79-Will It!
865 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 77

Kali's pov

A small bird flew over the forest, the wind pushed it to a faster speed, but then a black shadow hit it in its side.

[Archery] reached Level 10!
You can upgrade it.

'Finally.' I thought with glee. After killing 7 birds like this, it finally reached level 10. I Flickered towards the bird that I shot, and put it in my [Space Pocket], with the other 6 birds.

Even though they have no material value, their meat can still be eaten, and it would be a waste to just let it rot.

With some more Flickers, I was by the entrance to our home, and I leaned against the cliff wall. Since I am close to our home, I decided to use [Flicker] for my movement, to train that too.

'Let's look at the options.' I thought, and opened the upgrade menu for [Archery].

Your [Archery] Skill has reached level 10

[Archery] is your mastery over the bow and arrow.

It can be upgraded to:

(Uncommon) Archery II level 1 (Passive)

Further Archery mastery to a higher level.
Decrease Bow Artifact requirements by 10%.

(Uncommon) Marksmanship level 1 (Passive)

Focus on precise accuracy.

My brow raises with surprise and humor. [Archery II] is too well suited for my problem with my new bow, and the thought of it made me chuckle to myself, it is so convenient.

The fact that there are only two options, is new, but I learned from Nina, that it is not normal to get always 3 options like I did. Even she and Annika gained a lot of 3 options for their Skill Upgrades, but I am the only one to get 3 options all the time, but that is now broken. 2 options, and the most obvious choice is [Archery II]. 

[Marksmanship] is also good, but [Archery II] is too well suited for me at this time, so I chose it.

With a smile, I Flickered back towards the tree tops and started shooting the birds again. It is a very good way to practice my archery, [Eagle Eyes], [Perception], and it even increases my Dexterity.

Shooting the birds after gaining [Archery II], felt the same as before. Not strange, since it is a mastery, or proficiency Skill, and I felt the same with [Short Blades]. Skills like these do not give you the ability to use the weapon, just by having the Skill. It only records your mastery with it, and gives general knowledge about it. 

[Short Blades] gave me knowledge of different knifes, and their uses, but that is all. I still needed to learn to fight with my knifes in actual combat, and [Archery] was the same. It gave me knowledge about bows and arrows, but no cheat like ability to use a bow and arrow like someone that trained for years. 

When [Short Blades] and [Dancing] merged and created [Chaos Knife-Play], it gave me no knowledge, since I created it, and the levels are just an indicator for how much I improved the Skill since I created it.

[Archery II] is not like that at all, its level is based on my Skill with the bow, and experience with it, which is why I am surprised by a notification I gained after I killed my 12th bird since I started, 5 after I upgraded [Archery] to [Archery II].

[Archery II] reached Level 2!
You gained the Skill [Hidden Arrow]

'A Skill.' I thought in surprise, and while the level up in [Archery II] surprised me too, the Skill gain was a bigger surprise.

(Rare) Hidden Arrow Level 1 (Active)

An arrow not seen, heard, or sensed, is a threat to even the most powerful.

Using your Will, you can hide your arrows from others.
Duration: 1 second.
Cooldown: 30 Seconds.

'Will-based...' I thought feeling happy and even more surprised since it Will-based, one of the rarest kind of Skills. Its effects, I already know. When I shot that last bird, I felt something weird and the bird had no reaction at all to my arrow, something that they previously did, and those that reacted late are dead, but this one did not react at all, most likely the effect of [Hidden Arrow].

Willpower was always one of my most powerful Attributes, and Will is based on that, but I never knew what it actually was. But, after I turned into an Asera, I asked Nina if she knew something about Will, and Willpower.

She did not have any info about it, but what she could tell me, is that Willpower is the hardest Attribute to train and also the most mysterious. When she looked up a book about Attributes, it mentioned Willpower as a powerful but extremely rare Attribute to train, since most don't know its effects or have Skills that can use the Attribute.

The author of the book mentioned that Will-based Skills are rare and cannot be categorized like other Skills, since they are based only on Willpower, and most of them need high Willpower to use or defend against them.

All these things made me happy about my race, since it increases Willpower by 10 at every level, which is a massive boost to any Will-based Skills like [Will Reinforcement], [Mind Arts], and now, [Hidden Arrow].

