Chapter – 35: Sylvan Light Forest
608 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guild of Vice Requiem was divided into 5 main parts.... But each of them was a challenge on their own... Just like how you need to put everything in a puzzle together first, to get the picture of the real thing. That's how Vice Requiem's guild base worked. But on their own, they can be considered their own challenges.

The base as a whole is named [Luxuria], named after the now 'dead' deadly sin of lust. It was not the name Suzune and Mei Mei wanted, but was Lucian really going to let his choice go? Obviously not.

Putting that aside, the first base.

The Lust's Abode. Lust's Abode was not a dungeon or anything similar but a boss room. So Lust's Abode had very few things available for customization, except the Cardinal Evil Sins of Lust. There were 700 Cardinal Evil Sins available for Lucian to use however he pleases. These Cardinal Sins were slightly customizable. They defended the base with all their might, and they could even combine to become the Arch Evil Sin. Due to Lucian spending a lot of data crystals, he has increased the Arch Evils to 4.

So basically, if a group of players enters Lust's Abode, they'll first have to go through the stairs, which have many traps. After they manage to pass through that, they will be greeted by a chamber transformed into a hall as huge as possible. As soon as someone enters it, they'll be bombarded by attacks from Cardinal Sins. If they are able to defeat more than 100, the Sins will become the Arch Evils, boss-level entities that will make the players tremble in fear.

All of the Cardinal Evils were named by Lucian. They were originally Mercenary NPCs, but after Lucian sacrificed them, they became a part of Lust's Abode. With Lucian as their owner, they were essentially like custom NPCs and displayed unwavering loyalty. Unlike the dungeons that had a method to change ownership, these boss rooms didn't, and they would not let anyone take ownership of the base.

Initially, Lucian wanted to place some Custom NPCs in Lust's Abode, but the 700 Cardinal Evils were already a significant threat. The chamber, which served as the first line of defense for players, wasn't ideal for customization due to its nature as a world enemy boss room. However, now that Lucian was the master, he had some capacity to make changes, although not entirely. He made some alterations, such as turning the staircase into a spiral design and extending it to over 3000 stairs instead of the original 350. Now, players would encounter 10 Evil Sins every 300 floors, gradually depleting their HP and supplies.

And if they managed to survive, they would encounter the four Arch Evils of Lust, each of which would pose a boss-level challenge on its own.

Moving on to the second one...

The Sylvan Light Forest of Freya was probably the base that shone the brightest. Due to each base being connected through a backdoor to the same dimensional space, it was challenging to describe where these bases existed in the same dimension but separated by an infinite amount of space. At least that's how Suzune explained it.

Lucian currently was in a lush forest, with greenery all around him. Before him stood a massive green tree, its trunk swirling in a circle as it reached the sky, adorned with beautiful green leaves that covered the entire area. It cast shadows around the sanctuary, seemingly touching the sky.

The tree was named Sylvan and was considered sacred in the Sylvan forest. It was said to have originated from the seeds of Yggdrasil, although it wasn't exactly a world item. It possessed healing and debuffing properties, making it unique among Lucian's collection of items. Lucian stood there in his usual noble attire, his silver hair flowing in the wind, as green petals gently scattered from his hair.

"The Sylvan sanctuary has no statue of Freya, despite it being a sanctuary for Freya...," Lucian muttered to himself as he browsed through his inventory. He had actually won a very rare gacha item for this place specifically. This place was a sanctuary.

To be fair, this place was named the [Sylvan Sanctuary], and it's the central part of the entire Sylvan Light Forest. This sanctuary was dedicated to the fallen goddess and the first Valkyrie, Freya. According to their lore, the Light Elves NPCs would come every sunny day of the month, as dictated by Yggdrasil, to worship the tree. In their story, Freya was their goddess who had fallen and tried to destroy the entire land of Sylvan. A hero saved them, who was also the lover of the goddess, and ultimately killed her, sealing her within the Sylvan tree for eternity.

