Chapter 4
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, it was official now. The vacation intended for us to prepare for the upcoming chaos got cut short instead by more chaos that somehow no one knows anything about at all and it just decides to come to me specifically. Typical.

 

Haaah, and to think I once upon a time I dreamed of just having a Pokémon journey like everyone else, but in hindsight, with a dirtbag of a sperm donor like my father, I don’t think it would have ever been possible.

 

Seriously, screw Giovanni and his stupid mafia organization of Team Rocket and his ‘grand’ plans. That accursed hellhole of an organization gave me a miserable childhood surrounded by lowlifes who were more than willing to abuse you for a slight bit of fun in their sorry lives, and If it wasn’t for the fact that Red, the now elusive champion of Kanto, hadn’t managed to one up me on beating his sorry behind and turning his precious organization into a pale shadow of its former self, I may have still been stuck in that spiral of misery.

 

Unfortunately, the always seemingly away champion didn’t seem to have walloped my ‘father’ hard enough, because that scumbag somehow managed to weasel out of his crimes by being the cockroach that he is as he went into hiding while somehow keeping his name clean despite the chaos the whole situation of a young kid wrecking a criminal organization apart in public was.

 

If it wasn’t for the fact that the scumbag crime lord was basically a complete ghost now, I would be hunting him down at this very moment, ending that accursed organization that had been the time of my nightmares.

 

No matter how many rocket cells I manage to eliminate, they always just seem to recover, over and over, no matter how much I try to kick it down, and I bet my everything it’s because of HIM that kept making the cursed thing come back.

 

And oh, I did try to kick it the thing, every time I catch even a sniff of them, but they always manage to come back, no matter how many times I try to burn it all down.

 

Heck. The Viridian Pokémon gym in Kanto Is still under his name somehow despite being deserted for who knows how long now, which at this point may as well just be a generator for rocket activity that without me having any real evidence of connecting the gym to Team Rocket, I can’t reasonably deal with unless I want the Kanto region enforcement league on my tail.

 

The only good things to have really come out of that time were my stupidly loyal friends Mephis and Aurora, the harsh ace operative training sessions, and good amount of savings from overly large allowances that my stupid father apparently kept for looks just make the public think I was being pampered, because apparently, just disowning me would have just been too much of a PR nightmare for him.

 

Sometimes, I still wonder how it all would have eventually turned if I hadn’t had that one faithful moment of meeting Uxie, turning my life into the rollercoaster that it was now.

 

“My Scarf is almost ready!?” I turn my head behind me in reaction to the loud upright cry of Livis who currently seemed to be conversing with Merry while Livis herself was riding on Aurora’s back as the green dinosaur kept with his protective drive with our now smallest member ever since our newest addition became official.

 

The walking cactus of our crew was keeping up the walking pace next to Aurora as she typed on her keyboard and soon said,” Yes, the scarf itself has already been crafted, but it’s going to still need the esoteric functions working on it, so it still needs the finishing touches before we can give it to you. Hope you are going to like it, I put a lot of effort into it 😊”

 

“Yay!” Comes out a childish yet adorable yell and unbalancing the riding Livis who Aurora had to resettle on his back with a green vine before Livis’s enthusiasm managed to drop her off.

 

She had gotten quite into all of this once she realized she was going to finally get some actual combat training that she had so desired since coming to us in the first place and had been in high spirits for basically the whole day by now.

 

As this was technically considered somewhat on duty now, each of us except for our newest member were wearing our snow-white colored rescue team scarfs with our team mark being a large backwards Я colored in a soft blue that had had a thin, slick curvy design to it.

 

You might be thinking that looks a bit too much like the symbol of Team Rocket, which is a basic Red R with the rest of the clothing covered in black, and yes, it is in fact intentional.

 

I’m not only going to utterly destroy them, but also make sure that whenever someone sees a symbolic R, I’m going to make people think of us rather than them. Absolute deletion of their existence from everyone’s memory, proof checked by Uxie.

