Chapter 5
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It goes to show the difference considering Aurora looked barely winded after the fight, while Livis was panting and looking very much spent as she seemed unsatisfied with just how easily she was taken down.

 

“Livis, you honestly did quite well for someone who has had very little actual experience fighting, but you definitely have much to improve on basically every front, be it aiming, dodging, or just keeping your cool.

 

"I do think you did an admirable job staying afloat the whole fight under that constant pressure while still keeping semblance of an offense going.” I reassured her and applauded her effort while also giving my honest assessment on her current situation.”

 

“… But I couldn’t do anything, I was just being played….” Livis whines at me as an answer, looking very much like she is disappointed in herself.

 

I tried to keep cheering her up as this was still more than I originally expected from her, “Well, that is just how experienced Aurora is. He has dealt with plenty of flying opponents who are much, much more powerful than you, and has come out fine from those encounters. “

 

I decide to rub her head a bit while I say, “You, on the other hand, are just starting out, so don’t feel down for trying to compare yourself to him, because I promise you, we will make you reach that point where you can consider yourself our equal in the team eventually.”

 

“Aurora, heal pulse” I turn my head towards him as I ask the winner of the spar to heal up our understudy who still has some practice to deal with today.

 

Aurora nods as he begins to gather power in his mouth, before spewing a laser beam at the very much now alarmed Livis as the beam hits her.

 

She tried to use her larger ears as cover, but quickly realized that whatever just hit her wasn’t actually hurting her, but actually making her feel a lot better.

 

“….. Could you have warned me before deciding to shoot a beam of light at me? those don’t tend to feel nice like this…” She pouts as feels embarrassed for being scared at all now.

 

I grin as I very much enjoyed her sudden alarmed look and say, “Hmmm… nah, it’s not like it would actually hurt you, got to keep some positive surprises around.”

 

“nrrr…” comes a frustrated sound out of the little rabbit as she shoved the arm away off her head, but no further signs of any physical retaliation that I expect from the rest of my family.

 

Ooh you got a lot of ways to go to truly fit into this house my little friend.

 

I watch as Aurora finally stops the stream of light and approaches our newest addition and presses the tablet for a congratulatory message, “Good spar, you attacks pack a lot of punch in them and the soap was pain to get around for my vines.”

 

“But I couldn’t hit you at all, all I could do was keep dodging until I couldn’t take it anymore…” Livis answers back, still sounding unsatisfied with her results.

 

Aurora quickly writes another message to also get her mood up a bit as he says, “So? You just started and gave your best effort that I could very much respect. Tell me, what would you do now if we faced each other right now?”

 

She considers her answer a bit before saying, “I … would try to keep my cool a bit better, and perhaps I should have even tried to close in and try luna claw? Perhaps it would have made me a bit more unpredictable if I approached you every now and then.”

 

Aurora smiles as he approves His understudy’s serious considerations as he writes a message and says, “See? You are already improving, thinking of new ways how you could do better work with your tools, and you clearly understand some of the things you could still very much improve upon. So, all you got to do is fix those problems and try out the new things and keep honing yourself.”

 

I leave the two to continue their exchange as I moved towards large sack I had left there when we first showed up here, picking it up, and carrying it next to Merry who was still watching the green dinosaur and the lunar rabbit a pleasant conversation with each other from a short distance away as I open the bag and pick up a very recognizable red and blue ball with a prominent button the middle.

 

A Pokéball.

 

An object so synonymous and integral part of so many trainers that many children across the world speak the very name as their first word.

 

An object that when used right, was a source of comfort and safety, and a physical reminder of a cherished bond, that as easily in the worst hands could become a nightmarish prison reminding you of your loss of freedom.

 

An object I had come to look at with clear distaste, but I couldn’t deny the benefits it granted when not abused, Or the convenience and possibilities it allowed to many Pokémon that simply could not otherwise be able to live in human designed environments with their large size or unusual forms, nor the protection it gave to my loved ones against those willing to use the same object for their own selfish gains.

