Ice, Spikes, Lightning, and Lava
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…Love doesn’t have a good answer for this…

 

She thinks long and hard to herself, but the best justification that she could think of is that she has a crush on Maka and wanted to help her out even though deep down in her heart she knew that this was going to be a suicide mission.

 

The American Dream stands back up and turns around. He then exhales a deep breath.

 

“...Fighting kids is one thing, but I don’t want to hurt a child who won't even fight back…”

 

This only ever so slightly eases the stress that was surging throughout the entirety of Love’s body.

 

As he starts to walk back towards what remains of the hideout five bodies suddenly rise from the rubble.

 

“...Oh Andrew…” A large grin can be seen from the darkness.

 

The man slowly walks out into the light of the dim streetlamps and reveals himself to be Maximillian Midas.

 

He is followed by Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and Vulcan.

 

“...Those weren’t my orders…” He said with a deranged smile.

 

He turns towards Hades and nods.

 

“...What the…”

 

Andrew feels a slash across his back.

 

Hades walks in front of Andrew, kneels down in front of him, and puts his bident on his chin.

 

“...My apologies Andrew, but orders are orders…”

 

The soul of The American Dream slowly flies into Hades’ lantern.

 

The American Dream slowly reaches an arm out towards Love before he collapses for good.

 

Hades gets up and walks back towards his boss.

 

“...Now then…” Max snaps his fingers. “Kill them all! Leave no survivors!”

 

“Yes sir!” his four henchmen say in unison.

 

“Stop right there!” A megaphone is heard in the distance.

 

A police car drives up to the crime scene and a man gets out and walks towards the Midas Mob.

 

This man had long, icy, light blue hair that almost reached down to the floor, a police jacket slung over his shoulders with a white undershirt and a blue tie, a police cap with a star symbol on the front, and black slacks.

 

He takes a cigarette out of his mouth, drops in on the ground, and puts it out with his foot.

 

Max and the others take a step back out of both surprise and fear.

 

“...Chief McHail…What…what are you doing here?” Max stutters out.

 

“Let’s just say a little birdie told me everything. Now, put your hands up where I can see them!”

 

Hades exhales and sprints towards the police chief.

 

“Not so fast!” The police officer says as he waves his hand towards Hades.

 

Before he could respond, Hades was frozen solid in a massive block of ice.

 

“...Wait…” Love finally builds up the courage and strength to stand up. “...Wh…what did you say your name was, sir?”

 

The police officer turns towards the timid blonde.

 

“Chief McHail, Eiss McHail to be more specific. You might also know me as the hero Permafrost. Why do you ask?”

 

‘...Oh…oh shit…’ Love thinks to herself. ‘This is…Calder’s dad?!’

 

“...Oh…” Love quickly tries to formulate an answer while hiding her fear. “...Just wanted to know the name of the man who was saving my life…that’s all…no other reason…”

 

“How do you not know my name?” Eiss questions. “...Everyone should know my name in this city…”

 

“...Uh…let me just say…that I was a…very sheltered kid…”

 

Eiss squints at her for a second.

 

“...Fair enough…Carry on, citizen…”

 

He turns his attention back towards Max and his three remaining henchmen.

 

“...How did you know we were here?” Maggie questions. “WHO RATTED US OUT?!”

 

“...If you really must know…It was the leader of CHS’ IQA team…Little Miss IQ…” Eiss steps forward leaving a path of ice in his wake with every step. “...She told me everything that she knew…but who would have guessed that Mr. Midas was behind all of this the whole time?”

 

“...THAT'S IT!” Midas screams at the top of his lungs. “I DON’T CARE IF THEY SEND THE ENTIRETY OF THE US MILITARY AT ME! I WILL NOT LET MY EMPIRE FALL!”

 

“...We’ll see about that…” Eiss says as he tips his cap.

 

“ZEUS! POSEIDON! VULCAN!” He screams. “I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DO, BUT BEAT THIS FROSTY ASSHOLE BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY! GOT IT!”

 

They all nod and get into combative positions.

 

“...I’ll give you one last chance…” Eiss says as he walks towards the three faux Gods. “...Give yourselves up right now…or suffer the consequences…”

 

“Like Hell we will!” Vulcan shouts as she deploys her hammer.

 

She lifts it over her head and aims it at Eiss’, but is quickly frozen as well.

 

“...Who’s next?” Eiss says as he brushes a few snowflakes off his jacket.

 

“Let’s dance, big boy!” Neptunia yells as she extends her claws and leaps towards Eiss.

 

She swipes at him about thirty times, but he dodges every slash with ease.

 

“...WHY WON’T YOU LET ME KILL YOU?!” She screams.

 

“...Why would I let you do that?”

 

“THAT’S IT!” She yells at the top of her lungs. “ABYSSAL SPIKE ASSAULT!”

 

Her fingers and hair extend out in every direction, but Eiss just leaps backwards and out of the way of the attack.

 

“AAAHHH!!!” She cries out as she dashes towards the police chief. “JUST DIE ALREADY!”

 

“...I’d rather put you on ice…” He says as he freezes Neptunia right before she tries to lunge at him again.

