Epilogue
515 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here it is readers. The epilogue of Volume 1.

(3rd Person: POV)

Sitting in a darkened room Gustave sat in front of his desk, staring at a crystal ball atop it.

Said crystal ball was in fact a magic item.

Magic items.

Tools powered by mana stones or pure mana channeled directly into them.

The crystal ball Gustave is looking at lies in the latter category of magic items.

Raising his hands to the crystal ball Gustave injected his mana directly into it. He then waited.

A few minutes passed and then a distorted image appeared within the crystal ball.

"Why are you contacting me?" A distorted voice asked.

"I require assistance." Gustave replied.

"With that?" The distorted image asked.

Gustave slammed both his fists on the table at the question, and looked at the distorted image in the crystal ball with bloodshot eyes. "To find the fucking mongrel that murdered my family! What the fuck else!" He shouted.

It had been over a month since Gelt contacted him after he sent the mercenary to go hunt down Cain.

Thinking Gelt might've tried to screw him Gustave tapped into his contacts to search for the man, only to discover there were no traces of him anywhere.

Wracking his brain Gustave came to the conclusion Gelt was dead.

He didn't know why, he didn't know how, and he certainly didn't care. All he did care about was the fact the person he sent to hunt down his families murderer could no longer complete the job.

Faced with no other options Gustave made the decision to contact a "benefactor" of his. One who had helped him out over the years, ever since he took over the title of duke from his now deceased father. In return for various favors from Gustave himself of course.

The distorted image simply allowed Gustave to have his outburst. Then once he was done the image spoke again.

"Who the hell do you think you're yelling at?" The image asked.

"A person I could cause quite a bit of trouble for, given what I know." Gustave retorted. A sneer on his face as he did so. "So, here is what's going to happen. Help me track down the mongrel that murdered my family and your secrets stay secret. Don't, and who knows who I might tell about you and your activities."

After Gustave finished speaking the distorted image didn't move, nor did they speak.

Instead a magic circle appeared atop the crystal ball.

Seeing this Gustave was shocked.

But before he could react a strange purple mist was sprayed from the magic circle directly into his face.

Seconds after inhaling the purple mist Gustave grabbed his throat. He then started thrashing in the chair he was in. Eventually the duke fell to the floor, his body continuing to thrash about after he did.

All the while the distorted figure looked looked at Gustave.

"Gustave, you fucking fool. You could've had it all if you simply kept being good. Now look at you, pathetic. Truly." The image harshly spat. Their voice filled with disgust and contempt for the convulsing duke.

A few more seconds passed as Gustave continued thrashing about. Then after one thrash where his entire body convulsed it was completely limb. The light having faded from Gustaves' eyes.

Signaling he was head.

Seeing that was the case the distorted image within the crystal ball faded.

Then a second later the crystal ball itself shattered.

Leaving no traces of itself, and leaving Gustave dead and alone.

An event that was not supposed to happen until much later.

Now with Gustave and his family dead ripples effects will wash over the world of Midgard.

Affecting it and Cain in ways he can't even imagine.

18