83-No ulterior motives at all.
739 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 83

Kali's pov

[Trance] reached Level 8!

With a groan I woke up from my [Trance] and cradled my arm.

"Fuck." I swear when I felt my arm. "At least I know that [Trance] cannot fix broken bones."

My health is also capped at 80% and does not go higher than that, but I cannot feel much from my broken arm, which concerns me more than my health. 

Looking into my [Space Pocket], I did not see any bowls with healing drops from Nina, and I wanted to slap myself for forgetting something like that.

Looking up between the leaves, I can see the moon shining on Sydocia. 

This beautiful sight made me take a deep breath and release it. With the air leaving my lungs, I felt better, even if only slightly.

Obviously, the {Corrupted} planned for me since I don't believe that it is a coincidence that I got hit by that rebound. They expected me and also knew that I would not get close to the cave if the Tier-3 was there.

It could be a coincidence, but I am not going to count on that. They knew what I was planning and devised a method to injure or kill me. 

'They are smarter than I thought.' I thought while I stood up. With this broken arm, I am weaker than normal so the best thing to do now, is return home.

I took my time getting home since I want to organize my thoughts and ideas, specifically my choice for [Will Reinforcement]'s upgrade, and how to deal with the Brola Bear situation.

First things I checked were the notifications from the Ogre I killed, since I did not have time to do so before.

You killed an Ogre (Level 84). You gained exp!
You reached Level 60! Gained 10 AP, 10 Willpower!

[Clean Cut] reached Level 2!
[Clean Cut] reached Level 3!
[Accelerated Reaction] reached Level 5!

No matter how many times I see it, raising my Skills and level is a nice feeling, Upgrading them is also nice, and made me remember the situation of [Will Reinforcement].

[Will Reinforcement] has been upgradeable for a while but when I wanted to do so in the past, I was surprised. The choices of [Will Reinforcement] is much stranger than any other update I had with a Skill. There are no options, instead there is a question.

Your [Will Reinforcement] Skill has reached level 10!

What is your Will for it?

Focus on your Will and change it to suit your needs.

This is my first Will-based Skill upgrade so I don't know if this is normal, but I think that I know what to do, but it will take time and I don't really know which direction to go with it.

I could go deeper into using Will to increase my Attributes or focus on strengthening my weapons or armor. There are other ideas I have for it but I need to see if it is possible.

'When I get home, I will work on this.' I thought.

While I was thinking, I already reached the cliffside, and am close to home.

'What is that?' I frowned, there was something brown and green lying on the forest ground, against a tree. It is very well concealed, but not enough to escape my Sight of the Primal, which is always on now.

Getting close, I noticed that it was a cloak colored brown and green to hide better in the forest. My experience with [Leatherworking] also told me that is good quality.

While using Mystery, I turned the thing around and saw a beautiful pale face contorted in pain. There was also a gray energy on her stomach which gives off the feeling of Death.

A lot of thoughts went through my mind, including that her armor was also good quality and the Death energy was seeping straight through it and most likely is damaging her from looking at the pain on her face.

Since I just got hit and am wounded, I did not trust something like this. I have not seen any humans close to our base before, except for the noble brat, and now there is a pretty girl wounded close to it. 

'Suspicious as hell.' I thought but even knowing that, I could not let someone be in pain or let them die, in good conscience. 'That she is beautiful has nothing to do with it, nothing at all.'

Crouching down at her, I take out a knife and cut her a little to get some blood on my knife. The pretty girl gave a soft moan when I did because I used the rarely-used passive effect of [Chaos Knife-Play] to give her pleasure instead of pain when I cut her.

With a lick of the blood, I learned a lot of her. Her name is Yennifer, a Level 48 Rogue and Human with a good amount of Skills, and nothing that would make me distrust her.

'High [Sexual Arts] is kind of weird, especially since she just turned 18 a couple of months ago.' I thought seeing that it is level 9, which is even higher than mine and I have been training that a lot with Nina, Annika and Draka.

Since she looks trustworthy, I picked her up using my good arm and put her on my shoulder. We are close to home, so I decided to just bring her there and Nina can help her deal with that Death Mana or whatever that is.

Still distracted by something from Yennifer's info, I forgot that the Death energy was on her stomach and when I put her on my shoulder, it touched me too.

My instinct told me about it, but it did not warn me of danger, like I expected. It as at an awkward angle, so I could not use my eyes to see, but Space Senses saved me again and showed me what is happening when the Death energy touched me.

'It looks afraid.' I pondered seeing the Death energy distance itself from my body, and it is even weakening slightly.

Since it is not doing anything to me, I decided to keep moving towards home while still keeping an eye out for it since it could still be dangerous.

Entering the cave, I saw Draka lying on the bed and I could hear Annika inside the smithing room, hard at work. I could not see Nina, but I heard the water movement by the bath and knew it was her since she likes to play with water.

