Ch: 76 [The VR Tech]
1.1k 7 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Batcave]

Bruce and Pamela entered the Batcave, where Selina and Diana were supposed to be working on the new case, but they were nowhere to be seen. He looked around the cave, but nope. So sign of them. Then he stopped before the platform where his Batmobile was supposed to be. But the spot was empty. He growled, "Where's my fucking Batmobile? They couldn't have just driven off with it..."

"Bruce, you look angry. I mean your veins seem to pop out of your neck and forehead," Pamela looked concerned.

"Really? Do I look angry to you?" He said with a scary smile and a cold voice, "She wanted a bike, so I made a custom one for her, and yet, she took my car! She always does that. Dang! I love her so much that I can't get angry with her. But... In the broad daylight, running around with my car! I have to punish her, don't you agree with me, Dr. Isley?"

"I am sure she has her reason for borrowing it," She replied, trying to hide her smile.

"Yeah?" He activated Batmobile's cam. The live footage was displayed on the big screen before them. Diana and Selina were in the car. They were driving on a race course.

Selina was looking excited as she steered the steering wheel while Diana laughed like a carefree child, "They are so going to get hammered." Selina giggled as the car turned left and right.

"Don't let that man win. Go faster," Diana told Selina, and she pushed her feet on the accelerator. The car zoomed off as the roar of its engine echoed through the racecourse.

Bruce turned toward Pamela.

"Ok, my bad. She should be punished," She chuckled.

"They are doing illegal racing and having the time of their lives with my goddamn Batmobile!" He threw his hands in the air and huffed, "The amount of recklessness and disregard for the safety of others, it drives me nuts..."

"So they are my teammates?" She was trying to process the situation.

"Yeah, the one driving, you have already met her. She is Selina, and the other girl is Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman. Selina is a normal human like me and as for Diana, well, she is an Amazonian Princess, almost immortal, has superhuman strength, flight ability, and many other powers."

She gasped. "Did you just say immortal?! That's unheard of. How can a mortal being like us have immortality? Are you messing with me, Bruce? That doesn't make any sense at all."

"Almost immortal. She doesn't age like us humans, take a look..." He pulled out Diana's information on the screen. Pamela went through the data, reading every detail about her. She was stunned by the details. Bruce couldn't help but smile as she checked the file.

After a moment, she shook her head in disbelief, "This sounds like fantasy fiction."

"Welcome to reality, Pam," He chuckled, "From now on we will be recruiting more teammates with such special powers. Some are even more outrageous than yours or hers. Imagine, someone from another planet living among humans who has so much power that he alone could destroy Earth or a shapeshifter or someone with the ability to run faster than light who can travel back and forth in time." He sighed, "It's exciting, and sometimes, it is terrifying."

"I just can't wrap my head around what you're saying, Bruce," Pamela closed the folder. "Time travel, aliens and immortal... Wow, this is too much information to handle. How do you do it? I mean, how do you stay calm with so much going on?"

"Humm... No one ever asked me that," He said thoughtfully, "Honestly, it was overwhelming at first, but eventually, I accepted that this world is different, and I will have to adjust to it. Of course, I did face some obstacles, but it's worth it." He smiled, "Now I spend most of my time making sure this crazy world doesn't fall apart."

"I was just a small-timer botanist just a day ago, and now I find myself joining a league of super beings. It feels bizarre and also kinda cool," She looked thoughtful. "Doing something more... Something big... A hero... Bruce, thank you for helping me be a part of it."

"No need to thank me, I am happy you are joining the team," He said as his phone vibrated. He looked at the display. It was Alfred calling, "Alfie, what's up?"

"Hello, Master Bruce. Lunch is ready."

"Thanks, I'll be right up."

He looked back at Pamela, "Shall we have lunch?"

"Yes, please! I am starving."

After lunch, Bruce left since he had some work to take care of and Pamela wanted to tag along with him. She wants to continue working on the mutated ivy plant. She spent the whole day in her lab, researching on the mutated flower. She tried to call her assistant, but she wasn't answering her phone. So she did everything herself.

[Testing room]

Bruce spent his time working on the VR tech. It has finally reached the final stage of testing. After almost three long years, his team has made significant progress on the project. He felt proud of his team for their hard work.

"Are you ready, Mr. Fox?" Bruce asked his executive. Lucius was putting on the VR gear on his head.

"Well, what could go wrong?" He also wore his headgear, "Alright, Jarvis, I leave the rest to you. Start the simulation... Create Amazon forest."

Jarvis started the VR simulation. The scene before their eyes was a lush green landscape full of ancient trees and wild vegetation. It was breathtakingly beautiful. They found themselves standing in the Amazon forest. It looked just as real as if they were actually there.

"Wow, this is mind-blowing!" Fox looked thrilled.

"Our project, 'Virtual Reality' is in its final stage," Bruce said proudly, "I plan to offer the Gen-1 products to a game development company, and if it proves to be successful, we could enter another era of technology. Just imagine, sitting at home and enjoying a trip to Paris, without even getting off the couch. Or, playing a game with you being the main character, feeling and enjoying every moment."

"Incredible. Our three years of hard work have paid off, Mr. Wayne." Fox grinned, "I can feel everything... Even a small mosquito bite. This technology is ground-breaking! What about our real body?" He wondered.

"Once the device activates, our body falls to sleep... Then the device directly transfers the data to the brain, bypassing the actual sensory input. The user can create any world and experience everything as if it were actually happening. Plus, there is a safety feature that monitors the user's heartbeat, blood pressure, and brain activity and if something goes wrong, it will jump into action, bringing back the user to reality instantly." He explained the process roughly.

Fox shook his head, "Incredible... Simply, incredible. If this technology hit the market, it would revolutionize the way we perceive and live in our world. It's an innovative way to use science and technology."

"Yeah, that's why, we need to take certain steps. You know how once a device hits the market, others try to copy it or find a loophole, so they can duplicate it without paying royalty or acknowledging the creator's name. Even some of our own workers might try to sell the info out for some cash," Bruce took a rock from the ground and threw it in the sky, "To prevent that I have kept the codes to myself and used those robots to build the first batch of devices."

"Wait! Then the programming team! What were they working on all this time?" Fox looked puzzled.

"A virus. And yeah, they have no idea what they were creating. I just hired some newbies and paid them to do their job without asking questions. But a leak can't be avoided no matter how hard you try. Six of them got fired last month, for trying to leak the info. Anyway, I had Jarvis merge the real software within it. You see, if anyone tries to open the gear or tries to hack in, it will destroy the software and fry the components to dust, leaving nothing behind." Bruce smiled.

"You thought that far..." Fox smirked, "That is genius. And risky."

"It's called insurance. We the Wayne Enterprise will hold the sole ownership of this VR technology in the world. And even the devices will be sold as a limited edition, and with a strict privacy policy, to ensure their authenticity," He knew it wouldn't stop the greedy from finding a way, but at least it would be more difficult.

"And the cost?" Fox was curious.

"First do a trial launch. Depending on the success and response, I will leave the pricing to you," Bruce answered.


'favourite' the chapter if you liked it.

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 15 chapters ahead⭐

[Spiderman- 0X early access- 23 chapters] [Release date: 1000 ps or 1st Feb. Whichever is first.] + [Big Brother in Marvel- Early access]

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 
---
 Next Chapter: Love triangle

68