Ch 30: Paladin Vs Power Armor.
451 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyra, Blake, and Sun were leaping and bounding across the cityscape's rooftops. The Atlas Paladin that roman piloted was hot on their tail below as it caused havoc going full sprint tearing across the city streets, shaking the ground and smashing cars as it ran along.

 

"Why are we running! I can take that thing!" Kyra yells as she flips over onto another roof.

 

"Yeah right! You don't happen to have a back-up plan, do you!?" Sun yells back as he rolls into a handspring to keep momentum.

 

“I could handle it!" Kyra yells back, and in midair bring her fore arm up to her face, pausing time as she enters her Pip-Boy.

 

'Yay, good blackmail material for Ironwood.' Kyra thinks of taking out a drone and dropping it on follow me mode, the drone frozen midair ready to deploy.

 

Looking away from her pip-boy, causes time to resume, the crashing sound of Roman’s footfalls and the drone’s engine spinning up.

 

"Jarvis, make sure it doesn't crash!" Kyra shouts as Blake is staring at a group call with everyone on her scroll.

 

=================

 

Weiss was exiting the CCT tower, Ruby behind her, as the elevator door closed. Letting them descend back down the tower to head to the meetup with yang.

 

“Well, I feel like we got a lot of info, I should probably start the call.” Weiss says, fishing her Scroll back out.

 

“I wanna die.” Ruby mutters as she stumbled out of the elevator. 

 

That was when the scroll rung, “Oh? Blake is calling.” Weiss mutters, answering the phone on speaker. 

 

"Everyone we need back-" Blake quickly speaks, only to be rudely interrupted by another voice on the call.

 

"Help!!" Sun Yells, his screaming causing Weiss to move her scroll and lean away from it.

 

"I got this!" Kyra yells right before the call is disconnected.

 

Ruby turns to Weiss, “Uh, we should probably go.”

 

Weiss nods as Ruby turns into petals, taking off ahead. 

============

Ruby had hidden by a dumpster and restarted the call, connecting just in time to hear Sun yell.

 

"They got a really big robot!" Sun exclaimed with awe, mid-cartwheel.

 

"It's not that bad! They just keep running! I can take it!" Kyra said, landing into a perfect roll and running with it.

 

"Kyra can probably take it." Ruby says into the phone, as she started moving again, running roughly in the direction of the tremors being produced by the mech.

 

"Thanks Ruby! We just need to guide it to an empty area." Kyra’s voice sounded from the Scroll and above her right as she arrived to them.

 

"Wait for me! I'm not missing this!" Ruby shouts into the scroll before turning back into petals and rushing after them.

================

 

Yang revved the engine of her iconic yellow motorcycle, Bumblebee, as she glanced at Neptune with a smirk. "Ready for a ride, Neptune?" her voice ripe with anticipation.

 

Neptune shook his head in fear as the street lights lit up his features. "Absolutely, not! I wanna go home!” the bike speeding onto the road with Neptune holding onto the Bike with all he has.

 

"That Torchwick guy's in it! Not like it ate him, though." Sun shouts over the phone, the rushing wind not doing anything to stop his voice.

 

"He's piloting it!" Kyra is heard yelling at Sun.

 

"Kyra's probably got this, but since it's Atlas tech, she's going to do it in a really showy way." Yang says excitedly, her bike weaving in and out of traffic.

 

"We can't possibly miss this. Where are you?" Yang asks, connecting on to the highway, and absolutely ripping it down the highway.

 

 "Yang! Behind you!" Blake yelled, both Yang and Neptune looked back to see Blake, Sun and Kyra Playing leapfrog with Cars as Roman wrecked havoc with the mech hitting and destroying cars, they were just in time to see Kyra just jumping off of the freeway, with the Paladin chasing after her. 

 

As they run by on the road, the giant metal robot runs through the underpass underneath them.

"Never mind, I think I found you. Let's do this, YANG XIAO-LONG!" Yang shouts before powering up her bike, hopping up and over the jersey barrier. 

 

Neptune’s scream reverberated through the air, carrying his fear as they flew through the air.

==============

"Let's fight it under the freeway!" Kyra yells, doing an excellent tumble with a 3.5 twist onto another roof.

 

"Okay!" Blake yells back, landing on the roof and following Kyra.

 

"You're Crazy!" Sun yells before following with a grin.

 

Kyra responds, laughing maniacally, making the jump from the roof onto a moving car traveling the freeway below.

 

A glowing red robotic sensor locked on to her, causing her to somersault forwards, jumping from car to car.

 

"This way!" Kyra yells, jumping off the freeway, falling towards the sky, with the massive mecha following behind the monkey girl. 

 

Kyra looked into her pip-boy midair, her power armor set appearing in the air in front of her, open for her to fall into. Mounting the armor midair, it had barely closed in time, allowing her to pull off the Iron Man superhero landing just a few feet before the ground.

 

*BOOOOOOOOOOOM*

 

The ground shook as if the area had just been hit by a 1.0 earthquake, the ground cracked under the weight of the Atlesian Paladin hitting the Ground just behind the girl in the T-60 power armor.

 

Kyra turns around to see Blake land on her feet like a cat and Sun face-plant into the ground.

 

"Is that!" Blake says, recognizing the armor as the one that was being worked on in the corner of the dorm room.

 

Kyra just giggles, hitting her fist together as she slowly starts making her way forward.

 

“Alright, I see you finally stopped monkeying around.” Torchwick says, voice booming over the Paladin’s loudspeakers, looking up to face Kyra. 

