4 – Meeting with Sera
303 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This is ridiculous.”

The place he thought was the living room was humongous.

It was as if it was a room from some big villa.

But the place to move around was minimal.

It was as if someone moved in all the furniture and then just left.

With one look he estimated that the room was as much as four meters high yet there were towers of garbage pilling to it.

The entire place was like a big labyrinth made of weird things.

Furthermore, the entire thing was covered by wild plants. It seemed that it was actually those plants that kept the entire thing together without collapsing.

Seeing this made him feel overwhelmed for a moment.

When he saw that Feliria’s tail was already disappearing in the clutter he could only quickly go after her.

‘At least there isn’t that much of the dust.’

He took a deep breath and entered one of the passages.

It was obvious that this place was used by the people as it was much cleaner than anywhere else.

Furthermore, someone had to make those paths to go around.

That made it even more inconceivable for him to understand.

The things around him were various and often felt like ancient antiques.

He saw rusted armors not tended for years. Their origin was unknown to him.

Beautiful dolls pinned with sharp objects on the walls.

Shattered mirrors and glass littered the ground with other trash things.

If not for the cloak which came together with boots he would be screwed.

The entire place was silent and eerie.

Surprisingly nothing nonliving started to act as a sentient person while he went around.

He already lost Feliria since he couldn’t go as fast as she could but could someone navigate to track her down?

Unfortunately, his curiosity slowed him down.

The things around him fascinated him. He was knowledgeable when it came to appraising antiques but he was sure that those things were old. Very old.

The entire place was illuminated by occasional candles either levitating in the air or attached to some object.

Going through this was a unique experience in itself.

Shame that his life was in danger at every corner of this place.

“Aaaaagh~ Kill me, please! Just kill me! Don’t make me do this! Sob. Sob.”

The wail of a middle-aged woman sounded out in the distance.

For the n-time, he felt the goosebumps today.

The voice came out of the direction he was going.

He didn’t know who or why but he started to hurry to that place.

It wasn’t because he felt heroic but something made him go towards that voice.

What if he lost the opportunity to leave this place because of hesitation?

And so with haste, he made his way around until he finally got to the clearing.

Actually, this place was familiar to him.

‘I was here before I lost my consciousness!’

Remembering the time, when two young women and one old man surrounded him and scared him to unconsciousness, flashed through his mind.

Now he was here with a clear mind and purpose

There he saw Feliria waiting at the side sitting while doing nothing.

Before she was a circle made of leather couches and chairs surrounding a small but neat coffee table.

On one of the chairs was sitting a person with light pink long hair.

She was back to him and Feliria not noticing them despite their loud entrance.

She was humming to herself as she was doing something with her hand while the laments came right from her lap.

“Stop it. This is outrageous! Can’t you see what you are doing is abominable! You monster.”

“Oh common. Don’t be like that~ Hm~ Hm~ Hm~ I think I am much better than befo- Auch!”

The sudden cry sounded as the one he identified as the pink-headed maid talked to the lamenting woman.

He didn’t know what to do. Was she doing some taboo things?

What if she noticed him and used him as a sacrifice?

But she sure didn’t look like someone able to do that…

‘You know what? Screw it. No risks, no gains. Not like waiting or running away will be safer.’

He made a gesture to Feliria who noticed him.

Based on what she will do, will his plan change?

Fortunately, she understood what he wanted and waited at her place.

He sighed in relief as he started to sneak up to her as quietly as possible trying to see what she was doing.

Soon enough he stopped and looked at his bosom. There the little kitty he still held in his arms was looking at him innocently.

But remembering her betrayal he held her in one hand and covered her mouth in the other.

He didn’t want to risk being discovered again.

In truth, he didn’t want to expose the kitty to danger either.

But he can’t even let her down on the ground in this cursed house.

If he did that then she would be either attacked by Feliria or any other creatures when he was not looking or could hurt herself over some of the garbage. Just like that glass before.

Maybe even getting some illness from that disgusting floor wouldn’t be weird.

And so he held her firmly.

Bracing himself he was prepared to see some gore shit and then either sneak attack the person or run away.

However, he was hoping for a better outcome.

And the prayer was heard. It wasn’t anything horrible.

Instead, it was just a bizarre sight. Classic in this house.

There, a young woman he met before was using knitting needles and was trying to knit something.

It is important to highlight the word ‘trying’.

The thing she held in her hands looked as if someone had taken the entire ball of thread only to crumple it into one mess and make as many knots as you could.

“Nooo!”

And there the needles held by the girl were wailing in sorrow in one voice.

They were bloody but it was blood no one else other than the girl who was knitting!

She was just very bad at it.

“What the fuck.”

His head will blow off soon at this rate.

He expected many things that could be happening but… this?

“Aaaa?!”

