Ch: 97 [Super Soldier Serum]
740 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The vita ray machine Bruce built inside the secret underground base is similar to the one Dr. Erskine used in Captain America series, but a lot bigger and futuristic. After adding the final touches, Bruce stripped naked and entered the capsule.

"Ok, phew, this is going to hurt and I will scream a lot, but don't open the pod no matter what happens, ok? Remember, don't do anything no matter what. Once the sync reaches 100%, the pod will open on its own," Bruce explained for the last time before Selina strapped his body tightly with metallic straps inside the pod.

"Good luck, Bruce," Diana wished him.

"I will kill you if you die on us," Selina threatened while trying hard not to cry. She kissed him deeply one last time.

"You have crossed a reality and lived. So, whatever happens, Bruce, you better fucking live and don't turn into a maniac, yeah? You still owe me a date and Ivy a movie night," Pamela smirked with a little smile.

"Yeah, I promise. This is not my first rodeo, ladies. Don't worry," Bruce chuckled. He trusted himself. He trusted the science and his own calculations. He believed that he would walk out of it alive and sane. "Well, see ya in a bit. Jarvis, initiate Protocol SSS."

[Initiating SSS Protocol]

[Activating Arc Reactor XR2]

[In... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...]

The pod closed shut as a bunch of robotic arms with syringes full of glowing blue serum emerged from the walls of the pod. One by one, they pierced Bruce's body, injecting the glowing serum. Then a helmet covered his head and neck. Selina and Diana watched with bated breaths as the countdown started. Ivy was monitoring his vitals through the monitor outside the pod.

After 10 seconds, Bruce screamed painfully inside the pod as the serum began to work. The serum burned his entire body and he struggled against the restraints as he screamed painfully. Diana and Selina's hearts tightened hearing him screaming in pain. Pamela grabbed her ears tightly to block his painful screams. Tears rolled down Selina's cheeks as she gritted her teeth tightly. Diana clenched the remote tightly and closed her eyes, praying silently for Bruce to live safely.

"ARGGGGGGG!!!" Bruce screamed painfully. Every inch of his body felt like burning slowly. The nanites were activating and spreading throughout his body. The serum was evolving his body rapidly and transforming his cells to enhance his muscles, bones, tissues, etc. He gritted his teeth tightly as tears rolled down his eyes. Sweats poured down like waterfalls, evaporating immediately due to the heat generated by the serum. The bright light emanating from the pod illuminated the entire underground base brightly. Diana and Selina had to cover their eyes.

Pamela monitored his vitals, biting her lips nervously. The moment the sync reached 68%, his screams were getting louder and painful. The pod shook violently, as he struggled to burst out unable to endure such pain. It was as if someone was pouring molten lava into his veins.

The light was getting brighter with every passing second.

[Sync 86%]

"How long?" Selina couldn't help but ask Pamela, unable to endure Bruce's painful cries anymore.

"86% sync... Few more minutes," Pamela informed her, biting her lips nervously. 'Hang in there, Bruce...'

Selina looked at Diana, who was sitting cross-legged in meditation, clutching the remote tightly with a determined look on her face. Her eyes were fixed on the pod.

"What's that remote for?" She asked Diana.

"..." Diana didn't reply.

Selina understood. Bruce gave the remote to her in case something happened and the process failed, and he became a crazy man. In such a situation, Diana must push the button to end his misery.

'Fuck you, Bruce!' Selina cursed internally. 'Why the fuck are you making us go through all this?'

Time passed agonizingly slow. Pamela was biting her fingers anxiously as the sync approached 96%. Her transformation was shifting between her human form and Ivy's form unconsciously due to her anxiety.

Finally, after an agonizing wait, the sync reached 100%

Bruce stopped struggling as his screams stopped suddenly. The bright light emanating from the pod also vanished instantly. Smoke was rising from the machine as it opened automatically. Selina was about to rush in and hug him, but Diana wrapped her with her lasso and pulled her back, not wanting to take a risk, in case Bruce turned violent.

"Don't rush," She looked at Selina.

Pamela, not transformed into her Ivy form stood beside Diana, ready to tackle Bruce if necessary. Diana's eyes were on the remote as her finger hovered over the big red button.

Bruce stepped out of the pod panting heavily. His body was glistening due to sweat and steam was coming out of his body. His eyes were glowing with a bright violet hue, but other than that, nothing seemed wrong. He fell to his knees, huffing heavily.

