Ch: 4 [The Watch]
4.2k 6 168
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The small wooden cabin was barely large enough to fit a single person comfortably. Its dimly lit interior was illuminated only by the faint glow of the torchlight Bruce held in his hands. The rain outside continued to drum against the roof and windows, creating a soothing backdrop for the clandestine activity taking place within.

He sat cross-legged on the floor, surrounded by a small arsenal of tools and materials he had clandestinely collected over time. The plastic box lay open before him, revealing an array of wires, circuits, and tiny components.

His fingers moved with practiced precision as he carefully selected the necessary components. Each piece had been meticulously chosen for its specific purpose. It was a delicate process, akin to solving an intricate puzzle. The complexity of his task seemed at odds with the simple surroundings, but Bruce was undeterred.

He started with the main body of the wristwatch gun. Carefully disassembling an old wristwatch he had acquired, he salvaged the casing and selected a suitable miniaturized spring mechanism from within. This mechanism would serve as the basis for triggering the gun's mechanism.

Next, he carefully stripped down a small but powerful firecracker, extracting its explosive core. He handled it gingerly, acutely aware of the risks involved. This would be the source of propulsion for the projectile, a compact yet potent force.

Bruce delicately connected the spring mechanism to the explosive core, ensuring that it would be set off with precision timing. He then carefully began to integrate a tiny tube, directing the explosive force towards the desired trajectory.

Sweat beaded on his forehead as he worked in the confined space, the pressure of his task palpable. The rain is still falling hard.

The miniature gun began to take shape, resembling a compact wristwatch with subtle modifications. He carefully concealed the explosive core within the casing, making sure it was securely nestled within its confines. The wiring and triggering mechanism were carefully hidden, leaving no visible signs of the deadly potential the device held.

Finally, he secured the strap of the wristwatch, ensuring a snug fit around the wearer's wrist. It was a disguise perfected through meticulous craftsmanship—a deadly weapon hidden in plain sight.

"Alright, the first prototype is complete. Time to test out," He strapped the watch on his wrist and took a small metal ball that he might have borrowed from the R&D from Wayne Enterprise when no one was looking.

He carefully loaded the small metal ball into the modified wristwatch gun. His heart raced with a mixture of excitement and trepidation as he prepared to test his creation. The rain outside continued its relentless rhythm, seemingly oblivious to the significant moment within the small cabin.

With the metal ball securely in place, he aimed the wristwatch gun at the wooden floor. His finger hovered over the concealed trigger mechanism. He took a deep breath and steadied his hand.

"3... 2... 1," He pressed the hidden trigger. There was a muffled click, followed by a sudden burst of force that sent the metal ball hurtling toward the floor. The tiny projectile struck the muddy surface with remarkable speed, "Hot... hot... hot..."

He quickly pulled the strap and threw the watch on the floor, "Heat-based propulsion... effective... But too hot... Phew!" He blew air on his tiny wrist.

Bruce's mind raced as he contemplated how to mitigate the issue of excessive heat generated by the wristwatch gun's propulsion system.

He carefully examined the components of the modified wristwatch, focusing on the explosive core and the tubing that directed the explosive force. It was clear to him that the heat was a result of the rapid combustion of the explosive material. To solve this problem, he needed to find a way to disperse the heat more efficiently.

His eyes fell on a small aluminum plate he had salvaged from an old laptop's casing. It was lightweight and had excellent heat-conducting properties. Bruce had an idea. He tried to cut it, but...

"Ah! Fuck! Alfred locked the cutter in the garden warehouse. Humm... Maybe, I will trick him into cutting it for me... An upgrade for Batmobile as an excuse sounds good enough," He sighed, realizing that he would need to come up with a plan to obtain the cutter from the garden warehouse. Convincing Alfred to help him with a "Batmobile upgrade" sounded like a reasonable excuse, but he needed to be careful not to raise any suspicions.

Bruce knew that he couldn't afford to rush this delicate operation. He needed to bide his time and wait for the right moment to approach Alfred with his request. In the meantime, he carefully concealed the wristwatch gun and the rest of the items in the secret compartment beneath the wooden plank. He reassembled the pile of toys to conceal any evidence of his activities and put everything back in its original place.

His mind was already busy formulating a plan to approach Alfred and secure the necessary tools for the modifications. He knew that timing and presentation would be crucial in gaining Alfred's cooperation without arousing suspicion.

Bruce turned off the torchlight, making sure to leave no trace of his nocturnal venture. He opened the cabin door slowly, checking once again if anyone was around. The rain had subsided, leaving a calm, damp atmosphere outside.

Stepping out into the cool, damp night, he made his way back to Wayne Manor, the darkness concealing his thoughts and intentions.

[2 days later]

It was a sunny morning, and Bruce had taken his usual seat at the kitchen table for breakfast, his thoughts consumed by the impending conversation with Alfred. It's been a while since he woke up and sat for breakfast at the table. The butler had been busy with his duties around the house, and this was Bruce's opportunity to present his request.

"Good morning, Alfred," He greeted cheerfully, putting on his most innocent and endearing expression as he munched on his cereal.

"Good morning, Master Bruce," Alfred replied, setting a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of the young boy. "I trust you slept well?"

He nodded, taking a sip of his milk, "Yes, I had a good night's sleep."

"Very good to hear," Alfred said with a warm smile, appreciating the simplicity of a child's world. "Is there anything special you'd like to do today?"

Bruce paused for a moment, feigning a contemplative expression, "Actually, I was thinking... I want to upgrade my Batmobile."

Alfred raised an eyebrow, his interest piqued, "Upgrade your Batmobile, Master Bruce?"

"Yes," He replied, "I thought we could make it more aerodynamic, maybe add some extra thrusters for speed. Oh, and definitely improve the communication system. It'll be like a real superhero car!"

Alfred couldn't help but be impressed by Bruce's creativity. He decided to encourage this imagination, knowing it was a healthy outlet for a growing mind, "A splendid idea indeed, Master Bruce. We'll need some tools for this project. Let me fetch the toolkit from the garden warehouse. While you finish your breakfast."

Bruce's heart skipped a beat at Alfred's willingness to help. This was his chance to obtain the necessary tools for his wristwatch gun modifications. He tried to contain his excitement and maintain a casual demeanor, "Thank you, Alfred."

Alfred smiled warmly, glad to see Bruce so engaged and enthusiastic about a project, "Of course, Master Bruce. Let's make this Batmobile the best it can be."

----[AN: Next ch will be on Sunday or Monday.]----

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 14 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive Patr eon only r18 chapters + exclusive patre on only Originals and Images]

[No double billing] [Join any tiers and read all chapters + Extras]

168