That's why they came every day to worship it. From Lucian's perspective, it seemed rather useless. The Sylvan tree was nothing impressive, at best a divine-class artifact that healed and debuffed enemies of the base. However, Lucian liked the backstory, and as a perfectionist, how could he neglect his NPCs? Moreover, the Light Elves weren't the only ones who came to worship the Sylvan Tree; there were Dark Elves too, though they were far fewer in numbers compared to the Light Elves. Their lores, however, were intertwined. Unlike in other series where they were often at each other's throats, in this lore, the Dark Elves and Light Elves were both peaceful races of elves thriving upon the Valkyries' fertile land, until doomsday came.

"So, this should be fine," Lucian said as he held out his hand and tapped on his inventory, skillfully navigating the interface and selecting the option to place the item.

Where he was standing was actually an elevated platform with stairs made of tree branches leading up to it. Immediately, a huge statue of a Valkyrie in armor standing valiantly, looking at the sky with her lance raised, appeared. The statue was exquisitely designed, and even in the VR world, it looked beautiful and lacked little in terms of realism. As soon as the statue was placed, Lucian received a notification.

[The item's effect will take place in 10 - 9...]

A timer appeared, and Lucian stood there as the statue began to shine, emitting a green light that shot upwards into the sky. It illuminated the bright sky, casting green shadow over the dazzling sun and blue sky. Green covered the sky of the Sylvan Sanctuary area, as if a barrier had enveloped the place. The sky and the sun were just effects and add-ons created with data crystals. Although they were expensive, they were worth investing in. In fact, the sun and the sky in this place were designed to be as realistic as possible.

"One is done, two more remain," Lucian muttered as he summoned his transcendent wings, which were golden, and shot upwards towards the sky. He effortlessly broke through the green barrier, making his way through the beautiful green forest. He could see some elves here and there, running and going about their business. These elves wore various outfits and acted as if they were alive, but they were, in fact, following a scripted act, repeating the same processes over and over until their AI timers reset, and they all went to sleep. These Light Elves were all level 30 to 40 mobs, and they served as pop-up mobs. As long as at least two of them remained every two weeks, the NPCs would respawn. However, unlike the undead who didn't need any money to maintain them, due to these light elves being alive, it took a certain amount of money every month to maintain them. Otherwise, they would start getting less and less

Lucian was now heading towards a special tree, one of great importance.

He arrived in an area where the Light Elves lived. The trees here emitted a faint golden light, with golden leaves, vines, and trunks that had a slight golden hue. This was a characteristic of the Light Elves; they made everything appear golden in the places they inhabited, reflecting their natural affinity for light. Lucian couldn't help but wonder why it was golden when light is supposed to be colourless. 

He soon reached a grotto-like area surrounded by a magical layer. Passing through it, he entered a golden passage with trees on both sides. Lucian walked towards the end of the passage and was greeted by a massive tree with golden leaves and a trunk that shimmered with a swirling golden pattern.

The tree's roots seemed to merge with the entire area, emitting light into the ground as they soaked in the sun's rays.

"Let's see..." Lucian muttered as he accessed his command options and recalled the specific command he needed.

"[Present yourself: Myura]," Lucian commanded, and in an instant, a figure appeared, kneeling before him.

A young lady, Myura had stunning copper-blonde hair that flowed down her back, with two braided sections falling gracefully in front of her chest. Her striking blue eyes were accentuated by a thin golden band adorning her head. She wore a green armor robe that covered her entire body, with a prominent blue gem embedded at her chest. A blade hung from her waist, hinting at her profession, though it was more complex than it seemed.

"[Rise]," Lucian commanded, and the beautiful elf gracefully stood up. Her beauty, combined with her long pointed ears, truly embodied the essence of fantasy. The golden scenery and specks of golden dust floating around, an effect added by Lucian himself, further enhanced the magical nature of the place.

"She is truly as I imagined her to be. Good job, me," Lucian complimented himself with a self-pat on the back as he gazed upon one of his favorite NPCs. Myura was not the most powerful, but she was far from weak. She served as the Area Guardian of Light Haven, where [Leohtfrassil] resided - the colossal golden tree.

[Leohtfrassil] was a world item, a fact known to few, and its true power was often underestimated. Lucian had received this world item as a reward after successfully completing the first three trials of the Hero Chain Quest solo.

[Leohtfrassil] functioned as a powerful buffing item. It provided blessings to all those who resided within the sanctuary, excluding enemies. However, it lacked the ability to debuff foes, which was its primary limitation. This world item was incredibly useful and invaluable for any guild, although not game-breaking. It required a charging period and could only provide buffs for up to three hours. While that duration was substantial, it was limited to covering the area of Light Haven, where the Light Elves made their home.

