First D-Class Dungeon
88 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Watching Dante's retreating figure, Dex's expression turned icy.

"Hmph! Think you're something special? You probably stole that outfit." Dex muttered, overhearing the suppressed laughter from his teammates.

Dex returned to his team, his expression stormy.

"Wow! Our fearless leader got the cold shoulder?" quipped the lone girl in their group.

"Haha! Turned down by someone with that 'fancy' car?" chimed in the mustached man.

"HAHAHA!" joined in the final member of their group, laughing heartily.

"Enough! When we enter the dungeon, pretend he doesn't exist, even if he's being chased by a Ghast Wolf!" Dex commanded firmly. His team nodded, wearing knowing smiles.

"U-Um, can I join you?" Suddenly, a voice broke in. They turned to see a man with a lean physique standing behind them.

As Dex examined the newcomer's attire, his brow furrowed. Nevertheless, he took a step forward and addressed the man.

"What's your Skill?"

"I'm a support type. I specialize in accelerating healing for my target." the man explained.

Dex's eyes gleamed with enthusiasm. He reached out to pat the man on the shoulder, but upon realizing the quality of the man's clothing, he abruptly stopped, slipping his hand behind his back. He produced a handkerchief, meticulously wiping his hand.

"Excellent! You're welcome to join us. Here, take this." he said, passing his bag to the man. Seeing this, the rest of the team followed suit, offering their bags to him as well.

Dante observed this exchange in silence.

They were set to embark on their dungeon conquest in another hour, still waiting to see if any other Holders would arrive.

After a while.

Another group arrived, hailing from a mid-sized guild and comprising four members. After completing their registration, everyone congregated in front of the dungeon portal.

Dante's excitement surged, knowing that this would mark his inaugural foray into a D-class dungeon!

***

This dungeon, situated within the clothing factory, had manifested eight hours ago, emanating a D-class energy that demanded immediate closure. There was no limit to the number of participants allowed, but possessing a two-star medal was a prerequisite. As for the mysteries lurking within, they remained shrouded in uncertainty.

Dante recalled the details he had gathered about the dungeon before him. The portal dwarfed those of an F-class, stretching nearly 6 meters, and the energy it emitted was palpable.

Dex and his teammates meticulously inspected their gear, ensuring they had everything they needed, especially the essentials crucial for survival. Within a dungeon, time flowed differently, necessitating Holders to possess the right equipment and, in particular, an ample supply of food. Holders boasted a significantly higher metabolism compared to ordinary individuals.

Some astute entrepreneurs had recognized this as a business opportunity, developing foods rich in protein suitable for Holders. However, these products were manufactured using mana, rendering them unusable for Dante, as the system rejected any interaction with mana-based items.

Dante found the prospect frustrating—he'd have to hunt for monsters he could consume within the dungeon. Although he still had some stocks in his inventory, he knew it wouldn't last.

A staff member stepped forward to provide them with a briefing about the dungeon.

After a minute or so, the staff departed, announcing that they could now enter the portal.

Dex and his teammates exuded an air of calm confidence, mirroring the demeanor of the other group. It was clear this wasn't their first time entering a D-class dungeon.

In due course, the first Holder ventured into the dungeon, followed by another, and finally, Dante.

Whoosh!

Dante entered the dungeon, enveloped in a sensation of weightlessness. Despite having experienced this before, the anticipation of entering a D-class heightened the excitement.

A kaleidoscope of colors danced before his eyes—white, black, yellow, red, blue—until suddenly, everything turned pure white.

After a few seconds, Dante could feel gravity assert itself. His foot met solid ground, and his vision returned to normal.

Before him stretched an underground cavern, its stalactites shimmering while luminescent fungi cast a dim, otherworldly glow. The cave exuded a cool, damp atmosphere, with its rugged terrain presenting a challenge for anyone not accustomed to such environments.

Suddenly, Dante sensed a presence drawing near. Turning to his side, he saw a woman approaching.

She sported a bob haircut, delicate eyebrows, and brown eyes, dressed in a casual clothes of jeans and a windbreaker.

She greeted him with a warm smile, extending her hands.

"Hi! Are you on your own? Would you like to join us?" she offered, her voice inviting.

Dante regarded the outstretched hand, then met her gaze.

"No." Dante responded, his voice devoid of emotion. This marked the second occasion someone had invited him to join their group, but Dante was resolute in his decision to go solo. Though ,so far, he's only been answering "no". 

The woman's expression momentarily fell, but she swiftly moved on. Instead, she retrieved something from her chest—a Medal engraved with two stars.

"Why don't we link our Medals?" she proposed. One of the primary functions of a Medal was to link with others. This allowed Holders to communicate within a dungeon even if they were separated, as long as they remained within the Medal's linking range. Modern technology ceased to function within a dungeon so this feature is well liked by Holders.

Dante contemplated for a moment if it was worth it.

'It's my first time in a D-class dungeon. I can always block her communication if I choose to, and there's no harm in linking with her.'

"Alright." Dante replied, retrieving his own medal.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Samantha. We're all members of the Skara Guild," Samantha said, gesturing towards her teammates behind her.

After linking their medals, and noticing Dante's silence, Samantha cleared her throat awkwardly.

"C-can you tell me your name?"

"Eka."

"I see. If you have any questions, just communicate through the medal," Samantha suggested before heading back to her teammates. However, Dex, who had been observing them the entire time, intercepted her.

"Could we also link our Medals?" Dex inquired, producing his own.

"No." Affected by Dante, Samantha stated coldly, striding past him. This left Dex momentarily stunned before his surprise turned into anger.

He was on the verge of shouting at Samantha, but they were already pressing forward.

While it would have been advantageous to stick together, given their different guild affiliations, they viewed themselves as rivals. Samantha had approached Dante out of pity for his solitary status, and nothing more. If Dante made any move against her, she wouldn't hesitate to retaliate.

Dex redirected his ire towards Dante, but all he saw was Dante's retreating figure.

"You only came here alone? You're courting death if you think you could walk freely in a D class dungeon." Dex muttered.

"Let's move!" Dex called out, prompting his teammates to forge ahead.

2