17 – Cleaning Up
78 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the mess in front of his eyes he knew it would be hard to clean it up. But he didn’t have a choice. If he wants to get home, that is.

“Sera, let’s go. We will help each other, so just call me if you need me.”

He said to Sera who was lagging behind him.

“Y-yes, sir! Also…”

“Hmm?”

When he heard the hesitation in her voice he turned around.

“T-thank you very much for t-the help!  I know that I am clumsy and all but I will be better, I swear! Thank you!”

When she suddenly bowed and started to thank him he felt a little flustered.

As he took a whiff of her smell reminding him of peach he took a step back.

In truth, he was today in contact with women more than he was the entire last month.

Fel knocked him down twice and even licked his face while he had to lift Sera with close contact. It started to build up pressure inside of him and he would rather avoid being embarrassed in front of those girls.

Fortunately, Sera wasn’t doing anything bad. It was Fel who was trying to knock him down consciously.

Like who would enjoy being licked in public places?

Well, several people would be found but that was a minority!

If so, then I would do it in a closed room, at least!

No! That’s not what I meant!

Shaking his head he said with a smile.

“Everyone makes mistakes. Don’t worry about it.”

“Ah, that’s reli- Hyah?!”

Just when she wanted to raise her head with a smile it fell off on the ground and started to roll somewhere.

“...”

Sighing lightly he chose to ignore it and turned to Fel.

“Let’s go Fel. We need your strength with this.”

Fel who was loitering around stopped and turned her head at him with a delighted expression. Her tail also started to move from one side to another stirring all the dust in the room.

“Friend needs help?!”

Ever since he told her they were friends she started to call him such.

“Yeah, yeah, I need your help.”

He agreed with a wry smile as Fel started to run circles around him.

“Woof!”

Sera opened her eyes wide when she saw that.

“You became quite close with Feliria, sir.”

When she brought this up he turned at her and nodded.

“Yeah, Fel helped me a lot. I met several evil entities this morning and one almost got me. If she didn’t help, who knows what would happen to me.”

“Woof!”

Fel straightened herself as she looked smug. Looks like she felt pride in this.

However, Sera turned serious as her face became devoid of the carefree smile she had a few seconds ago.

“Evil entities?”

Seeing the confusion he explained and described in detail his encounters with the multi-hand monster and Black Heart. He also didn’t miss out on other things he saw along the way but those didn’t give off that uncomfortable aura so they were probably of different origin.

“Fel called it a ‘Bad Dream’. Don’t know what to think of that.”

When he concluded his explanation Sera looked surprised. Seeing this reaction of hers he scrunched his face.

‘I guess, that means this isn’t normal, huh.’

“Do you know anything about that? I mean, I don’t want to fear for my life the moment I leave my room…”

*Cough*

“Well… You said you have to sleep right? Did you, by any chance, have some kind of dream during your sleep, sir?”

She asked timidly with apprehension in her eyes. When she asked this he thought for a moment. He usually had dreams but didn’t remember them much. Only vague things remained in his mind.

Thinking hard, he tried to remember. Then, he remembered the light in the window vaguely. He didn’t know the context but it couldn't be any of this house room's window since this place was without light. So it had to be a dream.

“I think so. However, the only thing I remember is the window and the light…”

“Oh no… You had to enter the dream realm of this place… That allowed the nightmares to attack you in reality…”

Seeing his confused face she realized he didn't understand so she explained to him.

“Dream realms are tightly connected with Spirit realms and this place is no exception. The dream you were in was probably this place mirrored in its peak before everything collapsed. However, that place started corroding since the collapse of reality and dreams changed into nightmares. You are lucky, sir. I should have warned you. I didn’t expect this to happen. However, why didn’t you go through the secret passage? They can’t enter that place. It could be said to be the safest way to travel from your room to this one.”

“...”

Black lines started appearing on his forehead. The anger bubbling in his heart was indescribable. However, he could only aim it at himself as he was the one who didn't ask her yesterday. The indignation knowing that he could avoid all of this…

“I… I don’t know the password for the secret passage.”

“Ah-”

Realizing she didn’t tell him made her feel guilty. When he saw her like this he just waved his hand.

“I should ask since I was the one who wanted it. Don’t fuss about it.”

“A-alright.”

She nodded at this with a relieved face.

“By the way, is there an effective way to get rid of those things?”

“Other tenants should have… Not me, though.”

“Then forget it.”

……..

“Looking at all of this, I really wonder what to do with it. I guess we need to first categorize the things before deciding what to do with them, huh.”

He started to take all kinds of things into his arms wondering what use they had and where they belonged. They can’t just dump everything, right?

“Ah, now that I think about it, what do you guys do with trash that should be ridden off?”

