Ch: 80 [A dead end]
1.1k 3 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the week, Pamela developed an antidote for the hallucination serum. Bruce, on the other hand, developed the serum to test the effect of the antidote. He injected himself with the serum and once the hallucination kicked in, she administered the antidote. It worked!

Meanwhile, Alice caught a couple of suspects, but none of them have memories of certain events. It was like a chunk of their memories was missing. It was a dead end. There were no clues about the lunatic killer. And in just a single week, six murders occurred in Gotham City with the same modus operandi. The press was going crazy, and the citizens were worried.

[Location- Crime Alley] [Theatre rooftop. Batsignal]

"If this continues, this city is going to fall apart," Alice paced in frustration as she took out a cigarette. She lit it and took a puff. She has been working non-stop, but nothing came out of it.

"And people wonder what's killing them," Batman zipped down from the sky and stood in front of her.

"I had a long day," she replied, leaning on the railing, "Don't you smoke or drink to get rid of this fucking headaches?" She took a puff again.

He shook his head, "Smoking isn't my thing. As for alcohol, it depends on the occasion and company."

She chuckled, "Yeah, you seem like someone who drinks alone. Do you even have any friends?"

"I got a few," He replied.

"Yeah, right!" She rolled her eyes, taking another puff.

"What?"

"No, nothing. Just forget it," She threw the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

"Tell me."

"I am just saying... You seem like someone who keeps everything to himself. Don't blame me for assuming you don't have any friends," She shrugged.

"Well, it's not like I run around the city in a costume all the time. I do have a normal life," He replied, revealing a bit about himself.

"Normal?! Ha! Yeah, right!" She laughed, "Anyway, any leads on your end? I am running blank here..."

"Unfortunately, nothing concrete. But a friend of mine has developed an antidote for the hallucinating serum that the killer is using to manipulate people. So, you might want to inject those suspects with missing memories with it. I will have someone deliver it to GCPD," He suggested.

She nodded, "Great idea. So, even the great Batman is running blank on this, huh?"

"Jonathan Crane, Dmitri, and Jordan Weir. See what you can find out about them. They might be related to this somehow," He ignored her teasing, "And don't go closer to them without injecting that antidote."

"Fuck! He was released from prison last month. Fuck! Fuck! I should have kept an eye on him," She cursed herself. Jordan Weir is a former criminal who specializes in hypnotism. She remembered arresting him a year ago for manipulating people to steal jewelry for him.

"So, it would seem we got our first target. Want to take a ride with me tonight?" He smirked.

She blinked a few times, "Ride where?"

"To catch Jordan Weir," He replied.

"In that high-tech car of yours?" She looked down at the Batmobile below them. "You want my help? That's new!"

"That's life. Every now and then, you get to experience new things," He smiled.

"Alright then! Let's catch this fucker," She grinned. "If he really is behind this mess. I will rip apart his limbs myself."

"Hey, what would people think if GCPD Commissioner Alice starts ripping apart criminals' limbs?" He teased.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh, shut up! I am off duty today anyway."

Batman grabbed Alice by her waist and jumped off the theatre rooftop with her. He activated the thrusters in his suit and landed gracefully on the Batmobile. Alice clung to him tightly during the drop.

"Shit! That was a rush!" She exclaimed.

He opened the top hatch of the Batmobile and sat inside. She climbed in next to him.

"Hold on tight, Commissioner," He pressed a few buttons, and the car sped through the streets.

Batman used Jarvis to track down Jordan Weir. They found his location within a few minutes, all thanks to the AI tracking the food delivery app he uses. It was a forty-minute ride from their location.

"So, you are rich, huh?" She asked as they drove through the city.

"What gave it away?" He smirked.

"Your gadgets, tech, and this damn Batmobile. It's obvious," She shrugged. "Did the Waynes build you this car through a custom order or something?"

He remained silent for a moment before replying, "Maybe I took apart a few of those Batmobiles they mass-produced and made this one myself."

She raised an eyebrow, "That sounds fun! You are good with cars, huh?"

