Chapter: 12
510 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey there readers. This is the last chapter of the novel before the epilogue. Then its on to volume 2. Speaking of the volumes I want to make each of them at least ten to twelve chapters long, with the epilogue and prologue not counting. Though that probably won't always be the case. What is the case is that I plan for this story to go on for a while. So stay tuned in. Because even if I don't update it in a while that means I'm probably working on it. So without further ado, here is the final chapter of Volume 1.

(3rd Person: POV)

As Cain started a battle with Gelt his remaining men turned their attention to Sini and Azure.

All of them giving the twins gazes filled with unrestrained lust as they did so.

But in return they got ice cold glares from the twins. 

Glares that forced all the guards of the Hubert family to take several steps back.

Yet that didn't really help. Sini and Azure continued glaring at the guards. Since the looks they were getting from them were the same ones the slavers gave them before Cain came to their rescue.

'Cain.' Sini and Azure thought at the same time.

The man who had rescued them, the man they chosen as their lover, and the man they had chosen to follow. These people standing in front of them had hurt him. Abused him.

Just thinking of that made the twins blood boil with anger.

So much so they didn't even realize they were starting to transform into their werewolf forms.

Seeing this the guards got shocked expressions on their faces. Which quickly turned into ones filled with disgust.

"Huh, too think that mongrel would find bitches like these since the time he left us." A guard spoke.

"He probably had to wag his tail for them to follow him." Another guard said.

"Hey, I wonder if he's tasted them yet?" Another guard spoke.

"If not what do you say we use these girls to show that mon-"

The guard who was speaking instantly shut his mouth, as his entire left arm was severed from his body.

His arm spun in the air and sprayed him and his allies with blood. Before landing on the ground directly in front of him. As blood started to pull the guard fell to his knees in it and clutched his wound, releasing a horrid scream after he did so.

"Aghhhh!!!!"

The guard shouted at the top of his lungs. Beginning to convulse and roll around on the ground as he did so.

Yet Sini and Azure cared not for this.

"Hey, shut up and die already." Azure sharply said.

"No sister, if we want him dead we need to make it happen. Like this." Sini spoke. She then raised her left hand in the guards direction and chanted. "[Fireball]".

The second after this took place a magic circle appeared over Sini's left hand and a fireball flew from it and struck the guard rolling around on the ground in the pool of his severed arms blood. 

The guards screamed turned into cries as he burned to death.

Which only took a few seconds.

As the guards charred remains cooled down his colleagues suddenly felt overwhelming fear. Their hands began to shake, sweat started rolling off their bodies in droves, etc.

Meanwhile Sini and Azure were calm.

Almost too calm given the situation.

It was an eeriness the guard didn't' fail to notice.

"Hey, what are we so scared off!?" One guard suddenly shouted. "They're just a couple of little girls. There's more of us than them. Not to mention we have silver weapons. We can take them." He spoke.

"Y-yeah!"

"We can do this!"

Let's go!"

One by one the guards started gaining their confidence back. Yet Sini and Azure still looked at them coldly despite this.

"Sis, let's not waste any more time." Azure spoke.

"I agree. Let's do away with these pigs." Sini spoke.

Right after she did so the sisters underwent a change and transformed into their werewolf-human hybrid forms. Which had the twins sporting dark-brown fur all over their bodies.

"Howwll!!!"

Releasing a howl at the same time the sisters rushed at the remaining guards.

Closing the distance in an instance Sini grabbed one guard and snapped his neck. Meanwhile Azure ripped out the throat of another.

Dropping the corpses of their enemies like they were trash, and they were nothing but trash in the sisters eyes, they continued killing the guards.

Ignoring their cries for mercy as they did so.

"No, please! Stop!"

"Did you show such compassion to Cain you fuckers?!" Azure snarled.

"Repent for your sins in the after life!" Sini exclaimed.

Thus the sisters delivered justice for Cain.

Who in that moment smiled from the bottom of his heart.

Once the all the enemies had been dealt with the sisters shifted back into the full human forms and started heading to where Cain was.

The man neither twin realized they were starting to love.

