Chapter 40: Rob
128 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40: Rob

 

Han Empire, Chrysanthemum Town. The people here make a living by growing and selling chrysanthemum products. Chrysanthemum can be used as an herb to treat chest pain, fever, cold, headache, dizziness, and other sicknesses. In the summertime, people like to drink chrysanthemum tea.

 

Since its proximity to the border, it’s also become a trading place between other empires and kingdoms.

 

A chubby man enters the town gate; from his expensive clothes, people think he is a scion exploring the world. Because of that, the local gang has already set their eyes on him. For the authorities, since it was a border town, their security was lacking. As long as they were not too serious, they pretended not to see anything.

 

However, the gang will soon realize their mistake in provoking a monster.

 

Zou Jie, during this month, had been traveling to different towns and cities to find out about his identity and enemies. Nonetheless, he found nothing, and after searching his memory, he remembered the Bai kingdom and the Huangshan mountain range. That must be his hometown or something related to his past self.

 

Since entering the town gate, he has noticed that few people are following him. This is not the first time that people have tried to rob him. Because of his appearance, people thought he was an easy target.

 

He ignored them and smiled. It looks like he will get his travel fund from this town's local gang. Coincidentally, he enters a red-light district, and since it’s still daytime, there are not a lot of customers.

 

The brothel madam's eyes light up when she sees Zou Jie. She doesn’t care about appearance, as long as the customer has money.

 

“Customer, what type of woman do you want?” The brothel madam acted flirtatiously and grabbed Zou Jie's arms while pulling him toward the brothel.

 

“Mature woman.” Zou Jie grabs her plum buttock and smiles.

 

The madam is flattered; most men in this era, especially in the Han empire, prefer younger women. However, after doing several rounds, she realized that Zou Jie had vigorous stamina and asked other women for help.

 

Still, how can ordinary women endure internal and external martial master strength and stamina? Combined with Casanova's knowledge, Zou Jie knows how to please any woman that he touches.

 

The day is getting darker, and a group of thugs are waiting outside the brothel.

 

"Why is he taking too long?”

 

“How long do you usually last?”

 

“He usually lasted for a few seconds.”

 

“Shut up!"

 

The moon is already high in the sky, and several naked prostitutes are lying on the large bed and don’t even have the energy to move. However, their faces are full of bliss. Zou Jie was not worried about making them pregnant because he had consumed contraception medicine that he had made.

 

When Zou Jie goes out of the room, the brothel worker gazes at him with awe and fear. They never thought the fatso had the stamina to do it for a long time. The young prostitutes want to join, but he refuses and prefers older women.

 

After having fun, he decided to do honest work at night.

 

The thugs, who are tired of waiting, finally see their target and secretly follow him from behind. When Zou Jie enters the alley, they rush toward the alley to prevent him from escaping.

 

“Where is that fatso?” There is no one in the alley except for them.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Are you looking for me?” Zou Jie appears behind them and smiles. Before they can say anything, a terrifying pressure causes them to freeze. “Now let’s find out how many gangs are in this town.”

 

Late at night, people are screaming in pain and calling for help inside a building, with many corpses scattered everywhere.

 

Zou Jie transforms into a slim black man and kills anyone that he sees.

 

The criminal gangs try to kill him; however, most of them are just ordinary humans and not even martial artists.

 

He is in ecstasy from killing and has a feeling that every time he does something good, he will receive something, but he can't remember what. At the same time, if he has a bad thought toward innocent people, his body will tremble in fear. It's as if something is going to punish him.

 

“Who are you?" The gang leader shouted in pain while holding his bleeding hand.

 

Zou Jie had heard that line so many times that he didn't bother to respond. He raises his right hand and pierces the heart of the gang leader. He easily kills the gang leader even without imbuing any qi.

 

The other people inside the building saw that and wanted to flee. Nonetheless, he is faster than any of them.

 

“Now let’s see how rich you are." Zou Jie, after killing all of them, goes to search the building for money and anything valuable that he can sell. Maybe he should buy something for the courtesans for their hard work.

 

Within a few days, several local criminal gangs had been massacred or robbed, and even officials with connections to the local criminal gang were unable to find out anything. Zou Jie had already left the town and was on his way to Bai Kingdom at the time.

