19 – Taming a Wolf
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while of wrestling with Fel on the ground, the situation finally calmed down. Unfortunately, his face was once again violated and was dripping with saliva…

With black lines on his forehead, he turned to the unruly beast and berated her.

“Damn it, I told you not! That is not something good girls do!”

“Friend, friend, friend!”

However, the scoldings he had for her fell on deaf ears. She was running a circle around him while humming the word ‘friend’.

With a roll of his eyes, he stood up and wiped his face. After that, he looked at Sera who was hiding behind her hands. His expression turned strange seeing this.

“What are you doing?”

“Eh?! No, nothing, sir!”

She suddenly started to wave her arms around trying to play it down but it was so obvious that he didn’t know how to feel at the moment.

‘Do you think I was born yesterday?’

Despite this, he didn’t care much about this. Instead, he turned his attention to the dog running around with a fierce expression. During this short conversation with Sera, this mutt bumped into him at least three times without a care!

“Fel, stop!”

With a yell, he ordered the lass who seemed to have the moment of her life.

Unfortunately, she completely ignored him and continued jumping around with a joyous face.

“Fun! Friend!”

He really had to calm this girl down else who knows what she would do to him in the future.

His face’s expression darkened as he looked at her playing while throwing his around as some kind of toy.

In the end, he didn’t wait for her to calm down and just reached at her with his hand.

Of course, if she really wanted to dodge he wouldn’t have a chance to touch her. Thankfully, she didn’t think too much when seeing him reaching out for her. Moreover, she deep down thought he was too weak to do something with her. Which was the truth.

What she didn’t expect was that he didn’t want to stop her forcefully. What he wanted was just a simple squeeze.

“Agh?!”

She squealed and her body writhed on the ground.

A glossy and bushy tail that he had an urge to touch ever since he saw it was finally felt by his hand.

The delight, however, was short-lived as Fel stiffened after the initial squeeze, and with a face full of disbelief she looked at him. When their sight connected he saw emotions going through her mind as she was processing what happened.

It was also the first time he saw her panic so much.

It was a amusing sight to him.

Her mouth was wide open enough for even an egg to fit and her cheeks seemed flushed.

‘So even you can feel shame?’

He thought smugly seeing this kind of expression. But he didn’t have time to enjoy this sight as he noticed something else.

He saw how the muscles in her arms and legs tensed up and her body seemed to be ready for lunging.

Where? Well, probably at him.

‘Damn, I forgot that doing something like this could be counterproductive!’

In a split second, his mind gave him two options.

Let go of the tail and hope she will not jump at him.

Or.

Squeeze it once again!

With determination in his eyes, he chose the second option!

‘If I back down now, she will take revenge on me and my point will be lost! This punishment would then be meaningless!

And so, he did it as he stared into her eyes and made a small smirk trying to make the impression of having everything under control.

“Hyiah?! Friend! Bad!”

Her legs buckled up as she yelled at him in indignation.

But he was prepared. He let go of her tail and looked around for the best shield to hide behind.

As most of it was just garbage his attention quickly turned to the thing that should be able to withstand the fury of Feliria, the mutt.

‘She said she has the full-body armor underneath, right? Even if Fel becomes a little rough she should be fine…’

So as the most manly of the men, he ran towards the woman he deemed as hopeless a few minutes ago.

If Fel was in a normal state she wouldn’t let him go so easily but now she felt no strength in her limbs as she growled at him while her tail was wagging.

“What are you doing, sir?”

He, who sprinted those few meters and hid behind Sera, whispered in her ear.

“Be my shield, Ms. Dullahan Sera!”

“Ah?!”

Before she could answer, a shadow loomed over her as Fel lunged at her.

The battle of the Titans began.

“Sir, You douchebag!”

For the first time, Sera who was as timid as she was gentle pouted at him as she berated him.

“Hahahahah!”

He didn’t know why but he had a sudden urge to laugh and giggle. How long was it when he actually felt such fun? Just this morning he was in a life-threatening situation, yet here he was, smiling and laughing with people he barely knew.

Seeing Sera defending herself in panic against the rowdy Fel who seemed to be happy to play. He sat down at the closest thing and watched the ordeal in front of him with a curve at the corner of his mouth.

“Why did you do this? Mou…!”

After Fel was finally satisfied Sera could finally sigh in relief. But before she did that she turned to the culprit who did this.

“What if my maid uniform got torn?! I wouldn’t be able to be a maid anymore!”

Hearing this he scratched his head. He felt a little guilty.

“Sorry. I thought you would be able to withstand it just fine. It’s my fault.”

In truth, his deduction wasn’t out of the question. While she wobbled around and her head almost fell a few times she held against Fel fine. At least, when she was in playing mode.

“Mou… I will accept your apology for now… But why did you even do that?”

“Woo! Yeah!”

