Chapter 1 – A plan formulates
900 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in an unfamiliar room. It was neatly furnished with modern décor and flooded with natural sunlight. The room had a calming ambience that immediately put me at ease. While looking around, I noticed a small handwritten note on the desk that caught my attention. It read, "I prepared your suit. I know it's hard for you, but it would mean a lot to Miyuki. Love, Mom"

I was confused. This room felt safe, but it was not my room. It was twice the size of it, and it had way nicer furniture and luxury items in it. I walked around and checked the wardrobe. It was full of high-quality shirts and pants that I didn't recognise.

'...….No way!'

I opened the door on the right side of the room, which led to a bathroom. I looked into the mirror, and I felt despair.

In the mirror, I didn't see my slightly pudgy 19 year old body, I saw a lean physique with a toned and slender build. Jet-black straight hair cascades neatly down to the shoulders. The mirror reflected striking blue eyes, which are deep and expressive, with a warm, reassuring gaze that conveys trustworthiness. Instead of my square face, I saw well-defined facial features, including high cheekbones and a strong jawline. The complexion is clear and smooth, radiating youthful vitality.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

I screamed from the top of my lungs. I was in a daze. Did the dream really happen? Did I switch bodies with my alternate self? What does that even mean? While I was pacing around my room and trying to make sense of the situation, a knock on the other door startled me. 

"Master Koiji, are you alright?"

The worried melodious voice snapped me out of my panic. I quickly checked that I was not indecent and opened the door. There stood, with a surprised expression, a tall woman in a suit. Her presence exuded confidence, and her eyes held genuine concern.

"I heard a commotion and thought something might be wrong."

She explained, her tone filled with compassion, instantly putting me at ease. The woman had a striking yet understated beauty. Her features were finely sculpted, with high cheekbones that accentuated her elegant profile. Her skin was flawless, with a natural glow that hinted at a healthy lifestyle.

She had chestnut coloured hair that fell gracefully down to her shoulders, framing her face delicately. Her eyes were a shade of hazel, reflecting both intelligence and warmth, and they were framed by long, dark lashes. 

Her attire was a well-tailored suit that emphasised her slender figure, and the way she stood exuded a natural grace. 

Unable to comprehend my situation and now faced with a beauty concerned for me, my brain was overwhelmed. I also felt a sudden sense of discomfort and itchiness when I saw her, I felt my blood pressure dropping.

"I am going to pass out."

As I finished that sentence, my conciseness was fading. The last sight I saw was the women's horrified expression and movement to catch me.

---------------

When I heard the young master's scream, I rushed to his door. His health monitor didn't show any abnormalities, so I knocked on the door. I didn't want to repeat the accident of my predecessors.

Surprisingly, he opened the door, and he looked surprised to see me. My heart was racing with concern. I saw him squirming uncomfortably, his face contorted with discomfort and unease. A sense of urgency coursed through me as I watched his colour drain, and I could almost see his blood pressure dropping. He uttered, "I am going to pass out," and my instincts kicked into action. At that moment, I was filled with a mixture of fear and determination. Without hesitation, I lunged forward, stretching my arms to catch him, hoping that my swift movement and care would be enough to prevent him from collapsing.

In the end, I embraced him as he lost consciousness. His skin felt smooth to the touch, and his scent made my chest tighten. However, I am a professional. I strengthened my muscles with mana and picked him up. Placing him in his bed, I caressed his hair.

---------------

I felt someone caressing my head as I slowly opened my eyes. This was the third time I woke up today. This time, I saw a beautiful woman smiling while stroking my head. When she noticed me looking, she quickly removed her hand and stood at attention.

"Master Koiji, how are you feeling? Would you like something to drink?"

"Uhm, yes... some water, please."

My head was still in a daze. I did not want to accept this situation, but I felt with every fibre of my being that it was real. What should I do? As I was pondering that, the woman returned with a clear glass of water in her hand. She kneeled next to the bed and looked at me with a warm gaze. Somehow, I felt a mixture of fear and attraction towards her. Unable to comprehend my feelings, I quickly drank the water. It was chilled and slightly fizzy, which I appreciated as it refreshed me. As I handed the glass back to the woman, I tried to think of how I could gather information from her.

“Master Koiji, would you like me to notify Madame?”

Hmm? With a questioning look, I stared at her face. I was once again admiring her hazel eyes.

“Umh… It’s Miss Miyuki’s performance day, and she was hoping you would attend, but if you are not feeling well, I’ll let her know not to expect you.”