Lucian had a specific purpose in visiting this place today. And it was also related to this.

"[Stand back]," Lucian commanded, and Myura immediately complied, stepping behind him to take a protective stance as he surveyed the area.

Lucian swiftly accessed his menu and retrieved another statue of Valkyrie Freya, identical to the one he had placed in the Sylvan Sanctuary. He positioned it at the center of the area and, after a brief ten-second delay, another beam of light shot upward, but this time it was a brilliant gold, unlike the previous green one. The golden light connected with the green, seemingly merging into a barrier that covered half the sky over the entire forest.

With that done, Lucian turned his attention to Myura, who stood beside him, her beauty as captivating as ever. Originally, Lucian hadn't planned to create any NPCs for these places unless he found world items that could be used to significant effect. He had intended to allocate most of the NPC levels to the Citadel of Sin, considering its a true dungeon, unlike the boss bases which were comparatively smaller, or the vast Castel of Valhalla, which resembled a dungeon in its own right.

"[Kneel]," Lucian commanded, and Myura promptly knelt, her expression remaining as impassive as always. Lucian studied her closely, standing on tiptoe as if trying to see something specific, a peculiar glint in his eyes.

"The only thing she's lacking is breasts. Should I give her some, or should I keep her as close to her original design as possible?" Lucian mused aloud as he accessed Myura's NPC customization screen.

[Customization Menu]

[Type]

Custom NPC

[Name]

Myura 

[Humanoid]

[Race]

Light Elf

[Gender]

Female

[Alignment]

Neutral Good

[Karma]

+100

[Level - 100]

[Racial Class]

Not Available

[Job Class]

• Light Mage : Lvl - 10

• Sword Master : Lvl - 10

• Elementalist (Fire) : Lvl - 10

• Elementalist (Earth) : Lvl - 10

• Armoured Mage : Lvl - 10

• Arcane Duelist : Lvl - 10

• Sword Saint : Lvl - 10

• Golden Saint : Lvl - 5

• Fire Archon : Lvl - 10

• Earth Archon : Lvl - 10

[Racial Levels - None]

[Job Levels - 100]

[HP - 75/75]

[MP - 92/92]

[Phy. Atk: 86]

[Phy. Def: 78]

[Agility: 92]

[Mag. Atk: 91]

[Mag. Def: 84]

[Resist: 66]

[Special: 65]

[Creator - «Lucian Aeternus»]

[Area Guardian - «Light Haven»]

[Settings]

-Residence-

Illuminating Crystal Chamber of Leohtfrassil

-Battle Settings- 

«Aggresive» «Lone» «Loyal» «Calm»

-Story Settings-

« Myura is an elf, serving as the area guardian of Light Haven and the world item, Leohtfrassil, the tree of light. She possesses an enchanting beauty, her eyes aflame with passionate intensity. Her Beauty is captivating, capable of bringing down entire nations with her bewitching charm. She carries herself with pride, considering those not created by her Maker as inferior beings. Despite her haughtiness, she rarely takes actions against them, as she is generally a calm and peace-loving individual. However, glimpses of her more aggressive nature can occasionally surface.

Myura's mind is both quick and astute, allowing her to make steady decisions swiftly, a quality that earned her the position she holds. She is well aware of her own strength, yet remains grounded, knowing that her purpose is to harness the power of the Light Tree Leohtfrassil to protect her master's lands from any threats. As an elf, she has a deep affinity for nature and enjoys spending time by Leohtfrassil's pond. She constantly strives to expand her knowledge, immersing herself in the Lore library, reading books.

In the presence of her creator, Myura can display moments of immaturity, yet she remains incredibly loyal, eagerly following any command. Her life is wholly dedicated to the light, though she holds her creator in the highest regard, believing nothing to be more brilliant and bright than him. Despite her intelligence, she can be clumsy at times, tending to act before she thinks, especially when it concerns her creator. 