 

Also turns out that it is a great way to find more of them to dispose of. You would be surprised how many idiots in that organization drop their disguise when they see the mark.

 

… Admittedly we probably should tell Merry, and I guess now our newest member about that intentional connection and the miserable parts of my past to the rest of the team, but I do not want to burden them with baggage that doesn’t involve them. This is mine and Mephis’ fight, and we will see it finished, even if Aurora is already over it.

 

As we finally arrived at our destination, a wide-open meadow with plenty of marks, scars and signs covering the field from our previous exchanges.

 

It actually did take some time to clean up the place to be big enough for our spar’s way back, having to even pull some trees to make it look as it does now.

 

As we approach the wide-open grassy meadow with multiple circular points around the field with mostly void of the grass, I direct livis as I shout, “Livis! move to that position please” while pointing at one of those the circular spots mostly void of grass further away from us.

 

On the way, I dropped the large sack I had been carrying the whole trip as I placed it next to the large pile of rocks at the edge of the wide-open meadow, the stones being something we collected to use either as targets or markers for our various exercises.

 

“You two, with me.” I say to the Pokémon still with me who follows at my side as we walk in front of our new understudy Livis who was patiently standing on the specified mark.

 

I begin this session with a somewhat authoritative tone as I say, “Now then Livis, we are going to be assessing your abilities the best we can while you can get familiar with ours during this session.”

 

“We already talked a bit about this before and during the trip here, but as this technically is our first official Team exercise with you, I feel I should make it as clear as possible as to what exactly you are signing yourself into here as clearly as possible just to make sure you are sure of this as this isn’t for everyone, especially the ones who value their safety. So, sit down as this is going to take a bit.”

 

I watch as Livis looked like I had just said something dumb considering just how much she had been looking forward to finally learning to beat stuff up, but follows my order to sit down anyways as I begin explaining our organization:

 

“As you probably already understood well enough considering your enthusiasm, we are Rescue team Righteous, which Is part of an organization called the Swords of Justice, led by the Guildmaster Cobalion and the submasters Virizion and Terrakion.”

 

With each given name, Aurora showed our resident Digimon a drawn image from his tablet of each of the respective quadrupedal leaders, first being the fighting/steel stoic looking light blue goat with a spiky tail white fur covering his neck and orange horns on its head, the second being the Grass/fighting graceful looking green deer with long curved horns and a pink-tipped leaf growing from its neck, and lastly the rock/fighting the sturdy looking ox with a mostly looking grey body mixed with some orange with sharp curved down horns and a line of spikes on its forehead.

 

I continue as she listens patiently as her ears twitch at my voice, “Our organization’s objective is to follow the creeds of helping, saving, rescuing and aiding whoever needs it, even if it means getting into very dangerous situations, and to bring hope to those who need it the most in a desperate situation. We make sure that weakness is never a sin, and make sure to protect anyone regardless of whoever or whatever they are from the dangers that the world threatens them with and from those who believe otherwise and wish to abuse their power to harm those who had done nothing wrong.”

 

Livis had what I, as a self-proclaimed Pokémon expressions expert, would only best describe as a complex mix of sadness and determination from her expression as I continue my explanation:

 

“Our organization’s crew is split into 5 distinct ranks and you, as a trainee, albeit still unofficially, are currently placed in the lowest of them, the rookie rank, which you get either by creating a new team or by joining an existing one with their approval."

 

"A rookie member will mostly only do safe odd-jobs as most of them are either being trained or preparing for their assessment test to rise to the next rank. in short, you are not expected to face any dangers or cause major repercussions if you manage to fail a mission.”

 

“what’s an assessment test?” Livis asks me in a polite tone, seemingly wanting me to sate her curiosity.

 

I was about give an answer to her, but I heard Aurora to my right typing with three miniature vines and while the device was held upright with a larger fourth one.

 

He very quickly finishes writing his message and says, “An assessment test is used to judge if you are an individual are capable of facing the issues of the aforementioned rank would ask of you. This includes testing your individual combat ability, your teamwork and coordination skills, and your ability to assess situations and defuse threats. Basically, the goal is to assess anything that would be assumed of you when dealing with a crisis or a mission with possibly lives on the line and making sure that you are prepared for the responsibility the rank asks of you.”