He nodded, "It's a hobby of mine. I like tinkering with stuff."

"And yet, you refuse to smoke or drink!" She teased.

"Everyone needs their vices," He smiled.

After a few minutes of silence...

"Just for the records, how old are you?" Alice asked suddenly.

"Why? Wanna go on a date with me?" He teased back.

She scoffed, "Nah! Just curious since you are quite young."

"Oouch! And here I thought I had a chance with you," He pretended to be hurt.

She giggled, "Yeah, right! Stop stalling and answer me already!"

"23," He replied.

She widened her eyes, "23?! Damn!"

"What? Change your mind? Just imagine a 23-year-old boy going on a date with a 36-year-old woman. You could show me off to your friends and make them jealous!" He continued teasing. "A rich young boy toy for you to play with!"

"Hahaha! You are impossible!" She laughed, "But just for the records, are you serious about the dating thing?" She asked with a hint of seriousness in her voice.

"Well, I like older women. But..." He looked at her for a minute or so, "Nah! Not interested in girls who smoke and I like to be on the top, so no boy toy fun for you."

"Fuck you!" She punched his shoulder lightly.

Soon, they arrived at Jordan Weir's location. Batman parked the car a few blocks away.

"Alright, you take the front door. I will take the roof. Oh, here is your antidote," He took out a syringe from his utility belt and handed it to her.

Alice nodded and climbed out of the car. Batman activated his stealth mode and flew onto the rooftop of Jordan Weir's apartment building. He scanned the house and detected signs of two people inside. One must be Jordan Weir while the other one could be his accomplice.

He silently lockpicked the roof door and went inside, while Alice lockpicked and went through the back door downstairs. Batman crept into the living room and saw Jordan Weir sitting on a couch, watching TV. Beside him was a woman who was just sitting without any movements. He scanned the room to check for any traps or danger, but everything was clear. He disengaged the stealth mode.

"Sir. They are dead," Jarvis's voice rang in Batman's earpiece.

Alice also walked into the room with her gun and saw Batman standing behind them. He shook his head sideways.

"Fuck! Dead?" She muttered.

Jordan Weir turned and that unknown woman was dead. Batman approached them and scanned her body. "Jessica Summers, a florist. She has been reported missing yesterday. Didn't return home after closing her shop."

"I will call in the team," Alice dialed a number on her phone and called a GCPD unit.

Batman kneeled beside Jessica's dead body and checked her neck. He noticed a puncture wound. Someone injected a substance into her neck. He swiped some blood from the wound and scanned it with Jarvis.

"So..." She looked toward him.

"Poison. Someone injected poison into her neck," Batman replied.

"What about our guy?" She asked as she bent down and checked his arms. "Fucking hell!"

Just like the last few murders. Someone sliced him up and then sewed him back together. Batman scanned Jordan Weir's body and noticed traces of hallucination serum in his bloodstream.

"He got that serum in his body," He explained.

"Fuck! This lunatic is playing us! How did they kill these two before we got here?!" Alice grunted in frustration. "Now, another dead end for us." She sighed.

"Let's take a look around. The killer might have left some clues. You take the second floor while I check down here," Batman suggested.

She nodded and went upstairs while he searched the kitchen and living room. Jarvis scanned every inch of the apartment, looking for fingerprints, DNA, or anything unusual. He discovered footprints and a few fingerprints scattered around. Jarvis matched them with Jordan Weir and Jessica Summers.

"A trap door!" He moved the couch and found a trapdoor hidden beneath it. He opened it and saw a staircase leading to a basement.


[Don't forget to 'favourite' the chapter]

If you want to support me or read advance chapters, check out my Patr éon. 

Support Link: https://www.patr eon.com/XcaliburXc

⭐As of now, Pat reon is 16 chapters ahead⭐

[Exclusive r18 contents] [No double billing] 
---
 Next Chapter: Decisions 

---

New release schedule- 3 Chs/week till I finish Chef in Multiverse. [Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.]

62