Chapter 29: A night on the town.
994 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"I thought that class would never end." Blake says exhaustion is clear in her voice as they walk down the halls of beacon. 

 

"Really? I believed it was an interesting story. Shame he couldn't finish."  Kyra says after all Professor Port was probably her favorite professor outside of Oobleck 

 

"Doesn't matter! Today is the day. The investigation begins!" Ruby says as energetic as ever… It kinda made Kyra want to kiss her again. 

 

 "I'm glad we are taking this seriously." Weiss announces, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she casually scrolls on her scroll. 

 

"Hey, we got a plan. That's... moderately serious." Yang says, as Blake closes the door, to the dorm room. 

 

"So you're going to juniors club?" Kyra asks, knowing Yang apparently still had good relations with the owner and since it's a “secretive” club which helps the underground. 

 

"Yep!" Yang says with a nod.

 

"Wonder if I could go there again... probably not. I heard it took them a month to fix the damage I caused." Kyra says, remembering the fight to that song and strobe lights. 

 

"Everyone remembers their roles?" Ruby asks excitedly.

 

"Obviously, You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other

Dust robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I am in the family, it shouldn't

be a problem." Weiss says, turning her nose up with a ‘hump’

 

"Or I could just hack them?" Kyra states looking at the heiress to see if she would give permission.

 

"No! You will not hack my families company!" Weiss shouts, waving her arms in the air.

 

"Ow my ears." Blake says, wincing, covering the aforementioned appendage.

 

“I mean, Jarvis could easily get into any account.” Kyra says, looking away.

 

“Just because you use your AI to write your essay’s doesn’t mean you understand the subject.” Weiss mutters, biting her thumbnail.

 

Blake coughs to get the attention of everyone again." The white fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in with Kyra. Hopefully we can find out what they are planning." 

 

"If Adam comes anywhere near me, he's going to be neutered." Kyra mutters angrily, drawing a look from Blake, yet she doesn't say anything.

 

"Don't worry, Blake, just a bullet to the crotch." Kyra says, pulling out and cocking a revolver and putting it in a holster in her boot.

 

"Headed to Junior's. He's got the intel on Vales' underworld," Yang states rather helpfully.

 

"Will Junior even talk to you after I blew up his club?" Kyra's tuns to Yang and asks.

 

"Eh, worth a try," Yang responds with a shrug.

 

"Great, we'll meet tonight near Yang and discuss what we found out. Let's do this!" Ruby says enthusiastically. A voice chimed in from the window, "Yeah!" everyone head whipped to the sun-blonde abs out Sun Wukong.

 

"Sun!" Blake exclaims as everyone takes a step back.

 

"How did you get there?" Yang asks, hip cocked with a finger pointing at him.

 

"Yang... we're good at climbing... didn't I punch you? My name's Kyra," she retorts, while Sun looks at her.

 

"She swings the other way, Sun," Ruby comments, noticing the monkey’s gaze.

 

"Oh...damn, anyway, can I come in?" Sun asks, rubbing his head as he sets himself up to crouch on the windowsill rather than hang upside down from his tail.

 

"So, um... how did you meet everyone but me?" Kyra inquires, brow raised in obvious question.

 

"Me and my buddy Neptune destroyed them at risk," Sun says with a smile, remembering the board game played in the library, tons of fun was had all around as he infuriated Weiss.

 

"Guys, can I come in now!" Neptune calls from outside, Everyone leaned a bit out to see him precariously hugging the wall with his back on the small lip.

 

"What are you doing?" Sun asks, ignoring the blue haired not god of the seas. 

 

"We're going to investigate a situation as a team," Blake replies, attempting to steer Sun away from Kyra, whom he keeps eyeing.

 

"We don't want to get friends involved," Ruby asserts, standing in front of his view of Kyra, with her arms crossed.

 

"Pfft, you always get friends involved," Sun remarks with a stupid grin on his face as he pulls Neptune instead, who gave a sigh of relief.

 

"I believe it's friends who tell you not to do something stupid. While best friends do it with you, or something like that," Kyra says, her head popping up over Ruby’s shoulder.

