Ch: 11 [Thomas and Bruce]
3.2k 3 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 1300

---

After spending some time with Alfred, Bruce gradually began the process of getting back on his feet. The initial days were challenging as his body struggled to readjust to the physical demands of movement after a decade of inactivity. Physical therapy sessions were a regular part of his routine, and under the guidance of expert therapists, he pushed himself to regain his strength, balance, and mobility.

Each day, he would work on simple exercises to rebuild his muscle tone, improve his coordination, and increase his endurance. These exercises started from basic movements like stretching and range of motion exercises, eventually progressing to more complex routines involving light weights and resistance bands.

He persevered through the muscle soreness and fatigue, keeping his eyes set on the goal of regaining his full physical potential. The pain was a reminder of the progress he was making, motivating him to push harder during each session.

As the weeks passed, Bruce's dedication began to pay off. His body gradually grew stronger, and his movements became more fluid. He was able to stand on his own, take a few steps, and eventually walk short distances with the support of a cane. It was a slow and steady process, but he embraced the journey, knowing that patience and persistence would lead him to success.

Outside of his physical therapy, he also engaged in mental exercises. He read extensively, catching up on the years he had missed, familiarizing himself with the advancements in various fields. He spend his time reading newspaper, and magazines and watching TV to get overall info about the changes.

One evening, as the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting long shadows across the front garden of Wayne Manor, Bruce received a surprise from his father. With a gentle smile, Thomas beckoned him outside, and Bruce, intrigued, followed his father's lead.

As they stepped into the cool evening air, Bruce noticed the big garden lights were on and something remarkable parked in the driveway—a sleek, black vehicle that looked like a work of art and engineering brilliance combined.

"No way!" His eyes widened with awe.

"How is it?" Thomas asked with a warm, satisfied smile, noticing his son's surprised face. "It took me quite a while to build this."

Bruce approached the vehicle and ran his fingers along its smooth surface, admiring the beautiful details and craftsmanship. It was a sleek design, unlike anything he had seen before, with an aerodynamic shape that hinted at incredible speed and handling capabilities.

He looked at his father with excitement, eager for a closer look inside. His father nodded, gesturing for him to go ahead.

As Bruce opened the door and slid into the driver's seat, he felt like he was entering another world. Everything was state-of-the-art and futuristic, from the luxurious interior to the cutting-edge technology that filled every inch of space.

It was clear that Thomas had poured countless hours and resources into designing this vehicle, creating a masterpiece that was truly one of a kind. Bruce admired his father's passion and ingenuity, feeling fortunate to be able to experience such a unique creation. Although he wanted to create this Batmobile himself, he decided not to dwell on this thought and just enjoy the moment.

He checked every nook and cranny of the Batmobile, taking note of all the features and functions. It was exactly how he had drawn it in his sketchbook all those years ago—except better. As Bruce settled in behind the wheel, he couldn't help but grin like a kid on Christmas morning.

"So, what do you think?" Thomas asked, leaning against the side of the Batmobile, a proud smile on his face.

"Awesome," He slipped out of the driver's seat and turned his attention toward the engine compartment, eager to see the powerhouse hidden underneath. He lifted the hood and peered inside, marveling at the intricate system of components that came together to form such a potent driving force.

Bruce was captivated by the Batmobile's engine, a marvel of engineering that was both powerful and efficient. Although it's not as advanced as the ones from the Marvel Universe, it's advanced enough to give all the other cars in this reality a run for money. He ran his fingers over the finely tuned components, marveling at the craftsmanship that had gone into its creation.

"Wow, Dad, this engine is incredible," He exclaimed, his eyes filled with admiration. "I can't believe you built this."

Thomas smiled modestly, enjoying his son's amazement, "Well, I had a lot of help from Lucius Fox, a close friend of mine."

'Lucius Fox, huh? It would seem that my meddling with the timeline has started to take effect already,' Bruce mused to himself.

Although he had yet to meet Lucius Fox in this timeline, Bruce knew the man would play an important role in shaping his future. Fox was a brilliant scientist and engineer who would go on to become Wayne Enterprises' Chief Technical Officer and the primary supplier of Batman's equipment.

Bruce closed the hood and turned to his father, his mind racing with possibilities, "So, what else can this thing do? Don't tell me you added all those weapons too."

Thomas chuckled at his son's enthusiasm, "What do you think?"

"You got to be kidding me," Bruce grinned from ear to ear.

"Go ahead, check it out," Thomas encouraged, stepping aside to give his son access to the Batmobile's arsenal of gadgets and weapons.

Bruce climbed back into the driver's seat and activated the controls, revealing a hidden panel of buttons and switches. He eagerly pressed each button, triggering a series of mechanisms that unfolded from various parts of the Batmobile's exterior.

The first weapon revealed itself as a pair of retractable blades that extended from the front bumper, perfect for slicing through obstacles or enemies. Next, two grappling hooks emerged from the sides, ready to be fired at targets for quick escapes or strategic maneuvers. Finally, two small guns appeared from the front fenders, providing additional firepower when needed.

Bruce was amazed by the Batmobile's diverse arsenal, impressed by his father's creativity and ingenuity. It was clear that Thomas had spared no expense in ensuring that the Batmobile was equipped with the most advanced and effective tools possible, demonstrating his commitment to excellence.

"Wait! Is this...?" His eyes fell on the red flip switch near the gearbox, "You added tracking missiles?!" He asked excitedly.

Thomas nodded with a smirk, "And smoke bombs, plus a couple of things here and there."

Bruce couldn't contain his excitement, "This car is freaking awesome, Dad!"

Thomas watched his son's giddy expression with amusement, glad to see that he still retained his boyish enthusiasm. He placed a hand on Bruce's shoulder, giving it a fond squeeze, "Glad you like it, champ. So, you better get healthy fast and I will teach you how to drive. Then we can take this beauty for a ride."

Bruce grinned widely, his eyes shining with excitement, "Yes, sir."

"Now, let's head inside. It's getting late, and I don't want to get yelled at by your mother again," Thomas patted his son's back affectionately as they made their way back inside the manor.

Bruce paused in his tracks, a mischievous glint in his eyes, "Hey, Dad, how fast does this baby go?"

"Well, that's for you to find out when you learn how to drive it," Thomas replied mysteriously, leaving Bruce to wonder just how fast the Batmobile could actually go.

'Hmmm, this is nice. With this ver. 1.0, I will have a general idea of how far technology has progressed in this reality,' He thought to himself as he walked alongside his father, 'Well, not that I need a driving lesson, oh well...'

----

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents + exclusive patre on only r18 Originals and Images]

[No double billing] 

Next Ch: Joe and Thorne [They are plotting something beyond the walls of Arkham Asylum]

136