 

The little rabbit nods at the green dinosaur in appreciation before signing me to continue.

 

“While rookie is considered a preparatory rank, Bronze is the first rank with actual work and responsibilities."

 

"As a bronze rank team, you are expected to be able to be to assist with any crisis situations where you should not be in danger yourself, things like helping others in a crisis area where the actual source of the crisis is already dealt with, and being able to handle problems that a common 2-3 badge trainers team could handle, so mostly your job would be to deal with issues anyone higher on the ladder would be an absolute overkill for.”

 

“I have heard about things about the badges every now and then, but I never really completely understood it what they exactly meant or did, can you explain it to me?” Asks Livis to fill some of her still many blank spots of her information.

 

And being very used to her lack of common sense of our world by now, I answer question as seriously as I can as I answer, “Well, badges are what the gym leaders provide to the aspiring Pokémon’ trainers with each badge becoming increasingly harder to gain as the gym’s ramp up their challenge depending on the number of badges the challenger already has.

 

This effort and work are all for the for the goal of trainer’s and Pokémon to chasing their dreams of becoming the best and proving the rest world of that in the Prestigious League conference held once a year as challengers from all across to world, enter them in order to claim their dreams.”

 

“Did you ever enter that competition? I do remember you mentioning that you are a trainer Silver, and from what I experienced and saw, A LOT of people here seemed to be interested in these badges. Were you as well?” She asks as she looks at me with eyes filled with curiosity.

 

I answer her question, trying my best to avoid mentioning some of the reasons for it I simply do not wish to burden her with our past issues, “Well, we reached around four badges before we sort of…. realized that none of us actually truly enjoyed it, so we stopped at that and went to pursue other goals.”

 

“If you are curious just how we would fare in those competitions now by estimate, the rest of the explanation should cover that so just be a little patient. Not to mention the fact that we intend to spar today, so you get to see us in action as well.”

 

Seemingly satisfied and now curious to hear the rest of my explanation, she nods at me and proceeds to sign at me to continue which I oblige as I continue, “For Silver rank, your team is expected to be an active participant in a mid-level crisis scenario which is generally a classification for missions that are considered hazardous to your life.

 

Combat- skill wise you are expected to deal with what a 4-6 badge trainer would be estimated to manage while also being able to coordinate with others to deal with the actual threats. An example would be dealing with an angry Ursaring with the help of others silver and gold ranked teams which is the rank above silver.”  I say ask Aurora to show her an image of the aforementioned bipedal bear with a ring around its stomach.

 

Seriously, screw some of those bears, few of them have some serious anger issues and a greed for food so massive that it causes the rest of the forest to fear the next coming winter. Seriously, what are they even going to do with stack of berries that would make a dragon jealous just how large their hoard is sometimes. You ain’t ever going to eat all of them before they rot, so please leave some for the rest of the population, pretty please, furry scalpers….

 

Continuing my explanation, I say, “Next is the previously mentioned gold rank, which in all honesty in terms of duties is almost the same as silver, except instead of having around three silver teams deal with an angry Ursaring, your team is expected to handle the previously mentioned Ursaring on your own, with your skill estimation in terms of badges rising to all eight badges which would let you enter the prestigious conference, but the rank does not expect to you perform well in there and expect your performance to be that of an average first-timer for the conference.”

 

I took a deep breath as the next was going to be a bit longer and bit more personal, I say with some extra focus on the next part.

 

“Now then, we reach the rank that we, team Righteous are currently sitting at, The platinum rank. Platinum Is the lowest rank that is expected to join any threats dealing with legendaries regardless of the expected danger. “

 

“Even if the job was expected to be easy, messing the job badly when dealing with a legendary could have catastrophic consequences thus making any mission involving them by default a high rank Crisis. This is why anyone lower in rank is simply not considered for those problems because of that chance of even miniscule chance of failure and its horrible consequences, no matter how stupid the mission actually is.”

