Chapter 64 – Devilish Ants!
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tim was in a lot of trouble, for multiple reasons, and on top of that, he also felt incredibly disturbed! He noticed that unlike any other insects that he had seen before, these ants that were attacking him, had feet!

Now of course these feet weren't as full and as detailed as the feet of a human's, but it was disturbing enough nonetheless, when he saw that their legs bent outwards near the very tip of their legs, it was odd. These red bellied ants had feet, each and everyone of them, and he didn’t know how to feel about that. On top of feeling disturbed, he was irritated as well.

“This is why they run around so fucking fast,” He thought, and then pouted. “Why didn't I get a pair of flappy feet? I need a pair. They sure as hell would've gotten me out of that sand quicker, I almost died there!”

There was a lot to think about here, however, he didn’t have the luxury to pause and complain about things, not for long, at least. Tim was still being hunted by these ants, regardless of how he killed one of their friends. That aside, he had also set the grass around him ablaze, and on a hot and sunny day, this was the dumbest thing to do!

Tim was just a little spider, so when the fire picked up in volume, he felt as if he was stuck between a bunch of huge, burning skyscrapers! There had also been a tiny amount of dry hay lying around within the grass, and this hay managed to expand the fire drastically. With all of that considered, he was in no position to idle around!

Tim dashed through the grass, as fast as he could, and just hoped that he wouldn’t run into any other insects along the way. This was the best he could do, he could only run. When Tim shapeshifted into a spider, he had imagined that other insects would be really easy to kill, but he was mistaken. Much like any other human, he hadn’t expected to run into gigantic ants, he couldn’t have predicted that.

It took a lot of effort to kill these ants too. Tim had to set all of the grass around him to a blaze, in order to hurt and or kill them. The tagalong risk factors were intense, he almost died himself, and the damage he caused wasn’t significant either. He ‘sedated’ some of his attackers for good, yes, but the damage he caused wasn't nearly enough.

The system confirmed this, as she added. [You’ve successfully killed three devilish ants. Typically this kind of kill wouldn’t get you any points at all, on the count of how insignificant these ants are, but since these ants were exceptionally powerful for their species, your cumulative reward for killing them is twenty system points. Congratulations!]

What the system said, would’ve been good news if Tim had the tactical advantage in this situation, but he didn’t. He was running for his life, and so far, he only killed as many ants as he could, that amount being just three; He couldn’t wipe all of them out at once, no.

The danger he was in wasn't going to end anytime soon, and such life-threatening danger wasn’t worth twenty points, definitely not. Tim didn’t care about the reward, and instead, he’d be far happier if he wasn’t dodging flaming bits of grass right now, he'd be over the moon!

Furthermore, he thought to himself. “I killed a couple of big bad bullies, huh? Big deal, this isn't a high school drama damn it, and I'm not trying to be a hero. This is bullshit!”

Tim thought so, but in actuality, he was dedicated to kill his opponents as quickly as possible, he had to kill them all, regardless of how many disadvantages he had. He was running away from danger, yes, but he didn’t even have to face his opponents in order to harm them.

Eight legs came in handy, that was a simple fact. He slowed down once in a while, and shot fireballs out of his hindlegs, just for the grand purpose of setting everything to a blaze! He was stoked when he realized that he could shoot fire out of his hindlegs, as it was advantageous, and he found it a bit funny too, but those legs served their purpose. He created wall after wall of fire for the enemies to run into!

Tim created a hostile environment, even at the expense of his own safety, but damn did this method work well. Those devilish ants were big and scary, yes, but they weren't so smart, so they kept running into the fiery grass, and died along the way. He killed more ants than he had initially counted.

The system helped him realize that, as at some point she announced. [Congratulations, you killed 12 more devilish ants. Since those ants were equally huge and powerful as the last few ants that you killed, you get a decent reward, 80 more system points, to be exact. It's not the greatest amount of system points, but you just killed a bunch of ants, after all, it isn't anything worth mentioning in a tavern.]

“Right,” He nodded along, but in actuality he couldn’t care less about the points.

Tim was just happy that he escaped such radiant danger in one piece. He had seemingly killed all of those vicious ants too, so he felt more than relieved as he crawled away from the fiery grass!

The system was equally indifferent to what the other had to say, so she shamelessly spammed another notification in front of his eyes. It wasn't like anyone could stop her.

[You've accumulated a total of 2,263 system points, congratulations!] She said.

“Yeah yeah,” He sighed, and also added. “It's not like I'm gonna buy any upgrades anytime soon, I'm a spider.”

The system didn't bother to argue with him, which was a blessing in disguise, because he could focus his attention on the world around him more, rather than getting distracted by her. He had to pay attention, because even though he made a good distance away from the huge fire, he still hadn't escaped danger entirely.

Tim climbed on top of a flower, in order to observe the surroundings better. While he was up there, he saw a bundle of creatures, who looked a lot like fireflies. Except, there was one problem, fireflies weren't supposed to be out and about in the middle of the day. Even if they were, would anyone really notice the light that they emitted from their tiny bum? Their light shouldn't be so radiant!

“Ah shit,” Tim panicked, once he noticed that the ‘fireflies’ were heading his way!

1