Chapter 26: Plans for the future
701 5 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, Welcome." Ozpin says, turning around and walking over to his desk from the window.

 

"Ozpin." Ironwood says, walking up to give him a handshake.

 

"Hello, General." Ozpin gave him a firm handshake in return, with a stern nod.

 

"Please drop the formalities among friends," Ironwood says, ending the handshake with his own stern nod. "It's been far too long."

 

"And Glynda it has certainly been too long. Since we last met." Ironwood says as he turns to the good witch, when suddenly a *Ding* sounds out. Ironwood turns around, hand reaching for his pistol, Qrow’s hand quickly reaching for his handle as he puts away his flask.

"Ya miss me, Ironwood." Amber says, walking in from the elevator. The doors closing behind her as the room had a moment of silence.

 

"Amber!?" Both Qrow and Ironwood shouted in surprise.

 

"Why didn't you inform us, Ozpin." Qrow says, turning to the aforementioned Wizard of Oz.

 

"Uncle Qrow did you bring what I asked for?" Kyra asks out of nowhere, "Huh, yeah sure." He says, pointing to two massive bags full of Caps in a corner of the room.

 

"She was woken up a few weeks ago by miss Kyra here." Ozpin says, gesturing to the girl as she happily takes the capes while he takes a sip of his drink.

 

"How?" Ironwood asks, clearly befuddeled.

 

"The only thing Atlas has me beat in; Is resources. I don't have enough to build as much as you guys; However, my technology is much more advanced." Kyra says, dismissing Ironwood for the 3/4ths full first bag. "May I tell them?" Ozpin asks, taking a seat at his desk.

 

"Sure." Kyra answers absent-mindedly, having to put the caps in the Pip-boy one at a time.

 

"Well then, listen up, what I say does not leave this room. I need all of your devices off." Ozpin says, getting everyone to turn their scrolls off and place them on his desk.

 

"Kyra here is a goddess." Ozpin says, chin resting on interlocked fingers as his eyes sweep over each person in the room.

 

"What?" Ironwood asks in shock, taking a singular step back.

 

"So that's what you meant by I have only seen two 'people' with golden eyes

before." Qrow says, reaching for his trusty flask, only to find it empty. 

 

"Well, that explains a lot." Glynda says, worry on her mind as she recalled Kyra’s battle maniac nature and recklessness.

 

"What is she the god of? I have kinda always wondered that." Amber says, having moved over to and leaned on the desk.

 

"True, we have a god of light and dark. So what are you the god of, Kyra? If you don't mind me asking." Ozpin asks, leaving the floor open to the girl.

 

"I haven't fully unlocked my divinity yet." Kyra says, finishing the first sack of caps and moving onto the second.

 

"However, as far as I can tell, it is related to dreams. I'm a young and weak god on the hierarchical tree as far as I can tell. At my current rank I couldn't travel worlds, in fact I used to be a human." Kyra says, dismissively, as she dug into the second bag with the same fervour of the first.

 

 "How did you become a god?" Qrow asks about the elephant in the room, one that would surely be an interesting story for the ages.

 

"A god owed me a favor on my old world. She was pretty high ranked." Kyra says, having half the bag finished, and she continued to speedily add the caps to her Pip-boy.

 

Ozpin perked up, realizing that she's actually not paying attention and just giving answers. "Why did she owe you a favor?" Ozpin asked, a hint of something behind his eyes unnoticed by all.

 

"Well, she was rank 9 at the time. She should be rank 11 at the end of her journey. I helped her with her future." Kyra says, finishing off the bag of caps and cracking her fingers.

 

(Caps: 102,353)

 

"How could you help a god with her future?" Ozpin asks, that thing behind his eyes being a hunger, a hunger to know.

 

 "I am or was? Maybe still am partially am a seer. I can see parts of future events." Kyra says, realizing she stupidly said way too much earlier, because she was distracted. So she lied through her teeth.

 

"You said the god that sent you here was highly ranked... who were they?" Glynda asks, her worry clear on her face.

 

"Sandstorm, the goddess of Fate. Also, a world creator." Kyra answers nonchalantly.

 

"So your semblance?" Amber asks, wondering if she even had one.

 

"Aura burn? Yeah, it's a fake semblance, it's actually a skill of the Saiyan race; Ki control." Kyra says.

 

"Aura and Ki are not the same thing." Ozpin suddenly says.

 

"Huh?" Kyra says dumbfounded.


Quickly, she pulls her Pip-boy out and moves to the SPECIAL page.

 

'Buy aura control. With 1 free stat point.'

(Aura control 0 ->1)

"Ki is a natural energy in the air. Similar to how magic is. However, humans can no longer use magic, so it just sits there, unused." Ozpin explains, "Now that all the introductions are over with?” Ozpin asks, looking at everyone with a raised brow before nodding at Qrow and leaving the floor open to the man.

 

“What do you mean by you need help preventing the fall of Beacon and Vale?" Qrow asks moving the subject to the original reason for the meeting. 

 

"Like the girl said, she is still partially a seer. Do you want to tell us what you saw?" Ozpin asks, gesturing to the chairs around the room for everyone to sit at.

 

"I saw a Grimm Wyvern, a massive one; Frozen on top of Beacon academy, not dead, but frozen by a silver eye warrior. Grimm filled the streets of Vale, the waters were full of them. And the skies were blocked out by Griffins." Kyra says, a solemn look on her face, one of apprehension yet understanding.