 

Sun groans, pushing himself off the ground, “I resent that statement! The fuck is that!" He yells, pointing at Kyra’s Power Armor.

 

"Oh, Roman, look up!" Kyra shouts, finger pointed up to the sky and behind him.

 

“What?” Roman said, turning around enough for Yang’s bike to bounce off the top of the Paladin, Neptune flying off from the force and landing into Sun. Yang expertly landed her bike and drifts Bumblebee until she came to a stop next to Ruby, who just arrived from a cloud of petals. Ruby stood there excitedly holding a big bowl of perfectly made popcorn.

 

"Hey sis. Good idea bringing the popcorn." Yang says, grabbing a handful to munch on during the fight.

 

While Neptune and Sun are next to each other on the hard ground, groaning in pain as they slowly get up.

 

*It was just fine, We lived in peace, looked to a Happy ending.*

 

 Music stared blaring out of Kyra’s armor as she started to jog towards the paladin.

 

*The days were bright, They shined like gold, Every step ascending*

 

The giant mech sent a punch towards Kyra, only to be stopped dead cold by Kyra’s power armor. 

 

*Our dream came true, Our path was clear, The moon watched safely from above.*

 

Kyra starts laughing maniacally and rips off the mech's arm. The other arm swings in to hit her, however she bats it away with the ripped off arm.

 

*But every smile, Is not the same, And every heart’s not filled with…*

 

“Hey Roman, why are you hitting yourself?” Kyra asked, laughing maniacally, as she repeatedly hit the mech with the arm in beat to the song like it was a QTE.

 

*Love for man kind, (Oh Oh Ooh), look around it’s getting very hard to find.

 

“Stop hitting me.” Roman growled out, stomping the ground in rage.

 

“I am not hitting you. I am hitting you with your own arm.” Kyra responded nonchalantly. “There’s a difference.” she said as she jumped over the leg that went for a sweep.

 

“What difference!? It's you who is putting the fucking force behind the swing!” Roman yelled out in frustration, going for a hand slam, only

 

“Potato, Patoto.” Kyra shrugged, jumping over the sweep from the mechs hand carving in to the ground.

 

'So happy I copied all the songs onto this thing a year ago.' Kyra thinks as She holds up her left arm, blocking the kick from the right leg of the mech. The armor on the bottom left of her HUD turned its left arm red from the damage.

 

While all the spectators look in shock as the power armor stays rooted, people raising their scroll recording the fight as the drone swooped by for better angles.

 

‘I really want to mess with roman more… but the T-60d, of course it's getting damaged and starting to be hard to move... let's finish this.' Kyra thinks as the Paladin's remaining arm turns into a cannon.

 

“Overcharge core.” Kyra mutters, electricity arched over the suit as the core in the back began to emit a red glowing light; The Paladins canon now aimed at Kyra with a fully charged blast, lets it rip.

 

The massive dust cannon on the arm is fired at Kyra, who suddenly becomes a blur as the bullet hits her after image. Kyra reappears in front of the cockpit of the mech. Roman ejects as Kyra throws a punch powerful enough to knock the Paladin back several meters into the highway’s support, crushing the cabin area and having it break apart. 

 

Completely fragmenting the right arm of her power armor, leaving nothing but the frame underneath. Kyra throws her fist into the air as the light on the power armor turns off and

the entire thing slumps forwards.

 

(Fusion core power: 00)

 

"Guys! I may be stuck in here for a minute!" Kyra shouts to her teammates, who all start to run to congratulate her.

 

When Neo runs up, appearing from nowhere, she approaches Roman and gives them a bow.

 

Yang is the first one there, throwing popcorn crumbs off her face as a punch strikes an invisible object, causing the air to shatter like glass, the image of Roman and Neo disappearing to reveal they had disappeared.

 

Beeping is heard as the power armor finally opens, Kyra falling out of the steel shell.

 

"Damn it! Power consumption is too high." Kyra shouts getting up, lightly punching the core causing it to eject. Said motion is swiftly followed by her inserting a new one back in the back. 

 

Then said metal suit of armor disappeared as she stores it, the metal fragments of the right arm disappearing from the ground.

 

"What is that thing? And where did it go?" Weiss asks, pointing at the empty fusion core sitting on the ground where the suit of armor stood just a moment ago. 

 

"It's a device that generates power, if weaponized it could destroy the city of vale in a single detonation." Kyra says, trying to distract Weiss from where she put her armor.

 

 "W-what! You run around with something like that attached to your armor!" Weiss shouts, shock on her face.

 

"Like dust can't also explode." Kyra says sarcastically, picking the empty core up from the ground.

 

"There's a difference between a house and a city." Weiss says, her voice a forced calm.

 

"I know I'm working on another power source. If that one overreacts and melts down, we just have to worry about the electromagnetic pulse frying every electronic device in a 20 block radius." Kyra says thinking about somehow making her Arc reactors work with the power armor.

 

"Wait... I'm stupid it's Fusion... they can't explode, sorry I was thinking of nuclear." Kyra says, giving the classical ‘Eto, Bleh’ pose. Weiss sighs with relief, and Kyra congratulates herself, her lie has worked to distract them all from the Pip-Boy inventory.

 

Sirens can be heard in the distance. The Vale PD best response time in the city was finally responding to the calls about the Atlesian paladin. 

 

"So, do we want to explain this to the police?" Kyra asks

34