After not hearing an answer for a long time, he turned to Sera and saw her in the distance arguing with Fel.

“H-hey, why can’t I call you Fel too? I have known you for a long time… We are friends right?”

“No.”

The face of despair appeared on Sera’s face.

‘No wonder, it takes her so long to do anything if she is so easily distracted.’

His mouth twitched as he watched this comedy in front of him. He calmly went towards her yet she didn’t even notice that he was closing in.

Fel noticed but she didn’t inform him. What a good girl. When he finally got close enough he leaned closer to her and… yelled as loudly as he could.

“Hey! We are in the middle of something!”

“Hyiah!”

Her scream resounded once again. He heard it like ten times today.

“Sorryyy!”

“How do we get rid of trash?!”

He asked again while pointing at the towers all over this place.

“Lot of those things have owners or belong to different rooms so we can’t throw them away… But some things should be feasible. The best way is probably to use the fire pit.”

“Fire pit?”

That’s a new one.

And it sounds incredibly dangerous.

“It is a gigantic hole in the ground that is so hot that everything will melt and turn into ash in it. It is inhabited by Firewyrm. However, it should be safe as long as someone won’t disrupt it.”

‘Firewyrm?’

If he was not wrong then he remembered this word. Or at least part of it. Wyrm was a serpentine dragon, wasn’t it? Or something close to it…

“Is it a dragon?”

“Wyrms are definitely relatives of dragons. This one particularly is extremely dangerous. It is covered in flames and magma and its skin is made of hardened rocks and steel. Only the cracks within that armor show its fire essence that burns even weaker gods.”

“O-oh, I see…”

‘Did I hear it correctly? Gods? What the fuck?!’

He knew that his common sense was broken ever since a fucking house kidnapped him but there was this little hope in his heart that he won’t hear something as ridiculous as the word god.

Gods aren’t good news. No matter what, they are dangerous just by existing. The old stories from Earth also aren’t exactly encouraging. Even the lord of the Bible flooded the entire world for his ‘cleansing’.

‘Hopefully, I won’t see any gods and will leave peacefully.’

Instead of worrying about something that wasn't a problem now, he talked with Sera about the trash.

“So, we can divide things into three main categories. Belongings of tenants, Misplaced items from other rooms, and real trash. Once he gets rid of those we can clean the dust, stains, and other filths of this place.”

Once they concluded this they started.

It would take a long time as there was simply too much of everything but they needed to begin somehow.-

Firstly, he took some big clothes he found. He will take the trash into it, tie it, and throw it into that fire pit.

When he looked at it he remembered the thing that was pretending to be his clothes for a while.

‘Púca, was it?’

It was an interesting creature. He still didn’t know if it had malicious intentions or not. It felt more like it was just enjoying itself.

But he wasn’t sure. He saw it in three forms: cloth, suit, and cat. Only in the cat form it could express itself but not like he could understand. He can’t understand cats, after all.

He checked with Sera if he could use it and once he got permission he started to take things that were obviously broken or looked useless and started to throw them into the makeshift sack. He couldn’t use it for big items but for those he could take later. Now, taking them would cause the collapse of the towers of junk as they were at the bottom.

*Boom*

Suddenly, the sound of something collapsing behind resounded.

Turning around he saw Fel holding on some kind of bone.

Seeing her wanting to bite into it he hurriedly stopped her.

“Stop! It’s filthy!”

“Eh?!”

She stopped but the look of reluctance on her face told him everything.

“I know it looks good and all but it is just old-”

“What?! That’s the divine white tiger’s bone! How did it get here?!”

Sera who just got closer exclaimed as she stared at the bone.

“...”

She took it out of Fel’s hands and looked it up.

“With this, we could-”

But before she could finish whatever she wanted to say it fell off her hand and rushed straight at the young man. There was no time to avoid so he could only stare in stupor.

Fortunately, it didn’t crash at him. Instead, the little kitten who was still leisurely lying in his pocket and was being quiet all the time finally announced her presence and jumped out.

“Wait!”

The moment it jumped out it touched the bone and started shining in very bright white light.

As it was too unbearable to look at, he had to turn around as even closing his eyes didn’t help.

After a while, when the light dissipated he turned around only to see that the bone was still there. It was just less shiny.

On the other hand, the kitten… didn’t look as much like a kitten anymore. It still looked the same but it seemed as if it was a few months older.

“Kitty… No, I really can’t call you that anymore, can I?”

*Meow*

He took her in the arms again and looked into her eyes.

*Growl*

Fel who saw the bone she wanted to be wasted glared at the cat while growling. He tried to soothe the girl.

“D-don’t worry, Fel! I will make up for it for you! The bone wasn’t worth it! It was old and probably wouldn’t taste good!”

