snake covered in green scales and a tail that was sharper than a knife.

‘A baby hydra!’

He was in a bad state, with no weapon and Armor on hm, he knew that he was no match for the baby hydra.

SKREEEEEEEEEE

The baby hydra let out a loud screech, before pouncing towards Mikael.

‘I guess I’m dead huh…’

As the hydra pounces at Mikael, his instincts kicked in.

He rolled to the left, the baby hydra did not expect this and crashed onto the tree that was previously behind Mikael.

‘Weapons…’

Mikael needed to find something to defend himself fast, before the baby hydra gets enough strength to pounce at him once again.

To his far left, was a large tree branch laying on the beach.

‘That can do…’

He quickly ran to the tree branch, holding it as if he was holding a sword and awaited the baby hydra’s next pounce.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE

The baby hydra finally regained his strength and charged towards Mikael with all its might.

As he jumped towards him, Mikael breathed in deeply and closed his eyes.

He thought of what he had learnt during his time on the continent and remembered what his master taught him back in his palace years before he had arrived.

‘To fight, you must be aware of your surroundings!

He suddenly opened his eyes and stepped to the left, he raised the branch and with all of his strength wacked the hydra.

As the branch broke in half due to the impact, the baby hydra also fell to the ground. Its entire body twisting in agony as it screamed.

Slowly, Mikael picked up the broken half of the branch, and stabbed the sharp stick inside the hydra’s brain.

Then there was silence.

[DING! You have successfully killed ‘Baby Green-scaled Hydra’, you have leveled up!]

‘What… what the hell?’

1