 

No, no. I do not wish to be assigned to be the love counselor for the lord of nightmares Darkrai again as his small, twisted, thrill seeking, horror loving girlfriend, flying aloof pink feline of a Mew has another case of finding his nightmares boring again as he starts spreading those ‘boring’ nightmares around the neighborhood as practice, spreading his woes for the rest of us to deal with if I do not figure out a fix the brief fracture in their relationship again fast enough.

 

For the love of the deity of love that is Enamorus, I’m a bachelor! At least assign someone for the role who actually does have actual experience dealing with a significant other and not someone whose best action tends to be to just listen to his complaints and nod as the wreck of a Darkrai manages to fix his own issues in most cases just by having someone to talk to.

 

Anyway, where was I… Right, explaining to Livis just what our job entails. She was certainly looking at me with a weird expression, my anguish caused of past events must have shown on my face then.

 

Moving on from past aggrievances as if nothing weird happened, I tell my listener, “Together with the rest of your team as a platinum member, you are expected to be able to fend off the majority of the minor legendaries bar some obvious exceptions for a brief period of time before reinforcements arrive to then help you subdue the aforementioned legendary with multiple teams of the same rank or above working together with you.

 

Skill wise in combat you as a team are expected to place high in the previously mentioned prestigious conferences or possibly even beat a member or two of the elite four who a winner of the conference is given the chance to challenge in order to aim for the title of champion after beating all four of them and facing the aforementioned champion in battle for the title."

 

I take a breather again before I continue on to the last section as I say, “And finally, we have the Diamond rank, currently the highest rank in the organization, a prestigious title only given to those who have shown exceptional abilities that eclipse the teams in the platinum rank. “

 

“Currently, only five teams reside in this upper echelon, with each being a sight to celebrate in a time of crisis when they arrive as the very few teams capable of handling many of the legendaries with only their team if need be. “

 

“One of these teams is the Guildmaster’s personal team, that being Rescue Team Justice, which is led by the earlier mentioned guildmaster Cobalion with Virizion and Terrakion as its members plus their trainee Keldeo who is still very much working hard to reach the insane standards his teammates want from him.”  I pause as aurora shows her an image to Livis of the blue and red maned Pony with a horn stuck to its head  that is the team’s current trainee.

 

I summarize the information that personally affects her currently to her, “All of this to you means, that until you can personally prove that you are capable of reaching the same rank as the majority of the team is at, you are considered a trainee and thus do not have the same jurisdictions or make any calls as official member of the team but have the right to work with solo missions depending on what your personal rank is.”

 

“SO!” I exclaim as point my finger at her before continuing, “ Our goal with you is going to be getting you to platinum rank as soon as possible so you can be part of the main roster of the team, we will guide you, train you, and advise you the best we can so you can reach that point of being able call yourself a full member of Team Righteous in the future."

 

"It may take time, and a lot of effort. But if you keep that conviction you showed me when you entered our home, then I know you can do it!”

 

And I truly did believe that as she most definitely has the motivation to do this, and just needs someone to help her reach that goal.

 

I ask the only person in the audience as I lower my head down closer to her eye level as I grin at her, “Now then, any more questions Livis, or shall we begin properly assessing you to see where you currently stand?”

 

Livis looked very much excited to finally begin her training so even if she may have perhaps been curious about something, she decided to just stay silent to begin just to begin a little bit faster.

 

As I didn’t really have a reason to delay it anymore, I say as I turn my head towards the leafy dino, “Aurora, can you go grab a quick log for her to smash on as we get the basics checked?”

 

“Bayyy” answers Aurora as he nonchalantly began to move towards the thick woods to either find one already on the ground or cut an intact tree for us.

 

I turn back towards our newest trainee and say: “Alright then Livis, just show us everything you can do. You did tell us that while you aren’t a Pokémon, you certainly have something you called ‘Attacks’ instead. Can you show all of that in action now?”

