Ch: 40 [Poison & Armor]
1.7k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the poison slowly took its toll on the targeted gang members, the effects were becoming apparent. The once-cohesive group began to show signs of internal discord and paranoia, causing rifts and disputes among its members.

The poison induced vivid hallucinations that distorted reality for those affected. Some gang members believed they were being pursued by shadowy figures, while others thought they were trapped in a never-ending nightmare. These hallucinations led to increasing tension and erratic behavior within the gang, making it difficult for them to trust each other.

Nausea and dizziness plagued the poisoned gang members, rendering them unable to perform their criminal activities effectively. Their compromised physical and mental states hindered their ability to coordinate and plan, weakening the gang's grip on their criminal operations.

The poison also led to addiction-like symptoms, as the gang members sought to alleviate their suffering by indulging in more of the substances they believed would offer relief. This dependency on alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs only worsened their already declining health, trapping them in a vicious cycle.

Internal bleeding became a critical concern, as the poison silently wreaked havoc on their organs. As the gang members continued to ingest the contaminated food, drinks, and cigarettes, the damage accumulated, leading to severe health complications. The internal bleeding left them in a state of physical agony and vulnerability.

[Black Mask's hideout]

In the depths of his hidden hideout, the Black Mask received news of a growing crisis that threatened to unravel his criminal empire. Whispers of a mysterious and debilitating illness had reached his ears, affecting some of his most trusted lieutenants and members.

The reports spoke of hallucinations, paranoia, and erratic behavior that had taken hold of his once-loyal subordinates. As the information continued to pour in, he realized that this was no ordinary illness but the effect of an unknown poison. The Black Mask's face contorted with a mixture of anger and frustration as he grasped the gravity of the situation.

"The GCPD?" Penguin asked as he took a puff from his cigar.

"No, GCPD don't have enough brains to pull this off. Besides, poisoning isn't their technique," Black Mask replied. His expression was covered behind his black mask, "I guess, it's time to improvise." He took out a remote.

He clenched the remote tightly in his gloved hand, his finger hovering over the button that could detonate the hidden explosives scattered throughout the city. He was determined to eliminate the threat that had infiltrated his gang, even if it meant destroying parts of Gotham.

Penguin, on the other hand, had a different perspective. He took another puff from his cigar, the smoke curling around his rotund form. "Now, now, Black Mask," he said, his tone surprisingly calm given the dire situation. "You may want to think this through. If you detonate those bombs, you'll rule over a city in ruins. What's the point of being king if there's no kingdom left?"

Black Mask's gloved hand tightened on the remote as he glared at Penguin. "You always did have a soft spot for this city. But my goal isn't to rule over Gotham. I promised you I'd give you Gotham, but I never said anything about the condition it would be in."

Penguin smirked, knowing that Black Mask's ambitions often outweighed his strategic thinking, "You can be as ruthless as you want, but without me, you're just a man with a mask. However, if you listen to me, I have a plan. A way to deal with this poison situation without sacrificing everything."

[BANG!]

He abruptly drew his gun and fired a shot, hitting Penguin in the shoulder. The portly mob boss cried out in pain, clutching his wounded shoulder as blood began to seep through his expensive suit.

"You foolish fat fuck!" Black Mask hissed through gritted teeth, his trigger finger still twitching with anger. "You were nothing but a simple fool we used to gain entrance into this city. You, my fat friend, were never a part of my grand plan." He placed the handgun on his forehead, "Here..."

He handed him the remote and continued, "Choose, Gotham or your life."

In a quick and decisive move, Penguin activated a small smoke bomb hidden within his coat.

A cloud of thick smoke enveloped the room, obscuring visibility and causing Black Mask to cough and sputter. Taking advantage of the chaos, Penguin made a quick escape, clutching the remote as he retreated through a hidden passage in the hideout. His wounded shoulder throbbed in pain, but he couldn't afford to stay within Black Mask's reach any longer.

"You newbie," He grumbled in rage, "I will make you pay very soon..."

[Back to Black Mask]

As the smoke settled down, he smiled behind his mask, "The bait has been laid. I'm offering a bounty of 5 million for his head. Let every lowlife and scumbag in Gotham know that he's fair game."

'Since they won't fall for distraction, there are always countless ways to improvise. Run, Clob... Let the GCPD and whoever poisoned my men chase after you and the scums...' He chuckled as he put his gun on the table.

His gang members nodded in acknowledgment, spreading the word throughout the criminal underworld. The promise of such a substantial reward sent shockwaves through Gotham's criminal network, causing a flurry of activity as seasoned criminals emerged from the shadows to hunt down Penguin.

The sudden influx of experienced criminals into the hunt for Penguin disrupted the delicate balance of power that had been maintained in Gotham for the past ten years. The city's criminal underbelly once again roared to life, with old rivalries rekindled and new alliances forged in the pursuit of the hefty reward.

Black Mask watched from the shadows as the chaos unfolded.

---

[Fox's secret research facility]

Bruce and Fox joined hands and finally made an Iron Man suit in secret, hiding from Thomas. They used the remaining funds from the Arc Reactor project.

"Ready for the flying test, Bruce?" Fox asked while standing before a big screen filled with data.

Bruce nodded, excitement coursing through him as he stood beside the newly developed Iron Man suit. The sleek, high-tech armor glistened in the dimly lit room, a masterpiece of engineering and innovation. He had dreamt of taking to the skies as the Dark Knight, and now, with the Iron Man suit, his dream was on the brink of becoming a reality.

"Absolutely, Lucius," He replied with anticipation, his eyes fixed on the impressive suit. "I've waited for this moment for a long time. Let's see what it can do."

Fox walked over to a control panel and began the startup sequence. The suit's systems came to life with a series of electronic whirrs and clicks. Lights on the suit's surface flickered on, and the helmet's visor slid open, revealing the interior.

Bruce stepped into the suit, feeling the snug yet comfortable fit, 'Oh, I missed this feeling...' He remembered the old days of his previous life as Tony Stark.

"Okay, take it slow," Fox advised as he monitored the suit's diagnostics. "Start with a hover test."

He activated the suit's propulsion system, and with a gentle whirr of its repulsors, he began to hover a few inches above the ground. It felt incredible, the suit responding to his movements effortlessly.

He grinned inside the helmet and said, "Ok, the system looks normal... But the power draw is 10% more than I am aiming for. I will tune it later. Moving on to the next stage..." He flew in high in the air almost touching the ceiling and tried to fly around.

The suit responded to his every command, and he effortlessly glided around the secret research facility. It was a dream come true for him, the sensation of flying, even within the confines of the facility, was exhilarating.

Thanks to Jarvis's help, he was able to eliminate most of the major flaws in the propulsion system, but since the AI is still going through the learning phase, some errors still remained, like the higher power draw and circuit overheating that forced him to land.

"The circuits melted?" Fox asked as he examined the data pad.

"Yup. We need something more durable for this job," Bruce replied as he got out of the suit.

----['favourite' the chapter if you liked it.][Please give some ratings]----

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents + exclusive patre on only r18 Originals and Images]

[No double billing] 

Next Ch: Perfect Suits

89