I Flickered towards the cave entrance again and decided to use my last LP on something. 

Something that I cannot get on Sydocia, if even [Korin's Tower] does not have any answers for Willpower and Will, I don't expect it to be available on Sydocia. But the Bounty Store might have it, since it is connected to all the System Worlds, and not just Sydocia.

Will It!, a book about the basics about Willpower, and the uses of Will for 120 LP. I have much more LP from killing more than 3 thousand {Corrupted}, but this book was the highest recommended by the System, and it is smarter to first learn the basics.

Since I am waiting for Annika to be done Evolving, I have enough time to read it. The book is not thick, and I quickly read through the book, only stopping at parts that I recognize from my own experiences with Will.

After reading the whole book, I immediately wanted to try something that was mentioned in it. [Will Reinforcement] is much more expansive than I thought, and the book mentioned that it is not restricted to weapons or armor. Even Attributes can be reinforced, but it needs Willpower to be higher than the Attribute that I want to reinforce.

Good thing that my Willpower is my highest Attribute. I can use it on all of them, but it mentioned to be careful with Intelligence, since it can cause bad migraines, so I will do that one as last.

The easiest to do, and notice the effect of, is Strength, so I started with that. 

Focusing on my muscles, I Will them to be stronger, slowly at first, to not damage them and to see the effect of it better.

My muscles twitch, and they started heating up. This is normal, since I am forcing my body to be stronger than it is, causing it to heat up, almost like a computer, or engine.

My muscles did not become bigger, but instead, they became more compact and stronger. The longer I kept using my Will on them, the stronger they became.

Looking over at my status, my strength was increasing, and it did not take long for it to reach 100. The moment it did, my muscles became much stronger than before and the effect that my Will had on it, lowered by a massive amount.

My Will started feeling weak, and I stopped it.

[Will Reinforcement] reached Level 10!
You can upgrade it!

The notification was expected, since I just did something new with the Skill, but it is not time to upgrade it yet, since I want to use it on the rest of my Attributes too, and see how that works.

"This is fun." I laugh, feeling giddy with my success and the feeling of power in my body is an amazing feeling, reinforcing my idea to increase my Strength.

The moment I stopped using [Will Reinforcement] on my muscles, the feeling of power left me, but I knew that I could always do it again. At least, when the cooldown is gone.

Using [Will Reinforcement] on my body made the cooldown longer, so I had to wait for a full minute before I could try it again.

 

Agility, Dexterity, Endurance, Vitality, and Intelligence were all reinforced by me using my Will, and it took me more than an hour to complete them all, but I learned a lot from it.

Agility and Dexterity both reached the same number as my Willpower, and higher was not possible. My speed went up another notch, and my movement became much more fluid, but the increase was not as much as Strength.

Endurance and Vitality made me feel healthier and energetic, so much so, that I started pacing while feeling the changes that it brought me. Health and Stamina increased by a massive amount, at least double the normal amount, but that was just numbers, the feeling it brought me is much better, and the extra energy feels good.

The physical Attributes were easy compared to the mental one, which is only Intelligence, since Wisdom cannot be reinforced by Will. 

Intelligence blew my mind, and not in a good way. It increased the information that I could pick up from my senses at the same time, and it confused me greatly at the start. The feeling of Mana in my body, and having so much of it, was a powerful feeling that felt addictive. But that was not the biggest feeling I felt, that was Space Senses.

Previously, it was limited to 5 meters from me, but with the increase of Intelligence, it increased too. From 5 meters, to 10, and at the end it was 20 meters. 20 meters all around me was completely exposed to my senses, and the feeling of that was many times more powerful than anything else I have felt from using [Will Reinforcement] on my Attributes.

The feeling of security and power from sensing everything in range, and knowing that almost nothing could stop it from seeing every single part, is an incredible feeling and the only other thing that equals it, is the feeling of speed.

"KALI! Annika is almost done!" Nina interrupted my thoughts, and when I heard her words, I felt anticipation. 

"I look forward to Nina's reaction." I chuckled.

So, what do you think about Will, and the effects that higher Attributes have on Kali.

25