Ch: 66 [Diana in modern world]
1.1k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Diana's first person pov]

My name is Diana, the princess of Themyscira, a hidden island off the coast of Greece. My mother was the Amazon Queen, and I had been training as a warrior all my life. I was always fascinated and curious about life outside of the island, the land of men. I couldn't imagine the kinds of freedom and opportunities available in the world outside.

I don't think Themyscira has anything more for me to see or experience anymore. I wanted to experience something more, something new and exciting. But before that, I had never even left the shores of the island, let alone made my way to another continent. It seemed like such a faraway, wild idea.

My people believed that men were weak, yet they called them dangerous, and women could only achieve true strength and power with themselves. I have read the ancient texts and know the history of the Amazon race and the impact of humanity, so I felt a conflict in my heart. It had been centuries since my foremothers had fled to the hidden island and secluded themselves from the world.

However, I sometimes wonder, why live in the past? Why do we judge all men with Hercules? Why judge all men with Gods? Didn't their arrogance lead to their destruction and in the end were forced to leave Earth forever?

I am a proud warrior and I respect the traditions of our sisterhood. But at the same time, doubts cloud my mind. The way I see it, there is so much beauty in the world beyond the walls of our island. And I need to see it... Experience it... I want to know if what we have been taught since our childhood is true, and if so, I shall return and accept my duty as the Princess, but if... If we have judged men wrong, and they are not the demons we have believed, then I must return and save our brothers who have been imprisoned in Mount Etna. I must save those poor souls who are killed by my sisters after copulating with them.

Someone has to take the first step toward the future and step out of the past shadows. Maybe that someone has to be me. I will take this burden upon myself and seek the truth.

With that thought in mind, I left the sisterhood and ventured into the outer world. But what I saw and experienced out there was beyond my imagination. Nothing could have prepared me for what happened next...

The outside world is in chaos. They call it World War II, and hundreds, if not more, of men, women, and children are dying every day. I knew right away that I had to help. So, I dressed in my armor, concealed my identity, and joined the Allied forces. It wasn't easy, but I was there fighting a war that wasn't my war, but I couldn't turn a blind eye to suffering.

By the time the war ended, the damage was already done. Good won, justice prevailed, but at what cost? Countless lives were lost, and the world was scarred. I stayed in Europe for a while to help rebuild and heal the broken hearts and minds of those who had lost everything. Then returned back home to Themyscira.

I told my people everything I had seen and experienced in the outside world. But they didn't listen. They refused to believe that men weren't all evil. They wouldn't hear about the brave soldiers who died on the battlefield for the sake of peace. Denial was easier than acceptance. They preferred to stay in their bubble and ignore the reality around them. Mother imprisoned me in an isolated part of the island.

I spent years in isolation, away from everyone, meditating and trying to find answers. I prayed to the gods for guidance, but none came. Finally, one day I had enough. I decided to train further and get stronger... Strong enough to live my life the way I wanted to. One day, I will challenge the throne and change things for the better. Until then, I will train harder and learn all I can.

That brings us to now. After years of training, I broke out of the isolation and defeated all the champions. I defeated Mother in a single combat. But instead of taking the throne, I chose to leave Themyscira forever, never to return again. Let them live the life of denial they prefer. I will live mine the way I want.

[Location Metropolis] [2016]

As I stepped onto the bustling streets of Metropolis, a city I had only heard about from sailors and traders, I was stunned by its lively energy. Skyscrapers loomed overhead, piercing the sky like the strongholds of Olympus, but they were built by ordinary people. The sounds of vehicles, the hum of technology, and the continuous movement of people gave me a sense of wonder.

The streets were bustling with activity, in stark contrast to Themyscira's tranquility. People rushed by, their faces hidden behind equipment I'd never seen before. Colors and lights flashed everywhere, banners danced across giant mirror-like things that looked like giant TVs. The metropolis appeared to have its own pulse.

I was surprised by the range of attire. Everyone dressed differently, expressing themselves in ways I hadn't expected. The multiplicity of faces passing by reflected the diversity of civilizations.

I was amazed by the technical marvels, including towering buildings, sparkling motor vehicles, and flying aircraft that soared into the sky. It was a great cry from my own island's simplicity, but there was beauty in the complexity, an elegance in the turmoil. Everything looks new and very different than what I saw back during the war.

Right now, I need some new clothes to blend in. I had my armor on, which was probably not the best way to walk in this modern world. I needed to look more inconspicuous, more like the other women I saw on the street. Well, money wasn't the problem. Luckily, when I was taking my weapons from the treasure house, I found six stacks of modern cash that my sisters brought after looting a new ship.

So, I found a place called Macy's and purchased some modern-looking clothes. A white shirt, black jacket and blue jeans. I had never worn anything like this before, so I wasn't sure if it suited me or not. However, the clerk seemed to think it did. She gave me a warm smile and said, "You look stunning, honey."

After that, I took a stroll around the city. It was fascinating, to see the hustle and bustle of the modern world.

Huh?! What's that? Smells so good... I followed my nose to a place called a fast-food restaurant. The smell of grilled meat and fried food made my stomach growl. I hadn't eaten anything since I left the island, and it felt like I hadn't eaten in days. It's just across the street. Maybe I'll try it out.

As I was crossing the street, a giant truck approached me at high speed. I was about to punch it... How dare he drive like this in the middle of the city? But the driver suddenly slammed his brakes, and the vehicle screeched to a halt, inches from my face. He rolled down his window and yelled, "Get out of the way, lady! Are you trying to commit suicide or what? Go and find some other way to kill yourself. Don't use my truck!"

How dare this filthy drunk yell at me?

Before I could say anything, he sped away, leaving me shocked and confused. Why does he think I want to kill myself? I was only trying to get to the other side of the road. 

---

----['favourite' the chapter if you liked it.]----[Comments and reviews are always welcome]

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 17 chapters ahead⭐+ [Spiderman- All Immunity early access- 17 chapters]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 

Next Chapter: Diana meets Bruce Wayne

---

65