Moreover, Myura harbors a deep, unshakable love for him, verging on the obsessive and possessive side. (A classic yandere). »

Her settings were interesting and had been written by Lucian himself. However, there were a few aspects he hadn't written, such as her revering him as the brilliant creator. Lucian suspected that Mei Mei and Suzune might have played a role in adding these traits, given their recent interest with creating NPCs. They had been displaying strange, almost cult-like behavior ever since they discovered the joys of creating NPCs. In fact, Lucian wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to make every NPC in all five bases infatuated with him for the sake of their unusual role-play experiment, which even made Lucian wonder if he had entered an alternate timeline.

"Ughh... If someone sees these settings, they'll think I'm some creep," Lucian briefly contemplated deleting them, but he ultimately decided against it because it felt like erasing something crucial.

Lucian swiftly dismissed the NPC settings without making any alterations and surveyed the area. Several NPCs were present, all of whom had been created by Suzune and Mei Mei. It was noteworthy that these NPCs were all female, which was unusual but oddly acceptable.

"Let's finish this quickly," Lucian stated as golden wings once again appeared behind his back. In an instant, he found himself flying in the direction of another tree, one shrouded in darkness. Unlike the previous tree, this one lacked a protective barrier and was connected to a cave leading to the dwelling place of the Dark Elves.

Lucian contemplated who the area guardian of Dark Haven was for a moment. He realized that he had neglected his time in the Sylvan Forest due to his intense focus on the Citadel of Sin and Castle of Valhalla.

"Ah, yes! [Present yourself: Regan]," Lucian issued the command. Immediately, from the dark cavern beneath the tree, an NPC walked in and knelt before him.

This elf, named Regan, had a distinctive appearance. Unlike typical elves, his skin was slightly tanned, even though he was a dark elf. His skin didn't exhibit the entirely tanned complexion characteristic of normal dark elves. He wore a disheveled robe that appeared as if it were made of rags. His physique was thin, almost resembling that of a skeleton. Two pointed ears protruded from his head, and his hair was slightly damp and purplish.

[Type]

Custom NPC

[Name]

Regan

[Humanoid]

[Race]

Dark Elf

[Gender]

Male

[Alignment]

Neutral Evil

[Karma]

- 100

[Level - 100]

[Racial Class]

Not available

[Job Class]

• Scribe : Lvl - 15

• Enchanter : Lvl - 10

• Arcane Scribe : Lvl - 10 

• Arcane Caster : Lvl - 15

• Scholar : Lvl - 15

• Arcane Scholar : Lvl - 10

• Sage : Lvl - 10

• Arcane Lexicographer : Lvl - 10

• Dark Scribe : Lvl - 5

[Racial Levels - None]

[Job Levels - 100]

[HP - 54/54]

[MP - 76/76]

[Phy. Atk: 46]

[Phy. Def: 43]

[Agility: 43]

[Mag. Atk: 67]

[Mag. Def: 67]

[Resist: 65]

[Special: 120]

[Creator - «Lucian Aeternus»]

[Area Guardian - «Dark Haven»]

[Settings]

-Residence-

Scribe Passage

-Battle Settings- 

«Calm» «Commanding» «Group Leader» «Resourceful»

-Story Settings-

« He is a mysterious appearing dark elf who serves as the area guardian of Dark Haven. Beneath his smiling facade, he hides many secrets and mysteries. His true passion lies in unraveling the secrets of magic, and he is dedicated to discovering every truth about it. In addition to his role as the area guardian, he commands the army of dark elves in his domain. He possesses excellent leadership skills and is a skilled scribe. His intelligence is remarkable, and he is a curious and avid learner, especially in the field of magic.

He's willing to go to great lengths to acquire knowledge, even resorting to creating magic scrolls by sacrificing NPCs. However, he doesn't hold any ill will towards these NPCs; it's merely a natural part of his quest for knowledge. He possesses deep knowledge of both ancient and modern technologies. He also has a keen interest in hieroglyphs and runes, similar to Riveria, but unlike her, he doesn't waste time with kindness and humane gestures. His primary focus is understanding and uncovering the mysteries of magic, exploring the laws that govern it, and seeking ways to surpass those laws. His ultimate goal is to present his master, creator, and god with a method to surpass super-tier magic. »

He was an NPC designed by Lucian for the dark Haven, based on a character from one of his favorite old animes that existed about 100 years ago.