But this outpour of his wasn’t unheard of when he was so close to the girl.

She yelped in surprise as she flinched backward.

And her head fell off…

For a moment their sight collided as her head was falling backwards with a surprised expression.

And he who didn’t have even time to think just instinctively reached for the falling thing.

Putting his hand under her head he managed to catch her.

“...”

“...”

“Ehm… Could you please turn my head upwards, sir? I feel dizzy~”

“...”

He sighed in exasperation.

“Haaa~ I’m sorry! I won’t ask anymore, just don’t throw up my head or something please!”

His sigh visibly made her anxious as she thought he was angry with her.

So he only rolled his eyes.

‘This time it isn’t me who is scared shitless hmm?’

He came closer to the chairs where her body was sitting.

At this, she turned visibly nervous.

But he just put down the kitty in his one hand on the empty chair that looked like the first thing that was clean to some extent here.

And then he turned her head with his two hands holding her carefully before putting it inside of her lap...

“Ah? Thank you, sir!”

There was profound pity welling up inside of him as he watched the head of the maid.

“You are Sera, right?”

“Eh? How do you know?”

He rolled his eyes.

“How else than when I heard it from that old man’s mouth when we met last time?”

“Oh.”

She nodded with an innocent expression.

But her actions were far from innocent looking.

She took the head in her lap and started to put it on her neck.

When he looked at her neck he saw a small indiscernible flame with a pink shade burning inside of it.

He raised an eyebrow at this.

‘Is she all pink?’

Soon she put her head on her head without any problems.

It was as if she was very experienced at putting her head back on her neck…

“So, Sera… Can we talk now ?”

“Oh Yes of course! Take a seat!”

She nodded hurriedly, reminding him of bird pecking.

Sighing in relief that he could finally take a break in this place he went to the chair with kitty and took her into his lap as he sat at the chair.

“Haah.”

He was tired after all that running around.

“Can I ask you a question, sir?”

She was casting a glance at him as she asked this.

“You already did with this one but sure. As long as you answer the mines too.”

He flashed a friendly smile to calm Sera down.

“Oh aha. You are right. Yes. Well, my question is… How did you get here? You were supposed to wait!”

“Wait in that filth?”

“What do you mean by that? I cleaned it up for you!”

She looked offended when he answered her question with his.

This surprised him a lot. Did she clean it up there?

Then he remembered the deer’s words and how she stuffed everything in Berta.

He felt black lines appearing on his forehead.

“Bullshit! If that’s how you clean it is no wonder that this house looks like it will collapse in a few days!”

“Ewww?”

‘Is she really surprised?’

“Tsk, whatever. As to your question. It was Feliria who guided me here.”

He said and nodded in the direction of Feliria who was still sitting in the corner ignored by everyone.

Bickering with her would just be a waste of time.

Just looking at her confused expression he felt like talking to another Feliria.

She is at least easier to talk to, else it would be a catastrophe.

When she heard about it she turned around she saw the dog girl sitting with an expectant expression, her tail wagging.

“Reward!”

Sera didn’t even notice her until he mentioned her and now she was casting a blaming glare at the dog making him feel a little bad.

So he sighed as he explained.

“I promised her that you will reward her once she gets me to her. I mean, I don’t need to wait there, right? After all, I had to wait for clothes, but look, I already have one so I am fine for now.”

She looked back at him and opened her eyes wide as she checked him from the bottom to up.

‘Did she realize just now?’

“I didn’t notice…”

She muttered to herself.

“Wait?!”

Suddenly her eyes opened in horror.

“What now?”

He felt anxiety going up as he saw her panicking like that.

“Did you just say that I will reward her? You didn’t treat her like an animal, right? She will be pissed once she returns to normal.”

When she said that he felt a stone drop inside of his heart.

“Normal?”

“She is a Werewolf! Since she is close to her metamorphosis she is more bestial but after that, she will turn normal.”

She explained in a quivering voice.

He looked at the happy girl with a wagging tail and felt an even bigger urge to escape as soon as possible.

“Well, You still need to give her something or she will bother us, won’t she?”

As he said that Sera sighed knowing it was the truth.

She stood up and went to one of the garbage towers and took one of the things from it.

The entire thing started to sway but fortunately, it didn’t fall.

Sighing in relief she took out a stick.

“Forgive me but I need to talk to the sir. Hopefully, you will understand once you regain yourself. You can play with this.”

At this, she threw the stick in the air. But before it could fall it got suspended hovering several meters above the ground.

Feliria waited with anticipation.

*Swish*

In an instant, the stick disappeared with speed that the young man couldn’t perceive and with it, the dog also disappeared behind the corner.

“Where did we end?”

And so he asked to bring the conversation back to the track.

“Oh yes, where did you get that cloak? I don’t think that there was any in that room. Actually, there is quite a lack of clothing in this place. Yet the cloak you wear belongs here.”