'I still need to learn how to use my hearing better since I keep forgetting how useful it is.'

I have a Skill that increases my hearing and gives me a perfect visual picture of what I am hearing, but I only use it for times like this and that is a waste for such a good ability.

Laying down Yennifer on the bed, away from Draka to be sure that the Death energy does not harm her, I walked towards the bath.

"Nina, I have an injured girl on the bed, could you check her for me?" I asked her, and Nina stopped her practice with her water control and walked towards the bed.

"Wait, are you injured?" She said and looked me over. She noticed my arm and created some drops of healing for me.

Feeling the soothing drops move towards my arm and seep into my skin was a nice feeling but when it fixed my broken arm, I let out a moan from the sweet pleasure of feeling my bone heal.

Nina rolled her eyes with a smile and teasingly said,"Painslut."

I followed her towards the bed and kissed her neck. "I love you too, pet." I seductively whisper and I saw her shiver.

"Another girl? Do you summon them or something?" Nina said with a smile, and rolled her eyes when she saw Yennifer. "Of course, she is gorgeous too."

"Even the universe throws pretty woman at me, it is a curse but also a blessing." I joke back, and turn more serious with my next words. "She has some kind of Death energy on her stomach that is harming her, be careful about that."

We are both standing on the side of the bed with Yennifer in front of us, lying down on the bed and still in pain. The gray energy is still seeping inside her but it is weaker than before, and I knew that it was because it touched me.

"Death Mana..." Nina muttered when she activated her [Eyes of Mana], and she confirmed my words that it was harming her but she did not know how, but I did.

"It is devouring her life-force." I told her, seeing the life-force of Yennifer weaken gradually by the Death Mana.

"I can heal her, but..."she took a breath." I cannot do anything about the Death Mana." Nina said in sad tone.

Hearing that made me understand what to do. I sat next to Yennifer and moved my hands to her armored stomach and before Nina could stop me or feel concerned, I explained. "While I was carrying her, I noticed that the Death Mana is afraid of me and is getting weaker in proximity to me."

Nina activated her Eyes of Mana again to see why it is afraid. "There is nothing coming from you that I can see, which would explain it being afraid of you, and I would not call it afraid." She said with a confused expression, and continued with what she is seeing, "It is terrified of you, like you are its natural enemy, but I have no idea why."

"So, whatever it is, it is not Mana-based since you would have seen that." I concluded and Nina agreed with me. 

Seeing that the Death Mana is slowly weakening, I asked Nina something to pass the time. "Did you get much info about the Amazon from the book?"

"Ah yes, we learned some history and the tale of a specific Amazon of their history which gave us a lot of information about their culture." She answered and for the next hour explained to me some of the history of the Amazon race and their place in the System Worlds.

The Amazon is a race created by the Primordial of Life and they are very physical gifted, with high physical Attributes and which physical Attributes depends on the Body Trait. The woman in the book was an Amazon Warrior like Annika, but there are different Body Traits that change the Attributes that it increases, and it even changes the racial increases they get at every level up and evolving towards the Race.

The beautiful woman on the book cover was an Amazon Queen that conquered a world for their own and became higher than Tier-5, but the book did not mention what that was or meant, just a small mention at the end that she is eternally protecting her race and their world.

"We also found more books about the race with more in-depth knowledge about the race and culture of the Amazon." She said and got a teasing smile on her face when she said,"Annika took out the first thing that the search result gave her without checking the rest." 

I laughed,"Annika lost her head! If I did not see how she was myself, I would not have believed you." with the same smile as her.

Still chuckling, I looked down at my hand and noticed that the gray energy was not there anymore. Most of it is gone, but the rest that is still there has seeped inside her body and me touching her armor is not helping anymore.

Knowing what I need to do, I looked at Nina. "I guess I should remove a part of her armor and touch her directly, and don't think this is a way for me to get under her armor for anything else but her benefit." I said with my most serious face. I could be a actor with my acting skill.

Nina nodded with the same serious face as me."Of course, you are just being a good person and want to help with no ulterior motive."

"Thank you for understanding my very good intensions." I say dead-pan and removed part of Yennifers armor, so that I can put my hand on her stomach without the armor impeding my help.

When my fingers touched her smooth skin, I felt a shiver going through Yennifers body and I did not know if that was a bad shiver or a good one, but sadly I needed to touch her there to get rid of the Death Mana.

"You can go and do your own thing." I told Nina and laid down next to Yennifer, keeping my hand on her stomach.

'This might take a while, might as well think of a direction for [Will Reinforcement].' I thought while my hand unconsciously caressed the smooth skin of Yennifer.

Yennifer is the first to get to them, did anyone of you expect her to be the first? There is also a reason why she got teleported close to them and can anyone guess why? no, it is not ALL because I wanted her there.

Hope you all like how the story is going and if there is anything I need to improve, please comment about it.

Thank you all for reading!

22