 

A protection I would now have to establish with our newest member if such a case was possible.

 

Giving a look at the Maractus next to me who was already getting into her familiar throwing stance as she also picked up a ball from the bag, I give yell out a command that a certain green Gastrodon martial artist would be very proud of me as I begin throwing the ball in my hands towards the still unaware Livis.

 

“DODGE!!!!”

 

The still unaware bunny quickly turns around in a mix of confusion and concern that quickly changes to annoyance as the red and white orb bonks her in the forehead right as she turns towards me, with the red and ball orb showing no clear signs of activating from the impact.

 

“Ow!” quips the surprised lunar rabbit and quickly begins to complain at me “Why did you do that?!”

 

“Just had to make a certain thing certain, you ever hit by one of those balls before? “I asked her as I pointed at the ball that I just assaulted her with.

 

She seemed to recognize the ball as she answers “Well, yes, a few times, I do not understand why some people kept doing that to me, but they always seemed disappointed afterwards and I didn’t understand why.”

 

A drop of cold sweat drops from my forehead as I realize just how bad things might have gone for her if those balls did manage to trigger on her.

 

“Well, that there is a Pokéball, a Pokémon capture device used hold Pokémon inside for brief periods of time. Merry?”

 

Merry gives an affirmation as I pull her ball from the right side of my waist and point it towards her as a red beam comes out of the middle of the ball and hits her, absorbing her into the small, tiny ball.

 

Livis looked pretty much gob smacked just trying to parse what just happened as she closes in and begins to knock at the small ball in my hand.

 

“Is… she alright?” Livis asks with a surprising amount of worry in her voice.

 

“Well, why don’t you ask her” I say right as she releases herself next to the shocked little rabbit as Merry picks her up with her arms and hugs her as a thanks for her worry keeping her spikes as soft as possible.

 

“So, yeah, you seen those balls around plenty of humans are carrying around right? a lot of them hold Pokémon inside them, and to capture a Pokémon, the most traditional way Is to throw the ball at them.”

 

She parses my answer for a short while as she draws her own conclusions before a look of horror starts showing in her face.

 

“They…. they were trying to… capture me? to take me against my will? without asking me at all? just like that?” She asks me in a somewhat scared tone as she slowly parses everything those actions she had previously encountered had truly meant.

 

“That is just how our world works” I shrug at her before I continue my explanation, “ a lot of Pokémon don’t get the choice, but in most cases the ones you see close by around human made roads and towns tend to actually want to be captured by humans so there is a silent agreement that any Pokémon around and close by to human lived areas is free game for trainers. “

 

I sign towards Merry as I continue, “And with the whole self-release mechanic you just saw, they can hopefully just get away and escape or find help from an official if they don’t like their trainer or don’t want to leave their current lives.”

 

“Thus,” – I stop a bit before my voice takes a more somber tone- “the problem isn’t as big as some people would think, but there are sadly still many cases where Pokémon get taken from their homes against their will, forced to live a life they didn’t desire.”

 

Or worse, getting forcibly conscripted and brainwashed into a criminal organization to ruin more lives.

 

I continue just to give her a clear idea on the subject, “And just as a note, not every Pokémon can do what Merry just did and release themselves, as some scums do use the older models of Pokéballs that do not have such functionality designed for them. For the most part though, those have become illegal but sadly certain black markets do still make those older models available to the public and are unfortunately hard to catch as they basically look the exact same as the current up to date balls.”

 

Finally, I summarize all of the relevant bits dealing with our resident Digimon specifically, “So, guess you should feel fortunate then, because it seems like unlike Pokémon, Pokéballs don’t seem to work on you, which I’m going to assume to be case for all Digimon for now.”

 

She shivers and has her own case of cold sweat as she also now fully realizes just how badly things may have gone for her if that hadn’t been the case, considering just how many times those balls seemed to have hit her before if I’m reading her expression correctly.

