Ch: 105 [Barry Allen pt2]
643 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Interesting..."

"Wha-?" Barry jumped up in shock after hearing a voice coming from somewhere within his lab. He looked around, but no one was there other than him, "Huh? Hello? Anyone there?" He mumbled and turned around to see someone standing in the shadows. "Who are you?"

Batman disengaged his stealth mode, which made Barry gulp in surprise. He has heard of Batman from the news, and from the videos of him in action. And now seeing him live, in front of his eyes, Barry couldn't help but be scared and excited at the same time. He considers Batman to be his idol. Ever since he got his power, Barry wanted to follow Batman's footsteps and become a vigilante. So, he helps around whenever anyone's in trouble whenever possible.

"Wow! Batman?!" Barry was kinda lost for words, "What are you doing here?"

"I have a proposal for you..." Batman replied, "How about becoming a hero?"

"Become a hero? Who? Me?" Barry pointed at himself, "I'm not sure I can do it. I mean, I just push people away from danger and sometimes try to solve some minor crimes..." He rubbed the back of his head with a bitter smile. "And I don't think I can stand toe to toe against criminals. I mean..."

"I'm putting up a team of superheroes..." Batman interrupted Barry, "And I want you to join us... Become one of the founding members of Justice League..."

"Justice League? There are others like me, you and Catwoman? Wow! That's awesome!" Barry exclaimed as his eyes darted around Batman's suit. He really wants to study it and see how it works. But, before he could even ask, Batman continued speaking.

"Yes, there are others. But let's focus on you, shall we? That power of yours... How much do you know about it?" Batman asked Barry as he grabbed a chair and sat down.

"Uhmm... I don't know. I can run really fast and sometimes with enough focus I can pass through stuff..." Barry answered Batman, "Why?"

"Have you ever heard about Negative Speed Force?" Batman asked Barry once more as he stood up and walked toward the speedster.

"Negative Speed Force?" Barry repeated, "No, never..."

"Haaa... So, you don't know anything," Batman sighed, "So, here's the deal. Join my team and I will train you. Then, when you completely master your power, I will tell you what happened that night... The night your mother died. The truth that no one knows. And I will get your dad out of prison."

Barry's eyes widened when Batman mentioned his mom and his father. His hands trembled and he almost fell to his knees if he wasn't holding onto the table. For years, Barry has been trying to find the truth behind his mother's death, but all ended up in vain. Now, Batman appeared out of nowhere saying that he knows the truth. He looked at Batman with a serious gaze. Those eyes were cold and fierce, which sent shivers up Barry's spine.

"You know what happened that night? Why my dad is in jail for a crime he never committed?" Barry asked Batman once more as he tried to control his trembling voice, "Tell me! Tell me the truth, please!"

"One step at a time. I will get your dad out of prison while you must master your power, only then I will tell you the truth... Because if I tell you the truth right now, you will emotionally break down and that will hinder your training. But what I fear most is you trying to do something stupid after knowing the truth. So, take your time... think about it," Batman took out a cell phone and placed it on the desk, "Contact me once you make up your mind..."

"Wait!" Barry shouted as Batman was about to leave. Batman stopped and turned around to look at Barry. He saw Barry clenching his fist and gritting his teeth. Tears flowed from his eyes as he looked at Batman with a determined gaze. "I accept... I'll do it. When do we start?"

***

[Underground base]

Batman introduced Barry to Selina, Ivy, Diana, and Arrow. Everyone welcomed Barry to the team. Barry was super excited to meet his new teammates.

"So, this is the guy with speed?" Ivy asked Batman as she circled around Barry examining him, "Hmmm... He's cute, isn't he?" She giggled when she saw Barry blushing.

"Hi!" Barry extended his hand toward Ivy with a nervous smile.

"Hello..." Ivy smiled seductively as she shook Barry's hands, which made the poor boy even more embarrassed.

"Leave the poor guy alone, Ivy," Diana intervened, "He just joined the team, give him some time to adjust to everything."

"Hahaha... Just kidding. Welcome to the team, kid," Ivy transformed back to Pamela.

"Wow! What was that? You were green a moment ago..." Barry exclaimed as he saw Ivy transform back to her human form.

"That's my power-up form, Ivy, and I control plants," Pamela explained to Barry as she showed him her power by summoning small flower plants all over the training ground.