"Jarvis?" Ivy called hesitantly.

[System scan complete. Vitals normal. Nanites stable. No sign of mental instability. SSS protocol 100% successful.] Jarvis informed them.

Diana sighed in relief as she deactivated the lasso around Selina.

Bruce fell on the floor, unconscious due to the heavy toll the process took on his body. Selina rushed towards Bruce and hugged him tightly, crying. Diana smiled gently looking at her. Pamela fell to her knees and caressed his forehead gently.

"Thank god, you are alive," She whispered with tears rolling down her eyes.

[3 days later]

Bruce woke up with a splitting headache. He was feeling extremely hungry and tired. He looked at his surroundings groggily. It was his room in Wayne Manor.

"Humff!" He grabbed his head, "How long was I out?"

"That would be 3 days, Master Bruce," Alfred informed him walking in with a tray of food.

"That long? God, my head," He groaned in pain.

Alfred put the tray of food on the side table and helped him sit upright. "You got us all worried there for a moment or should I say days? Miss Selina wouldn't leave your side for even a moment and kept asking Jarvis every hour for updates regarding your condition."

Bruce drank some juice and ate fruits hungrily. "Is everything alright? Mom and Dad worried, I guess?"

"It is as you say, Master Bruce," Alfred nodded. "They were worried too but more angry that you didn't inform them."

"Another lecture coming up, huh?" He sighed tiredly.

"Indeed, young master," Alfred smiled. "But I am sure they understand the reason you didn't inform them about your little experiment on yourself. Princess Diana and Miss Pamela have explained everything to your parents. So, the lecture will be a little short this time around."

Bruce finished eating and drinking. Alfred helped him lay back. "Tell them I will talk to them once I get some rest."

"Will do, young master," The butler nodded and walked out of the room.

It took a few hours for him to adjust to his new body. He felt different compared to before. His senses were sharper and clearer. His strength and stamina were far beyond before. He could feel energy coursing through his veins. His mind was clearer than ever. He could tell the difference in himself just with a glance.

"Ok, let's see if the nanites are working," He mumbled to himself as he focused his mind. Instantly, a virtual screen appeared in his mind or before his eyes, he couldn't tell the difference. Information began scrolling through the screen.

"Excellent," He nodded satisfied.

He chose to transform his left arm into a gun. Instantly, nanites began moving across his left arm forming a black armored handgun with violet lines running across. Bruce smiled satisfactorily as he transformed his hand back into a hand. Next, he transformed his legs into rocket boots. The nanites flowed across his legs forming rocket boots with violet thrusters. He canceled the transformation and nodded satisfied. Everything worked perfectly according to his expectations. Now, he needed to test his combat abilities. But that can be done later.

"Alright, activate sonar vision mode," Bruce ordered mentally. Immediately, his surroundings transformed into a bunch of waves. He looked around to test his sonar vision. Everything looked different using sonar vision. Well, he had used it before with his visor, but now without any equipment, it felt different. It was more perfect than the visor. He canceled sonar vision mode.

He got down from the bed.

"Bat-armor Mark 4," He commanded mentally. Immediately nanites gushed out of his pores like thousands of tiny bugs crawling out covering his entire body in nanoseconds forming Mark 4 bat armor. Bruce checked his reflection in the mirror. "Perfect," He nodded satisfied. The armor was sleeker and darker. Most importantly, it fits perfectly with his enhanced physique with all-new and overhauled next-gen features. He canceled the armor. The nanites crawled back into his body within a second or so.

He then transformed his right arm into a blade. The nanites formed a sleek black gauntlet with violet lines running across. Bruce swung his arm testing its sharpness. He canceled the transformation and nodded satisfied.

"Hey, Skyler, you alright in there?" He looked at his lightning ring and asked the soul residing inside.

"Yes, Bruce," Skyler replied telepathically. "Your body feels weird, though."

"Hmmm, really?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Yes. I can see the change in your body," Skyler explained. "Your cells look different compared to before. Even though I reside in this ring, I can still sense your body using our psychic link. Your cells have undergone a massive change. I am looking forward to our next steamy session. Anyway, now that you have enhanced yourself, I hope you haven't forgotten about me, right?"

"Don't worry. Making clones requires years. I have already finished 40% of the work. Just need another year to finish the remaining 60%," Bruce assured Skyler.

"Great! By the way, congratulations on succeeding. Now, you are stronger than before," Skyler commented.

"Thanks."


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next Chapter: Villains

54