 

“So,” -I stop as I point towards the large sack next to me - “ now that we know that, I just happen to have a bag of balls that are basically all useless now and all ready for your next training session today. “

 

I give her the quick rules for the session, “You are free to do anything against the things that are about to fly at you very soon but stay within the area of the open grass field so that you can actually benefit from this.“

 

Livis was a bit confused at first about my words but as she sees Merry grin at her while holding another one of the red and white orbs in her arms as she prepares a throwing motion towards the little rabbit, Livis quickly realizes the situation and starts running away with more speed than you would expect coming from those tiny legs of hers while also dealing with two ears larger than her head flopping along with the momentum.

 

The cactus proceeds to lob ball after ball towards the little rabbit, hitting with most of them as the sounds of ‘ow’ fill the open field.

 

Yet, despite the distance of the throws increasing as the rabbit finally remembered she could also zigzag and fly, the balls kept landing with clear precision on her head no matter where she seemed to move from the orbs assaulting her.

 

And as the number of orbs keep failing to activate without any signs showing otherwise, I feel I can safely conclude that a Pokéball is not capable of catching Digimon at least when it comes to this specific lunar rabbit, I let off a sigh of relief that I wasn’t even aware I was holding onto.

 

Aurora had walked to my other side right as the shooting gallery had begun and had been watching the running rabbit with an intent as he evaluated the movement of our latest addition.

 

We watch the Livis run for some time longer until I see she was becoming winded and decide to give her a breather:

 

“Your aim is as impeccable as ever Merry, but I think you should stop now before you actually give her an actual bump” I ask her as I turn the regard the sharpshooter ‘tormenting’ our understudy.

 

The playful gunnery next to me answers my earlier question with one last throw, granting us another sound of an ow from the target before finally looking at me with a smug grin.

 

Once again, I have to wonder, who actually is the trainer in this house as I couldn’t be able to land even a fourth of those throws, but it’s not like I have many chances to practice really like some absolute nutsos do.

 

What part of the meaning ‘sapient being’ does some people not understand? I still get anxiety for even holding an empty Pokéball in my hands in the risk that I accidentally catch something as according to the silent agreement, would now make me become responsible for the catch.

 

“OK, THAT’S ENOUGH, YOU CAN COME BACK NOW!” I yell at the tiny rabbit in the distance who’s total of four ears perk up at the sound, and who quickly begins to run back to the of us until she gets close enough for to clearly see the silent glare focused on the smug grin of her spiky harasser which only seemed to further aggravate the lunar bunny.

 

“Well, your dodging could certainly use some work” the rabbit looked at me as if all her effort had just spat on, but being the good girl she is, kept listening to my honest feedback.

 

“You certainly don’t seem to lack the speed, but your movement is simply too predictable right now to fool anyone experienced, you agree Aurora, Merry?” I asked the other evaluator next to me.

 

Merry gives a quick nod while Aurora answers with “…bay….” In a contemplative way as his vines began to emerge and open the lid of the tablet strapped around his neck as the vines began to both type on the tablet while keeping it steady.

 

I waited patiently listening to the many presses as I let my starter work out the feedback without hurry before the sound of the familiar male voice started reading the message: “As much as you did attempt your best running around, were you not aware that you could have also deflected them? your demi darts and Lop-ear ripple would have quite well fending some of the Pokéballs away from you. Is there a reason why you didn’t use either?”

 

She reacts to the feedback as if another ball had hit her in the face, clearly just realizing that was even an option for her in the situation that she didn’t think of trying as she was too focused on just dodging.

 

I begin to grin at her as I say my remaining note while my hand reaches for another Pokéball from the bag “I think she still needs more avoidance training, don’t you agree Aurora, Merry?”

 

I fiddled with the ball in my hand I had already picked up while the other two were also beginning to reach for a ball with their appendages, one with a face way too innocent for someone preparing for a wallop, and another looking with a contemplative look as he thinks how to best help her improve with his throws.