When she saw her friend try to defend the kitten she snorted but at least she stopped growling and went to explore again.

“Phew…”

He could only sigh in relief.

However, Sera also looked less happy when she took the bone into her arms.

“It is a shame…”

“What did you want to do with it?”

“The bone had a lot of the essence of the tiger left. If I gave it to the gravekeeper she could try to revive it. Well… It still has little essence but it would take much longer…”

‘Another tenant, huh? And Gravekeeper at that. He doesn’t know for what reason this place needs one but it isn’t really good news for him…’

“You knew this cat could do this?”

Sera asked him curiously as she looked at the cat in his arms.

“No… How could I? Maybe the house was aware since the cat was originally the Housekeeper candidate?”

He said it out loud as he awaited any reaction from the house but was ignored.

“Haah… Well, at least I know how to call you from now on, kitty. This dark place is devoid of light yet you shine pretty frequently… Seeing that you have grown so much already it also seems you will have a bright future whatever it will be. With this hope in my heart as well, I give you a name.. Nova”

Nodding with satisfaction, he thought he had chosen a pretty good name. She was his little shiny star plus it had several meanings. Genius!

*Meow*

Nova meowed again and her fur started to shine.

“Again? You lived up to your name as soon as I gave it to you, huh?”

Nova also grew a notch. She was now as big as any normal cat. With beautiful white fur and blue and amethyst eyes.

‘Huh?’

This was the first time he noticed that her eye had changed.

But he attributed it to the bone and let it be.

“Wait, it didn’t have a name yet?!”

Sera exclaimed with wide-open eyes.

“Yeah. It was newborn.”

He could only shrug at that. Didn’t she realize since he called it kitty?

“You see, names have quite a big meaning. If I knew I would tell you. Fortunately, you gave it such a meaningful name that it even evolved!”

“Evolved?”

“Yes! Spirits usually need a long time growing but giving a name can give it a boost. It also changes its essence with the meaning.”

When she explained this to him he noticed that while clumsy she was quite knowledgeable.

“You know a lot, huh?”

When she heard this she turned red for a moment. Moments later, a sheepish voice was heard.

“I read a lot.”

‘Of course, what else to do here when you are alone in such a big place? I would turn crazy.’

At that moment, he felt quite pity towards the innocent girl in front of him. Others were also quite pitiful.

………

After this incident, they continued cleaning the place.

Nova didn’t fit into my pocket anymore and it didn’t even try to.

It licked him as a form of thanks for naming it and then ran away.

He wanted to run after it but Sera stopped him while comforting him.

With the energy she burst off, she should be fine. Furthermore, the nightmares won’t attack her since she wasn’t one to dream of that place.

In truth, she was now safer alone than with him.

That quite disheartened him. He tried to argue with the fact that it was young and stupid but Sera assured him that since it was a Housekeeper candidate, the house itself would guide it and help a little when needed.

While still sad, it at least alleviated his worry and he could continue his work.

He found many interesting things.

A doll with a smiling face. Which was definitely looking at him with a murderous gaze. So he slowly put it away. He feared that if he tried to throw it away his entire life would be cursed.

Next, he found a cracked mirror. He thought it was garbage and wanted to throw it away but the image of himself in the mirror moved on its own. Again he slowly put it down.

“Oh?”

What he found next was an old book.

It was made out of leather at first sight and was quite thick.

Wondering what it was about, he tried to read it.

Surprisingly, he understood it despite not knowing any of the symbols. This made him notice one thing. He was speaking in who knows which language when he was here. This realization made him almost let go of the book.

But it made sense. Why would Sera and others know about any language from Earth?

“Sera?”

So he wanted to ask Sera who seemed to know a lot.

“Yeah?”

From a distance, Sera who was looking for trash heard him and answered back.

“Why can I understand you and even read when I don’t even know which language I am speaking?”

Hearing this she giggled. That made him confused.

“You noticed quite late, didn’t you, sir? What you are speaking in is called Spirit Language. It is because you entered the Spirit Realm. This language is mostly standard everywhere and you will speak it automatically when you become a spirit or you are in the Spirit Realm. However, you will lose the ability if you return or regain your body. That is unless you learn it for real. I can speak in this language and it took a long time as it is quite hard.”

When she said this he felt a little ashamed and turned red. He didn’t think about it as he was too preoccupied with the fact that he was living in a house. But if he didn’t have this book in his hands he wouldn’t notice it even by now.

“I see. Thanks!”

“No problem!”

When she turned to do her thing again, he once again looked at the book.

‘What book is it anyway?’

Before he didn’t read the title entirely as he got his sudden realization.

But maybe it would be for the better if he didn’t read it.

‘Orc’s Story: How I Got Raped Repeatedly Sexually Harassed By Elven Knightess.

“...”

5