 

Livis considered a short moment what to start with, until seemingly deciding on something as she turned away from us towards the left as her hand began to blacken in a beautiful sheen as she swung down her arm and yelled:

 

LUNA CLAW!

 

Yeah, there is certainly an odd echo to those ‘Attacks’, and whatever she just did looked like a shadow claw mixed with whatever Lunala’s wings are made of, like a black starry light of the night sky. very beautiful all things considered.

 

She then proceeds to point both of her hands in front of her as they began to glow as she yells out more:

 

DEMI DARTS!  

 

 Now doesn’t that attack look a bit familiar? like just like a stream of needles like the Moves poison sting or Pin missile as they fly straight towards where she aims her hands at, except this one is much darker, similar to the previous claw attack.

 

My watchmate cactus was certainly looking at the attack with a deep focus as her eyes squinted a bit, as she was clearly trying to analyze every aspect of it perhaps to learn something from it, or perhaps give Livis the best feedback she could get with an attack so similar to her own needles.

 

The rabbit continues her showcase not at all like the previous ones, as the antenna above her begins to glow before she once again yells out in that echoing voice as she points her tuft towards the sky:

 

TEAR SHOOT!

I watch as a globe of water flies out into the distance explodes apart sky as we get a small bit of surprise rain as a reward for the experience.

 

Now that is a water type move if I’ve ever seen one, good, makes it easier to confirm certain things, and certainly looked more powerful than the needles albeit both slower in travel time and release.

 

Livis then proceeds to point the tips of her larger ears towards the front just like in the bathroom, but this time proceeds to float above a bit as she this releases the attack without holding back:

 

LOP-EAR RIPPLE!

Still as soapy as last time, just this time with a bit more mass than before, it doesn’t look like that useful as an offensive tool considering how slowly the Liquid travelled, but considering the weight of it when I held it previously, I feel it’s a worth testing something:

 

“Merry, Pin missile, towards the soapy mass” I call to towards the other assessor next to me to assault the mass of jellylike bubbles.

 

“Mara!” She obliges as she raises her two arms as they begin to glow and points them towards the mass of bubbly soap as she begins to fire a stream of needles.

 

‘Yes, this could certainly be useful as a way to nullify attacks and restrict movement’ I think as I watch the needles failing to penetrate the soapy mass as they get stuck in its surface.

 

I wait a bit just to see if she has anything else she wishes to show, but as she begins to turn towards us, I take breather as I give her my opinion, “If that is all you can do, then here is my assessment on how I think we should work with considering your current skillset.”

 

“Your ability to briefly fly alongside your three varied ranged attacks plus a single close ranged one to makes what I would consider a solid kit for a back fielder to work their base around. a back fielder is what we call someone who can provide covering fire at a distance and support the frontliners as they engage the target, your ‘Lop-ear ripple’ is something I would consider especially unique for a flier, and I would suggest figuring out ways for you to best use it to nullify any projectiles coming at you from a distance to deter anything trying to shoot you down.”

 

I point sign towards my other assessor before I say, “With that in mind, Merry, as our team’s current backfielder, will be responsible of teaching the best she can to make the best out of your ranged kit as our experienced member.”

 

Merry was already grinning at us for getting a chance to be on the other side of the table as the previously youngest member as a teacher this time instead of a student.

 

I take a short pause as I consider what to do next as Aurora aurora had not come back yet, before I get remember something I really wanted checked now that we were in a place where I didn’t have to worry about collateral issue as I began digging into the satchel at the right side of my waist and picked up the appropriate Orb I had prepared beforehand to try this out.

 

With the right orb now in my hand and hidden within my palm, I ask our student soon to be test subject, “As we wait for Aurora to come back, may I ask you to use any of your moves again while not flying? I wish to test something while I have the chance.”

 

She looked a bit confused about just what I wanted to do but obliges anyways as she proceeds to use Lop ear ripple as the tips of her ears point in front of her again:

 

Lop-ear ri-

I throw down the Silence Orb in my right hand right next to her as it breaks, interrupting the attack technique as it mutes the little rabbit as sound itself in the world seemed to have taken a break around her.

