76-{Corrupted} Orc army cut in half
752 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 76

Kali's pov

Feeling the wind in my hair while using the tree tops and sometimes [Aerial Platform], to run was very fun, and after only 2 hours, I arrived at my locations and got rewarded for it too. 

[Running] reached Level 9!
[Accelerated Reaction] reached Level 3!
[Accelerated Reaction] reached Level 4!
[Agility] increased by 3!

[Running], I was expecting, and the Agility increase was also expected, but the [Accelerated Reaction] was a surprise, but I understood why I got it, since I had to react fast on the tree tops to keep my momentum. Which angle should I put my feet? When is a platform needed? And when I was going faster and faster, the time I had to react decreased too. Lightness of [Serpentile Body] is the reason why I can even move using the tree tops. It makes me so light that my weight does not affect the tree tops.

'At least, I found a way to train [Accelerated Reaction] now.' I thought while noting it in my training plans. 

Looking at the Frontier, I can see even more dead {Corrupted} Orcs lying around the Frontier wall, and even now, {Corrupted} Orcs are attacking the Frontier in huge groups of hundreds.

'They don't need my help.' I thought while looking at the situation. They are being attacked by only Tier-1 {Corrupted} Orcs, and it looks like they are having it easy.

Since they don't need my help, I decided to instead follow the tracks of the {Corrupted} Orcs, and train my [Tracking]. It is a Skill that is very useful, but I don't get many opportunities to train it.

The {Corrupted} Orcs are not careful at all, so I can run while following the tracks they left. Occasionally, more {Corrupted} Orcs are walking the same tracks, and when I saw that, I stopped and focused some more. 

From my experience with training Skills, [Tracking] will be leveling faster if I do something new or hard, and following an obvious trail like this is too easy to significantly train it. But, what if I want a specific trail, that was unintentionally covered up by more tracks from other {Corrupted} Orcs that take the same route.

I focus and look at the huge amount of tracks that are on the forest floor. Deep footprints are the most common, but there are also rare imprints from big weapons, but what I am focusing on is age. Which tracks are the oldest, and after 2 minutes, I found them. [Perception] and [Eagle's Eyes] really showing their worth.

Finding the oldest track is hard since it is covered up by new tracks, and following it is even harder. Several times, I had to go back since the old tracks would be completely covered up, and I had to find a newer track.

Going back and forth until I found the track that was leaving a trail from the Frontier to the Orc camp, and when I did, I finally read the notifications that I gained from doing this work for hours.

[Tracking] reached Level 8!
[Tracking] reached Level 9!
[Eagle Eyes] reached Level 6!
[Eagle Eyes] reached Level 7!
[Perception] reached Level 6!
[Perception] reached Level 7!

With a smile, I look over the Orc camp. The amount of Tier-1 {Corrupted} Orcs has increased to a massive amount. The camp can hold thousands of them and now even outside the camp, there are thousands of {Corrupted} Orcs, and they are not even in tents, instead, they sleep on the hard ground outside the walls of the Orc camp.

Thousands of {Corrupted} Orcs are sleeping, and they are slightly sweaty which is interesting since they are very fit, and the {Miasma} pushes that even further, so for them to be sweating means they have been working hard or for a long time.

'Oh, new tracks.' I noticed when looking to the right of the camp, and even from hundreds of meters away, I noticed that it was a massive amount of tracks. 

I got closer to the tracks, and from the amount of tracks, it is not hard to understand that it came from the {Corrupted} Orc army outside the wall. They are also fresh, which means the army just arrived at this Orc camp, and are most likely tired from walking a long distance.

Looking back at the {Corrupted} Orc army and did a rough estimate of their numbers. 5 thousand is my lowest estimate, and that is just the ones outside the Orc camp.

'Why would they send so many {Corrupted} Orc to this area?' I pondered, but it did not take long for me to get an idea.

Two things could interest them. The first being the Frontier, which was previously attacked by hundreds of {Corrupted} Orc. The second being me, or more precisely, the death of the Corrupter caused by me.

Honestly, my thoughts are going more towards the second thing. A Tier-3 and several Tier-2 {Corrupted} were inside the Brola Bear cave, and they also send a Corrupter towards it, obviously to corrupt the Brola Bear. These actions tell me, it is very important for them to corrupt the Brola Bear, and it would make sense to send an army into the surroundings of the Brola Bear.

The army can scout, defend, and help find the one responsible, which is me.

Looking at the army again, I focus on my Sight of the Primal and push it using my Will, to focus on them and the beings inside the Orc camp.

My eyes actual felt strained after I was done, and got the info that I wanted. Rubbing my eyes, I went over the info I gained from the Primal Energies I saw. 

There are only a couple of Tier-2 {Corrupted} Orcs inside the camp, and the amount of Tier-1 {Corrupted} Orcs inside the camp is about 30% of those outside, which means that it is at least 1500. But the most important part is, there is no Tier-3 inside the camp, which is what I was hoping for.