 

A look of horror begins to appear on the face of our prey as she slowly begins back away, clearly realizing what is about to happen to her again.

 

Now with a somewhat mean face, I say: “It seems that we are in agreement, so let’s start the remedy training now!”

 

And with that, as my first ball flies towards the small already running target, another ball quickly follows right after, followed by a vine whip still holding the ball before throwing it out at a different angle from the rest of us.

 

“JERKS! MEANIES! Demi Darts!  Cries out the rabbit in the distance who was currently being assaulted by red and white orbs from three enthusiastic throwers.

 

And yet, despite the clear sounds of grievances sounding loud in the ever-increasing distance of the open grassy field, her Demi Darts was clearly focused on the orbs trying to constantly assault her as the dark needles landed on a few of the flying balls and broke them before they manage to reach their intended target.

 

The onslaught of balls continued to ravage her for a good while until she seemed to finally have enough of it all as she decides throw one  of ones fallen close to her right back at us as It hits Merry in in her face, making her swing like a punching bag , making the hit look more powerful than it really was with her antics while deciding  to further escalate the situation as she intentionally threw the ball she was holding right past me and right towards the right cheek of the still focused on their protegee Aurora.

 

And showing just how little faith my starter truly seems to have towards me, he immediately turns his head towards me to glare at me as the first suspect of the unexpected assault, which I of course, indulged with a cheshire grin all the while starting to take distance as the armada of balls began to harass me with the numerous vine whips aiming at me.

 

Honestly, the designers of these things did a fairly good job making the Pokéballs as safe as possible, as getting hit by one could easily be compared to getting hit by a soft snowball.

 

I don’t even want to think just how many fatalities a kid could cause with them in a random bout of stupidity if they were any harder, but I guess it isn’t a major thing when the very same balls let those brats carry sometimes very gullible beings that just like to see things burn.

 

As everyone one of now seemingly forgetting why we came here in the first place, what started as a fairly serious sparring session quickly devolved into a childish back and forth Pokéball fight with plenty of laughter eventually mixed in, including the giggles of the newcomer that warmed my heart.

 

Yeah, she would fit in with the rest of us just fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we all had our fun of ruining plenty more Pokéballs and littering the entire place with their broken shards everywhere, we then had the very much not fun part of cleaning all that shattered trash around the place, or this place would become a safety hazard to train at in the future.

 

Once the cleanup of our mischief was done, we felt it was a good time to just have a break as we had brought everything that would be required to have a picnic here.

 

Everyone just conversed and had some small talk with each other about their experiences and answered the questions of our newcomer the best we could no matter how stupid they sometimes seemed as she tried her best to fit in with us while she tried her best to learn from the criticism we gave to her.

 

It was Just another small moment for the little rabbit to get to know us better as she finally had a place she felt truly safe in this world after she had ended up here as she told just a little bit more about her past, like initially being afraid of Pokémon because some of them reminded her of some of the ‘Encounter ghosts’, or the feelings of hopelessness she experienced as she passed yet another town with no signs of the device reacting to anything.

 

I’m glad she was feeling comfortable enough to talk about those darker moments of hers. I guess that is one way we are clearly different, because I still struggled to speak of my darker days to anyone else be it a stranger or my best friends…

 

Once I felt everyone had enough rest, I decided it was time for the last event before we all went back home as I ask my sparring opponents, “Merry, Aurora, are you ready to give our newest member a showcase with a good spar to show her just what we are made of?”

 

They had both been expecting this and, as everyone seemed to be in full strength now, so no one had any objections as the three of us began to stand up and move towards our standard positions on the field.

 

That is, until I realized Livis looked very confused and worried about something.

 

“What’s wrong Livis, something on your mind?” I asked her.

 

She looked quite uncomfortable as she wasn’t sure how to ask me, until finally saying: “You are going too Silver?”

 

“… Yes? what is the problem there?” I asked her again, clearly still confused what this was about.