 

To my pleasant surprise, it seemed to have actually done something as the little rabbit went stiff as her command gets cut off midway.

 

She stayed stiff like that for a very brief period before she reached out her hands towards her throat trying to get a sound out until the short effect seemed to have faded away as a first hear a small sound from again which seems to relief her and quickly turns into anger as she proceeds to yell at me in confusion, “ WHA- WHAT WAS THAT!?” while very much glaring at me, demanding an answer from me at me while I have a very satisfied grin with the success I just confirmed there.

 

“That there was a Silence orb, A power orb designed to disrupt anything dealing with sounds coming from the mouth, which just included the attack you just did!”

 

“Please do not do that again, it felt like my mind short circuited and hit an error message, it was not a pleasant feeling.” Livis whines at me while holding onto pressing her two larger ears two her head.

 

“Noted” most definitely noted, I guess I’m going to have to go look around the markets for more to prepare for the trip if I can actually find any. If that works just as well on any other Digimon, then these orbs have become a high commodity for us equip ourselves with.

 

After all, a single moment is all you need to turn a possible loss into a big success.

 

Sigh… guess I’m going to have to go hunting and searching for affordable Power Orbs again.

 

There are a variety of them being sold publicly, all with different effects that are essentially consumable stored Moves for a future purpose and are sometimes mixed with more than one move to create some unusual effects, like with Silence orb being a what I understood to be a mix of taunt and disarming voice to temporarily disrupt any and all sound-based attacks happening for a very brief period.

 

Unfortunately, basically all Orbs are nowhere close what I would consider cheap or easy to find, and even just finding a reliable seller can sometimes be a struggle as the ones most interested in making them tend to also want to keep them most of them for their own uses not to even mention  the ones capable of creating the good quality ones are very rare and very sought-after creators making the commissions from them both expensive and slow to get.

 

Frick, some Orbs are so highly sought after like the Escape orb, an orb that allow for a pocket Teleportation to a preset point, that they basically go for the price of selling an arm and a leg to even get my hands on one, not to even mention a good quality one at that which is almost impossible to find.

 

… I might have to ask a favor from Mesprit again if I’m ever going to get my hands on a high-quality escape orb to perhaps work through whatever the distance digital world is. Escape orbs have been proven to work through dimensions, and I doubt Digital world is any different. A portable emergency escape tool is just too valuable to not have, which means I’m going to be either dead broke again or I’m going to owe a favor to the connoisseur of emotions which likely means being her test subject again for her emotional mixes as payment. Sigh….

 

My thoughts are interrupted as Aurora finally returns with a log on his back that looks to be freshly cut and prepared for our testing session as he drops it down with a thud in front of us while looking slightly winded.

 

“Thank you, Aurora.” I give my thanks to the currently winded Aurora who brought quite a haul as the log was quite large and had been cut clean and been cleaned up from the branches, only leaving the large central log of the tree.

 

“Now, let’s assess just how powerful all that you just did all was with this log here being your first target dummy.”

 

She nods at me and begins to show each of her attacks again as the rest of us take some distance while Aurora does his best to keep the log steady with all seven of his vines, holding the log still on the ground from both sides.

 

I watch as her ‘luna claw’ cuts a clean mark onto the thick log that looks decently deep but nowhere near cutting it apart, with not much knockback to it considering Aurora is not struggling to keep it steady.

 

The tear shoot that comes after leaves a clear mark on it as it explodes on the impact and had some considerable knockback behind it as I watch Aurora’s vines twitch holding the log still.

 

Demi darts needle stream sticks to the log bit but have only little penetration behind them and no knockback, pretty much expected from something that seemed weaker than the tear shoot but much faster and easier to hit with.

 

And… let’s say lop ear ripple looks very much to be at its best in defensive or restrictive tool, or perhaps dealing fire-types who do would not like to be stuck in that mass of soap.

 

I look at Aurora before confirming he has the general idea of his soon upcoming opponent, before saying to our understudy: “That’s enough, we have a fairly good idea where you currently stand and I believe it is time for us to give you a proper combat exercise, so show us your as you are going to deal with an opponent you have little knowledge of!”

