Love Comes Out
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning: Transphobia, Alt-Right Talking Points

 

Now that Maximillian Midas is behind bars things finally started going back to normal…or as normal as possible for some people…

 

Throughout everything that was going on Love completely forgot about Calder outing her when he hacked that news website to post the article about her. To her luck the article was deleted at some point after that because she couldn’t find it no matter where she looked. It seems like it was completely scrubbed from the internet.

 

With that being said, Love didn’t want to be outed again so she decided that she was going to come out on her own terms.

 

Love waited for the next time both class A and class B had training together to make her announcement.

 

All of her friends along with all of the students in her grade level, Jack, Angella, Zari, Isaac, Rose, and Bulldog were all present at this time.

 

“Alright!” Zari announced into her megaphone. “Before we start training today Lev wanted to make a personal announcement!”

 

Zari hands Love the megaphone.

 

“Here ya go, sir!”

 

All of the students were sitting in the bleachers. Aside from Love and Zari, Isaac, Angella, and Jack were standing at the front of the gym. Bulldog and Rose were leaning against the wall of the gym.

 

“...Um…Hello…” Love stutters into the megaphone. “...There is something I would like to share today…about myself…”

 

She looks around the room. Her friends all had big supportive smiles on their faces, most of everyone else had a neutral expression of anticipation, and Calder looked colder and more distant than he usually was.

 

“...I…I…I am…uh…”

 

She was completely frozen by stage fright.

 

Noticing that she probably needed some help, Maka, Violet, Candi, Ash, and Takeru got up from their seats to surround her at the front of the gym.

 

Violet leans over and whispers into Love’s ear.

 

“Do you want me to say this for you?”

 

“...No…I think…that I should be…the one who says it…but thank you…”

 

Violet nods and puts an arm around her friend.

 

“...Hello…my…my name is…Love…Hart and I…am…a…”

 

Love takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.

 

“...I am a transgender woman…”

 

She quickly hands the megaphone back to Zari and tries her best to hide behind her friends.

 

Now that the information was out into the world she was curious about how people were responding to this, but at the same time she didn’t want to know what people thought.

 

…I mean…she did want to know if they were supportive, but she rather not know if anyone had the opposite opinion.

 

Violet and Candi hugged their friend.

 

Maka, Ash, and Takeru stood in front of Love and scanned the room for any trouble that this might bring to their friend.

 

Zari puts the megaphone up to her lips slowly.

 

“...Oh…That was…” She puts a hand on her chin for a second while she thinks over what she says next. “...Not what I expected, but also very brave!”

 

Zari turns to Love.

 

“Would it be alright with you if I open the room up for questions?”

 

Love thinks about it for a moment, but nods her head yes.

 

“Okay, if you have any questions for Love she said it is okay to ask.”

 

Zypp Sunbeck walks up to Love and they point at her accusingly.

 

“I knew it!”

 

That is all Zypp had to say. They walk away after this.

 

Rose walks up to Love next and gives her a hug.

 

“I know that was probably really hard. You are very brave, Love.”

 

Love’s eyes get misty after she hears this.

 

“...Th…Thanks Rose…”

 

Rose decides to stand at front with the others for now.

 

Bulldog walks over to Rose.

 

“...Hey…should I scrap my work on…her equipment to make it more…you know…”

 

“Oh, most definitely! I think that you should scrap it completely and I’ll help you restart! I told you, not everyone wants hot rod flames and skulls on all of their stuff!”

 

“...Noted…”

 

Jack just sighs in annoyance.

 

He writes a note to himself to update Love’s pronouns in the system.

 

“...Making me do extra work…” He grumbles to himself.

 

Angella shoves him in the shoulder.

 

“Come on Jack! Be happy for her!”

 

Jack looks at Angella with a deadpan expression.

 

“...I will never be happy to have to do more work…The reason for it is irrelevant to the fact that I have to do more work…”

 

“Whatever you say, Scrooge!”

 

Jack glares at Angella and continues to write on his to-do list.

 

Zahid walks up to talk to Love next with his arms crossed.

 

“Just to let you know, this doesn’t change anything about our upcoming sparring session. Just because you are a woman doesn’t mean I will go any easier on you.”

 

“...That’s fine…”

 

Zahid bows his head and walks off.

 

Shiro is next. She wraps an arm around Love’s torso.

 

“...I was going to say something similar to Zahid, but in a nicer way, you get what I mean!”