After saying that she looked with narrowed eyes at his cloak. She was suspicious but couldn’t recognize it.

“Hmm, you see it was the fabric covering the mess in the room I stayed in. When I held it in my hand it started to morph and covered my entire body and changed into a cloak.”

“You… What did you say, sir?”

“It started to morph-”

“Not that. Did you just say that this is the fabric I used in that room?”

“Yes?”

“Sir! Why?! Do you know how much it took to organize it all? It took forever!”

The girl sounded as if she wasn’t far from crying after saying that.

So as a gentleman, he wouldn’t mention how much shitty cleaner she is.

“I didn’t have a choice. Feliria tried to barge in and I feared for my life!”

She shook her head at his accusation.

“No, she would never do that.”

“She confessed! She wanted this little one!”

Then to emphasize he took the kitty and lifted it for Sera to see.

“Oh... That would.. make sense actually..”

As she saw the small kitten she realized that Feliria’s instincts could kick in.

“So… What happened afterward?”

She asked with puppy eyes as she stared at him with upturned eyes.

“The wardrobe, Berta I think, barfed everything up and filled the room with garbage.”

With a calm voice, he said.

“Nooo!”

Devastated Sera slumped on the chair. All of that hard work is going to be naught.

“Now we will have to find you another room…”

She muttered to herself

But he didn’t let this comment pass.

“No way. I want to get back home. You guys kidnapped me!”

He clenched his teeth as he thought about the fact that he was taken against his will at this time.

“That is not possible, I fear!”

She didn’t say that they wouldn't let him.

But saying it was impossible.

With confusion and restlessness in his heart, he asked.

“Why?!”

“Currently there is no way to get out of this place. Furthermore, this place is constantly on the move so who knows where we are now.”

He felt the power abandoning his body.

Place you can’t escape from.

While he didn’t believe in her words unconditionally, he knew deep in his heart that it was close to the truth. She didn’t look like someone who could lie.

Even if she was deceiving him with her behavior it wouldn’t be weird that leaving this place would be hard.

In the end, he could only close his eyes to calm himself a little.

Sera who saw this froze and waited with bated breath what he would say next.

“Sigh… Since I answered your questions, now is my turn.”

Again she nodded as if a bird pecked.

“Where is this place and why was I taken here in the first place?”

At this question, she perked up.

She looked like a young girl introducing her home to her friends.

“This place has many names and many titles. It is a land of wonder and mystery laid between the fabrics of reality and spiritual worlds being one of its kind!”

At this, she stood up, put her arms on the hem of her dress, and did curtsy.

“Welcome to the Forgotten Realm of Unknowns.”

The young man felt a little moved after hearing this.

After all, this place was magical and mysterious.

Fortunately, the reality is always disappointing.

Just as she bowed her head the most she had to quickly catch it before it fell off.

Seeing her flustered expression made him wonder if this was how she lived the entire time.

But knowing it wasn’t his business he would rather ask some other questions.

“I see. And why have I even got here? I was just going through the streets and suddenly the tentacles took me.”

And so he asked the question he wondered the most.

“Hmm. That’s because this place chose you as a Housekeeper candidate. That means you will be taking care of us in the future.”

‘I just hope you won’t bring this land to ruin like the last one.’

She still didn’t lose her fear of the future this man could bring.

But she can’t be disrespectful to him since he could take revenge on her in the future.

“Housekeeper? Why would I be a Housekeeper in this wrecked h- place? I have an entire life before me!”

“That’s not true! If not for you being taken away your spirit would probably already dissipate! Your previous clothes probably disappeared because you were a spirit for too long. Once that happens the clothing that is external spiritual energy dissipates first.

I mean, I was knitting you the clothes because of that. Since you were promenading here butt naked!”

Her face was a little red as she said this. It was probably a mix of anger and shame as she was showing him the grotesque attempt at what he thought was probably a jacket or that she saw him naked.

His lips twitched at this.

“I lost my clothes along the way when you guys kidnapped me. In the first place, why are you calling me spirit? I don’t remember dying!”

He tried to calm down. Ever since he was in here he felt his emotions going out of control.

“Eh? That’s impossible! Your spiritual clothes won’t disappear once you are taken into Spirit World unless you wish so! You wouldn’t be taken here as a candidate if you were still alive, you know? You are just delusional, sir! Don’t worry your memory will return someday.”

She wanted to assure him but he felt even worse.

‘Did I really die? But I don’t remember dying at all! I was completely fine before that tentacle took me! I was in college and got scolded by a professor. If I was dead then how would I talk to him? Moreover, I was taking care of a kitt-’

With a blank expression, he looked at the fluff in his lap.

With a sweet expression on its face, it was curled up in a club sleeping without a care about what was happening around her…

8