Chapter 10: The Hero
4.4k 23 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: The Hero

-----------------------------------------------

“If I were asked on whether I want to return to my home world, I would definitely say no. Why should I return, when here I am treated like a hero, a saviour, a messiah? I’d rather live here in luxury, than live on Earth in mediocrity.”

 

 

Feng Wei, 3rd Summoned Hero of Adion

Year 214

//

--POV: Ryuta Koichi—

--Place: First Princess’ Dorm Room / Time:11:06—

“Can you win the tournament?” The first princess, Lilith Von Adion, asks me this question for the 5th time.

“Yes, Lilith” My 5th answer, which happens to be the same as the four before it. “I did not find any capable threat to me, so me winning this is pretty much sealed”

“Confident, now are we?” The princess raises an eyebrow, as she sips on the tea. Before suddenly frowning. “Too much sugar, do it again” She puts the tea cup on the tea plate with a *CLANK* of glass hitting glass. Isn’t this tea set expensive as fuck? She treats it like it’s garbage, as expected of royalty.

“Yes, your highness” The maid that was in the background steps forward before taking the tea, with the same stoic expression she had since we left the palace, she must be used to this. “Add more tea leaves this time” The princess calls to the maid that was mid-leaving.

“So where were we, Ryuta?” The princess turns back to me and smiles, as if whatever happened just now was a figment of my imagination.

“We were talking about the tournament?” She nods her head, picking up on where she left off.

“Yes, about that, there are a few people in this tournament you should be wary of, such as…..” With her face leaning on the palm of her right hand, and her right elbow resting on the edge of the table. I can confidently say she looks mesmerising as her hair flutters slightly due to the wind, and the noon sun lighting half of her perfect face, I have never seen someone so beautiful before. “….Are you listening?”

“H-huh? Yes, I am” Damn, I was so caught up in her beauty I forget to focus. “As you were saying?” Can’t believe I slipped like that…..

“So you weren’t listening” After a light scoff, she continues “I was talking about dangerous opponents you may encounter during the tournament”

“Repeat them for me, please?” I give the gentlest tone I can muster.

“There is Alex Maxwell, Samuel Dorneez, Clarissa Chamberlayne and Lucy Ragnant”

“These people are dangerous?” I hope I can remember those names.

“If you face any of them, make sure to put your guard up. Wouldn’t want you accidentally losing, now would we?” A smug smirk plasters her face as she pokes me with another annoying remark.

Just you wait, when I win the tournament, someone is going to be regretting talking to me like this. “Oh, and I don’t have to remind you that your identity as a summoned hero shouldn’t be known to anyone that isn’t under the crown, correct?”

“Jeez, you are such a worrywart. I won’t expose my identity, so you can stop worrying” Her face goes red, to the point of a tomato, she is so cute like this.

“I-I’m not a worrywart!” Yelling with a beet red face doesn’t make you convincing princess.

If I’m not mistaken, the otaku culture back at home, would be worshipping this princess as if she is some goddess. Yet here she is, shaken up after a little teasing, heh.

“Anything else, my princess?” I reply with fake courtesy, however, don’t get me wrong. I’m not messing with her because I dislike her, quite the opposite actually. It’s because I like her that I can’t stop teasing her.

To be honest, if King Valarith allowed me to, I would marry her without a second thought.

“No, I won’t hold you up any longer”

--POV: Lilith Von Adion—

--Place: First Princess’ Dorm Room / Time:11:18—

He isn’t taking this seriously, is the first thought I have as soon as Ryuta leaves my dorm room. I swear, his carefree and lax attitude is going to bite us in the ass.

Not to mention, I, myself am running out of time. I am currently 24 years old, 5 years older than Ryuta, and am not engaged or married.

Father is pressuring me to find a man, after all, a 24-year-old princess without a man is unheard of. To escape becoming a victim of a political marriage, I come to this university alongside this hero, to gain merit.

The crown prince, my older and only brother, is my only obstacle to the throne. So if I can somehow get rid of him, I can decide who I marry and how I live my life.

This hero is my key, if I can somehow use him to destroy my brother’s life, I win. Afterwards, I’ll either assassinate this hero or use him for something else.

The most sickening part, is where I have to play the shy, fragile, spoiled princess. I have never been a good actor anyways, and I am not planning on training to be one, just because of one lazy dude.

As long as I have decent intel on all of Ryuta’s opponents, we can win this. The one worrying me the most is Clarissa, with nearly all information of her prowess censored by the Chamberlayne family. What to expect from her during the tournament is unknown.

It seems I’ll have to bribe the university officials again, this time to make sure Chamberlayne doesn’t match up with Ryuta, just so I can observe her fighting skills in other matches, and get a decent understanding of how strong she actually is.

Despite the situation looking gloomy, I really hope the divine powers granted to Ryuta can push him to victory, as that is the only thing he has going for him. He is lazy and doesn’t train at all, with zero skill or technique, he is trying to overcome everything with blunt power he was granted on his summoning.

I really, really hope this tournament goes down smoothly.

106