An Apology To My Apologetic Assasin
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I-I’m sorry!” She cries out, standing at the doorway in an exasperated bow. Though her voice was strong, it was cute. Her shimmering emerald hair and flashy dress make it seem like she’s rejecting me on a date. In actuality, she was apologizing for assassinating me.

“I have nothing against you, but I have a job to do. So I ask you again, please forgive me for what I’m about to do!” She hastily adds.

“No, no, it’s okay,” I casually say, ignoring the horrifying implications of this conversation. She jolts back out of her deep bow. She unsheathes a knife concealed in her dress, aiming it at me. Her eyes turn a bright yellow, devoid of life. With little warning, she dives toward me, bringing the knife mere centimeters from my throat. Not wanting to die, I block her with my arms. She jumps back and rushes me again, going for my stomach. In retaliation, I plant my feet and stiffen my arms to block her attack once more. She backs out after hitting my arm. Seemingly realizing the cause of her troubles, she tries to slice my veins in both of my arms. Hastily, I duck and kick the knife out of her hand. She steps on top of my body, jumping into the air to grab it. I grab her leg, trying to slam her to the ground, but she quickly plants it to the wall. I focus my strength on holding her leg, but she unexpectedly uses the one on the wall to kick my head, sending us both crashing to the ground.

Dazed for a moment, I gather my thoughts and look for the knife. Luckily, it’s nearby, and I grab it. I hop up and try to stab her before she has a chance to get up. She rolls out of the way and gets back up, swinging her legs aiming for my head. I block her with the knife and retaliate. Without hesitation, she weaves around my direct attacks at her head, all while maintaining eye contact with me. I miss one more stab, and she uses that time to punch me in the gut. I can feel the life and wind fly out of me, bringing me to my knees. Gasping for what little is left, she slowly walks up to me and smiles. She drives the knife down, and in a desperate attempt to escape death, I grab her hand, which causes me to cut my hand. But it stops her momentarily. It’s clear that she’s weaker than me in arm strength, as she visibly shakes, trying to outweigh the pressure of my hand. She slaps her other hand on top, causing me to lose some ground. But I stay strong. She pushes with all her might.

Damn... I can feel my body begin to give out on me. I look into her yellow, haze-covered eyes. It’s like she’s in a trance of some sorts. Before I could continue analyzing her in my last few moments, tears began to well up in her eyes as they revert to the wonderful emerald. Her pressure on my bleeding hand loosens significantly.

“Please, just die already. I was trying to give you an easy death!” She wails with a burning passion. She acts as if I was supposed to let this happen.

“Living’s more my style,” I grunt, still fighting her hands. Unfortunately, at this rate, the blood from my hand makes my consciousness waver.

“I’m begging you…” Tears unrelentingly pour from her face. I keep trying and pushing it back, feeling her strength fade from her body as mine does. I stand back up, using the last bit of my strength to sweep her legs, falling to the floor. I use the opportunity to snatch the knife from the air, using my non-dominant hand to grip it for dear life. I gaze down at her as she watches, horrified. I wait for her to attack, but she doesn’t. She sits there, struggling to understand that I had defeated her. I want to kill her and be done with this, but...

I drop the knife.

“I give in,” I put my hands up.

“What...?” She mutters in pure shock. I avert my gaze from her eyes.

“I’m not strong-willed enough to take someone’s life away. Especially since you’re cute,” I sputter, saying to whom was my soon-to-be murderer. She finally bursts, letting her tears flood and cover her body. Wailing loud enough for even my neighbors to hear. In an attempt to not get noise complaints for making a girl cry, I try to comfort her.

“It’s okay! I don’t mind being killed that much…” I hastily tell her.

“Really?” She quiets down quite fast. In actuality, I mind with all my life, but at least she stopped crying.

“Yeah, now if you excuse me… I need a nap.” My body droops as the deep cut from my hand finally makes me succumb to my injury.

“He-Hey, you can’t leave me with these mixed feelings!” I hear her call out. Though I couldn’t respond as I blacked out.

I slowly open my eyes to be greeted with my bedroom. It felt as if I had a bad dream about some weird crybaby trying to murder me. I nervously laugh, wanting to blow it off. Touching myself to make sure nothing’s missing. I look down at my hand and realize it’s in bandages. I jump out of my bed, looking around for her.

“I’m sorry!” There her voice was, ringing out in my bedroom. She stood there in a deep bow once again, desperately trying to apologize before she explained anything.

“Like I said before, it’s fine,” I say, just trying to quiet her down. Before I can get anywhere, she dashes over and hugs me. I couldn’t process it, let alone anything that had happened in such a short span of time.

“Thank you for forgiving me,” she joyfully whispers to me.

She’s insane. That’s the only explanation for this. With that began our troublesome life together. Against my will, of course.

This was a fun write. I hope you enjoyed it and the others that will be coming out soon! If you would like to see more of this story or any others that seem interesting, don't forget to favorite the chapter!

1