41. The Opening
1.2k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will greatly appreciate if you decide to show your support towards my content through tip on PayPal or Ko-fi. Thanks for support anyway even if you don't decide to do it.

_______________________

Finally the furniture was delivered and furnished perfectly. The group floor had six big shelves and a giant counter table which went from the stairs to the Main entrance which was at the other side of the room.

I had also ordered some mini shelves for the two basement rooms which were only for special customers. And of course beds for each room and dining table and everything else which was necessary. 

It took us a whole day to arrange all the things that I had bought to arrange on the shelf. Organizing the same kinds of products on the same shelf and explaining how to read prices of each product to my employees was really tiring business. I said employees but only Eva with her responsible adult attitude and Jace with her boundless curiosity could follow what I was teaching them. Mimi had a permanent question mark above her fluffy eared head. Surprisingly though the kids understood more of what I was saying than Irene and Mimi. And I had to buy a real toy to distract June from all the new stuff she was planning to treat as toys.

It would look weird if everyone had different clothes and customers wouldn't know who to talk to for help so I bought and gave a simple uniform to Everyone navy blue vests for Eva and Jace who would work as cashier and solve customer queries which red vests for Mimi and Irene whom I had planned to use as guards. 

Mimi still had a lot of healing to go through before she could work so for now only Irene would do the security duty. 

I gave green vests to the kids without uniform to not make them feel left out as helpers.

I also asked the information guild and adventures guild to put on our grand opening poster on their announcement boards and they did for a fee of course. 

We were ready for the opening. 

The next day we opened for the business at 8 in the morning. The construction and various strange things happening into one of the busiest streets had garnered a lot of attention this past week and my advertising in the guilds with colorful posters with high quality graphics was such a novelty that people just came to see what was going on if nothing else. 

So we were busy right from the start. Everything was priced many times more than what I had originally bought it in of course still I had left many life necessary things at the price that everyone could afford.

Even the cookies and chips were so popular that people asked for buying them in bulk but I had a strict rule about certain quality per person. Many did send others in their place to buy but that was normal I guess. 

Eva was so busy writing everything down and making bills for people that I had to join her to lessen her burden. Even Lily and Ray were with us writing lists to make her work a bit easier. 

I only got to know later that all the kids had asked Eva to help them practice writing the product list as I had explained the day before. And they were at it for quite some time last night.

The rush was so much that we had to hold the line so only certain customers could enter at a time and people were lining up the streets and making it even more lively. At a certain point even the city guards came to watch what the big fuss was all about. 

Many wealthy merchants came and bought a lot of things but no noble had yet come to take a look. The process of buying was simple and fast with only limited items per person rule we managed to somewhat curate to all the people who had lined up. 

After realizing that they couldn't buy many things because of the price or they would go broke people one by one left asking us whether or not the item they had their eye on would be available at a later date. Many people wanted to buy a lot of different things but could only buy the most essential stuff without going overbudget. 

Even the richest merchant that visited could only buy less than 7% of all items that we had on our product catalogue. 

In the evening it had somewhat calmed down and only few were looking around in the shop. The hardest job was Irene's. She single handedly kept an eye on people as to not let even a single person hide things or take things without paying. 

It also helped that the way the counter and the main gate were lined that no one could leave without being seen by Eva and Irene and even if they run Irene was on the door so no one could get past her. 

Just today three guys tried to sneak off in the crowd but Irene caught every single one and we handed them to the guards while taking note of their ID. They were banned from ever coming here.

We were so exhausted at the end of the day that instead of closing at 10 in the night we closed it off at 7. It was a very very successful day indeed. I didn't tally the total amount yet but just seeing the pages and pages filled with numbers I roughly had a business of over 800 gold coins just today. Far surpassing the amount I bought this stuff in 50000 points which were 500 gold and that was the price for all the products I purchased. I only sold like 15 - 20% of all my stock and I was already in profit. 

I looked at the tired faces which had gathered around the dining table. To reward the hardwork I bought a premium alcohol bottle for the adults while the best drinks for the kids that really brighten the mood in seconds. 

Jace took quite a big mouthful of the alcohol in her glass and sighed a satisfied sigh.

Hikaru - Haha good work guys. The crowd was beyond my expectations but maybe it was just a novelty excitement from the merchants and people. I think it will lessen the traffic after today...

Eva - No, Hikaru-san I don't think so. The products we have are really amazing I think once people realize how much helpful they are in everyday life the clientale will only rise...

Eva said putting her empty glass of alcohol down.

Hikaru - Just call me Hikaru...

Irene - She is right though. People will definitely spread the word of what they bought today which will only make people want to come more...

Jace - We should also prepare for that it was a bit overwhelming for me today...

Eva - Yeah, I was busy from morning to evening continuously not that I mind doing the job...

Lily - Yes, if only we could help more.

Ray - Yeah...

Hikaru - No you guys were pretty handy today. It was more than enough. The problem lies with our arrangement. We need more people.

Jace - Yeah especially the billing and writing staff. The most people were crowding while waiting for their payment receipts...

Hikaru - Yes, We at least need two more cashiers and one more person to help with guiding people and providing information. I saw how you were continuously speaking with one and then other person, pointing them into right directions.

Jace's eyes widened a bit and I also saw her cheeks getting a bit red I guess she thought no one was looking at her.

Eva - Yes, Jace had a lot on her plate too.

Hikaru - Okay I will post the notice for hiring three new people first thing in the morning, I was thinking about having some assistants anyway once you guys had a bit more experience...

Mimi - Hmm ? Why was that ?

Hikaru - So you guys could leave after a year and it wouldn't effect my shop.

Eva & Jace - Ahhhh...

Mimi - You think pretty far in the future don't ya ?

Hikaru - That's why I am the boss...

Everyone laughed at that and continued with their drinks.

23