 

“...I…I think so?”

 

“...Yeah…Congratulations! I am genuinely happy for you, but I also will not hold back in combat! So…be prepared yourself for that…miss…”

 

Being called miss sends a warm feeling surging through her body.

 

Samara was next with Poe wrapped in her arms with a tight hug.

 

“...Since you are a girl now I should reintroduce you to Poe…”

 

She grabs Poe’s hand and waves it at Love.

 

Love does a small wave back to the teddy bear.

 

“...What do you have to say, Poe?”

 

“The circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant…It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are…”

 

Both Samara and Love look at Poe with a bewildered and confused expression.

 

“...Uh…I mean…it is beary nice to meet you, Love!”

 

After this Samara scrambles away.

 

Jazmine walks up next and wraps Love in a bear hug.

 

“Love! What a great name! It’s music to my ears!”

 

She lets go of Love and gives her a second to breathe.

 

“Just a tip, if you have any more feelings you need to work through I highly recommend expressing them through creativity. It doesn't even have to be through song! Writing or drawing would work for this too!”

 

Jazmine is about to walk away, but gives Love one more hug before doing so.

 

…and that just leaves Calder…

 

He is standing in the bleachers with a bewildered and angry expression on his face.

 

“...What…the fuck is going on?! Is it opposite day or something?!”

 

Everyone turns their attention towards Calder.

 

He jumps down from the bleachers and walks towards Love and the others with hands in his pockets.

 

“Why the fuck are you all indulging in his fantasies?! What the hell is wrong with you people?!”

 

Violet walks up to Calder with an angry expression on her face.

 

“Her!”

 

“WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?!”

 

“HER!” Violet is pissed now. “LOVE IS A TRANSGENDER WOMAN! WOMAN AS IN SHE/HER YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!”

 

“I KNEW THIS TRANNY IDEOLOGY BULLSHIT WAS CONTAGIOUS! I FUCKING KNEW IT!”

 

 “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!”

 

“YOU ALL FELL FOR IT! YOU ARE ALL MIND CONTROLLED SHEEP THAT BELIEVE WHATEVER THE WOKE MIND VIRUS TELLS YOU TO DO!”

 

“...Oh my god…” Violet says with a more quiet tone. “...I didn’t know people like you actually existed…”

 

“What do you mean…Smart, rational people who don’t believe what the government tells them?”

Every other person in the room is also starting to get angry at Calder and are staring daggers at him.

 

“...No…” Violet says as she tries to calm herself down. “...What I mean is quite the opposite actually. I didn’t believe it was possible to not only be so unintelligent, but actively be such an anti-intellectual. I really shouldn’t be surprised though. You probably also believe that the Earth is flat, don’t you?”

 

“...Yeah…of course it is…what does that have to do with any of this?”

 

Violet just bursts out laughing.

 

“OH MY FUCKING GOD! YOU ARE ACTUALLY SERIOUS!”

 

Laughter bursts out from the rest of the room as well.

 

Calder starts to feel a bit self conscious for once in his life. He looks around the room and notices that everyone else was laughing directly at him.

 

He didn’t get it though. He knew for a fact that he was right. They were in the wrong, but they were somehow blaming him.

 

‘Who gives them the right to laugh at me?!’ He thinks to himself.

 

“You know what! FUCK THIS! FUCK ALL OF YOU ACTUALLY!” Calder flips off everyone else in the room. “I’M OUT OF HERE!”

 

When he tried to leave though, Maka, Ash, and Takeru were blocking his way.

 

“YOU THINK WE ARE JUST GOING TO LET YOU SPEW ALL THAT BULLSHIT AND WALK AWAY WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES?!” Maka yells out. “THE FUCK!”

 

Calder feels anger surge through his body. More powerful than any anger that he has ever felt before in his entire life.

 

“...You know what…” A twisted smile climbs onto Calder’s face. “...You’re right…”

 

He turns back around to everyone in the room.

 

“...Why the Hell am I just taking this shit! I am not the weird one here!”

 

Icy winds start emanating off of his skin.

 

“I’LL JUST DO THE DEVIL’S WORK MYSELF! WHY SHOULD I LET ANY OF YOU LEAVE HERE ALIVE?!”

 

He leans back with a hand over his face and cackles out the most disturbing evil laugh that you can imagine.

After he is done laughing he looks at everyone with a fucked up smile. He slowly puts a hand up towards the other people in the room.

 

“ICE AGE!”

3