 

She seemed to become even more uncomfortable just trying the best way to say what she wanted, until finally answering again this time in a tone oozing with worry as she says, “Are you… going to be, ok?”

 

Oh, oooooh. I get it now.

 

“You think I’m weak? that I’m going to get smashed if I join in or get in close. Is that it?” “I say out what I concluded from her attempts at trying to avoid the main point of concern.

 

She turns her eyes away staring towards the side, not meeting my gaze as if trying to hide that is exactly what she was thinking as she worried for me.

 

“Well, I’m not surprised you think so if you have seen the other humans here, so let’s rectify that, shall we?” I say to her not minding the expected misunderstanding at all, as I begin to correct that misconception of hers.

 

“SQUIRE! I require my sword!” I yell out in a pompous manner at Merry as I look at her to provide me with my most commonly used weapon.

 

 “Ra, rtus!” The cactus answers, playing along with the tone of my voice with her own overly formal voice as the spike in her forehead begins to glow and expand, becoming a large, straight, and sharp needle before she grasps it and detaches it off her forehead.

 

She throws the needle towards me as I grab it in a snappy motion as it almost passes by me from my left as I grab it with my right hand, making it all look like a routine motion to my viewer who looked at the act as if being slightly impressed by me.

 

“So, I guess I should reintroduce myself.” I say as I begin to give her an overly exaggerated knightly bow before introducing myself again to her: “I am Silver, The Chosen one of Uxie, the Goddess of knowledge, or in some other circles, the Noble knight of Uxie.”

 

“So Livis, you are probably asking, what is a Chosen one or a Noble knight?” I ask her, but don’t expect an answer as I keep blowing the little rabbit’s mind, so I begin to explain:

 

“Well, chosen / nobles have a long history going all the way to the times when technology was nothing it is today, and humans had to fend for themselves to survive against Pokémon more frequently. Many families who had a noble in their family line in the past became what the past considered an aristocratic family as they segregated the common and the nobles with their abilities as Chosen especially when that title and its benefits were often hereditary to the family.”

 

“In simple terms, a Noble is a person, be it human or Pokémon, that is chosen by a Legendary or legendaries to serve in their name, to aid them with their duties, and guard them if they ever find themselves in danger., and for that, they offer us the ability to tap into the source of their power, the very same power that links them to creator god Arceus itself.”

 

“Yes, that does mean I occasionally do have some duties that Uxie wants me to do, but honestly, to me at this point, it feels like helping a friend who is kindly asking to help with their problems, even if they can sometimes be…. annoying.”

 

Seriously, as interesting as digging around for archeological finds for Uxie’s repository of knowledge can sometimes be, why do so many of those trips include artificial giant Pokémon!?

 

I swear, the people of Pokénopolis were nuts! Perhaps their line continued in Galar? I could see them getting along just fine with their obsession for gigantism.

 

Still, I could see much worse legendaries to get chosen by, like the green pixie that is the maintainer of time Celebi who serve under the God of time Dialga.

 

How can you ever have a single moment of peace while connected to a time traveler that may very well come at any point from either the past or the future to ask you to help fix another error in time?

 

I continue to correct her misconception as I continue: “By the by, that is also not the only way for a human to become strong.”

 

I point at my arm as I punch the air and say: “Some took the path of an Aura masters, as they learned the arts that of the Jackal Pokémon line of Riolu and Lucario, training in the ways to turn the inner lifeforce into a weapon.”

 

I tap my forehead as I say: “Then there are the Psychics, who wield the powers of their mind like that of the psychic Pokémon, to control the world around them and twist even the fabric of reality to their call.”

 

I show her an ability orb from my pocket as I say: “Or perhaps you chose the path of a wizard, focusing on the esoteric powers of the ghost and fairy type, to create items and concoctions of incredible potency, to create rituals that twist fate itself and see the future itself, or perhaps even turn you into something entirely different, like you Livis, into a Pokémon”.

