Ch: 93 [Deadshot]
725 6 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[2 hrs later]

[Location: Underground base]

"So this is your secret base?" Alice said as she looked around the base in awe, "You told me you were rich, but this... This is fucking insane." The place looked like a grand lab filled with sophisticated machines and a little bit of a workshop. Various types of weaponry that she has only seen in fiction lay stacked all around and some gadgets she couldn't recognize. In short, it was an expensive showcase of advanced and most probably the most deadly technologies.

"What? Surprised?" Batman smirked as he put the unconscious sniper on a chair and handcuffed him with electric handcuffs. No human can break free of those without getting zapped. And it dampens the power of metahumans too.

"Yeah. I feel like out of place here. I mean, I never thought I would stand in Batman's hideout. A quick question, why did you bring me here? You could have just taken the thug and investigated him yourself. What if I expose your fancy hideout?" She sat on a nearby bench and switched the armor to bracelet mode. The nanites retracted and morphed, changing into a bracelet that was on her wrist.

"Because I trust you. And it would be sad to see you getting yourself killed out there. I told you to be careful, didn't I?" He took out two bottles of beer from the freezer and offered one to Alice.

"Thanks."

"So, how was it? Flying around, and kicking asses?" He sat on the chair in his armor.

"Felt amazing." She replied after gulping a sip of beer. "I never felt so powerful before. I mean, I was bulletproof and rocket-proof and I flew like a freaking jet. Oh, how much I am going to brag about this day to my future kids. Oh, how much I will boast about this to everyone when I grow old and senile." She grinned from ear to ear, thinking about how good she felt in that moment.

Batman chuckled as he stood up, "Glad to know. So, how about we start our little interrogation? I am sure, our sniper friend here has a lot of answers. And he's going to give us every bit of it." He walked toward the man in mask and ripped it open, "So, the man who never misses missed too many shots. Deadshot or should I call you Floyd Lawton?"

"Fuck you!" The sniper shouted, glaring at Alice and then back at Batman.

"Hey! Hey! It's not nice to curse at a lady. What are you, a rebellious teenager going through puberty?" Alice wagged her index finger while chastising him in a playful manner, "What about I blast your fucking balls out, huh?" She smirked and morphed the nanites into a grenade launcher and aimed it at his crotch. "Would you like that, or maybe you like it a bit kinkier... How about a flamethrower? I would love to watch you dance and sing while I roast your stick and balls."

"No need for that," Batman stopped her from bluffing, "He isn't an enemy, just a man in a difficult situation." He touched his bald head. The nanites morphed into thin threads and entered Deadshot's body through his eyes and nose, reaching directly into his brain.

"Stop! What the fuck...? Gaaahhh!" Deadshot screamed as he thrashed around the chair, "Stop, stop!"

"It will only take a few minutes," Batman replied, not letting go of him, "You better relax if you don't want to turn into a vegetable." He placed a hand on Deadshot's shoulder, "You want to be free or remain her slave forever?" His words made him stop. Deadshot gritted his teeth, enduring the intense pain. The threads entered deeper into his brain, reaching a small explosive that was surgically installed there by Amanda Waller.

"What are you doing to him?" Alice asked.

"The device implanted in his brain prevents him from betraying Amanda Waller or betraying her mission. A small diversion from the mission and boom. He will turn into a meat platter. She follows his tracks like a fucking creepy stalker and is probably holding his family hostage, indirectly threatening him to work for her." Batman replied, "You will be free, Floyd. No need to fear her any longer."

"You can't help me! She is untouchable. Her people are everywhere. My family will be in danger... My daughter's future..." He was panicking as the small bomb inside his brain began to deactivate. The nanites equipped with Jarvis allowed him to bypass the bomb's protection and disable it without blowing his brain up. It disintegrated the bomb into dust particles as the nanites absorbed them.

The nanite threads slowly came out of his body and Batman reconstructed the bomb back on his palm. He placed it on the table before Deadshot. "Fuck!" He shook his head as his eyes regained focus and he realized what was happening.

"I will provide everything your daughter needs. Education, medical expenses, a home, and protection. Even Waller won't be able to touch a hair on her head." Batman explained.

"But, you need info on the recent crimes in Gotham," Deadshot said as he looked up at Batman and Alice.

"Oh no, I think you are getting something wrong here. It's not that I want what you know, it's that you are going to tell me everything you know of your own free will if you want to see this..." He took the small bomb from the table, "...in Waller's head..." He morphed a remote out of the nanites, "...and this and your daughter's future in your hands..." He placed it on the table and uncuffed him, "The choice is yours. Become a hero in your daughter's eyes or live the rest of your life in the shadows of crime... Pick your poison."

"Fuck! Fine, fine. I will tell you everything I know, but my daughter comes first. Waller must know I have gone rogue since you have pulled that thing out of my head," Deadshot replied after thinking for a while.

"I would beg to differ," Batman walked toward the computer and entered some commands. "This is what Waller and the rest of the world are seeing right now." He pulled up footage that Jarvis created and played it in front of him. In that footage, the bomb in Deadshot's head detonated and blew his face apart the moment he got captured.

"She pulled the trigger?!" He said as his heart almost jumped out of his chest. He took a moment to calm down as he knew that he had another chance at a good life.

"Yes. Well, atleast that would have happened if my AI hadn't hacked into her system and showed her what she wanted to see. And we made sure to hide every single trace of you being alive. Congrats, you are officially dead to the rest of the world," He entered some commands and pulled up the live footage of Waller's headquarters. She was sitting in her office, making some calls. She looked very angry.

"That bitch!" Deadshot said through gritted teeth, "You know, let's do it. Help me take down Waller and I will tell you everything I know of H.I.V.E. And I will take up on your offer to be a hero. But, I want to be there, in front of Waller, before she takes her last breath. I want to look in her eyes and tell her... 'YOU DON'T FUCKING MESS WITH MY FAMILY'."

"Done." Batman smiled, "I think that would be the most satisfying thing. And, I could always use some good help." He nodded to Deadshot and gave Alice a slide nod, "But you know what would happen if she dies, right?"

"Yeah, I know. The government will find another puppet to replace her. So," He turned toward Alice, "What about you? You are a cop and I tried to kill you and now we are talking about assassinating a government agent who doesn't flinch to make bad or good decisions and keeps evil bastards like us in line. Don't you want to turn me in? It is your job, you know."

"Yeah. Well, it is my job, but it isn't a rulebook of what is right or wrong. My father took his life thanks to H.I.V.E. when I was just a little kid. I promised that day, to make them pay and bring them down, and you know what... Fuck it. Government agent or not, she is related to them. So, before blowing her head off, find out what she knows of them. Because if she knows anything, I want her to spill every last bit of it," Alice downed the rest of her beer before tossing it into the garbage can. "Oh, and Deadshot..." She turned toward him and stared directly at his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I will kill you, the next time you point your gun at me," She gave a smile and turned back to Batman. "Oh, I almost forgot. There was this thug with an artificial heart made by the Lex Corps. You think they are also involved in this messy shit?"

"I did some digging into their server and found nothing of H.I.V.E. activity, but for the past couple of weeks, they have been shipping high-grade plutonium into Star City. Legally, ofcourse. It was hard to trace them down. But look here," He shifted the holographic images that showed some shady people unloading the containers in a massive secured facility. There's a massive spacecraft-like thing in the middle of the restricted zone.

"The fuck is that?" Alice pointed at the spacecraft.

----


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it. Give ratings or a review if you are still reading this. It's over 90 chs, so, a few reviews helps.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next Chapter: A messy situation

52