Ch: 36 [Aftermath]
1.7k 8 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Please help me up the ratings. Thank you.

----

In the aftermath of the attempted intrusion and the swift elimination of the assassins, Wayne Manor needed a thorough cleaning and restoration. Alfred, along with a team of maids and workers, took charge of the cleanup.

Alfred organized the efforts with his usual efficiency and precision. The staff meticulously cleaned the areas where the confrontation had taken place, ensuring that no traces of blood or any signs of the altercation remained. They also repaired any damages to the mansion's interior caused by the intruders.

The bodies of the fallen assassins were handled discreetly by Elana and her team. The alive ones are taken to the hidden chamber under the manor.

In the living room, Bruce and Selina, still filled with adrenaline from the events, sat down with Thomas. They recounted the night's events, excluding the fact that they killed three of them. For some reason, Elana kept it quiet about the killings. She just gave them a weird glance.

He listened carefully to their account, his expression a mix of concern and pride for his son and Selina.

"Haaa... To think my job would put my family in such danger," He sighed heavily as he considered the danger his family had faced due to his profession. He rubbed his eyes in exhaustion and looked at Bruce and Selina with a mix of concern and pride. He couldn't help but worry about their well-being. "I am glad that none of you got hurt. two must be shocked to see so many dead bodies..."

Bruce and Selina shared a glance before nodding in response to his question.

"We're fine, Dad. It's no big deal. They had it coming when they decided to target us. And I don't want to feel shaken up after seeing some criminal's dead bodies," Bruce reassured him. "Besides, Elana and Alfred took care of the situation. We just need to make sure the security is even tighter from now on."

Selina chimed in, "Yeah, don't worry. I am fine... We are fine. You should have seen Bruce kicking their butt."

"Haha... I am sure he did. I am just glad everyone is alright," Thomas let out a little chuckle. "Don't worry, I will make sure such things never happen again, I promise."

"You should start the attack sooner than later. These guys must be from the Black Mask's gang. From what one of them said, they wanted to kidnap me and use that as leverage to make you bend to their wills," Bruce added while crossing her arms.

Thomas nodded in agreement, "Yes. You are right. I will take care of things. By the way, keep this attack situation from your mom. She has enough things on her mind as it is with the charity event coming up. And I don't want her to get worried unnecessarily. And keep it from Maggie too. Her exam is coming up. I don't want her to get distracted and worried."

'Thanks to the soundproof room...' He sighed.

Both of them agreed with him. They both knew how much their mom loved her family. It was best to avoid stressing her further. And Maggie would get worried if she heard about this attack.

"Alright, then," Thomas stood up as he glanced at his wristwatch, it's still early morning, 5 am, "I will hit the office early to make the preparation. I will let Elana guard the house today, just in case..."

"I think it's better if you take her with you, today. I doubt they will attack us in the broad daylight. And even if they do, Selina and I are more than enough to handle the situation, besides, the traps are working again," Bruce suggested, pointing at Selina next to him.

He thought for a moment before agreeing with Bruce, "Alright, but I will appoint more guards around, and don't go out without the guards, OK? Both of you."

'Shit! Those bastards just had to attack today when he was finally going to take me on a date,' Selina cursed inwardly.

Bruce assured him, "OK, but you too take care. We don't know when these gangsters will strike again."

"Selina?" Thomas asked her for her confirmation.

She replied, "Sure."

"OK, then. I will see you two at dinner," Thomas patted Bruce and Selina's shoulder before leaving to prepare for work.

---

After Thomas left for work and the immediate tension had eased, Bruce turned to Alfred with a curious expression.

"Alfred, I didn't know we had all these traps set up in the house. Can you tell me more about them? How did you even come up with all these?" He inquired, his curiosity piqued.

Alfred, however, tried to divert the conversation, a hint of reluctance in his eyes. "Master Bruce, it's best not to dwell on such matters. They are merely a precaution to ensure the safety of the household."

Bruce could sense his reticence but persisted, "I get that, Alfred, but knowing about them might help me understand how to use them if a situation arises. You know, like last night."

The butler sighed, realizing that Bruce wouldn't drop the topic.

Alfred, though reluctant to discuss the traps, eventually relented and began to explain their origins to them. He revealed that the traps were a precaution put in place by Thomas. His strict stance against crime had made him several enemies in the criminal underworld, and the traps were intended to protect the family in case someone decided to target them.

"Master Thomas wanted to ensure the safety of Wayne Manor and its occupants, especially with his position as the mayor," He explained. "The traps were installed as a precautionary measure, but we hoped they would never need to be activated."

They listened attentively, understanding the necessity of such security measures. They knew that in the world they lived in, danger could come from unexpected quarters, and it was essential to be prepared.

"Well, it's good to know we have them," Bruce commented. "They certainly came in handy last night."

'Yeah, right, safety measures are alright. But... Something fishy is going on,' He wondered. 'Could it be...? Humm...'

Selina added, "You are an all-rounder, aren't you, Alfred?" She showed him a thumbs-up.

Alfred, with his usual composure, acknowledged her compliment with a modest nod and a faint smile. "I do my best to ensure the safety and well-being of this household, Miss Selina. It's my duty and privilege."

The breakfast went as usual. Martha didn't notice any changes, except for the fact that everything looked a bit too clean in her eyes.

"Alfred, this carpet looks new, we just bought the old one last month," She remarked.

Bruce answered her instead, "Oh yeah, Mom. It's my fault. Last night I might have set it up on fire..." He grinned, scratching his head, "My old batmobile toy exploded... Bad battery..."

Martha looked at him with a mixture of amusement and concern, "Oh, dear, I hope you didn't get hurt in the process. You should be more careful with your toys."

He gave her a reassuring smile, "No, Mom, I'm perfectly fine. Just a little startled, that's all. It won't happen again. Besides, Alfred took care of the mess."

She let out a relieved sigh, "That's good to hear. You had me worried for a moment."

After breakfast, Bruce headed to the training hall. He still remembers Elana's fighting techniques and the way she killed the assassins. He wanted to get stronger and faster than he is right now.

----['favourite' the chapter if you like it.]---

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents + exclusive patre on only r18 Originals and Images]

[No double billing] 

Next Ch: Target Practice 

---[A couple of nice scenes are coming up in the next few chs]---

97