Ch: 130 [Ra’s vs Suit of Sorrows]
431 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ra's stood up from his seat and looked down on the bloody massacre happening beneath him. He could see the prisoners being slaughtered and the blood splashing on the floor like rain. Every move the armored man made was followed by screams of the prisoners, their organs flying out of their bodies. The blood pooled on the floor, making it look like the very ground was painted red. The smell of blood permeated the air.

In less than a minute, the entire arena was filled with dead bodies. Not even a soul remained in that giant cavern.

'Hm, let's see how many lives this thing takes. I wonder how much he'll kill before losing himself,' Ra's wondered to himself. Although that man was laughing and had slaughtered his own comrades after wearing that armor, Ra's could still see hesitation in his strikes. He still has the will to live, which is why he could control himself just enough. trying to hold on to his sanity. However, willpower can't beat power, and power is the only thing Ra's values at the moment.

Ra's wanted to send some more prisoners, but now that he has seen its real power. He wanted to experience it himself. Taking out his sword, Ra's jumped down into the bloody arena and landed beside the man.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" the man screamed. He began swinging wildly. Ra's dodged a couple of swings. Then a thrust almost hit him. But surprisingly, each time he dodged the armor also seemed to move a step to his side. Even its thrust was precise and its movements perfectly planned.

"Oh? Did it take control of your body?" he muttered.

The armored man didn't answer and kept on pushing Ra's with his attacks. However, he was still a kid compared to Ra's who has been fighting his whole life and has experienced countless battles over hundreds of years he walked on Earth as an almost immortal being. Dodging or countering a wild, out-of-control opponent was child's play to him. Ra's sidestepped the thrusts and hit the sword out of the armor's hands.

"Interesting," Ra's praised.

Just as he was about to put a final strike and test the durability of the suit, the armored man rushed in to grab Ra's and lift him from the ground. Even with this aggressive maneuver, Ra's countered the movement with a well-timed swing and smashed the armor on the ground before putting his foot over the armor's chest and pushing his sword downward into the gap under the helmet.

At first, it seemed like nothing had happened, even though the armor fell and the sword penetrated his neck. There was no blood...and yet... The armored man trembled and shivered in place as if something was overflowing his entire body, not able to escape the pain he was feeling from his neck. It didn't seem like Ra's missed his mark, his sword was inside the armor's neck.

"Still alive after taking that attack. What about poison?" Ra's took out a dagger and punctured the neck one more time with a mixture of venom, his own venom he created using years of experiments and mixing with many powerful animal venoms and chemicals. His venom is deadly to every species.

Black smoke began to rise from the gaps of the armor as the poison began to melt the man's body, yet he grabbed Ra's leg and tried to crush it in his grip, but Ra's kicked his arm away. 'What?!' He was taken by surprise. His toes shattered as soon as he kicked the armored man's hand away. 'Just what kind of metal is this armor made of?'

The man on the ground was still struggling and fighting back. His armor began to glow a bright black and his eyes turned pure black. His veins started popping up all over his body, especially over his arms, legs, and even his neck. His strength was increasing at a rapid rate and the power of that armor somehow seemed to suppress the poison, keeping the guy barely alive.

"Tsk." Ra's rushed in and sliced his sword upward.

The armored man's helmet flew off of his head, revealing his grotesque appearance. His face was pale and his teeth were sharp like fangs. He had a long tongue that kept rolling out of his mouth, and his eyes were pitch black. He looked like a monster who was born from the darkest depths of hell.

"Humff!" Ra's moved behind him with his superior speed and sliced off his head. The body dropped onto the ground, lifeless.

'That was dangerous,' He thought. 'Damn! Such power! It's as if he was possessed by the armor itself!' Ra's stared at the armor. It was still glowing but there was no sign of any movement.

"Take the armor off his body and clean it up," He ordered the assassins, waiting in the shadows.

"Yes, Master."