Her words just made me more confused. I didn’t have any siblings in my world? Is that the right expression? Anyway, this was another divergence. Examining my room again, my whole family situation is extremely different. I let out a long sigh. I could feel the woman’s worrying look on me. This was not good. I realised I was trying to procrastinate by observing my situation when I knew what I needed to do. I had an older sister and mother who asked me something, yet they left the decision to me, and there was no need to think about it anymore.

“I’ll get ready. Do I need to hurry?”

I turned to the women with a determined look.

---------------

I felt my heart skip a beat. My young master’s statement took me by surprise. What’s more, his eyes held strength in them. It was my first time seeing him like this. Usually, he would either show fear or nervousness. 

“There is no need to hurry. We still have an hour until we have to leave.”

I reassured him. He nodded briefly. He was trying to get up from his bed, but I put my hand out, just before his chest without touching him.

“Master Koiji, please stay in bed. I will bring you your breakfast and then you can get ready.”

He once again looked at me with a surprised face. I was keeping my heart in check, but it was hard. The young master hasn’t shown this many different emotions before, yet now, I felt like he opened up to me. To make it easier on myself, I stood up and went to get his breakfast. Just before leaving the room, I turned towards him again.

---------------

“Please wait for me, Master Koiji.”

As the woman left, I felt a strong urge to obey her words. I sat up in bed and looked around again. There was a nightstand not far with a phone on top of it. Nice! A phone is a modern man’s treasure. It was his journal, wallet, library, and communication tool. I reached out and grabbed it. It was heavier and bigger than my smartphone, but it also had a larger screen. I tapped the screen, and it showed a familiar sight. The usual notification bar, a landscape background, and the time in the middle. It showed 9:13am, November 15, 45. Hmm… the 45 was concerning, but it’s something for later. I swiped up as I did not see the usual fingerprint symbol.

“Ah.”

It was locked with a code. Now, what would my alternate self's code be? Would it be a special date like when my friends and I formed the D&D group or some random number like a four digit version of Pi? The chances were endless, but I wasn't sure. The four digit version of Pi is often an option. And four would have to be a main theme, like the year I was born. So maybe a little something with my birthday. I should try it. I tried a number of options, but not one of them worked. Finally, I saw the dreaded sentence. "Too many incorrect attempts. Try again in 60 seconds.". 

“Haaaa.”

I let out a long sigh as my hopes were squished. There was a knock on my door again.

“Master Koiji, I brought breakfast.”

“Please come in.”

The woman opened the door. She held a silver tray in her left hand like she was a waiter at a high-end restaurant. She gracefully walked to the desk and placed the tray on it. She swiftly came back to my side as if it was only natural. I looked at her, now kneeling next to the bed.

“Uhm… Is it okay to get up now?”

“Yes, please go ahead and eat Master Koiji. If you need anything, you can call me anytime as always.”

She stood up and stepped away. This allowed me to leave the bed. I felt relieved that she allowed me to do so. This caused a conflict with me. I wasn’t sure if it was an ingrained reaction from my previous self or from my actual self due to her appearance. I stretched my new body, which felt way more flexible than my previous one. I saw the woman’s eye follow my hand as I brought it down.

“Ah.”

I still had my phone in it. Maybe… maybe she knows my password? It shouldn’t hurt to ask. I think…

“Right…”

I held out my phone to her, and she once again looked at me with confusion.

“I forgot my password.”

It is a simple statement but with meaning, as she now showed an understanding look.

“I’ll unlock it while you eat.”

Another simple statement with meaning, but it was lost on me. Maybe she was going to hack it? Or did she need time to find where I wrote it down? I left my phone on the nightstand and came to the desk with its tray filled with food and sat down. Wow, this looks good. Steamed rice with scrambled eggs on top in a perfect circle, a small bowl of miso soup, salmon sashimi with some soy sauce in a tiny bowl, and some cut-up pickles. As the main dish, a grilled mackerel fillet was beautifully put together. Hmmmm. Looks like the traditional breakfast my Mom would sometimes cook on the weekend when I was younger. A hearty meal is perfect for waking up. I started with my chopsticks. 

After a good 20 minutes of enjoying the restaurant quality breakfast, I stood up. The meal allowed me to calm down somewhat and organise my thoughts. A small plan was formulating in my head. Let's go back to my phone. She should be done by now. First, I'll confirm her identity and my own circumstances, hopefully, and then start confirming basic facts about this world.

 

A/N:

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment if you have any feedback.

16