 

Zeus looks at his pocket watch to read the time (it is currently 11:59 PM), closes it shut, and places it back into his suit pocket.

 

“...It appears that it is my time to fight…” He says as he uses his hands to create a thunder clap. “Strike Of Midnight!”

 

He disappears as a bolt of electricity flies behind Eiss.

 

Suddenly, Franklin reappears behind the chief. He winds up a punch while his arm is brightly surging with electricity, and he slams his fist directly into the middle of his back. 

 

Eiss flies forwards and tumbles onto the ground.

 

Franklin looks at his wristwatch.

 

“...Hmm…that was a whole fifteen seconds…I can be more efficient than that…”

 

“...You’re saying that like I am done, but we are just getting started!” Eiss quickly gets back up and sends a massive wall of icicles towards Franklin.

 

Zeus claps and quickly evades the attack.

 

He appears behind Eiss again and traps him in a bear hug.

 

“Heaven’s Wrath!” He yells out as a massive bolt of lightning flies down from the sky and strikes the police chief.

 

“AAAAAAHHHH!!!” Eiss screams out as he is being electrocuted.

 

Franklin drops the police chief and lets him fall against the pavement.

 

“...Hmm…an entire minute…I must be losing my edge…”

 

Franklin tries to walk away, but Eiss grabs him by the ankle.

 

“...What is it now?”

 

“ICE AGE!” Eiss yells as Franklin is instantly frozen, but the attack is so massive that it covers the other three with another layer of ice as well.

 

He quickly unfreezes only himself, takes his cap off, and dusts it off before putting it back on.

 

He attempts to walk back towards Midas, but is interrupted.

 

Even though she was under multiple feet of ice, Maggie’s skin looked like it was boiling.

 

She melts the entirety of the ice that she was previously trapped in and stares daggers at Eiss.

 

“Now you’ve pissed me off, ice prick! I am angrier than ugly on an ape!”

 

She flexes and her entire body becomes a bright red and her small tuft of hair turns into a long flowing mohawk made of fire.

 

“BOILING POINT!” She screams as she places her hammer down and aims it towards Eiss. “ERUPTION!”

 

She presses a button that opens a hatch on her hammer as it shoots a giant wave of lava flies towards Eiss.

 

He dodges this, but just barely.

 

“DRAT! LET’S TRY THAT AGAIN!”

 

She fires at Eiss again, but this time he freezes the lava and it slowly cools down back into rock.

 

“DADGUMMIT!” She yells as she fires at Eiss a third time which he freezes again.

 

She tries to fire again, but realizes she is out of ammo.

 

“SHIT!” She screams out as she tries to fiddle with the weapon to see what is wrong with it.

 

“Sub Zero Snap Freeze!” Eiss yells seizing the opportunity and freezing Maggie a second time.

 

He sees Maggie instantly try to thaw the ice with her heat, but he puts his palm up to the side of the ice and sends an icicle towards her.

 

“Sub Zero Sniper Round!”

 

It pierces her through the shoulder.

 

She had an incredibly pained looking expression on her face, but she soon finally gave up and passed out from the pain.

 

“...Now…where was I?” He rhetorically asked as he walked towards Midas again.

 

Max put his hands up in self defense.

 

“...Now listen Chief…we could just work something out here!”

 

“...Save it for the judge…” Eiss says as he freezes Maximillian Midas in an instant.

 

Eiss then walks towards Love to check on her.

 

“...Are you okay, young man…” He says as he is standing over Love.

 

Even though she should be thankful that this man saved her life, his words still stung her a little.

 

“...Y…yeah…I think I should be fine…”

 

“...Glad to hear it…” He says as he stands up and pulls out his phone.

 

“Send a couple of paddy wagons to my current location.” He says as he walks to investigate the rest of the crime scene further.

Love, alongside Maka, Ash, Violet, Candi, and Takeru were all in the back of a police van and were being driven back to SUPER.

 

Midas and all of his henchmen were arrested at the crime scene and all of the other heroes were in a different van.

 

They had a hearse come from the morgue to pick up the bodies of The American Dream and US Andy to get them ready for the funeral.

 

Surprisingly enough, aside from the two patriotic themed heroes, none of the other heroes died during this attack.

 

“Alright, this is your stop.” A police officer says as she lets the kids out of the van and back onto campus. “We might call you in as witnesses for the course case so just keep that in mind, okay?”

 

Love and the others nod and the police officer drives off.

 

As soon as she leaves, Love immediately started to cry again.

 

“...Hey Love, it’s okay…” Violet says in a sweet and quiet voice. “...We are all alive and well…that is all that really matters, right?”

 

Love doesn’t respond and just keeps crying.

 

Candi wraps her arms around Love’s shoulders to give her a hug.

 

“...Hey guys…I think she just needs some time to herself…”

 

Candi looks towards the rest of the group who all just slowly nod in agreement.

 

She escorts her friend back to her dorm and tucks her into bed.

 

“...Sweet dreams, Love…” Candi says as she gives Love a kiss on the forehead goodnight.

 

After this, Love quickly falls into a very deep sleep.

Should I Make Character Profiles For Kendo and Kong?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
2