"Put it on a stand inside my chamber and lock it away. I need to examine it further. And do not let anyone go near it again. Especially you, Nyssa. I don't want to risk this happening again."

"Yes, Master," Nyssa nodded.

Ra's walked away, but before he could walk out of the arena, he turned and glanced at the armored man once more. A frown appeared on his forehead as he stared at the lifeless body.

"Burn his body to ash and spread it to the wind. Nothing is to remain of his existence."

"Yes, Master."

He turned to Nyssa, "Have Merlin investigate the Order of St. Duman and Order of Purity. I need to know about them and the power of the Suit of Sorrows."

"Yes, Master."

With a nod, he left the arena and headed toward his chambers.

Nyssa watched her father leave, then looked at the remaining assassins and pointed at the lifeless body

---

[1 month later]

Talia came back, gravely injured, and was on the verge of life and death. She followed Bruce's plan. The nanites in her body manipulated her organs and injuries, making it look like she was badly injured and could die at any moment. Her team informed Ra's about how they managed to discover the alien tech in Waller's grasp and that Talia got injured after destroying the alien ships when Waller sent metahumans after her.

Ra's looked at Talia as the best medic of the League was trying to heal her.

"Metahumans?" He looked at the informant.

"Yes, Master. Humans with superpowers. Some are the result of experiments, while others are natural-born humans with superpowers. But the one who injured her was a witch. We have never seen or faced anyone with those kinds of powers before," the informant reported.

"Witch? Tell me about this witch," Ra's asked.

"They called her by the name of Enchantress. I've dug up information on Miss. Talia's order before returning. She is an ancient witch who was sealed away a long time ago by the sorcerers of old. But somehow, the government got their hands on her. Waller enslaved her using the spirit heart. So she follows all her orders. But what surprised me more is that Enchantress has a host, June Moone. She is very protective of her. When Miss. Talia inflicted damage on her body, the witch went on a rampage. She can control natural elements, heal rapidly and she can manipulate anything within her reach and transform them into anything. We barely managed to complete our mission and escape..."

The informant took out a data drive and gave it to Ra's.

"This is everything I could find about this Waller and the people she has under her command," the informant said.

"Hm." Ra's took the drive and asked, "How's the situation with the Waynes? Any abnormalities?"

"Master, Wayne Enterprise, and Wayne Foundation are currently being run by Lucius Fox. Thomas Wayne is aiming for the president, and his son, Bruce Wayne... He is different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt like he was hiding something from everyone. I did put some spies behind him, but they didn't uncover anything strange yet..." the informant informed.

"What about Elana?" Ra's asked as his eyes were fixed on Talia's wounds. Her wounds looked as if she was stuck by thunder and her organs were burned inside her body.

"She's acting as Thomas Wayne's bodyguard as usual and is training Bruce Wayne. Though, I don't know how much she has been teaching him. She only meets with Bruce Wayne on the weekends. So far, nothing suspicious. But there is a slight hitch... The orphanage is undergoing massive construction, so the next batch of recruits won't be ready for the next couple of months," the informant reported.

"I see. I want you to keep a close eye on Wayne. And send out a small group to investigate Amanda Waller. Have them contact with these metahumans. Recruit them if possible, kill them if they refuse, or pose a threat. Find out how they gained such powers. Report back to me immediately if anything comes up," Ra's ordered.

"Yes, Master. We'll leave right away," the informant vanished in an instant.

The medic finished his treatment and looked at Ra's, "I've done everything I could, but she won't survive the night..."

Ra's frowned at the report and waved his hand. The medic bowed and left.

"Nyssa," Ra's called out.

"Yes, Father."

"Open the Pit."

"Yes, Father."

--

'favorite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

---

Next, Ch: 131: Interlude- The Plan

Ch: 132: Lady Shiva

Ch: 133: Unpredicted events

Ch: 134: New threats


Drop in a couple of Ps if you are on Webnovel for extra chs.

800 PS> 1 bonus chapter
1000 PS> 2 Bonus chapters

19