 

I throw my hands wide as I declare, “And even more are becoming to resurface as the world once more changes as human’s begin to re-explore what they had since forgotten.”

 

“I move my hands back down as I focus on my curious watcher as I move my right hand holding the needle in front of me before saying, “But you are probably more interested right now what I exactly I can do, so let me give you a demonstration.”

 

I focus on the needle in my right hand, focus on the connection I have to Uxie, focus on the gift I had been handed, the connection to the that I shared to her power, that she shared with the creator god Arceus, and call upon it, to wield it once more, the form of a sword, As the Sacred Sword.

 

Power begins to surge out of my right hand as a mix of purple and pink colored energy rushes out into and around the needle I held as it formed into a transparent lavender colored blade, surging with the element that Uxie held domain of the pure essence of the Psychic type as it visibly moves like liquid within the transparent blade.

 

I begin presenting her the blade as Livis feels the power radiating from sword as she silently stares at it with slight amount of awe: “This here Livis, is called a Sacred Sword, the physical manifestation of the bond noble knights of the past wielded to protect their lords, to fight for their creeds.” 

 

I continue my explanation:” It took me two years to master it, under the three slavedrivers that are my current guild masters who the three goddesses of the mind coerced/blackmailed into both letting us enter their organization and to teach me the ways of how the knights of old who fought for the ones who chose them.”

 

I continued to explain the lavender colored transparent sword to her: “This sword is actually quite malleable.”- I say as I demonstrate to her as the blade in my hands shrinks into something resembling a dagger and right after burst in size into that of a great sword before I continue explaining- “I could also make it even bigger or change its shape into something else entirely different from a sword if I wanted to, but it all runs on my own personal wells, so overdoing is just going to quickly burn me out and make me collapse from exhaustion, and I was taught to wield a sword, so that is what I tend to use the most.”

 

 I disable the sacred sword as it once more becomes just a regular large needle before showcasing the other main aspect.

 

“That is also not the only thing nobles have access to” - I release some of that power as a vague lavender colored flow briefly surrounds my body and fades just as quickly - “Every noble not only has increased strength, speed, and stamina, but also what could be best called described as shield around their bodies that absorbs hits for you that is generally not visible unless I specifically make it forcefully”

 

“The ‘shield’ is not omnipotent whatsoever though, as every blow weakens the shield and reduces my power reserves that are also used for the sacred sword, and I can still very easily get hurt or cut as it doesn’t absorb all of the impact I take. But it’s still something that only the Aura masters can compare when it comes to personal protection of their body.”

 

I give her my last reassurances as I remind her:” So Livis, do not worry, because I can handle things just fine. If you remember our previous explanation, every member of the Rescue team is individually assessed that they can handle what they rank entails, and I am officially a platinum rank member, the same as the rest of our Rescue Team.”

 

I began to walk away to my position in the grassy field as leave the still staring Livis to watch as we get ready to warm up for another crisis that needs handling.

 

We all take our position, and stare at one as we prepare to give our newest member a proper show.

 

“Livis, can you give us the signal to begin, count of three perhaps.” I ask our only viewer to give us the start.

 

“Y-Yes” she dutifully answers as she snaps out of her thoughts while still processing all that I said to her as she waits and looks around to see everyone all ready, she begins to count:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“T-THREE!”

Seven arms, seven hands, seven whips rise from sprouts from the Bayleef’s sprout mane.

 

They slithered, moved, as lively as snakes, surrounding Aurora like the mane of the lion Pokémon.

 

“TWO!”

 

Four began to glow, white and green, two on each side of his head, calling in the powers of the Moves Power Whip and Leaf Blade.

 

Two blunt shining white maces above, two shining sharp green sickles below, filled with power to slay the wicked, to protect the innocents as they slithered menacingly in the air.

 

“ONE!”

 

Three remaining whips moved to straighten the small white scarf around his neck, the symbol of their family, the symbol of their creed.  as the Я, the mark of their beloved team, glittered in the sunlight.