 

I declare as I provide our newest trainee her first fight opportunity: “Aurora will be your sparring partner, so move to circular spot you were previously at, as Aurora will be going to another one of them to face you now!”

 

Livis looked like a mix of excitement and anxiousness as she hobbled to her position, looking a bit stiff while staring at her now opponent on the opposite side who looked stoic as he analyzed just how much he would need to sandbag for this fight.

 

Aurora eventually seemed to have decided just how much he was going to sandbag as three of his vines begin to rise out of his leftmost, rightmost and furthest in the back neck sprouts, ready to face a Digimon for the first time while on the opposite end Livis turns the tips of her large ears towards her waiting opponent.

 

As I see both sides more than ready to begin, I start the signal, “On a count of three, you will fight each other until one of you either gives up or is unable to continue.”

 

“Three… twooo….. onee… GO!”

 

And with that, both burst into movement as Livis began to fly, aiming to circle her opponent as the vines began to approach her.

 

LOP-EAR RIPPLE!

 

The stream of soap hits the approaching vines as it weighs them down under the heavy stream of gelatine soap towards Aurora who was already preparing to dodge away to the side as the bubbles land on the ground next to him.

 

The next attack from Aurora comes very soon after as her antenna begins to glow as she tries to attempt punish Aurora’s dodge:

 

TEAR SHOOT!

 

The orb flies towards aurora but was just about to miss but Aurora decides to intentionally slow down and take the hit of the supposed water type move.

 

And looking at the grimace Aurora had, that actually looked like it hurt him way more than he had expected.

 

Huh, that either means the move is either way more powerful than we estimated, or that we might not be able to rely on type matchups to be a reliable metric when it comes to Digimon.

 

Thanks for the sacrifice, Aurora, we really needed that information.

 

I really wished now that our team had a normal type in it so that we could at least experiment if the luna claw and demi darts where considered a ghost type attack, because I would very much like to know if relying on a Type immunity would become a fatal mistake when dealing with a Digimon.

 

Honestly, as I watch the exchange between the two continue as balls of water, soap, and needles keep coming towards Aurora as Livis was clearly trying to do her best, but everything about how she fought just screamed just how inexperienced with fighting she was  considering  how much Aurora was currently holding back to not just end this outright as I watch him easily avoid another stream of dark needles that were quite bluntly poorly aimed when it came to moving targets.

 

The still stalemate of dodging around from both sides continued for a short while longer until Livis was clearly starting to look winded and began losing her cool under constant avoiding of vines coming at her while also trying to aim at her grounded opponent. Both combined and the fact she was still flying was clearly taking a toll on her, and eventually, one of vines finally managed grasp onto her and attempted to wrap around her.

 

LUNA CLAW!

 

The poor vine gets ripped apart as the darkened claw swipes through the green whip before it manages a tight enough grip around her as the luna claw rips shreds through it with ease as it falls to the ground. Unfortunately for her though, the minor victory is a short one as a second vine quickly comes at her from her blind spot, taking advantage of her now completely poor position in the air to fend back the follow-up attack and the third vine soon follows to reinforce the binding done by the second one.

 

And with that, the Lunar white rabbit is pulled gently towards the ground, tightly wrapped by the two green whips as she tries to squirm while her antenna, arms and ears were all tightly bonded, making her unable to free herself or act in any meaningful way as Aurora gently lands her to the ground and waits for my judgment to end this as the little rabbit tries to free herself to no avail, so I decide announce the results to end the spar.

 

“THAT’S A WRAP, LITERALLY, AURORA WINS!”

 

 

 

 

 

Another chapter done, with some more details on this world and the organization that is Swords of justice.

Oh, and i guess the first battle scene, because we needed one of those with an action tag stuck to this story.

Anyway, next chapter is coming once again tomorrow around the same time, feel free to note any mistakes you see in the text, because my last update still had plenty for me to fix after releasing it...

Cheers, author

 

 

1