***

To call Gelt Ar a righteous knight would be a bold-faced lie.

He is nothing but scum.

Born in the Vanaheim Republic, from a young age Gelt lorded over people. Using fear and intimidation to get what he wanted.

As he grew with age so did his appetites.

Which started to include, women, boos, and money.

To get all of these things and to get some excitement in his life Gelt entered the Republic military. Upon doing so he rose through the ranks until he eventually made captain.

But shortly after this occurred Gelt and a squad of loyal men began raiding small villages within Republic territory and blaming it on a non-existent bandit group. They raped, killed, ate, and drink, all with smiles on their faces.

Until one day one of Gelts' men allowed someone to escape one of the villages they raided.

This survivor managed to inform the Republic government of what Gelt and his men were doing.

The moment the government became aware of this they moved to take down Gelt and his men.

But Gelt got wind of their plan.

So he enacted one of his own.

He killed his men and fled. Since to Gelt their loyalty met nothing. It was a means to an end.

After fleeing the Republic Gelt wandered about, until he learned the Republic had issued news that he was a wanted criminal. The moment that happened he had no choice but to go underground.

It was several years after this Gelt met Gustave von Hubert.

Impressed by Gelts' skills he offered him protection if he came to work for him.

Seeing now downside to this offer Gelt accepted, thus began his and the dukes partnership.

A partnership that will now be his undoing.

***

Breathing heavily Gelt had blood leaking out of his mouth, and his body was riddled with wounds, small cuts and bruises.

Meanwhile his opponent, Cain didn't have a scratch on them.

It had been that way ever since their battle began.

Though calling it a battle would be a lie. In truth it was a predator playing with its prey. A mighty wolf torturing a deer if you will.

"Is that all?" Cain suddenly spoke. Looking at Gelt with disinterest. "I thought the mighty Gelt would have more in him. Looks like I was wrong. How disappointing."

A vein bulged on Gelt's head at Cain's words. "Don't fuck with me you diry mongrel!" He shouted.

Gelt then swung his sword in the direction of Cain, but as he did so a blue energy slash was released from the blade.

Was this magic?

No.

The technique Gelt is using is known as an Art.

Arts.

A series of techniques that rely not on mana, but on a person’s own internal energy which is known as Ki. By harnessing their Ki people can perform Arts, which are just as deadly as magic. A person who can use Arts can be put on equal footing with someone who uses magic.

Though like with magic there are rules.

To use Arts one must have a strong physical body, capable of withstanding the techniques they are employing.

If not, a person has no chance to use Arts.

Of which there are many. There are Arts for the physical body, as well as many arts pertaining to various weapons. Sword arts, spear arts, axe arts, etc.

Even those who use magic can learn Arts.

The Arts Gelt used is known as [Aura Slash] where a person gathers their Ki into their blade and then releases it as an energy slash against their opponent.

Seeing the [Aura Slash] heading towards him Cain didn't even flinch.

Instead he used his werewolf speed and avoided it.

He then directed his threads toward Gelt.

Who wasn't able to dodge them like Cain just dodged his attack.

Before Gelt knew it various threads had wrapped around his body and were restraining his movements. As they dug deeper and deeper into his skin, blood started to leak from his body and he dropped his sword. Yet Gelt still refused to give up.

A strained expression on his face he tried to break free from Cain's threads.

But it was useless.

"Well this was fun. Now die." Cain coldly spoke.

He then lightly tugged on the threads wrapped around Gelts' body.

The moment after he did so blood sprayed through the air as Gelts' body was sliced into pieces.

As chunks of his opponent fell to the ground Cain commanded his threads to flick off any blood before turning to his person. He didn't want any of that filth touching him in any way.

Once his threads had done what he commanded they returned to Cain.

Just as they did Sini and Azure arrived at his location.

Turning to face them Cain put a smile on his face, happy that neither of them was injured in any way.

The twins mirrored Cains' smile as they saw he was uninjured as well.

"Let's get out of here." Cain said.

Sini and Azure nodded at his words.

The trio then continued on their journey.

But not before disposing of the bodies and stealing everything of value.

The people who attacked them wouldn't be using it anymore after all.

22