"Amazing! You don't even have to buy flowers anymore!" Barry exclaimed.

"Ughh! This guy..." Pamela rolled her eyes as she groaned.

"Hey, can I borrow some... You know, I've been thinking of asking this girl out... And..." Barry noticed that everyone was looking at him weirdly after he asked Pamela for some flowers. Even Batman, who was standing at the side facepalmed himself. "That's got nothing to do with this conversation. We are showing our powers, right? And I keep babbling things..."

"HAHAHAHA!" Diana burst into laughter, "You are funny!"

"I am?" Barry scratched his cheeks and gave a bitter smile.

"Don't worry about it, kid. You will fit right in," Arrow patted Barry's shoulders.

"This is Diana," Batman introduced Barry to Diana.

"Hello! Nice to meet you!" Barry greeted Diana with a big smile, "You look super strong! That armor and sword... Awesome!"

"Thank you!" Diana thanked Barry while giggling.

"So, what's your power?" He asked.

"I'm the Princess of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta and Zeus, wielder of Godkiller and Golden Eagle Armor..." Diana introduced herself.

"Zeus? THE Zeus? The Greek God Zeus?" Barry's jaw dropped in shock after hearing Diana's introduction, "God killer? That's so cool!" He turned to Batman and whispered, "You recruited a God?! How?"

"Long story..." Batman simply replied.

"Wow! You guys are amazing!" Barry looked at everyone with sparkling eyes. "Let me guess, you are Catwoman, and you... The Green Arrow in flesh and blood?"

"Yep, that's correct," Oliver nodded as he introduced himself.

Selina just gave a nod when Barry turned to look at her. She didn't say anything.

"I feel so out of the place, right now. Are there any more people on our team?" He asked Batman.

"There are others, but we will recruit them eventually at the right time. So, Barry, ready for your first training spar?" Batman asked Barry.

"Training spar? With you? Me?" Barry gulped.

"Of course, not. Diana will be your opponent for today. Don't hold back because she won't," Batman replied with a smirk.

****

[Training ground]

Diana and Barry both of them stepped into the training ground after Pamela removed the flower bed, she had summoned earlier.

"How long do you think he will last against her?" Arrow asked Batman as he watched Barry warming up beside Diana.

"It depends on how well he controls his speed. And also, how well he adapts to Diana's fighting style... But my bet's on 10 seconds or maybe 5 seconds," Batman popped open a soda can and took a sip.

"Really? 10 seconds?" Arrow raised his brow.

"Well, roughly speaking... It's 10 seconds for us, but in the eye of a speedster and a demigoddess, it might be an hour..." Batman replied.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Time perception..." Batman explained, "Speedsters perceive time differently from normal humans like you and me. And Diana is half-god. Imagine how they perceive time..."

"Oh..."

"Are you done warming up? Let's begin!" Diana shouted at Barry.

"Yeah, all warmed up," He cracked his neck and knuckles, "Ready when you are!" Barry replied to Diana with a nervous smile.

"Here I come!" Diana dashed toward Barry at full speed, which surprised Barry.

'Wow! She's fast!'

Time slowed down for Barry. Yellow lightning bolts crackled around his body as he watched everyone frozen in their places, but...

[Baaam!] Diana caught on to his speed and delivered a somewhat hard punch in his stomach. Barry coughed out blood as he flew backward and crashed into the wall.

"Arghhh!" Barry clutched his stomach and groaned in pain as he slowly got up. But, his legs gave out and he fell back to the ground.

"That's enough for today..." Batman announced.

Diana walked toward Barry and helped him up.

"What the hell was that?" Barry complained as she helped him up, "You are super fast and strong!"

"You lost focus," Diana said as she helped Barry sit down on the chair, "Instead of your opponent you were looking at others. In battle, a momentary loss of focus can cost you your life."

"Sorry..." Barry apologized.

"Don't be... You are fast, I admit it. But not as fast as me," Diana chuckled, "And you are too stiff. Batman thinks in the future you will become the fastest man alive, but I have a different opinion, so, next time, try to do better... Prove me wrong."


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 20 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next Ch: 106: A day with Pamela 

Ch: 107: VR experience with Pamela

Ch: 108: Movie night

Ch: 109: Pain & Pleasure 

45