Ch: 63 [Arrow]
1.1k 9 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Beep... Beep...] The sound of the synthesizer woke Bruce up.

"Hmmm..." He groaned as he felt his body aching. 'Wait... What the...?" He found himself on the sofa in his lab. The movie was over, 'A dream?!'

He felt disoriented as he got up and stretched his muscles. 'But, it felt real. Really real! Fuck! Am I going insane?'

"Tsk." He felt a small pain on his lower lips. A small cut, probably when they were kissing aggressively. He quickly dashed toward the washroom and took off his clothes. The nail marks were still on his back and chest. Small cuts on his lips and neck. He checked the lightning ring, "That was real?!" He held it near his ear. A faint sound of snoring could be heard.

"Holy! Shit! I really fucked her! Hahaha... An ethereal ghost, probably... I fucked a freaking beautiful ghost of an ancient virgin warrior! But if she isn't a ghost and that's her real body... I came inside her... Fuck! There are too many unknown variables. Better safe than sorry," Bruce mumbled to himself as he quickly dressed up and was about to go out to buy some pills. But his eyes fell on the Super Soldier Serum synthesizer. It's completed.

He took the glass vial containing the serum and placed it inside a secured safe, "I will check you out later. Right now, I have more important things to do. Time to buy morning-after pills." He quickly put on his jacket and rushed outside after properly locking his lab. He walked toward his bike which was parked inside the garage.

Bruce started his bike and drove toward the nearest pharmacy shop. It was 1 AM but fortunately, there is a 24/7 pharmacy shop nearby. As he entered the shop, he saw an old man sitting behind the counter. He looked at Bruce with a weird expression, "Son, what brings you here at 1 AM?"

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, "Umm... Morning after pills, please. And make it fast," He whispered the last sentence.

The old man nodded and gave him two boxes of pills, "Here you go. That'll be $25."

He quickly paid for them and rushed out of the shop, 'If I was able to go inside this damn ring once. I should be able to do it again.' He got on his bike and was about to put the key in, but suddenly stopped. A cold metallic feeling on his neck... Someone is holding a knife against his neck!

"Haaa. You guys never learn, do you?" He sighed. 'Ladies perfume! A woman, I see. But who uses perfume when they are going to rob at 1 am?' Even after so much effort, these petty criminals and gangs never stop. Although the crime rate has lowered in Gotham, it's nearly impossible to eliminate every single one of them. Kill some, smash some, they stop for a certain period in fear, but after that, they return like cockroaches.

"Stay quiet, pretty boy. Don't even try anything funny," A husky female voice sounded from behind. She got on the back seat and pressed the knife even harder. "Drive!"

Bruce started the bike and drove according to her instructions. He could have killed her back there, but wanted to find out who she was first and if there was a new gang in the town or not. Also, he didn't want to kill a woman unless absolutely necessary. So, he decided to play along for a while.

She instructed him to drive outside Gotham City. Bruce noticed that they were driving toward the forest area. After driving for 30 more minutes, she ordered him to stop. He stopped the bike near a small stream he never knew was there.

After stopping the bike, Bruce turned around and looked at her face. But it was dark and foggy. The tail light revealed her features. She was wearing a black mask covering the lower half of her face and a scar above her right eye. She is grabbing her stomach as if in pain.

"And you are injured. Why come here instead of going to a hospital?" Bruce asked as he raised his eyebrow.

The woman threw the knife, took out a gun, and pointed at him, "Get off the bike! Now!"

He raised his hands and got off the bike. He looked at her with a smirk, "What now? The way you are bleeding, you won't survive till morning. Unless... Ah! You have someone waiting nearby, huh?" He noticed an old mini-van just a few steps away from his bike.

"Move..." She pointed at the minivan.

He didn't say anything and walked toward the minivan. There was a man in his mid-30s, smoking, wearing a cap and glasses, sitting in the driver's seat. As they approached the van, he got off and looked at the woman and then at Bruce, "Who the fuck is this?! I thought you said you'd handle it alone! We don't have time to babysit some punk!"

"Shut up! I didn't have a choice. Motherfucker shot me," She looked at Bruce with anger, "Open the back door, dumbass."

