Ch: 102 [Showdown pt2]
695 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Batman got out of his stealth mode and decided to end the fight. He flew through the front gate and used the laser blaster to fire at the guards hiding behind covers. He slaughtered the remaining guards who survived the turrets within a few seconds. Blood ran through the land as countless dead and shredded bodies lay everywhere. It was a complete slaughter.

"Oh, found you," His scanner detected Scarecrow who was standing in a room on the top floor. It was vacuum sealed, so the gas couldn't escape. Scarecrow had his head peeking through the window with a smile on his face, looking at Batman. He then disappeared inside the room, closing the window behind him. "Ah! A nice plan. A reinforced room with vacuum sealed room."

Scarecrow's plan was to lure Batman into that room and seal him off then fill the room with his fear toxin. And since it's made with special material to endure a nuclear blast, he had confidence Batman wouldn't be able to break out from it, even with his advanced technology. He was certain of Batman's death.

"But that's not all you got, huh..." Batman scanned the building and saw there were three more rooms similar to this one. Scarecrow planned it in case he somehow gets out of one, he will get stuck in the next one, and in the end, he'll have nowhere to run and no other option than to die. However, Scarecrow made a slight miscalculation.

'Well, no point wasting any more time. Let's get rid of this entire island," Batman flew up into the sky and hovered above the building. He opened the weapon mode and selected an unstable Arc Reactor. He has never tested it before, but what could be a good time to try other than now? Considering the amount of energy it contains, it can turn this whole island into dust and vaporize everything.

The nanites formed a small blinking Arc Reactor on his palm. It was glowing in the dark like a mini-sun. "Here goes nothing," Batman dropped it on the top of the building and flew away to a safe distance.

The reactor landed on the building and exploded immediately. A blueish beam of light flashed out and turned into a sphere. Within a fraction of a second, it expanded, destroying everything. The whole island started trembling as the explosion turned into a shockwave. The bright blueish glow of the explosion illuminated the whole sky, making the night seem like day. It was like a mini-sun had been born in the middle of the sea. The water around the explosion vaporized turning into steam.

'Wow...' Batman was amazed seeing the destructive power of the Arc Reactor. 'Well, looks like I can't use this unless absolutely necessary.'

As the explosion calmed down, Batman hovered in the air. There was no sign of the island as the sea waves had covered the place. Not a single thing was left behind. Bruce was certain, that not even a single soul could survive that explosion. The waves were getting bigger, he could still see the sparking blue energy of the Arc Reactor, glowing underwater. But it was momentary as it was swallowed by the sea.

"Two more villains of DC are down," Batman flew toward the Lex Corps where Selina and Diana were. They should have taken down Mad Hatter by now. He called them, but neither answered.

He flew as fast as his boosters could allow. He didn't know why, but he had a bad feeling, and he hoped that the feeling didn't prove to be a reality.

Batman flew toward the Lex Corps.

"Jarvis, what's going on with Selina and Diana?" He called Jarvis.

[Their suits are functioning at 100%. Both their life signs are normal. Communication can not be established due to signal jammer. Analog system detected, thus hacking is not an option.]

"Understood." He sighed in relief knowing both the girls were ok.

****

[Lex Corps]

Selina and Diana have successfully infiltrated the facility. There was almost zero security inside the building which surprised them. But then again, they went bankrupt today, so, that might be the case.

"Well, lucky us. No guards, nothing. Let's just get that Mad Hatter," Selina commented as she hacked through the active system. To her surprise, there were no CCTVs or anything that could show her Mad Hatter's location. "They are playing clever. They took all hackable things out of this place."

"Nothing will come between me and finding out that criminal," Diana was ready. "No more tricks will work today, you better pray to God, Mad Hatter," She said menacingly.

"Don't worry," Selina morphed the nanites into tiny bots and scattered them all over. Around hundreds of them, she guided them using Jarvis to scatter out all over the building to create a map and provide them with vision. The bots, spread throughout the whole building in no time, reaching even places that were off-limit and would be impossible to infiltrate with sheer physical force. Slowly, the map of the entire building began to form on the visor as Selina and Diana walked forward.

As the map was getting done, Selina and Diana began to check out the first floor. After some time, it seemed that they had missed no areas and a flawless map was constructed. "Found you, bastard!" Selina slammed her fist on her palm as she saw Mad Hatter sitting on the top floor, sipping tea. There was no one else other than him. But strangely, he was looking down the ground like he was waiting for something. It was very weird.

"Let's go," Diana and Selina flew through the elevator route, landing straight on the top floor.

Diana punched the door, blasting it wide open. There was a table in front, and there he sat, The Mad Hatter, holding a cup of tea and wearing a top hat. "So you have come! Sit... Have some tea."

Diana charged at him with all her might. She smashed the table into pieces with a punch, grabbing him and throwing him in the air, followed by a hard smash right on his face, then punched him backward to the corner, "I hope you have remembered your God for I shall purge your evil existence from the face of Earth!"

"Don't!" Selina stopped her, "We need him to find the other missing girls. If they are dead, atleast we should hand over their bodies to their families, and if they are alive... Well, then that would be the greatest win. So control yourself, Diana." She grabbed her shoulder.

"Arggg!" Diana punched the wall with fury as Selina kept her restrained. Her anger got better, "You are right," She released her tension and stepped back.

After ten minutes of beating and torturing him, Selina almost gave up because Mad Hatter kept on rambling on about Alice and perfection and screaming about why his toxins and hypnosis weren't working...

"Alice... AH! So perfect... A true masterpiece..." He murmured, drooling and fidgeting all around. "You are even immune to my charms... Aaahahahaha! What a perfect being. Yes. Let's make Alice in Wonderland come alive... you will be my Alice! My precious Alice! Where have you gone?! I'll find you... oh... so beautiful. I will bring back Alice to the world!" Mad Hatter screamed in pure excitement.

[Booom!] Suddenly, the ceiling broke. Selina and Diana jumped back, aiming their weapons and missiles, at whoever was descending to the ground from the hole in the ceiling. Their scanner failed to detect the exact identity.

"You two alright? Damn, I was worried," Batman came down and checked both the girls.

"Batman," Selina's eyes widened when she saw his suit.

"Are you two okay?" Batman asked as he saw Mad Hatter who was now lying in the corner, laughing at God knows what.

"Yeah," Selina smiled. The relief and pleasure on her face were apparent.

"We are good," Diana gave a slight nod at him, "But this vile man won't answer our questions," she clenched her teeth, cursing him for the pain and suffering his wicked experiments have put on the citizens and families.

"Oh. Is it so," Batman slowly moved toward him, grabbed his shoulder, and made him stand up, "Lex and Scarecrow are dead. So, why not give us the info so you could join your friends on the other side? I promise to make it quick."

"Kekekeke!" Mad Hatter coughed up blood as he glanced toward Selina. A large grin formed on his broken mouth, "SINCE ALICE AND HER PRECIOUS FRIENDS ARE ALL HERE... LET'S ALL DIE TOGETHER."


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next Ch: 103: Case closed

Ch: 104: Barry Allen pt1 [Speedsters] 

Ch: 105: Barry Allen pt2 [Who is faster?]

Ch: 106: A day with Pamela 

46