 

"Okay. Blake, Kyra, and Sun will infiltrate the White Fang meeting. Neptune, go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. We can't send Kyra with Weiss because she's her family's main competitor. And if Junior sees Kyra again, there might be a second war between gangs," Ruby outlines everyone’s teams, adapting to the situation on the fly. 

 ===============

That was how Kyra found herself in down town Vale with Sun and Blake. Blake was looking around in the darker alleys and corners, her eyes were better at seeing in the dark, which was giving her a clear advantage over Sun. While in truth Kyra herself could see better than Blake thanks to her Nano suit, what was the saying again? If you aren’t cheating, you are not trying your hardest. 

 

“Found em. This way, put your masks on.” Blake says as she walks into a fully blacked out alleyway. 

 

"So why does the White Fang wear these masks?" Kyra questions. Internally, she's excited to test her power armor against the Atlas Mech’s she’s likely to encounter before the night is over.

 

"Yep. Humanity wanted to make us monsters, so we became monsters," Blake said solemnly as she put her mask on.

 

"It's pretty dark," Sun remarks.

 

"All you're doing is proving humanity right," Kyra retorts. All the new people look at her, several of their eyes opening wide in recognition before looking away.

 

Kyra also notices some of her workers, a frown coming across her face as she makes note of each employee and a mental note to fire the ones present at the meeting; they weren’t a part of her Counter Intel ops. "Nano suit night vision, please," she thinks, and her eyes light up, allowing her to see perfectly in the dark.

 

Walking in, an announcer starts to talk, getting the rest to quiet down, "Thank you for coming. For those of you who are joining us for the first time tonight, allow me to introduce a very special comrade of ours," He gestured to the curtains as they started to part and too relatively import plot characters appeared.

 

Adam Taurus and Roman Torchwick walked out, Torchwick lighting his Cigar up on the stage. "Good guy Torchwick bringing Adam here," Kyra thinks. "I can assure you, he is the key to obtaining what we have fought for, for so long," The announcer says. 

 

"Thank you; hold your applause," Roman says, noticing the trio standing near the back.

 

"What's a human doing here!" A deer Faunus yells from the crowd.

 

"Glad you asked, dearie," Roman says, cane pointed at said Faunus, successfully angering the Faunus more.

 

"He's doing it on purpose," Kyra mutters, audible to several people in the room.

 

"I will be the first to admit, humans are the worst. Case in point," Roman says, pointing at himself.

 

"I understand why you would all want to see us locked away. Better yet: killed!" Roman says, walking back and forth on the stage like a showman. "Let's cut to the chase!" Roman continues, smiling at the group of three.

 

"I came into some contact with some Atlas tech," Roman says as the curtain drops, his cane up and pointed at the hulking figure that was previously hidden. "As some of you may have heard, this right here is Atlas's newest line of defense against all scary things in the world. And thanks to my employer, we have managed to snag a few before they, uh, hit the shelves." With a twirl, his cane is now in front of him, with both hands on the Handel.

 

"Atlas would never sell those. Too dangerous for their own country," Kyra mutters, more ears peaked up at her voice, a couple doing small double takes.

 

"Now many of your brothers have already moved down to our operation in the southeast. If you would rather stay within the city, that's fine. But if you're truly ready to fight for what you believe in, this is the Arsenal I can provide you," Roman declares, gathering their attention back on him. "Any questions?" he asks, looking directly at the three again meaningfully, the heads of the actual soldiers whipped towards the three from all over the room, some slowly started making their way over to the trio.

 

"Guys, we've been made," Blake alerts, pulling out her weapon with Sun fallowing close behind, both ready to fight as the civilian members start to back away leaving an open space around.

 

"He's known we were here since the start," Kyra says. Suddenly, Blake’s hand whipped around and shot the power box near the roof, plunging the entire place into darkness. Kyra takes this opportunity to pull out her .44 Magnum. Taking aim, there is a bright flash followed by a loud bang.

 

Everyone hears Adam Taurus screaming, something about blood and balls.

 

"Go!" Kyra shouts, springing them all into action, while gunfire starts and bullets wiz past them as they all run out of the warehouse.

 

"The window!" Blake shouts, with a jump and throw it’s smashed and with a quick pull she’s through the window by her elastic.

39