 

“GO!”

 

And as the signal drops, the Vines lash out as he runs for glory!

 

 

THE SEVEN-ARMED SUPPORT OF RESCUE TEAM RIGHTEOUS

!!!<>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<>!!!

AURORA

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“T-THREE!”

 

The Maractus concentrated, delving deep into the source of her element, and began spinning fast Like that of the Move Rapid Spin, releasing out a pulse of pure grass type energy around her vicinity as the very ground begins to sprout even greener, calling the power and shining from the power of the move Grassy Terrain.

 

“TWO!”

 

Merry stops her spin as her two spiky arms begin to glow in deep white, as numerous spikes began to surface on her left hand, willing in the power of Move Pin Missile, while the other arm, now held a large seed of that of the Move Seed Bomb as she bounced it around in her right hand.

 

“ONE!”

 

She grins and straightens her head while still playing with the seed bomb in her right hand and pointing the left glowing spiky hand towards her opposition, making the small white scarf with flutter around her neck, the symbol of their family, the symbol of their creed, as the Я, the mark of their cherished team, shined under the light of the grassy terrain.

 

“GO!”

 

And as the signal drops, her leg stump bursts with a green stream of energy, calling the power of the Move Grassy Glide, as she begins to slide for victory!

 

THE SLIDING MARKSWOMAN OF RESCUE TEAM RIGHTEOUS

!!!<>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<>!!!

MERRY

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“T-THREE!”

 

Silver focused, grasping into the connection that was his link with the being ruling over knowledge.

 

The power of the Type that is Psychic surged into and around Merry’s needle he held, forming around it a transparent blade filled with the power of His lord as it pulsed in semi liquid state.

 

“TWO!”

 

The blade increased in size, until it was around the size he preferred, a standard large straight sword used by many in the long past. Yet still almost as light as the needle it still was.

 

“ONE!”

 

His face takes a stoic look as he takes a stance, as his left hand takes on a form of a claw in front of him, with the transparent straight sword shining stable at his right just a little behind him, a form that mixed his operative days and the chivalry of the style taught by the Leaders of the Swords of justice.

 

The small white scarf stood silent around his neck, the symbol of their family, the symbol of their creed, as the Я, the mark of their precious team, Shimmers under Sword’s light

 

“GO!”

 

And as the signal drops the former operative now crisis team leader charges for triumph.

 

THE TRAINER AND UXIE’S NOBLE KNIGHT OF RESCUE TEAM RIGHTEOUS

!!!<>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<>!!!

SILVER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AURORA VS MERRY VS SILVER

!!!<>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<>!!!

BATTLE

START!

 

 

 

 

 

Sooo, yeah, The MC of the group is going to be an active combatant of the team, which may throw some of you off, so I felt like I should explain a bit of my thought process.

When I first started planning out this story, I very much wanted for the trainer to be able to fight alongside the rest of the team considering this ain't exactly your 'collect the badges to enter a fair competition' type of story, but instead one that is going to be dealing with situations with lives on the line on a regular basis against crooks that very much aren't going to miss the chance of killing someone who is clearly looking like an easy target in the team and aren't being protected by a galaxy sized plot armor.

And considering that both Aura and psychic powers are seriously overused for these options AND I didn't want a free translation service for the MC that always comes with those two packages, I instead decided to build up a new one based on Legends: Arceus nobles.

And if you are worried him starting to overshadow everyone else in the team? Nah, he is just going to be another member of the team, so don't expect him to steamroll anything alone in the future, albeit it does change the dynamic the usual Digimon partner has with their bond, so do look forward to that if that sounds interesting to you.

Anyway, next chapter coming tomorrow, but we are starting to reach the end of the backlog soon though so the updates will slow down soon enough.

Cheers, Author

PS: sorry for being a bit late, i noticed a few errors which forced me to do alot of the text modifying again, which took some time.

1