 

"So that's the reason for those guns on the side of the school. It also explains our intel on those massive ships this kingdom is producing." Ironwood says, as if it was no big deal he was spying on Vale.

 

"The battleships? Yeah, they are meant to be able to safely escort cargo ships for trade and prevent Grimm attack. It should open up the seas and give us more trade." Kyra says, a look on her face which Oz could not parse. 

 

"Let's say, hypothetically, those things were used for war?" Ironwood asks, brow raised at the young genius who single-handedly push vale into a semi-arms race with Atlas. He stood to his full height and loomed over the shorter girl.

 

"It's in the contract that if they use it for any type of territorial dispute, skirmish, a full act of war, or terrorism I cut them off from the supplies needed to run the ships. They will become useless hunks of iron." Kyra says dismissively, inspecting her nails and ignoring the taller man.

 

"Why are you so sure that will work?" Ironwood asks.

 

 "Have you managed to figure out the formula to gunpowder? How to use it safely? Not to mention, I bet the plastic explosives are giving your scientist headaches." Kyra says pointing at the man, a quick light tap with her finger into his chest.

 

“You know we are researching your stuff?" Ironwood asks, brow raised, concern clear on his face.

 

"Please, I’ve had a backdoor into your government systems for over a year.” Kyra gave an eye roll. “You assume since your technology is so advanced no one could figure out how it works so you actually skipped on proper defenses." Kyra says standing up and stretching.

 

"Prove it." Ironwood says, taking a singular step forward in an effort to exert more pressure.

 

"You heard the man, Jarvis." Kyra quips, search lights blaring to life from each of the warships outside, all pointed directly into the windows of Ozpin’s towers.

 

When every had gotten their eyesight back after the searchlights turned off, every single warship outside had its guns start to target each other. Each and every ship, fires one singular round, at the most defended spot on another ship, leaving behind a scorch mark on each impact.

 

While this was happening, winter grabbed her scroll and rushed to the elevator, turning it on just in time to receive a call, “What do you mean the White Fang is assaulting the doc-” she was cut off from finishing when the doors to the elevator closed.

 

Yet, Ironwood’s face twisted into an ugly grimace as he watched his ships continue to have their guns trained on one another before Kyra lightly slapped his back; the ships all returned to business as normal, yet with the addition of panicking crews and scorch marks.

 

"Imagine if Salem figures out your tech and creates a backdoor of her own? We would lose. Also, Penny is protected with the best I could do." Kyra says, staring out the window with the rest of everyone sitting in the office.

 

"Why? Why would you do that?" Ironwood turned to her and asked, expecting her to not treat a robot equally.

 

"Penny is a friend, she's a new third race, a synth." Kyra says with a smile.

 

"I might just be rid of this curse after all." Ozpin mutters to himself as they continue to discuss things.

 

==================

*After everyone else has left, only Kyra and Ozpin are left standing in his office*

 

"That talk went well." Kyra says happily.

 

"I would say it did." Ozpin replies, filling himself another cup of his favourite drink, and spiking it with a bit of Single Malt 40-year-old scotch.

 

"Well, it's about to get to a point where the world can't take any more.” Kyra said with a head shake, looking out the window she’s joined by Oz, handing her a bottle of water. 

 

“There is a line that will be crossed. To the children of fate, there's no return, no bridges left to burn. I mean, you can't expect them to wait with their lives at stake; until you think they're ready.” Kyra gave Ozpin a side eye as she took a swig from her bottle.

 

“The enemies are gathering, Ozpin.” She said sadly, “This storm is growing deadly. I think it's almost time to say goodbye to the innocents of youth. Man, time has seemed to fly since I got here." Kyra says, stretching her arms and back with a small smile.

 

"I think you know more than you are letting on. These children of fate, they don't happen to be team JNPR and RWBYS do they?" Ozpin says with a knowing look.

 

"Who knows Ozma, Wizard, and Warrior king of Vale." Kyra says with a smile.

 

"Hmm." Ozpin hummed, with a smile he hasn't had anyone to talk about his past

with in a long while.

 

"Are the silver eyed warriors your decadents?" Kyra asks, wanting to know. 

 

However, Ozpin just smiles.

 

"I think your team is waiting for you, Kyra." Ozpin says, turning back to his desk and picking up his scroll.

 

===================

Getting back to the dorm room.

 

"Where have you been?" Ruby asks, being the only one up right now.

 

"Talking with Professor Ozpin." Kyra says, pausing in closing the door to the dorm room, slowly turning to look at her girlfriend.

 

"And the rest of the month?" Ruby asks, arms crossed and a look in her eyes demanding the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

 

"I, um, was, preparing for Vales finest hour." Kyra says with a shrug.

 

"Does that mean what I think it does?" Ruby asks, pinching the bridge of her nose in exasperation, Kyra nods and Ruby sighs.

 

"We are a team, we work on this together from now on." Ruby says with a tone of finality before dragging Kyra to Bed.

 

=====================

Status

Level 55

free status points: 21

Aura: 355,000

Special KA___

Strength 90

 

Perception 69

Endurance 107

Charisma 21

Intelligence 32

Agility 112

Luck 33

Ki Control 27

Aura Control 1

Perk changes

Pick pocketing 0->3

43