Even Fel who was now heavily breathing with an open mouth with tongue hanging out asked together with Sera.

“It’s punishment!”

But he was not surprised and in a second gave him an agenda for doing this.

Punishing your pet when it does bad things is normal. If you do a bad job it will just gradate until it becomes out of control.

Which Fel definitively is.

There could be three reasons for that.

Either nobody cares which wouldn’t be surprising.

Another reason could be that Fel was simply too strong for anyone to interfere. That wouldn’t be surprising either.

And the last is… That Fel would be extremely furious once she regained her wits.

Sera already told him that Fel is like that because of her condition and that she will be like a normal person when she gets better.

He thought about being good to her and treating her with dignity so she won’t have reason to whoop his ass later.

However, he realized that this was not a good idea. If he lets her do whatever she wants then who knows in which state he will end up in before she turns ‘normal’.

Dogs must be trained as dogs.

Thinking like this he was determined to tame this wild beast.

If she will be furious later?

Fine by him. He doesn’t know her when she is in that state but if she really tries something then he will politely explain to her how big of a sex offender she is and that she needs a fucking leash!

Do you think that just because I don’t have a girlfriend I would appreciate you jumping on me and licking my face?! Hell no!

If even that won’t work then he needs some shields like Sera did just now.

As he thought like this, Sera's face looked at him in horror.

“W-why?”

She seemed to be completely flabbergasted from hearing this new information. And not in a good way.

But it is not like he could blame her. She already warned him before that once Fel turns normal she will remember that she was treated like a dog.

But that is where she is wrong!

Or at least he believes so.

“Why? Because of this thought process, she is like this. No repercussions for the actions that make one bolder!”

“I understand that but…”

“No, but! If she really becomes more civilized later on then she should be more civil then too!” That means she should understand that we needed to take some control over her! There is no other option! You also suffered over the time here in this place when she was playing around right?”

When he said this Sera stopped and looked dazed as she stared at the confused so-called wolf who didn’t understand what they talked about.

Seeing her pink brows unperceivable twitching from time to time he guessed that he was right. After all, she was one who wanted to rebuild this place to its former glory, or how she said it. But if the playful devil destroys everything then there would be no progress.

“I guess you are right…”

When she finally gave in and agreed with him his toothy smile showed up as he felt complacent.

“If you agree then you should help me even if it's a little.”

After all of this, he made an offer. He reached his hand for a handshake and with a smile he tried to make her nod at this. He didn’t think whether she would do a good or bad job. What he cared about was that he would have someone to hold the fort once Fel got her wits. It is much easier to persuade someone with two people rather than just one.

“D-do I really need to, sir?”

She looked quite desperate. However, the desperation didn’t seem to stem from the fear of Fel’s fury. It felt like she just didn’t want to have conflict with any other tenants. And he understood that sentiment. He himself wasn’t someone to actively argue with someone.

However…

Now that this action became his best interest he knew he needed to do it. Moreover, he already treated her as a dog way before he knew she would turn normal in the future. So for him, there was no option from the beginning.

“You don’t need to. I won’t force you since I have no such desire or power to do so. But you should know that if we really tame her and then persuade her later there will be much fewer problems for us in the future when we bring this place to order!”

He said this with sincerity. If he wants to become a Housekeeper then he needs help from others. And Sera is right now the most important candidate in his opinion.

“Ah… Well… You are probably right. Alright! We will tame her, sir!”

Sera, who was still hesitant a little before, changed her mind after hearing what he had to say.

She lifted her clenched fist and waved with it as she declared that we would tame Fel together.

”Woof? Tame? Not a dog! Wolf!”

However, Fel, who was still listening, started to growl at them when she heard that they wanted to tame her.

“What? Do you hate it? Then hate it! We will not do anything to tame you! But! I am revoking your claim of the title of being a good girl!”

He pointed his finger at her while declaring this. He was not going to lie, it felt kinda embarrassing to say this with a straight face but man does what he needs to do.

So far, only being a ‘good girl’ was a thing that was crucial in her mind. Something he could leverage against her.

“Wha-?! Woof! I am a good girl!”

Angry, she lunged at him and.. bit him in the leg!

“Aaagh! Stop it, for god's sake! This is not what good girls do! Sera is compared to you the best girl this house ever had!”

When she heard this she stopped to pull at his leg and looked resentfully at Sera who was trying with her flustered visage to stop Fel from biting his leg.

“Ah? What?!”

However, when he mentioned her and thus dragged her into this dire situation she didn’t know what to do.

“You want to steal? I am a good girl!”

Fel started to growl as she looked with animosity at Sera who always had a good relationship with her.

Seeing Sera’s agitated expression he knew that he had to calm Fel and give her his explanation.

“Fel. Tell me who are you? Dog or Wolf?”

When she heard this she turned around with a frown.