Lucian created this NPC to ensure a steady supply of magic scrolls, as this NPC could generate around 200 magic scrolls every day. With these scrolls, he could even cast 10th-tier spells, provided he had the necessary items and spells.

"[Stand back]," Lucian ordered as he brought out the console and placed another statue of Freya in the middle of the dark tree.

The dark tree presented a stark contrast to the glowing golden tree before it. Its leaves were dark and falling, creating a night-like atmosphere, while its trunks were obsidian like and seemed to merge with the cavern, emitting a dark, hollow aura.

This tree was another world item, known as [Sceadfrassil], the polar opposite of [Leohtfrassil]. While Leohtfrassil granted buffs, Sceadfrassil inflicted intense debuffs on enemies and invading players.

As the 10-second timer ticked down, a dark light shot into the sky, expanding and connecting with the green light, resulting in a powerful explosion. The sky momentarily turned black before returning to its usual blue hue. The green, golden, and black lights were gone, leaving only the sky visible.

"Perfect," Lucian exclaimed, satisfied with the effect taking place.

The three items were an expanded effect item, each of which Lucian had customized to resemble the statue of Freya. These items were divine-class artifacts, possessing the power to enhance and expand the effects of any items, including world items. This meant that the two world items could now debuff all enemies and buff allies across the entire Sylvan forest simultaneously.

"Preparation is complete," Lucian announced as he flew towards the center of the forest. He had momentarily forgotten to check on an NPC he had created, the guardian of Sylvan Sanctuary.

Once again, wings sprouted from Lucian's back as he arrived at the heart of the Sylvan forest. One might wonder why he didn't simply teleport. The truth was, he could, but where was the fun in customizing worlds if he couldn't explore them?

"[Present yourself: Riveria]," Lucian called out, standing before the massive green tree. A presence immediately appeared and knelt before him.

"[Stand back]," Lucian ordered as the NPC rose to her feet and positioned herself in front of him.

Riveria had jade-green hair, long, pointed ears, and an exceptionally beautiful face. She wore a green outfit with yellow borders, a white cloak, a black belt, a yellow sash, black leggings, and long brown boots. Her eyes matched the shade of green in her hair. Despite her lack of emotion, her face conveyed seriousness and strictness, reflecting her personality.

[Type]

Custom NPC

[Name]

Riveria Ljos Alf

[Humanoid]

[Race]

Light Elf

[Gender]

Female

[Alignment]

Neutral

[Karma]

+50

[Level - 100]

[Racial Class]

Not available

[Job Class]

• Mage : Lvl - 15

• Arch Mage : Lvl - 10

• Sage : Lvl - 10

• Archer : Lvl - 10

• Elemental Lord : Lvl - 10

• Fighter : Lvl - 10

• Priest : Lvl - 10

• Bishop : Lvl - 5

• High Sage : Lvl - 5

• Al Flora : Lvl - 5

• Al Iyes : Lvl - 5

• Al Infera : Lvl - 5

• Commander : Lvl - 3

• Teacher : Lvl - 2

[Racial Levels - None]

[Job Levels - 100]

[HP - 55/55]

[MP - 95/95]

[Phy. Atk: 78]

[Phy. Def: 65]

[Agility: 81]

[Mag. Atk: 105]

[Mag. Def: 85]

[Resist: 78]

[Special: 93]

[Creator - «Lucian Aeternus»]

[Area Guardian - «Sylvan Sanctuary»]

[Settings]

-Residence-

Heart of Sylvan Tree

-Battle Settings-

«Calm» «Commanding» «Leader» «Rational» «Problem Solver»

- Story Settings -

« Riveria is a Light Elf and serves as the area guardian of Sylvan Sanctuary. Her demeanor is marked by seriousness and a strict personality, typical of her race. As a mentor, she is relentless in her pursuit of constant improvement, pushing her students through pressure and coercion. Nevertheless, in the heat of battle, she maintains composure, demonstrating high intelligence and leadership-like qualities when dealing with unexpected situations.

Within the guild of Vice Requiem, Riveria is known for her kindness and understanding, treating fellow NPCs like family and ensuring their well-being. She does exhibit a certain degree of superiority when interacting with other races, considering them unworthy of her master's favor.

