Ch: 111 [Bruce Wayne meets Clark Kent]
650 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[2 months later]

[Metropolis]

[Wayne Enterprise's VR-Technology launch]

The press was live interviewing Bruce Wayne, Lucius Fox, and Selina on how revolutionary virtual reality will change the world. The crowd seemed excited. The tech experts, some regular people, some small rivals, reviewers, and mostly gamers filled the lobby with anticipation of a glimpse and taste of this brand-new technology. The Wayne Enterprise announced the news of this tech almost half a year ago and ever since then, the online discussion boards have been bustling about with the theories and future applications.

Today's the day. Only a few lucky individuals chosen through a lucky draw would be the ones to get their hands on the full experience.

"We have seen many speculations and hype about this tech when it was first announced. Would you mind explaining it in a bit more detail?" A reporter asked.

"Well, I say a first-hand experience talks better than what we can describe," Bruce said, "I do think that a quick explanation is in order. As you all know, virtual reality has only been a concept for a very long time. It was something that many people thought would never be possible to achieve. But, our technology breaks all those concepts, theories, and boundaries of today's technology." He pressed a button in his pocket. The red velvet curtain behind him fell down, revealing ten VR Pods lined up. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please meet the first of its kind. Our virtual reality system!"

A lot of murmurs and whispers broke out. The excitement of the people grew even more intense.

"Let me explain how it works before you ask any questions," He continued, "Firstly, this device will allow a person to step into a virtual world where they can live a second life. The VR system is capable of providing the most realistic experience. Every sense, from sight to hearing, and even touch will be replicated in the virtual world. Now, let's imagine a person who can not move their body due to some accident or medical condition. For such cases, the user will just have to place the helmet on their head and start the system. The rest... Well, why don't I let our first ten lucky users see for themselves."

He looked at the crowd and then nodded towards Lucius.

Lucius announced the names of the ten winners. A group of people cheered as they were led into the hall. Among them were two retired veterans who lost their legs during the War, four teens who have never walked a step in their lives, two reporters, one gamer, and a tech reviewer. They were taken to the VR-pods where they lay inside the capsule as Selina put the headset over them and activated the machine.

"Now we will wait for ten minutes. Till then, I would be glad to answer your questions," Bruce said.

A lot of hands were raised. He pointed at one of the reporters. "What about the safety feature? There are some concerns that there might be risks with the use of this technology?"

"Rest assured that we have taken the utmost precaution to ensure that this technology is completely safe," Bruce answered with his usual confident smile, "Unless someone tries to fiddle or tinker with the VR system, it would be impossible for it to have any negative effects. Not only that, even in case of an emergency, the helmet will automatically deactivate the system and alert the authorities. You know how some forget their medication or food or drinks while playing games and end up in the hospital? I assure you that will never happen with this technology. The system can track the health of the user. If any problems arise, it will deactivate the system."

"What about the cost of this device?" A familiar reporter caught Bruce's eyes. Lois Lane. He smiled at her as he answered, "That would depend on the version the user is getting. We have the basic set, the mid-tier set, and finally the premium set. The basic set will cost $500, and you will be able to play basic games and watch movies, but the downside is that the sensory experience will not be the best. The mid-tier set will cost $1000. It will be like upgrading from a normal home theatre system to an IMAX or a 1080p gaming system to a 4K and speaking of games, you can choose to become any character you want. Finally, the premium set would cost $4000. As you all know, the system has the capability to replicate all senses. The premium set would have the best sensory experience, making it feel as real as reality. You will be the boss of your world. Go anywhere in the world while lying in your room, generate anything you can think of, and be anyone you want."

"$4000 is way too pricey, don't you think so, Mr. Wayne?" Lois asked.

"Yes, that's why, we will open up VR-Cafes all over the world within the few next months to make the system more accessible to the public," Bruce replied. "If you want to play any games or watch any movies, you will be able to do so for a small fee in these VR-Cafes."

"What about supported games and movies? Will this VR-tech support them all?" Another reporter asked.

"Why play old games when you can create a new one, right?" Bruce said, "We have created a software development kit to help people create their own games. As for the movies, we have partnered with several streaming services to provide you with all the content you can think of."

"Will we get any exclusive content for pre-order?" Another reporter asked.

"Why, yes. For those who buy any tier sets within the first month of its launch, we will provide twenty brand new VR exclusive games plus three months of free subscription to all streaming services," Bruce replied with a smile, "And the fun part is the multiplayer shooter where you will be able to... Well, let's not spoil the fun. You will see for yourselves when you get to play it."

The murmurs grew louder. There was no doubt that everyone in the world was excited. Bruce Wayne and Wayne Enterprise were about to revolutionize the world once again.

After a few more Q&A sessions, ten minutes were up. The VR pods opened. Everyone stepped out with a shocked expression on their faces. Some were shaking. The veterans were shedding tears while the reporters were stunned. The teens and the gamers looked at Bruce with awe.

"So? How was your first run?" Bruce asked with a smile.

"This... This is amazing! It feels so real!" One of the reporters exclaimed. "I can't believe that this is not reality!"

"It's almost like playing a live-action movie. I mean... Was that all graphics? It was so freaking real. I... I can't explain it. Stepping into the shoes of an MC and... Oh my God! I have to write a review for this right now!" The tech reviewer kept babbling, unable to hide his excitement.

"Amazing," One of the veterans said while wiping his tears. "Can you believe it? I was running again." He smiled at Bruce. "Thank you, Mr. Wayne."

Bruce nodded at him before he turned to the crowd. "This technology has the potential to change the world for the better. This is only a start. I hope that we will continue to innovate and help people, to have a better life." He raised a glass. "Now, a toast to a new era."

Everyone cheered and toasted.

Bruce took his seat beside Selina.

"That went really well," Selina whispered.

"Was there even a doubt? We will make a killing," Bruce said with a smile, "By the end of the year, people won't even be calling it virtual reality anymore. They will be calling it 'Reality'. We will be providing free experiences to orphanages, old age homes, and hospitals. This way, they will be able to experience life outside the confines of their small rooms."

"Hmm..." Selina nodded with a smile.

"What? You thought I would only run after profits? I told you. I want to use this tech to change the world." Bruce kissed her forehead.

"And you will," Selina said with a smile.

Bruce and the others began to mingle with the guests and reporters, answering as much as possible to maintain a positive reputation. He was doing great until Lois Lane approached him with a glass of wine.

"Good evening, Mr. Wayne. That was quite an inspiring speech."

"Ah! Ms. Lane," Bruce smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you again. Our last meeting was kinda rushed and I apologize for that."

"Oh, please! Don't worry about it. I had a feeling that you are a busy man," she replied. "Besides, I'm the one to intrude without prior notice."

"Please, I wouldn't say that." Bruce smiled.

As they were engaged in small talk, another reporter walked toward them. A young man with glasses. He stopped beside Lois.

"Oh, Mr. Wayne, let me introduce you to Clark Kent. He's my partner and a freelance reporter who works with the Daily Planet." Lois said, introducing the young man.

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Wayne." Clark extended his hand.

Bruce shook his hand. "Likewise."

"Well, I hope you don't mind us... I mean, reporters flocking around you. I'm sure you have more important guests to attend to," Lois said.

Bruce shook his head. "Please. You two are my guests and I'm glad to have you both here."


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next Ch: 112: Exploiting weakness

Ch: 113: Elana & Talia

39