Ch: 114 [The bitter truth]
710 9 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm not with the League anymore," Elana suddenly dropped her hand, letting Bruce take a few deep breaths.

"No one escapes the League, you already know that. I doubt he let you go just like that. But considering Talia and her group of assassins in Metropolis, I doubt they came for just a vacation. So, they must be after something, and I want to know what it is," Bruce stood his ground. He knew what her reply was going to be, and his stance remained solid and determined.

"Listen to me and listen well... Whatever you do, don't get in their way. You have no idea of their power or influence. Your father and the League made a deal years ago. The League won't hurt the Waynes. In return, the Waynes will support them. It's as simple as that. Let them do whatever they want to do, as long as they aren't doing anything to harm the civilians, just stay clear, Bruce. Don't involve yourself with them."

"Support them? Dad supported them!? With what, exactly? You're kidding, right!?" The calmness in Bruce was shattered. "Don't tell me the reason he still holds the power as a Mayor and running for president this year is all because of his relation with the League? Tell me, what kind of agreement did they make? And don't you dare lie to me!"

Elana sighed, "Damn it!"

Elana decided to explain everything to Bruce. And what he heard made him disgusted.

"You are telling me the orphanage my dad opened... Its main purpose is to provide the league with kids to train for the League of assassins? And that's why he had been sending that much money? This is absurd! He can't possibly accept this, can he?"

"He doesn't have a choice. They would have burned Gotham to ashes otherwise. We're talking about the League of Assassins here. They've got thousands of highly skilled assassins at their disposal. You have no idea of their might and what they could do. They could raze this city to the ground within a single night. That's why your father accepted their offer and has been supporting them. In return, the League will leave Gotham alone. He knew very well how dangerous the League was, and he didn't want to lose his family."

"This can't be real. I never believed that dad was capable of something like this," Bruce was at a loss. "I knew he killed back when he went for those crime families, but this... Destroying the future of all these kids... That's fucked up."

'Damn it, Dad. You should have said something. I understand your situation. But this is pretty messed up.' He thought.

"I know this is hard to hear but believe me when I say that it was better than to have all Gotham burn in a sea of fire."

"I know... But this is... This is wrong. All those kids..." Bruce tilted his head to the right with a cold emotionless expression, "Will you stand in my way if I say I'll kill Ra's Al Ghul?"

"Are you insane?" Elana's eyes widened in shock, "You won't stand a chance against Ra's Al Ghul. Even if you manage to somehow defeat him, you won't escape from the League of Assassins. They will hunt you forever, till the day either you or all the assassins are dead. Besides, he is immortal. He can't die. You won't be able to kill him even if you try to. You don't have the means. That's not your fight. Just stay out of it. Stay out of their way, Bruce. I don't want to lose you."

"Immortal? Not really. Without the Lazarus Pit, he is nothing more than a regular person."

"Lazarus Pit? What are you talking about? You've gone insane. The Lazarus Pit is only a myth. The one in the base is just a replica... No, wait a minute, how the hell do you know about that?" Elana's expression turned serious.

"You don't need to know that. I'll kill that old coot and take over the League. I'll free those who want to leave, and the others will work under me. The League won't be allowed to go after innocent civilians ever again, and the ones who follow me will hunt those who try to do so. And with the League under my command, I'll start to clean up all the filths from this world. I would have done it eventually, well, a bit faster than I planned," Bruce's voice was calm and composed. The rage he was hiding within him was still there, but his tone was not showing it. He knows very well the stupid think humans can do when they are blinded by rage. He isn't going to make that mistake again, not in this life.

"Wait! The league of heroes! Don't tell me you...!" She stopped mid-sentence as Bruce nodded with his eyes closed.

"It seems you've figured it out."

"Damn it! Bruce... This is not... No! It might be possible! With your new armor and weapons and if we consider your team, what have we got? Diana- Demi-God, Ivy- Plant and Poison user, Selina- Just a regular human with armor, Barry- Speedster, Floyd- A deadly assassin, Oliver and his team, Alice- A cop with armor, you and me... No, we will need more firepower if we were to bring them down," Elana started to calculate the possibilities in her mind.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll take care of it. Now, the truth. Why is Talia in Metropolis?" He asked again.

"They are after some artifact or something like that, Waller got her hands on it and took it to one of the A.R.G.U.S. facilities. The League thinks that the power of that object might disrupt the balance of this world, and they are trying to stop that from happening. If the League manages to get their hands on it, they will probably destroy it," Elana replied.

"Tsk." Bruce clicked his tongue.

"No!" She knew that expression on his face.

"Yeah. I'm after the same thing. I guess, I'll have to improvise a bit till I gather the rest of the team," He replied with a cold voice.

"Improvise? How?" She was curious to know what he meant.

"That's for me to know and you to find out. I have to go now," Bruce was about to walk out of the training room. But he stopped at the door and looked back, "Don't tell dad about our little conversation, and definitely don't do anything stupid like warning the League about us. If you do, I'll be very sad and angry and I might just start with you... Then, I'll regret not being able to go on a date with you..."

She was left there watching him leave.

"Haaa..." Elana sighed. Over the years, Bruce had made advances on her. But she had brushed it off with jokes each time, and now she realized how stupid it was of her. She liked Bruce. A lot. And now, all the things she didn't want him to see are coming to light.

"Damn it, Bruce... You just had to make things difficult. But then again, it's just like you. Maybe you'll be able to break these shackles and free us from his grasp," She muttered to herself, looking at the ceiling.

*****

[Bruce's lab]

"Time to prepare the Pym Particles," Bruce mumbled to himself.

Other than Hank Pym, no one else in this world knows how to make Pym Particles. Many tried to replicate his formula, but no one succeeded. It is as if it is something that can only be made by him. However, there was this guy named, Darren Cross, who replicated the particles and used them to create a weaponized suit called Yellowjacket.

Bruce, who was Tony in his past life, used this chance to well... He might have stolen the formula from Cross, when he was busy trying to kill Hank and Scott Lang. So, technically, he did not steal it, he just took some harmful particles from a villain's grasp, and with his genius, he was able to replicate them.

With the formula for the Pym Particles in his hand, Bruce started the production of the particles. If everything goes as planned, he might be able to synthesize it within two or three weeks max, maybe less if nothing important pops up.

****

Meanwhile, in the vast expanse of space...

Two spaceships were flying through the empty space, heading to the same destination, Earth.

"How long?" A guy in a black armored suit asked in a cold voice. He was sitting on a throne-like chair, with his eyes closed. His face was almost blurry, hiding behind a transparent mask.

"We are about to exit the hyperdrive now due to lack of fuel. If I calculate a rough estimation, we will be there within 365 days," The woman replied. She was wearing the same armor and mask, making it impossible to see her face.

"Very well. We have waited years... Another year won't make much of a difference," The man leaned back in his chair and looked up, "Kal-El... I wonder, how strong has he gotten during these years."


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next, Ch: 115: Overdrive

Ch: 116: Victor and Nora

Ch: 117: Talia vs Bruce

 

35