Due to her advanced age, Riveria possesses extensive knowledge. However, when it comes to matters of love, she lacks expertise, displaying no interest in anyone other than her master and creator. Her difficulty in conveying her feelings in this area sometimes leads to erratic behavior and tendencies towards stalking, placing her in the category of a yandere, which she is. »

"Why the fuck are they all yandere? Seriously!" Lucian facepalmed as he read through the details. Despite his intention to make her strict and disciplined, there was no mention of her stalking him or having a yandere personality.

"Are Suzune and Mei Mei playing some game with me? Or am I really shifting between timelines?" Lucian wondered, genuinely puzzled by the bizarre turn of events.

"Let's leave it at that, I don't wanna think about it anymore," Lucian said as he pushed the settings option aside and instructed her to return to her designated spot.

"The next step is to obtain that world item..." Lucian muttered to himself as he extended his golden wings and ascended into the sky. His gaze scanned the heavens as he observed an NPC standing near the Sylvan tree, next to a tree with a concealed house inside.

She was an exceptionally beautiful young lady with golden blonde hair and a slender physique. She wore a white and black battle outfit, complete with black arm covers and long blue boots. Although she usually donned her divine class gear, she was not currently engaged in battle, so she was not wearing it. Her face remained emotionless, even more so than other NPCs, a distinctive trait of hers.

[Type]

Custom NPC

[Name]

Ais Wallensetin

[Humanoid]

[Race]

Manava

[Alignment]

Neutral

[Karma]

00

[Level - 80]

[Racial Class]

Not available

[Job Class]

• Hunter : Lvl - 15

• Sword Master : Lvl - 10

• Blade Dancer : Lvl - 10.

• Sword Saint : Lvl - 10

• Sword Sorcerer : Lvl - 10

• Arcane Blade : Lvl - 10

• War Mage : Lvl - 10

• Sword Maiden : Lvl - 5

[Racial Levels - None]

[Job Levels - 80]

[HP - 65/65]

[MP - 44/44]

[Phy. Atk: 82]

[Phy. Def: 65]

[Agility: 83]

[Mag. Atk: 55]

[Mag. Def: 65]

[Resist: 67]

[Special: 71]

[Creator - «Lucian Aeternus»]

[Area Guardian - «Sylvan Sanctuary»]

[Settings]

-Residence-

Heart of the Sylvan Tree

-Battle Settings-

«Lone» «Aggresive» «Quick to Response»

-Story Settings-

« Ais is one of the guardians who work alongside Riveria in the Sylvan Sanctuary. She is also a student of Riveria and acts as a subordinate. Ais is a very quiet individual, struggling to express her emotions, which contributes to her mysterious aura within the guild. She can come across as somewhat absent-minded due to her reserved nature.

However, beneath her quiet exterior lies a strong-willed person who is determined to reach level 100, aspiring to become one of her master's personal servants. Ais harbors a deep and intense love for her creator, which she keeps hidden behind her reserved personality. She often carries out her actions with her creator in mind, making efforts to conceal these feelings from others.

Her dedication to reaching level 100 has led her to overlook common sense, a trait shared with many members of Vice Requiem. Additionally, Ais has displayed aggression towards monsters, stemming from a traumatic encounter with them. Nevertheless, she retains the rationality to understand that not all monsters are malevolent. »

"Now, who the hell turned her into a pervert?!" Lucian shouted loudly while still hovering in the air. A quick look at her story setting revealed that Suzune and Mei Mei had once again tinkered with his NPCs.

"I should have expected this. Forget it!" Lucian yelled as he soared higher into the sky, gazing down at the forest below.

It appeared as a beautiful green forest with three towering trees, each of them different colors, and many hidden enchanting spots throughout. All of these were created out of curiosity and other motives.

"Hmm... It's time to return. I need to use my remaining levels in the Citadel of Sin and Wraths Dominion Hall. Expanding the storages any further would be nearly impossible. Genesis is the way, I guess...," Lucian mumbled to himself as he tapped a ring on one of his fingers. He then plunged into the sky, causing a portal to materialize instantly. Lucian vanished into it, leaving the serene forest behind, devoid of any movement or sound.

___________________________________________________

You can read Advance Chapters on my patreon. 

Patreon.com/AzazelGrim

33