“Didn’t I say? I am a wolf!”

With a puffed-up chest, she sat down at all of her four and stared at him.

“Then who do you think is a good girl? Dog or wolf?”

When he said this her proud face froze and then scrunched up.

“Well of course… Wolf?”

With a shake of his head, he said playfully.

“How could a wolf be a good girl? They are untamed and wild and would never listen to anyone except the leader of their pack!”

Fel’s face turned puzzled. Sera also looked questioningly at him wondering what he wanted to do by saying this.

“Then… a dog?”

When Fel corrected herself he nodded with a smile.

“Bingo! So now I will ask you again. Are you a wolf or dog?”

“Woof! Wolf!”

He once again shook his head as if sad that she got it wrong once again.

“If you are a wolf then how can you be a good girl..? Those two are completely incompatible with each other and you could be only one of those. So my next question is… Are you…”

He looked her right into the eyes before he finished his sentence.

“A wolf or good girl?”

After saying this Fel was completely flabbergasted. Maybe because she never cared to really think about it or she just didn’t want to listen to anyone she never thought deeply about this. He always wondered why she wanted to be called a good girl while also calling herself a wolf.

Maybe someone who was taking care of her and raised her to think like that. Or maybe she reached this conclusion after some event in the past.

He doesn’t really know that much to judge but he knew that wolves were never known for being good girls or boys. They are greedy killers. Of course, that is instinct to survive and they can be friendly on some occasions even to other animals. Most importantly, they can still be tamed. That’s what humans on Earth did. They tamed them and after generations of evolution, they turned into dogs.

So he just guessed that if she really hates the idea of being a dog then he could just tame her as a wolf!

Do you want to be a wolf? Then so be it! I will still tame you as my ancestors did!

“ I… I am wo- no, I am goo-”

Fel who heard his question was completely confused and didn’t know how to answer. She even stopped caring about herself being angry and just looked lost as her mind wandered.

Sera looked at her worryingly wanting to interfere but he stopped her and with a hand gesture calmed her down. With this, only one last step was enough for him to finish his plan.

It was not some intricate plan that was thought out in very deep. But he believed that there was no need for such as the target of the plan was a simple person herself.

“Now that I said all of this you suddenly realized that not everything is so simple, huh?”

Looking at the pitiful girl with her ears and tail down he felt the guilt creep into his heart once again. Fortunately, this should be solved soon.

“What if I say that there is a chance to be both? You can be a wolf and a good girl at the same time!”

Her eyes started to shine at this as she asked for confirmation.

“You not lying, friend?!”

Her tail slowly moved as her excitement rose.

“Yeah. There is one simple solution for this. Do you remember me saying that wolves listen only to their leader?”

Sera got flustered seeing an evil smirk showing on his face not knowing whether to believe him or not.

“Yes?!”

Fel, on the other hand, didn’t think too deeply about it and answered him albeit with a question in her mind.

“And when is someone a good girl?”

She frowned and thought hard. When he thought he needed to guide her a little more her eyes shined with realization.

“When they eat- I mean, listen!”

“...”

‘Now I am curious. What the heck did she want to say…’

But he didn’t show the doubt on his face at all as he smiled with arms spread wide open.

“Correct! That means that it is time for little Fel to find her own pack!”

Silence fell upon the room as Sera looked at him with an open mouth while Fel tilted her head in confusion.

“Pack?”

“Yes.”

Fel closed in on him as she stood up on her two legs and stooped face to face with squinted eyes.

“You want to form a pack, friend?”

‘Crucial part began… If I say something wrong it could end badly.’

“Yes. However, if you don’t like your friend to the extent of making a pack then you can choose someone else. You've known Sera here for a long time, right?”

With this, he showed his interest while not giving her the feeling of forcing her into a pack and giving her the choice of selecting her pack members.

“And you want to be a leader?”

“Yes. You cannot be a leader.”

He said this with confidence despite her oppressive aura when she was just a few centimeters in front of his face. While she was forceful sometimes it was not because of something important. She was just a stubborn and spoiled dog. The one that expects to be spoiled even more by others.

Leaders wouldn’t care about something stupid as being a good body or girl.

“But you my friend.”

“I can be your friend even then… You just need to listen to my orders when I command you…!”

However, after saying that his forehead was covered with sweat. After all, there were so many things that could go wrong. If she wasn’t his so-called friend he wouldn’t even dare to say half of the things he said here. But he believed that even if Fel didn’t agree she still wouldn’t harm him. Even when she bit him it didn’t draw blood. She was gentle and-

“Ugh?!”

“Hiya?!”

She lunged at him and bit him in the neck with force big enough that he felt the blood trickling down. Sera didn’t have time to react as Fel jumped so suddenly and he couldn’t even process what happened…

‘Ugh…Did I make a mistake?’

3