Since my Stamina is a little low from running at full speed for hours, I decided to move to a safe area to rest.

I arrived at a hollow tree, and Veiled while I sat down. For my plan, I need to be on my best, so I used [Trance] to regain my Stamina as fast as possible.


In 10 minutes, all my Stamina has been regenerated, and I stood up and unveiled.

Looking at the {Corrupted} Orc army, and the surroundings, I am happy that they still have no guards around the sleeping {Corrupted} Orcs.

It was something I noticed before, which is why I thought of my plan to just kill them in their sleep. Normally, that would alarm the enemy since they are all mentally connected in some way to the {Miasma}, and if one of dies, they all would know. But, that is something that I can get around with [Mind Arts], and I know that it works since I did it before.

I stealthily moved towards the closest sleeping {Corrupted} Orc, without Veiling or using Mystery since that would just use Mana or Stamina, and since they have no guards, that is not needed.

I briefly touch its mind and shielded it from the {Miasma}, and then I cut its head off with my sharp knife, using [Will Reinforcement]. I also want to take the time to train [Will Reinforcement], so I tried to control how much it adds to my attack. 

Its head was released from its body, and I also made a cut inside the rocky floor that it was sleeping on, telling me that I still used too much Will and looking at the cooldown of the Skill, it was 20 seconds instead of the 25 seconds that it was normally. The duration of it is still 15 seconds, which is what I was hoping for.

I failed my first attempt to lower it enough, but I succeeded in controlling the Skill a little, and fortunately, I have several targets around me to practice.

Since there were no guards around to stop me, I moved from {Corrupted} Orc to {Corrupted} Orc, shielding their mind from the {Miasma} and cutting off their heads. At the start, my cuts would be too powerful and wasteful. But I learned quick, getting faster and more precise with my control over [Will Reinforcement], and after killing only dozens, the cuts became much cleaner. After hundreds, my cuts were perfect with no wasted movement, like a robot programmed to cut off someone's head.

My control over [Will Reinforcement] and precision with my cuts was not the only thing that became better over time. My speed at entering the mind and shielding them from the {Miasma}, while being unnoticed became faster and faster. At the start, it took 3 seconds to enter and shield, and then I could decapitate them. But after hundreds of decapitations, I could enter and shield their minds within 0.2 seconds. 

In one fluid motion, enter the mind, shield, and cut. 

Before I knew it, it was dark.

After killing hundreds, it became a routine and weirdly calming. There was no concept of time, just the technique of entering the mind, shielding it, and cutting as precise as possible with the least amount of waste. Any flaw that I could see would be eliminated when the next dies, and the noticeable increase in my proficiency with my knife made me incredibly happy.

Looking back, I saw thousands of death {Corrupted} Orcs, and looking at the ones that are alive, I did some fast estimations, and found that at least half of the army of {Corrupted} Orcs have been killed by me.

'How the fuck have they not noticed this yet?'

I did not feel the need to kill more of them and since it is night, Annika should already be done with her Evolution, if it is the same as Nina and me, both took a day.

'Fuck, I missed it.' I thought with regret, since I wanted to be there when she was done.

While not even trying to hide, I ran full speed towards home, while also opening the notifications that I gained from the slaughter.

You killed a Corrupted Orc (Level 15-45) 3104x. You gained exp!
You reached Level 56! Gained 10 AP, 10 Willpower!
You reached Level 57! Gained 10 AP, 10 Willpower!
You reached Level 58! Gained 10 AP, 10 Willpower!
[Hunter] is max level! Exp send to Second Class.
[Prostitute] Leveled up to Level 39!
..........
[Prostitute] Leveled up to Level 50!
[Prostitute] is Non-Combat.
Exp gained capped at 5%. The rest is sent to Race.
You reached Level 59! Gained 10 AP, 10 Willpower!

You gained the Class Skill [Lover's Kiss]
You gained the Class Skill [Sweet Spot]
You gained the Skill [Clean Cut]
[Will Reinforcement] reached Level 7!
[Will Reinforcement] reached Level 8!
[Will Reinforcement] reached Level 9!
[Chaos Knife-Play] reached Level 3!
[Chaos Knife-Play] reached Level 4!
[Advanced Stealth] reached Level 3!
[Mind Arts] reached Level 27!
[Mind Arts] reached Level 28!
[Mind Arts] reached Level 29!

'Already level 50?!' I shockingly thought, but after thinking about it a little, I am less surprised. 3104 kills are a lot, and they were not weak criter like beings like the Ants. These were {Corrupted} Orcs, and they also gave me full exp now because of [Lyr Protocol]. But what does surprise me, is my race level, only 4 levels after killing so many {Corrupted} Orcs.

Since [Prostitute] has reached level 50, I can soon start seeing the options, but I want to get home first.

'Killing all those {Corrupted} Orcs, has drained me from my energy.' I thought with a yawn.

27