 

-

 

The Veil sect, also known as the demon sect, kept the death of physician Zou a secret and ceased expanding their influence in the Qin Empire. However, their plan had begun to take shape in the Bai Kingdom. The Bai Kingdom imperial family is completely unaware that demon sects have gradually infiltrated the imperial court.

 

Flower Brothel, a beautiful woman with a slim waist and a curvy figure, sits on the chair, listening to the report.

 

After being cured of syphilis by physician Zou, Qiao Fen, the leader of the demon sect in the Bai kingdom, goes to the Bai kingdom's capital city. Hu Lin, her maidservant, and the twins Ren Shu and Ren Shi, her bodyguard, also followed.

 

“To think physician Zou is dead.” Qiao Fen feels melancholy; that’s why people say good people die young.

 

Hu Lin heard the news and felt sad, while the twins didn’t show any emotion. However, all of them had stayed with physician Zou and treated him like family.

 

“How is the progress?” Qiao Fen asked.

 

“We already had our people in the six ministries except for the prime minister camp.” Hu Lin spoke.

 

“Why?”

 

“The prime minister is a cautious person.”

 

“What about bribing people under him?”

 

“The official under the prime minister is honest and upright.”

 

“Do you believe that?”

 

“No.”

 

“Even if they are honest, we can make them corrupt, investigate their misdeeds, and blackmail them."

 

“But they might alert the prime minister.”

 

“How are the new courtesans in the Hundreds Flower brothel?”

 

“Their training is complete.”

 

“Used them; we just need one person to succeed.”

 

“Yes, madam.”

 

“How is the asura demon?”

 

“He is getting restless."

 

“Keep a close watch on the Asura Demon; it’s not yet time for a bloodbath.” Qiao Fen rubbed her head. She knows why the patriarch sent him, but it’s still too early. Other than controlling the imperial court, they still don’t find anyone suitable to become the puppet king for the throne.

 

-

 

Huo family courtyard. The Bai Kingdom Prime Minister, Huo Ming, is sitting under a pavilion and gazing at the pond. His hair already turns white, and his skin wrinkles because of his old age.

 

For a few years, he already knew of an unknown organization trying to infiltrate the imperial court. However, he did nothing to stop it because of his agenda. When he was young, his hometown became the Three Empires army training ground. Because of that, he lost all of his family members.

 

After working hard and persevering, he finally became the prime minister. Thanks to him, for decades, the three empires reduced their army training in Bai Kingdom territory by making them wary of each other.

 

The past and current Bai kingdom kings are incompetent and only care for themselves while the civilians suffer. Because of that, he wants changes; he is just waiting for the right time to rebel and become the new king. The only problem is that he doesn’t have an army to revolt against.

 

The first Bai kingdom king, according to history, was a wise ruler. Because of that, he had separate government officials and the military.

 

While he is deep in thought, a government official walks toward him. “Prime minister.” The man cupped his hand.

 

“How?"

 

“It’s just like the Prime Minister suspected, but we don’t know how strong the organization is."

 

“Since they manage to enter the imperial court, their influence might not be weak; we need to find out who their backer is." The prime minister hesitated to join them in case they were from the three empires.

 

“From what we know, they are not from the three empires.”

 

“Keep investigating.”

 

“Yes, Prime Minister.”

 

 

-

 

In the Han Empire, a caravan is heading to the Bai Kingdom border. In one of the wagons, there is a husband and wife; however, the husband's face looks pale, and the wife looks at him with concern.

 

“Husband, we should go to the city and find a physician.”

 

“No, they will catch up soon.”

 

“How about we ask the merchant Zou for help?”

 

“Why?”

 

“While you are resting inside the wagon, I found out that merchant Zou is knowledgeable in medical art.” The wife explains the scene when one of the escorts gets bitten by a poisonous snake that has no cure, and the only way to save him is to cut his leg. Merchant Zou at that time stopped them and began to dispel the poison using qi and heal the wound using an unknown herb paste.

 

“It's fine; I know my condition better. There are no physicians that can completely heal damaged meridians.” The husband shakes his head.

 

The wife says something to comfort him, but she also knows there is no cure.

7