"Nope," Bruce shook his head.

"What do you mean no?!" She pointed her gun at him.

He quickly grabbed her gun hand, disarmed her in an instant, grabbed her from her injured waist, and pushed her against a tree nearby. He pointed her gun at her head.

"ARGG!" She winced in pain and couldn't fight back.

"Tell him to come out with his hands up," He said with an intense look.

The driver got agitated and yelled at Bruce, "What the fuc-"

"Gaaaa!" She screamed in pain as his finger dug into the wound, "Fuck! Aaahhhhh! Come out of that fucking van."

"Out!"

"Coming! Just don't hurt her!" The man dropped his gun and walked toward them.

"Now, you are gonna tell me who are you, who you work for, what was your mission and who shot you," His gaze turned ferocious.

Before she could answer, an arrow zoomed out of nowhere, piercing through the metal gun like a hot knife in butter. He quickly grabbed the girl, turning her into a shield, and pressed his back on the tree. Whoever shot that arrow is here to rescue her. That arrow could have been aimed at his head, but it wasn't.

"The next one won't miss you. Leave her and go," A grim voice of a man came from somewhere in the forest.

"You wanna go? Let's go. Let's see who is faster, your arrow or my hand," Bruce grabbed the girl's throat, ready to rip it out at any given second. 'Shooting arrows with such precession even in this foggy night. Oliver... Green Arrow, huh?' He thought.

"Fuck man, just leave her and get lost. Or you will die tonight," The driver looked at the woman, his expression anxious and fearful.

"Too late for that now. Come out, drop your weapons, and get on your knees!" His other hand was wrapped around her waist, gripping her wound, "This isn't your Star City. This is Gotham. A place where many people worked their ass off to reduce the crime rate to almost below 10%. And suddenly, a bunch of uninvited fuckers pops up and decided to take me hostage... Do you clueless fucks even know who I am?"

"Leave her now," A cold pointy tip pressed against Bruce's neck, followed by the same grim voice.

"Oh, smart, aren't ya," Bruce smirked, "But... You have no idea who you are messing you, do you? But I know who you are. I have a rough guess. Let's see, a professional archer. Should I call you Robin Hood? Or, Green Arrow? Wait! I know Oliver Queen..."

'Can you heal her?' He asked the girl inside the ring.

'It's a piece of cake,' A voice replied.

He channeled his lightning, activating the healing process in the girl. It took less than a second and no blood flowed.

"There you go, all healed up," Bruce let her go with an apologetic smile, "I had to make sure you aren't another criminal gang, trying to enter Gotham." He turned around at the archer. 'Yup! Green Arrow,' He smirked. "Care to put that arrow down?"

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" Green Arrow kept his arrow in place, but his tone didn't hide his astonishment.

"Bruce Wayne," He extended his hand toward him, "And do tell that other friend of yours to lower that sniper rifle, or else my cat friend might just kill him."

Green Arrow made a hand sign to the sniper.

"It's too late to talk. Come to the Wayne Enterprise tomorrow. We will talk there," Bruce mounted on his bike and pulled a card out of his wallet.

Oliver took the card.

"Show the guard that card. He will let you in. And once again, I am sorry about earlier," He apologized once again, then put the keys in, and ignited the engine. A girl in a black suit jumped down from the nearby tree on the back seat. They drove off.

A short moment later, they were riding down the main road.

"Are you going to recruit them?" Selina asked, snuggling close to his neck.

"Who?" Bruce asked, focusing on driving.

She inhaled his scent and licked the side of his neck. Then grabbed his bicep, "Oliver Queen and John Diggle. A highly proficient sniper and an ace combatant."

"We will see about that," He replied, taking a right turn and speeding up. "Right now, we have to find out who shot that girl. A criminal was hiding right under our noses, and we didn't even notice. I guess, it's time to amp up the game."


----['favourite' the chapter if you liked it.]----[Comments, ratings and reviews are always welcome]

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 18 chapters ahead⭐+ [Spiderman fic early access- 13 chapters]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

Next Chapter: In the woods

---

76